Ovulation Question!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Ovulation Question!

Just because you ovulate does that mean you ARE indeed able to get pregnant when ever conception occurs or are there many other factors that play into being able to conceive other then ovulating and a good luteal phase length. (Not including the male issues in this just female)

I ask cause im wondering if maybe something else is going with me. i can see through temping im ovulating but NOTHING is giving so I though I would ask the question above to see if maybe im just not lucky right now or if there are other things I should be considering.

Thank you! =]
No, just ovulating doesn't mean that you can carry a pregnancy.  First thing is the quality of the eggs.  Then after fertilization, there may be a problem with the embryo and hence a very early miscarriage (often before you do a test).

There there are the hormonal issues.  Does the corpus luteum continue to produce progesterone properly after fertilization?

Also how thick is the lining of the endometrium?  Is it thick enough to support a pregnancy.

There's a also physical blockages in the fallopian tubes that can stop a pregnancy.  You can ovulate but if you've had a previous STI or PID or something else that can cause scarring (surgery in the area, not necessarily on the reproductive organs).  Then the egg may not be able to travel through the fallopian tube to implant in the uterus.

Have you actually ruled out male related factors?  If the male has had a previous child it doesn't mean he's fertile now.  You should at least do a sperm count.  To investigate a female can be painful and invasive which is why it's a better idea to start with a sperm count because it's not generally painful for the man.
senseanonymous  commented on SOY
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
gymdandee commented on SOY
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals