Ovulation after Mirena removal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ovulation after Mirena removal?

Hey everyone. I have not been here in a while. I am doing sooooo much better since I got that Mirena taken out. No more bleeding and no more pain in my stomach at all. Thank God. Well to anyone that knows can you ovulate right after you get it taken out? Are there any birth defects related to this. My boyfriend and I have been having every night unprotected sex (which has been alot of fun) lol. I think he is trying to "pop one in me" as he would say. I was under the impression that it would take a while for my body to get back to normal, but true or false is that? Thanks. Hope ya'll had a happy new year!
False, fertility returns to normal immediately after removal. It may take one cycle for the lining to thicken up a bit, but you will continue to ovulate as usual.

Andi
I have had the mirena for a year and a half and I am on my way getting it taken out!!!! It has way to many side effects for me! I felt more sain pregnant!...lol...seriously. I'm nauseated, never can eat, gained weight, depressed all the time for no reason! I feel hormonal! Anyone that reads this don't get it! At first it was ok but once my body got used to it...I've been to the doctor more in the past year than in my life cause I just don't feel like myself! oh and did I mention that I have no sex drive? and Brownish discharge 90% of the time!!!!! I guess things don't work for everyone! I just pray to god everyday to help me through it. I get it taken out 1/15/2007! Has anyone had any problems after taking it out? and how long did it take to get back to normal?

Thanks- iud outta here!
I have been sooo happy with mirena!!   I am sorry to hear of the last comment of having such a difficult time with Mirena. It was a god-send for me.  Once I got the mirena iud (after having my first child) my weight dropped to what it was from high school, no mood swings, no periods, no discharge, it didn't wipe out my sex drive which are all problems I had with so many different forms of the pill that I have tried over the years.  I have had Mirena now for 3+ years.  I don't even think about it. I am about to have it removed to try for baby no.2 which is how I ended up at this site.  Please keep an open mind, everyone's body is different.  I would definately use Mirena again after my next child.  
best regards - bt
I had my Mirena for almost two year. I did not have any problems with it. I got it removed on 10/15/2009 and started bleeding on 10/17/2009 I (7 days now) It seens that is not going to end any time soon. I am TTC and I also wonder if I can ovulate even if I am bleeding? hellll;pppp
I had IUD for almost 4 years. I took it out 3 months ago to try for baby no.2 ..I was under the impression ...once it was taken out..you were fertile! Wrong. I didnt have period for 10 weeks after removal so my dr. put me on a 10day hormone to start..After 2 weeks, I finally started..I've been testing for ovulation every day with no success. I have no clue whats going on and how long this is going to take. I am a teacher and needed to be pregnant 2 months ago for scheduling purposes! haha..Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get preg. after this thing? Thanks!
I loved my IUD....until now. I had Mirena for 3 yrs and I had it removed Jan. 1 09 and had regular cycles until Aug 12 then no more periods! Has this happened to anyone else? I have taken a test and it was neg. TTC #4.....
I had my mirena removed Sept.14.09 after 4 yrs. got my period the next day. Got a period again in Oct.09 and two in Nov.09. Does this usually happen? We are trying to get pregnant. Does anybody now how long it will take?
I loved mirena while I had it. I had very little side effects and no periods at all. I had mine taken out after 5 years which was Jan 5th 2010. I had a light period 3 days after the removal...now, 2 weeks later I am cramping very bad and really uncomfortable. My husband and I are trying to have a baby and we are on a limited time schedule because of some health risks I have. I am getting really worried after reading everyone's comments that I may have made a wrong choice getting Mirena to begin with. Does anyone have some positive input????
I had mirena in for two and a half years and in November 2009 I had it removed to getaway pregnant.  I've had period every month on time but no ovulation. I called my doctors office and the nursery told me that fertilty doesn't return in some women and what they've been doing is pitting women on clomid to conceive which they are going to do for me next week. I'm so angry because I've always been fertile I even got pregnant with my second son whole on the depo and I got pregnant immediately after having the copper t iud removed. Since November I've had a period monthly and no ovulation....you better believe I blame mirena.
I recently had the Mirena IUD taken out. I spotted for  like 3 days. Meanwhile, My husband and I want to try and have a baby. Been feeling a bit weird sense we had sex and was wondering if its possible to be pregnant this soon after? A little family history= my mother had 5 kids and pretty much sneezed and was pregnant. I have a 10 year old daughter. That pregnancy was not planned, in fact he pulled out and I still got pregnant. What are the odds that I could have gotten pregnant 2 days after taken the IUD out?
I had the Mirena for 3 yrs. after the birth of my son.  I had it removed Feb 8th, 2010, got pregnant right away (within a couple of weeks).  I was in doubt about the pregnancy from the beginning because of the fact that it thins the walls of the Uterus.  My hunch was right, I had a miscarriage yesterday.  My Dr. says nothing is for sure of course, but I don't think that my uterus had time to fix itself that quick.  Now I am petrified and anxious to get pregnant again!  I had to have a D&C today, but I feel the same thing applies with the uterus walls as with the Mirena?  
I had my Mirena recently taken out after 4 and a half years.. I had problems with since day one, but dealt with it, because the ONE (and only) positive thing about the IUD is that it prevented pregnancy (i didnt have to use condoms, take the pills, etc.) I would NOT recommend getting the mirena to anyone unless you dont mind getting yeast infections for the first year, rollercoaster periods where you bleed for a day, then not get it for 3 months, then bleed on and off for 3 weeks, etc. I even thought my IUD was poking into my uterus because i had severe pains (similiar to labor) where it felt like i had swords shooting up me and i couldnt even sit in a chair! The gynocologist prescribed me antibiotics and the pain eventually went away.. The IUD even made me have a strange odor-- almost "plasticy".. Not a great thing for my sex life.. Anyway, now that I have my Mirena out, i couldnt be more relieved, and everything is back to normal- period, hormones, etc. Im so happy, and I hope people consider the negatives with the positives about getting an IUD. Thanks & have a good day!
I had mirena inserted in March 2008 and had it removed Jan 2010 b/c we were ready to conceive. We were under the impression fertility would be normal right away.  Here I am SIX MONTHS LATER and still no pregnancy...or a regular period.  My cycles have gone from 19 days to 23 to 24 to 25 to 26 to 25 and I only bleed for ONE day, then 5 days of brown spotting.  WTH? This is the most frustruated thing.  I have a OBGYN appt on Monday. Lets hope she can help speed things along.  Anyone have an experience like this.  We have been married almost 3 years and are ttc baby number one and I am 30yo.  Times a wasting.
I had the Mirena put in in 12/03 I had it taken out 3/10.  I was very late taking it out -- however it worked very well.  I never got pregnant for over 6 years.  I went to have it removed and have another reinserted but it was a different Dr.  --

The Dr. who put it in must have done a VERY GOOD job because I never had any pain at all.  I never felt it and had minimal to no problems.  

The Dr. who took it out and put a new one in seemed to struggle inserting it _actully she wasn't a Dr. only a midwife nurse or something -- right when she was inserting a new one it was the WORST  PAIN of my life.  I thoughT I was going to pass out.  I barely made it to my car and sat there for 40 minutes in agonizing pain!!!!! I had a whole list of problems for the next 3 days and went back to have it removed....

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS:   I THINK YOU REALLY HAVE TO HAVE AN EXPERT INSERT THE MIRENA PROPERLY OR YOU WILL HAVE LOTS OF PROBLEMS!!!!! some know how to do it right and unfortunately, some don't:(

Hi I just found this site I had my mirena put in october 2007 and removed december 15 2010 I know it has only been 15 days but I have had no bleeding what so ever while mirena was in no periods ever just wondering if anyone know how long it normally takes to return after removal
Thanks KF
I gto my Mirena placed in Mrach 09'. Just after I had my daughter. My husband and I decided we were going to try to get pregnant with #2 and i got the Mirena removed in Aug 10', I have not had any problems with the Mirena, in fact it worked great for me. No side effects or pain. My OB even had to dialate me (I had a CSection, cause my daugther was breach) I went into labor early and dialated to 3cm, anywho, she had to re-dialate me to insert it. The dialation hurt worse than the actual insertion of the Mirena. I had regular periods and no problems. Since removal I have had a period ever month, not spot on a cycle but pretty close. Its now January and I have gone thorugh 8 cycles since removal, and still not pregnant! Im starting to loose hope. I know it sometimes take people a while, but my whole family (im 7 of 8) barely do anything and become pregnant! It has now taken me way longer to concieve (conceive) #2 than it was for #1!
needless to say, im frustrated, nervouse, scared and loosing hope.... :( I wanted to get preg so that my kids birthdays are apart from each other. Maily becuase december and january are our main bday months for my husbands side of the family.....I want to be preg so badly......
I got mirena after my 2nd child and have had it for 4 yrs and its the best birth control I've ever had! I have tried about 3 different bc pills the shot and the patch all gave me hormornal side effects weight gain etc. But w mirena worked my husband and I had unprotevcted sex all 4 yrs and no side effects at all!! It was like it wasn't even there which is what conbfuss me when I see what other ppl think about it? I guess it goes to show ppl r different bc I tell everyine to get it:)
I had my Mirena for 6 years, I had it removed January 5th 2011, had a period February 3rd, 2011 my period lasted 7 days. It is now March 7th, 2011 and I was supposed to have my period on March 3rd and I am still not bleeding. I took a pregnancy test this past weekend and it came back negative. I am wondering if being late is normal or if there is a possibility I could be pregnant. Please help!!!
I had my Mirena inserted in December of 2008 after the birth of my first-born in October.  I LOVED it unequovically until Friday, March 25, 2011 when I had a cyst rupture.  It was the most agonizing pain I have ever had...I had my 15 year old (with learner's permit) drive me to the hospital!!!  My sympathy goes out to ALL women who experience ruptured cysts, especially those who get them regularly.  I learned that the MIrena can cause these cysts along with a variety of other scary side-effects...thyroid issues, weight gain, mood swings, lack of sex drive, etc.  the more I read the more I related with.  We have been talking about ttc #2 for several months now and we felt that this was the final 'push' to get us off-the-fence!  LOL.  I WOULD recommend Mirena to others, but I would also tell them to make sure to talk to a Doctor in depth, do some research on your own and don't believe everything you read on a forum will happen to them too.  Mirena is easily removed (unless the string is cut too short, like in my case...'someone' complained that he could 'feel' something poking him back and I went in to Dr. to make sure it wasn't shifting out of place so he cut the string shorter...it took awhile to get a 'grip' on the Mirena but my Doc is AMAZING and with a little ultrasound guiadance he got it).  All-in-all, I would have Mirena again...but I feel that I wasn't educated enough when it was recommend to me after my son was born...I just had a baby, hadn't been sleeping, was having issues with breastfeeding/low milk supply (know linked to Mirena hormone), so I didn't think of asking about side-effects in depth....just wanted to do what the Doc said...and make SURE I didn't get PREGNANT SOON!!!  LOL...

I had my Mirena out the following Monday, March 28, 2011.  I bled light/moderate for 24 hrs (ish) then nothing for another 24 hrs, then a period for 5 days and now I have had very sore/tender breasts, slight nausea, extreme fatigue, slight confusion/foggy head, but my sex drive is returning to normal, I don't get upset at the kids or hubby as often or as intense!

I hope everyone wishes come true, whether you are ttc or not.  I tried to get as detailed as possible but my 2 1/2 year old kept asking me for things so if I got too side-tracked and rambled, sorry.  HTH

CM
Hi. I removed mirena 5 weeks ago. And had two periods but had all the symptoms of being pregnant. I am so ready to do so. Okay two week ago go a positive test at home. Then went to doctor and negative (blood n peer test). This week breast are very tender craving tomato juice. Vomiting nausea pain n the lower pain. And my three sons can't stay off of me. If I am not then what could it be. Last period was March 25 bleed for one day. Then no more. Is it that I want it so bad that it not Happing or the merina I removed. Making feel this way. I am so confused. Please share with you're removal symptoms.
Hello, I am new to this and i have read so many positive and negative comments about Mirena. I had many problems with Mirena, spotting during the almost 2 years I had it in, pain during and after sex, very moody, anyways, I recently had it removed (2 days ago) and I am wondering if anyone can help me with my question, which is....I had pretty much normal periods throughout the use of Mirena and started my period on May 19, 2011, lasting my normal 6 days, I had mirena removed May 6, 2011 and I am wondering, would it be possible that I am ovulating? My husband and I are trying to concieve (conceive) baby #2 together and after reading so many horror stories, I am becoming scared and very discouraged! Please if anyone knows, give me some information...thanks so much!!
I got Mirena 8/06 after I had my son. I had no problems, no periods, until I got pregnant on it 7/09. We ended up losing the baby & I had to have a D/C. I got another Mirena put in 10/09, again no problems, no periods, which I loved. I had that one removed a few days ago, 8/11, to ttc baby #2. I bought OPKs, hoping that my body gets back on track soon so we can start trying. We're both pretty anxious, but don't want anything to go wrong. I don't think I could handle losing another one, especially one that I am trying for. We're going to play it safe until I get a period, then we'll see if I am ovulating. I barely bled the day of removal, have taken a few ovulation tests that were negative, so now its just waiting for a period. I wouldn't discourage anyone from getting Mirena. Everybody is different, it won't work for everyone, but its worth a try. I loved it(except for the pregnancy).
i have had my mirania for 2 and half years no problems with it i got it out on the 19th of august 2011 had spotting for 14 days but it was brownish spotting i need help i realy want to be preg has any one had this done to them and got pregant im concerned i cant get pregant again please someone help has any one gotten pregant after the mirania or had a brownish spoting after
Hi i got my Mirena taken out on july 13 2011 started to bleed on july15/2011 for 8 days then took some ovulation test and nothing , then i didnt get my period till september 3 2011 i tryed taking more ovulation tests today and nothing , please help my husband and i really would like a 2end child.
Hello,  I got my insert in 08/09 and my husband and I have loved it!!! I have had very little pain and few periods however we now are considering removal and I don't know what to expect.  I have a few questions like does it hurt worse getting it removed or inserted? Do you feel any immediate change in your body?
I had my 1st Mirena 2000 before having kids (to help resolve constant breast tenderness).  This worked a treat.  I had it removed when I got married and fell pregnant straight away, miscarried at 6 weeks, fell pregnant again 2 months later, miscarried again at 6 weeks then after my husband returned from a spell overseas, fell pregnant again when he'd been back for 2 days and carried the pregnancy (taking half an aspirin a day and pessaries to help continue the pregnancy - as recommended by the GYN.  I didn't have a chance to have another Mirena put back in before I fell pregnant again 3.5 months after giving birth.  After my 2nd daughter I didn't use any birth control but thought I knew my body too well to fall pregnant as could easily recognise when I was ovulating!  I fell pregnant again and now have 3 daughter!  I had the mirena put in when my 3rd daughter was around 6 months old.  Two years have passed since and around 2 weeks ago I started getting pain in my lower right side (abdomen) and back pain, very tender breasts consistently.  I couldn't feel the coil strings and went to see the nurse at the doctors surgery, she couldn't find them either.  I was sent for an urgent scan in case the coil had moved and embedded in the lining.  Te ultrasound showed the coil in place alongside an ovarian cyst the size of an orange on my right ovary!  It appears to be a simple cyst but the blood test I am due to have on Tuesday will confirm this.  I have since read that one of the side effects caused by the Mirena is ovarian cysts.  I wasn't told about serious side effects before this was fitted.  It is a very inexpensive contraceptive for te medical profession as it lasts for so long and this is, why I feel, it is pushed to so many women.  It is well worth having a good look at what you might be putting into your body before going for this. It has now been removed - thankfully!
Hallo everyone, its very disapointing reading about all the negative comments about mirena. I used to tell that its only me that i m figering out many negative issues about it. Well my story begins when i was 19yr, was pregnant at 17yr and after giving birth dicided that no more mistakes again so i started cp but couldn't get one right for me, too many migrains. Finally my doctor suggested that i should have mirena inserted which was very new at those days. With out asking too many questions because i trusted my gyneacologist i did it. It was great, no periods no cramps... passed the 5years and redone another one straight away, again no problems since 3years after. I started to notice that i was becaming very dry and hot flashes, refered to my gynea and she prescribed me lubricant jelly but problem was solved for intercoarse only cause the problem was getting worse especially when it comes to wipe my self with tissues so i started to change brands of toilet paper to dry wipes and on ...bt nothing it was sickening when it was coming to pee.
Last november had my first cyctitis which send me hospital for 5 days with intravinus antibiotics as the infection went up to my kidneys..thanks god no damaged. ....after experienced ones a month and that was my decision to consult another doctor (by the way i used to follow up check ups every 6months and what ever said to my gynea the mirena for her had nothing to do.)
anyway the new doct said that the mirena on the first place should never be done on a young person as i was and by the time till now it was shrinking my ovaries and foward me to an early menopause. Imagin it at 29y already in that phase. And the cystitis where coming because due to the dryness that the mirena caused the skin in the vaginal area became more sensitive and with intrecoarse and tissue friction a large possibility is to get frequent infections.
REMOVED it right away, had a period afer 31 days and now i am in my 5 period. Not very regulary so, dryness improved. My husband and i after 12y we are ttc and no results....TILL NOW AS I ON AGAIN this time after 23 days. hope it didnt made me infertil but lets be possitive about because negative toughts bring negative energies.

I do not recomand mirena if its not an alternative against a hysterectomy. Too much side effects if you do not experience them right away they will come eventually.

Lots of baby dust for does who really wish and good luck

Had my mirena for 3 years and loved it. No problems and periods were almost nonexistant. Getting it inserted was definately worse. Removal took like 2 seconds, hardly even knew it was out. No immediate effects for me except a little spotting with the removal. Had a period 5 days b4 removal then seemed to get another one 6 days after it was out. Other than that I feel fine. My first cycle after removal was only 20 days. We are trying to conceive as well, unfortunatley it didn't work right away for us. From what I hear everyone's body reacts different and there is no cut and dry pattern after the removal. Guess I need to be patient, that is going to be hard. Come on body I NEED an EGG!!
A little help: TRY the ovulation home test and moniter yr bbt for now, just to have a clue if you are ovulating. Give it a chance and relax, do not waste alot of energy on focusing on "if it might be hard" just enjoy doing it and take care of the health habits and eating belive me it helps alot.
yes  we need an egg!!
Had IUD removed in 4/2011...had it for 5yrs and
couldn't be happier that it was gone. Husband and I are ttc, but I havent ovulated at all.  Never had trouble becoming prego before Mirena. I'm very upset with Mirena and my doc bc they didnt warn me that you have a chance with fertility lose with Mirena!  Does anyone know if there are things I could do at home to ovulate again?? About to be 30...time is running out :(
I had my iud taken out on nov 19 th had af on nov 22nd ended on 26th now me n hubby are ttc n i dont know when i have ovulated some sites say nov 28th some said dec 2nd... Ive been crampy, moody, boobs hurt a lil bit, some or alot of cm, i have the montgomery bumps on my bbs im due on dec 13th for my period i dont know if im pregnant or not help?!?!
I had my Mirena placed in Nov 2008 after having my first daughter. My husband and I are ttc #2 and got it removed in April 2011.  I had first period 3 days after removal. My 2nd & 3rd were on perfect track. I didn't have one again until September 2011 and have since not had one. All home tests are telling me negative. My husband and I are not slacking on the trying but we still haven't concieved. Any ideas?  
I am a medical student who had the mirena placed 5 months ago, after exhaustively reviewing the published medical literature on its safety, especially in women who have never had a baby.  Many people on this forum are complainint that their doctors did not tell them that infertility can occur after mirena, but this is because there is really NO evidence that infertility happens after the mirena is removed.  Over the last 25 years, studies have looked at thousands of women around the world who have used Mirena or a similar hormone-releasing IUD, and their fertility one year after removal always is no different from fertility in healthy women.  

Just remember that if you take 100 perfectly healthy, perfectly normal fertile women, after one year of having unprotected sex and trying to get pregnant, only 85 of them will get pregnant!  That does not mean they will never get pregnant, it's just how statistics work.  Even if your body is ovulating perfectly and you do everything right, getting pregnant might take longer than a year.  So don't get discouraged, and resist the temptation to blame it all on the mirena!
Just make sure you don't have sex the entire week before removal.  I wasn't told this and am freaking out that I'm pregnant...still have another week to wait and see.
I had Mirena in for 3 1/2 years. I have had no previous children, I am 25 and want to start TTC. I had Mirena removed Nov. 5th (2 months ago) started period right after removal then exactly 28 days later I started another period  which lasted 3days. I started ovulation home tests on days 10-25 and NO OVULATION at all!! I have heard that if you conceive you may get an LH surge detected so I thought "maybe Im pg" but I have taken pg tests every day, ALL NEGATIVE! And now I am 5 days late and still no positive... This makes TTC very difficult and expensive with all the ovulation and pregnancy tests. Hopefully it wont take much longer. I dont think I would try hormonal therapy (for ovulation) until after at least a year of trying, thank goodness I'm not in too much of a hurry. Also I saw on Dr. Oz that any type of hormonal therapy is a risk factor for breast cancer, so please make sure your not rushing into doing it.

I dont think I had any major side effects on Mirena except for sometimes my husband said he could feel something poking him while in deep penetration and I occasionally had bad and very painful cramping after it that lasted 10-15 minutes. But I loved not having my period. I did notice that my libido significantly dropped, but I cant say that it was Mirena's fault. Although since it has been out I feel a lot more frisky.

I will update this post in a few months to let you all know my progress. I am trying to be patient but when you are ready to be a mother, pregnancy could not come sooner!!
Opps I meant to say: I have heard that if you conceive you may NOT get an LH surge detected on the ovulation test, so that is why I thought I may have been pg.
I had Mirena put in 12/2008...in Nov started feeling pregnancy symptoms...so, did some research and found that alot of people get pregnant with mirena.   I had a negative pregnancy test but decided to take it out and DH would get a vasectomy.  Had mirena taken out 12/1, never had a period....can't button some of my jeans so I took another test 3 days ago just to ease my mind and it came back positive!  Wondering if I was pregnant when I had it taken out....anyone else have a similar experience??  Hoping to get into OB this week to find out how far along I am....
hey i had my mirena removed on the 11th jan 2012 i had a period on the 13 jan 2012 and starting ovulating 2 weeks after tat i am hoping to be pregant but i will kepp things updated
Omg I had sex a day before I got the mirena removed then had unprotected sex with my fiance that sunday after, my mIrena was hurting, the first one I had was wonderful but My doctor acccidentally took it out while doing a biopse. when she put the second one in it literally felt like a knife going through my uterus, Im  starting to think I am not pregant because I am hearing so many stories about the CRash, and the risk of misscarriage I am going to wait longer now to take a PT.
Did you end up pregnant or was it a false alarm.  I'm curious to know because I had unprotected sex the day before removal and then 2 days after.  
I had the same issue. I recieved the Mirena spring of '09 and had it removed January '12 due to constant intense pain in my abdomen and back. When they did the transvaginal ultrasound they found a cyst the size of a walnut on my right ovary, unfortunately it had a suspicious spot on it. I opted to wait 6 weeks and have it rechecked post Mirena removal to see if it would burst after having it's "food" supply removed. March 6th I will have that follow up transvaginal to check.

On another note after Mirena removal I felt like I was on Crack ( I loved it)! Prior to the removal I was starting to have constant headaches, naseau, numbness in legs, and mental haze. Also had a menstral cycle about a week post removal, but it was mostly snotty brown stuff. I was supposed to have my 2nd cycle on the 25th of Febuary, but it's M.I.A?!
I got an IUD Mirena 8/2008 & I just got it removed 3/14/2012 ( a few days ago) My husband & I have 4 kids already 3 boys and a 3 1/2 yr old girl we want another  :)  The IUD worked great for us the entire time we havent had no probles but I also had no periods either. I am bleeding a bit now and am not sure if its a period or from the removal. I had to have it surgically removed because when I went into the Dr.s office to get it removed they could'nt find the string ;( . Well it it out and I really had no complaints, just so excited to get prego again!! I will keep you posted! mg
it does not hurt to remove..the only thing you feel is a little pressure from the speculum...i am only 17 with no kids but i had it a year!i hated it..but it comes out easily..it's alot like taking out a tampon.
I had my Mirena removed March 14th, 2012. I was on depo for six months after having my son, the pill for two year, and Mirena for 8 mos. Now I am getting married May 25th, 2012 and my husband and I want to start trying for a baby like yesterday. I never had any trouble getting pregnant before, in fact, quite the opposite-- my mother's nickname for me is Fertile Myrtle. I am growing increasingly concerned that conception might take longer than was originally excpected... We had unprotected sex March 29, 2012, and I have noticed some changes, but I'm thinking that it could just be the hormonal changes... I have had some strange sensations- like mild cramping in my uterus, I can smell EVERYTHING-- Which can be aweful in a house full of men, have had an extreme craving for citrus, and the most incredible aversion to Pizza-- which is weird because nobody love pizza like I do. I think I might just be psyching myself out. I just want to have another baby so bad... Babymaking was much easier when I wasn't trying... Maybe I'll do what I did before... Get a bottle of crown royal andmake some bad decisions!! Lol! Somebody help.
I didn't realize that you can stop ovulationg after having the mirena taken out! I was never told that maybe that's why I'm having a hard time to conceive!!
I also had no sex drive and i had been depressed i get emotional for no reason. I have more pregnancy symptoms with it. yesturday i was just lucky enough it came out on its own also saved me $150 to have it taken out. I have a 4 3/4 year old boy its time for a play mate as well I also had cramping in my abdoman; i was told at the ER it was just Constipation; i think it had to do with the IUD n e who best of luck I am in hopes to be preg. in a few days or so...Be a shocking suprise to my husband I tricked him last night to do the deed, and i asked him before when he got home from work if he was interested in another kid, and that it would help our son settle down a bit. Might be jealous for a while who knows. So n e ways I am hopes of being pregnant soon, he just said one day we will have another hoping its sooner than he was talking good luck
Heres a Update from, whoknows I have had nausea about 98% of my day no vomit just the feeling, My head is pounding w a major migrain headache nothing giving it releif; I feel short of breath but i checked my O2 level it was fine. Blood Pressure might be higher than normal come on guys could i be pregnant and getting a false negative it was a week ago i got a negative should i go get another test and try again......Im achy all over and feel this way ***** with a four year screaming at me i just wanna cry cause i hurt what can i do to get some releif im so tired too so nausea feeling, body aches, headache stomach ache like a cramping feeling. WIth just getting off the Merania 7 days ago could i have been pregnant prior to it falling out thats what my concern is
i had the mirenda in for 1 year . it was causing me alot of pain and discharge and mood swings . after i had it removed 2yrs ago i still have belly pain everyday and i bleed like crazy with blood clots . i already been to my doctor and had surgury cause of my scar tissues and the said i had a cyst and a faborid and just to take birth control pills. i think the mirenda is what caused me all this pain. im still having bad pain i go see an gi doctor monday and my doctor teusday and i pray watever they do i can be pain free im only 23 and i cant take this pain no more ...
Had mirena removed July 11 2012, had spotting eight after that got heavier each day, lasted for about 6 days, had a real period Aug 3rd that lasted 5 days, I have had no signs of ovulation what so ever! Its disappointing :( im tracking bbt, urine opk and saliva opk and no signs! Could I just not be ovulating at all? Or am I not getting side effects and or missing the signs? Is it to soon after removal to tell? I just want to ovulate and ttc!!!!!
I removed my IUD and started bleeding two days later. I bled for about a week. II took a pregnancy test a month after removal and it was positive. I'm now five months pregnant with a healthy baby boy! Good luck ladies, every body is different.
I had my mirena removed about 2 and half weeks ago and me and my boyfriend just had a accident could I be pregnant this early after IUD removal?
Why would you tell people that if it didn't work for you that it wont work for them??? You very well may have steered a 15 yr old away from the best chance of not getting pregnant she has - remember that when you throw your opinion out next time. Everybody has a different body mirena will have different effects on different people. identifying what happend to you is valid - I agree but to say "don't get it" is simply an ignorant thing to say
Monkey
After having my Mirena removed ovulation resumed immediately. In fact I ovulated bi-laterally nearly every time. I don't know if that happened due to the Mirena or not, but if it did beware of twins.
I wouldn't want either of my daughters putting this IUD in...it has caused some of what seems to be some frustrating and serious side effects for me. I had no idea the extent of the side effects when I got it inserted 3 years ago. I got it removed 3 weeks ago, thank goodness. I'm also TTC and am nervous that it may not happen for me. Why on earth would I want to mess with my daughters fertility? Granted they are 11 and 8 so it's not something to deal with now but as a mom and a nurse I would never ever recommend this product to anyone who hasn't had a child already.
Where you pregnant or just late. I had my mirena removed December 17th intercourse Dec 23rd and was expecting my period Jan 8th but nothing. I took a test and it said Neg so I'm curious?
Well, I've had two mirenas. The first for 5 years the 2nd for one year. I gained 60 lbs in those 6 years but never thought about it being from mirena.  Had it removed 2/7/13. Am still waiting for actual period. Have been spotting since removal. TTC number 1, I had a miscarriage in June of 2006. Hope that I can conceive without that particular complication again. I'm 27 and want to have a baby ASAP!
Hi I am sort of having the same problem it seems as if I am not ovulating either an I was wondering if you have any advice for me
i removed my mirena about a year or so ago and i have been trying everything i can to get pregnant with my NO.2 but i havent had any luck.... ive been late on my period at least two weeks every month but now ive been late since april. all of my tests have came back negative. :( its now june... i dont understand it. i was fertile mertile now... nothing....  :(
I got mine removed today it doesn't hurt at all u feel a little pinch like a carom then it's over. Piece of cake!
I have had mirena for a little over two yrs and I just got it taken out today me and my husband are wanting to try for our second child but I loved mirena great birth control once you get past the spotting in the beginning I had no periods hardly. No pain. I used to have terrible periods mirena helped a lot the pill however never worked but after hearing everyone's horror stories I figured I'd post a positive :) hoping I get pregnant soon! We r excited :)
I had the Mirena all 5 years with no issues.. no weight gain, no painful sex, no bleeding or emoitonal moments. I just removed it because we are trying to get pregnant. But as soon as I finsh it will be right back in.
Hey there i read your post from 2007. I'm having lots of mirena crash issues and was wondering if maybe you could tell me how long your bad side effects lasted after you got it taken out...?