PAIN IN OVARIE AREA - RIGHT HAND SIDE ONLY?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi in the last few months i have been experiencing pain on my right side (ovarie area). This pain is at its worst when i am having sex,  but only when i climax! It feels like somebody is twisting my insides. Also, this will sound really crude, but, when i have a period i use Tampons and find that half the tampon stays clean down one side. This happens everytime even on the first day of my period.  I also bleed very light and my periods last only 2-3 days.  
HI ELLIE HAVE YOU SEEN A GYNECOLOGIST?YOU MIGHT HAVE A CYST ON YOUR OVARY.THE PAIN DURING SEXUAL INTERCOURSE,IS USUALLY A PRETTY GOOD SIGN FOR A CYST ON YOUR OVARY.I AM NOT A DOCTOR,I AM ONLY GIVING YOU MY OPPINION.YOU NEED TO SEE A GYNECOLOGIST TO GET A DIAGNOSIS.AS FOR THE LIGHT PERIODS YOU WOULD ALL SO NEED TO TALK TO YOUR GYNECOLOGIST.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
MY SISTER HAD AN OVARIAN CYST WHEN SHE WAS 22 AND SHE HAD DOUBLED OVER PAIN BUT NEVER REALLY COMPLAINED OF ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS.
Ellie, I was just diagnosed with a cyst in my right ovary and endometriosis and they tell me that the pain I am  experiencing is from the endo. Hope this helps you.
Ellie,
I have the same exact problem on my left side. I have been through all the exams and they found nothing. I also get pain in my lymph nodes when this occurs, they seem to be enlarged in the left groin area. I was even sent to a  specialest for lymphoma cancer. Which thank god it was not. But i would love to know why it happens only on the left side including when i get my period.
i was told i have a hernia its in my lower right sise right beside my hip bone it hurts to have bowel movements it hurts to walk or stand for a period of time after 1 gyno 3 gastros the last one said its a hernia this is after 2 years of terriable pain
I'v have the same problem. I started having this pain on my right side when I was a little girl, around 5. My mother would take me into the doctor thinking it was appendicitis. But that wasn't the problem. I am 52 years old now and I still have the pain. Sometimes it is so strong, I find myself curled in a ball on the floor. I had my right ovary removed (doctors thinking that was the problem) in my early 30s and the pain still comes. I no longer have a period ( Menopause over a year now) and I still have the pain. I was checked for cysts, tumors and any other thing the doctor could think of, and the pain still comes around the time my period would be starting.