Aa
A
A
Close
PCOs with long and heavy bleeding
I am 26 years old suffering from pcos and long and heavy bleeding with blood clots. I have also learnt that PCOS is caused when females have more male hormones in the blood and less female horomones. I wanted to ask is there a medicine or drug or therapy that can increase female horomones in the Women suffering from PCOS.... Is there not one method to cure PCOS..

Thanks,
Jenny
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am 22 years old and suffering from PCOS as well. I just spoke with my doctor on friday who basically told me that there is not one cure for this. There are drugs that can help sensitize your body to different symptoms that you may have (Im insulin resistant which is part of PCOS in my case but I am not diabetic). My doctor said that each doc will have their own way of helping treat you but will not be able to cure you and he said that doctors don't know how far PCOS will affect you until you start trying to have children. Some people there is no issue, others will have problems and there are avenues that docs will take at that point.
To increase female hormones being on the pill or progesterone is supposed to be effective in balancing that out. I start Yasmin ( a birth control pill) tomorrow...I'm hoping it will help with things.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
12940884 tn?1478151571
Blank
Belle313, pb95, KTowne, and KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
4 hrs ago
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 03
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
KTowne commented on photo
Dec 02
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals