PCOs with long and heavy bleeding
I am 26 years old suffering from pcos and long and heavy bleeding with blood clots. I have also learnt that PCOS is caused when females have more male hormones in the blood and less female horomones. I wanted to ask is there a medicine or drug or therapy that can increase female horomones in the Women suffering from PCOS.... Is there not one method to cure PCOS..

Thanks,
Jenny
I am 22 years old and suffering from PCOS as well. I just spoke with my doctor on friday who basically told me that there is not one cure for this. There are drugs that can help sensitize your body to different symptoms that you may have (Im insulin resistant which is part of PCOS in my case but I am not diabetic). My doctor said that each doc will have their own way of helping treat you but will not be able to cure you and he said that doctors don't know how far PCOS will affect you until you start trying to have children. Some people there is no issue, others will have problems and there are avenues that docs will take at that point.
To increase female hormones being on the pill or progesterone is supposed to be effective in balancing that out. I start Yasmin ( a birth control pill) tomorrow...I'm hoping it will help with things.