PID (pelvic inflammatory disease)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

PID (pelvic inflammatory disease)

Has anyone in this forum ever been diagnosed with this disease? What were the symptoms that you experienced and how long did you experience them before you went to the doctor and got treatment?
Hi, I was actualy just getting ready to post about PID before I read this. I had a D&C Wed and the pain has just been getting worse. I went to the Dr. because the pain was too much to handle even with pain meds and the Dr. said that I have PID. He put me on 2 different antibiotics and some stronger pain meds.
The past 2 or 3 days I have been very crampy around my lower belly, the left side right over my ovary it feels like a knife sticking in me, and right in the middle I have a very bad sharp burning feeling. And I have a hard dull ache in my thighs and lower back. After the D&C I just started to get worse and worse. I don't know if you have ever been in labor, but that is what I'm feeling right now. It hurts to move at all! What kind of symptoms are you having? Have you been diagnosed? The Dr. told me that this is from the D&C I had. I don't know much about PID, I still need to do some research about it. Hope you are not feeling the pain I am. Let me know how you are doing!
I am having some pain on my lower left side.  Yes I have been in labor approx. 4 years ago and this is not to the point of the labor pains that I had.  I have not been diagnosed, I just happened to come across info. on PID that listed some of the symptoms that I have had.  I don't know much about it and I am not even sure that what I am feeling is assoc. with it.  I will be starting my period probably next week, but this is nothing that I have felt right before starting my period.  I am going to give it several days and if not better I will have my Dr. take a look.  Keep me updated on your recovery and I will keep you in my prayers!
Here are a list of symptoms associated with PID:

*Lower abdominal pain
*fever
*Unusual vaginal discharge that MAY have bad odor
*Painful intercourse
*Painful urination
*Irregular menstural bleeding
*(Although rare, upper right abdominal pain)

*Alot of these symptoms can mimic other infections as well*

PID can result b/c of untreated ghonnorea and chlamydia.  However, women who douche, have an iud inserted, or a prior case of PID are also at risk.
I've had PID a few times in the past and none of the causes were sexually related. The symptoms I had were: Severe pain in my pelvis; mostly on the right side, but all over.

Everything in that area was very tender to the touch. Fever, Nausea and Vomiting. Weight Loss, Fatigue, Vaginal Discharge(sometimes thick and white other times thick and yellowish), Headaches, Dizziness, Loss of Appetite, and Vaginal Pain. Pain in my lower abdomen on both sides, but mainly my right side.

The doctors thought at first that I had appendicitis, but soon discovered that it wasn't what was causing my pain. My cases were pretty serious and I ended up in the hospital each time I had it, so you may not experience a lot of these symptoms.

I usually get silent PID, that lingers in my pelvic region and slowly builds up infection, until it is out of control. So I never know I have it until it is raging with infection down there.

I have had reoccuring PID. I got PID after giving birth to my daughter and i kept getting it my symptoms started out as like heavy periods for a long time after i had my daughter then outrageous pelvic pain all across my abdomen but the sharp pain was on my right side and then i had fever and had horrible back pain in my upper back. i did not have an sti and thats not the only way you can get it i know almost every forum says thats how you get it but thats not the only way. I am still fighting off PID today. If you have an assumption you have it go to the doctor it is serious i am basically infertile because after you have it once  its easier to keep getting it. I ended up having a cyst the size of a cantolope removed from my ovary which PID cause and now scarring in my tubes, hopes this helps
Well Women who have symptoms of PID most commonly have lower abdominal pain. Other signs and symptoms include fever, unusual vaginal discharge that may have a foul odor, painful intercourse, painful urination, irregular menstrual bleeding, and pain in the right upper abdomen (rare).
It can be cured radically by this pill-Fuyan pill.It just takes a few months.The characteristics of "Fuyan Pill" are the powerful germicidal ability and capacity of clearing away heat and toxic material. Actually, "Fuyan Pill" can kill different kinds of bacteria, viruses and pathogens, then can achieve curative effects of clearing away heat and toxic material, purging intense heat, killing bacteria and diminishing inflammation drastically.