PINWORMS :|

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

PINWORMS :|

Ok, Iv had pin worm sence i was like 7years old and im now 17 and i still have it, i didnt do anything about it when i was 7 because i was embarssed soo they have been with me for 10 years could i be majorly infected with these buggers because they just dont want to go!
how can i STOP it, i took medicine (pinworm) and now its back, thank you

im posting on here because i dont know what else there is for this :) thank you
This could be a serious problem. Any infection left untreated has the potential to seriously damage your immune system, the consequences for this can be broad and may become potentially life threatening. Over the counter pinworm teatment won't help you. I is not strong enough to cure your infection, thus the bug has come back even stronger. Now they are resistant to that medication. You must seek medical help. If you are without insurance, go to a free clinic. The longer you wait, the hard it will be to treat, possibly even with treatment, this infection has already caused permant damage.
ye i understand! like i took another does of pinworm med and its gone for the part but if it does come back i will thank you!! also what might it do to my immune system because iv noticed i bruise sooo easily!
I'm only 12 and i hab pinworms i told my mom but she didnt belive me and now i don't know what to do i'm really scared and i had this for a few months plz help!
Medical Tape did it for me...well, it appears to be working thus far...
I had it for months, tried different medicines, tried different diets, disinfected myself and my house constantly until I felt I was going insane.  I finally read somewhere that they come out to lay eggs because they need oxygen...and it got me thinking.  OXYGEN!  They can go days without food, and are resistant to medication, and are retroinfecting me, but they can't reporduce without access to AIR!  So, I found the perfect medical tape - not too sticky, very flexible, and thick enough they couldn't possibly get through.  At first, I wore it for a few days (replacing every time I used the washroom of course), then only evenings and overnight.  Being a woman, I'm already used to pads, tampons, etc., so a little piece of tape was no problem - I didn't even notice it.  I finally feel worm free!  And, if I even think I feel the slightest tickle, the tape goes back on.  I am sleeping peacefully and my mind finally feels at ease.  Hope this helps you too :)
U need 2 get 2 an Er or urgent care, or PCP for treatment, it only takes a single chewable pill to get rid of them tere is otc med. called Pin X or Weems single dose tastes like caramel, should clear it right up, it's more embarrasing then deadly and anyone can get them, rich, poor, thet are not choosy. U get them from ingesting an egg from school. outside pop.