PLEASE HELP 5 weeks vaginal bleeding and large blood clots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Well 5 weeks ago I started vaginal bleeding it was pouring out I had to change my tampons every 30 mins I thought I was having a miscarriage so I went to the ER only to be told its just a bad period take birthcontrol it will lighten up. So I did as told he said take two at first them once a day and the bleeding got lighter but still continued everyday for the past 5 weeks. I went to the Dr they did an ultrasound and blood clotting and anemia test everything is fine. The past 4 days the bleeding is heavy again and huge clots bigger then silver dollars have been coming out and.no one seems to help I went back to the ER bc.I've been fatiged and light headed but he said everything came back fine. I'm so lost and scarred and I have no idea what it could be and what to do please help!!!!

I went to the ER two times and the my primary dr 3 times. They put in a gyno consult but it takes forever to get in my appointment isnt for 2 more weeks. The 2nd time I went to the er they did put me on naproxen but all in all he said all the test he did came back normal so there is nothing he could do. but yet I am still bleeding still passing clots and feeling all around awful! I have 2 young children to take care of and a husband in the service and would just like some answers or some compassion or concern from the drs.