PMS/ Urinary Tract Infection. Common to happen at the same time?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hey everyone!

Okay so last month 2 weeks before my period I was having urinary problems. Kept going to the bathroom often, and sometimes little or no urine came out. It then was foamy, cloudy and a little foul smelling as well. Even if I didn't have to go..I had the sensation to. I then got my period and during that whole time I felt perfectly fine. I had no urinary problems whatsoever. A couple days after I was done, the problems came back again so I went to see my doctor. She told me I had an infection, and she prescribed me 6 pills, twice a day for three days. Now a week or so before im about to get my period I'm feeling the same urinary/sensation problems along with the urine being cloudy again. Is there somehow a link between the a UTI and PMS? Is it normal to constantly feel this right before your period starts? Were the amount of pills not enough? I have no idea what to do. I don't want to see my doctor again as I worked for her for a day and completely lost all respect for her because was completely unprofessional and rude, so I really don't know what to do.

Also, when pmsing is it normal to get a rapid heart rate? I did this morning and was completely antsy and anxious for an hour or so.

Thanks for reading this everyone! Hope to get some replies soon. :)
What kind of infection did she say you had?  A UTI?  If the medicine isn't working you need to see her again.  You need to rule out stds.
All she said was that I had a bladder infection.

Nah I don't have STD's as I am still a virgin.