WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
PRIVATE AREA BUMPS
by sissie45, Oct 12, 2007
I HAVE HAD THESE BUMPS THAT COME UP OFTEN FOR ABOUT A YEAR OFF AND ON AROUND MY PRIVATE AREA. THE ARE NOT ON IT BUT AROUND THE AREA THAT THE SIDES OF MY PANTIES RUB.THE ITCH SOMETIMES AND THEY ARE HARD AND I CAN POP SOME OF THEM WHEN THEY GET AHEAD ON THEM AND WHITE PUSS COMES OUT. THEY ALSO GET REAL TENDER AND SOUR. THEY WIL GO AWAY AFTER AWHILE MWYBE A WEEK OR SO BUT THEY ALWAYS COME BACK TO THE SAME AREA . WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS. I CANT FIGURE IT OUT. I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE INGROWN HAIRS FORM ME SHAVING AND I STOPPED SHAVING FOR LIKE A MONTH (THATS WAS AWFUL) BUT I DID IT AND THEY SOME STILL CAME UP AND ASLO STARTED PUTTING HEATED WASHCLOTHES ON THEM AND DID IT 20 MINUTES EACH TIME IT HELPED THEM GET THE HEAD ON THEM TO BE ABLR TO POP BUT THEY ARE STILL COMING BACK. PLEASE HELP ME. IVE LOOKED AT PICTURES OF HERPIES AND SYPHILLIS AND IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THAT AND DOESNT SOUND LIKE IT IETHER.
THANKS
Member Comments (15)
by Miss_Ashlee_, Oct 12, 2007
It could be genital warts. Did you go to your doctor and ask their oppion. thats the only way to be sure.
by ccstar, Oct 12, 2007
i know exactly what you're talking about. i have those also. i can't figure it out either so if you find out please let me know.
by tandria03, Oct 12, 2007
Also have you tried changing your laundry detergent to one that is free of dyes and perfumes?  Sometimes the reaction of sweat and chafing with a detergent can cause a rash.  But I agree, go to the doctor to get them check out.  If it is an STD, you don't want to leave it go.  
by kyliecat, Oct 12, 2007
You can still get ingrown hairs if you do not shave. If your thighs rub together or if your panties rub against them...a variety of things. It's a very sensitive area down there so many things can cause irritation which can lead to ingrown hair and/or chafing. I would definitely get it checked out but it sounds to me like irritation. I tend to get bumps right on my panty line on my inner things from sweating and my thighs rubbing together.

If it's not an STD, there are a few things that will help. Making sure you wear non irritating panties always help of course but for the bumps themselves you can use diaper rash cream or there is also a gel/cream that is made specifically for chafing. I know it sounds goofy about the diaper rash cream but it really does work! Or a little bit of Neosporin as long as it's not too close to your genitals.

I'm not an MD nor do I have any medical background, this is based on my personal experience.
by sissie45, Oct 15, 2007
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. AND ILL GET IT CHECKED OUT AND LET YOU ALL KNOW

HAVE A GREAT DAY

by emeliz, Oct 17, 2007
it could be acne down there as funny as it sounds because that use to happen to me lot  and the doctor said it was 4rm shaving and just plain old acne and they r big lol tha
ts the worst part of it so u right awy think herpes but i have heard herpes is an unbearable pain jus tget it checked out
by sissie45, Dec 13, 2007
i went to the doctor last week and i am so happy that i did. they told me that the bumps are from shaving b/c they are right in that area and to stop shaving. that i was irratating my skin and that was causing the bumps. she said that i should trim and not shave . and after a while that the area would heal on its own. not sure about the reasons why im having so many yeast infections but i hope that they will also stop soon and if not ill go back to the the doctor b/c now that ive gone im okay with talking to her about anything. everyone please go see someone it will ease your mind. now i havent gotten my pap test results back and i still may have a bv or something but im okay with the results b/c she said that i diffently did not have a std or anything like it.

thanks for all the support being on this site helped me go to the doctor.
by sal874, Feb 29, 2008
iv recently found a couple of tiny bumps on my pereneum, they are not red, sore, have any discharge or cause pain when i urinate,  i have looked at loads of pictures of STI's and nothin is like what i have, i dont no what it is.  i sometimes feel like iv been cut after iv had sex and not sure if this is related,  help please
by readhairedcrazywoman, Apr 18, 2008
Sounds like they are probably boils. These can be caused by rubbing and are like pimples. Hot ( I mean as hot as you can stand) compresses can help. Avoid picking at them. If they are large you may need antibiotics. I use to get them after my periods and this is what my Dr. Told me to do . In any case it is probably a good idea to show them to your Dr.