Pain 3 months after D&C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pain 3 months after D&C

Hello. I've been looking everywhere for some help. The first week of November (2011) when I was 19 I got what I thought was my period, but it lasted two months. When I eventually could get in to see the doctor they discovered I had ovarian polyps and that was what was causing me to bleed (i was on the seasonique birth control for 2 years and i think that contributed to b grtting polyps.) So on December 23 I went in to have the D&C procedure done to remove the polyps. Everything was normal after the surgery, that day I had no more bleeding. But I just now started my menstrual cycle again, 3 months after the D&C. My question is I have severe vaginal pain when I insert a tampon, take one out and even when it is in, why is this? I'm sure I'm healed by now but it just concers me because of my past problem.  If someone could give me some insight it would be highly appreciated.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This condition is called dysmenorrheal. The secondary dysmenorrhea is due to pelvic inflammatory disease, fibroids, endometriosis (abnormality of lining of uterus), pelvic tumors, and intra uterine device (like copper-T) etc. You should consult gynecologist for internal examination and other test needed to detect it's cause.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.