Pain above left breast, left armpit and shoulder
Hi. Since April I have had pain above my left breast. It's not constantly there, but it comes and goes. Sometimes it feels like a burning pain, other times it feels like a cramp. I've also felt it in my armpit at times and it will also creep up over my shoulder. Although I VERY RARELY feel it on the right side, it DOES happen once in awhile. But for the most part it's been my left side. I've had all the heart tests, including stress echo, I've had an MRI of my brain and neck, I've had a breast exam. I've even seen a chiropractor. Every test they've done comes back normal. And nothing seems to help. I've tried aspri - doesn't work. I try massaging my breast and shoulders and that seems to help a tiny bit. Usually the pain is very dull...but one night I woke up in excruciating pain for about 10 seconds, then it went back to being dull. I'm 24, and I am being treated for Anxiety/Panic Disorder. My Psychiatrist does not think it's related. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas about what could be going on with me?!?!?!
I am 21 years old and have been experiencing the same thing.  Went to the Dr and got all the tests done (EKG, blood tests, etc).  They told me it may be anxiety related, and I am a hypochondriac so it would make sense.  It also could be something with hormones as some of you mentioned, i know my levels are always out of wack because I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and excess estrogen.  Not sure what it's ultimately from but it's good to know I'm not the only one worrying!
Hi i am 34 female, i have same problem, i have very sharp pains in my left side under arm pit breast and ribs under my left breast. I don't know what to do i went to see doc, they are going to call me and send me to mammagram, i am scared now, please help me say it's nothing too dangarous, Sorry for my english.
Hi there, I wish I knew what is wrong with me. Had cancer 12 yrs ago but it was on the otherside breast. Been in remission for 12 years and I don't even think of cancer anymore ... What I am afraid of now is being overweight that I could have a stroke or heart-attack. The dying part isn't the worst, its the having a stroke and I will be disabled. How do I know if I must rush off to Emergency? I wish somone would answer this question as we live 50 km away from help.
it happens wen i smoke pot and then get a little anxiety. it feel like stress going from just above your heart to your shoulder.
hi i am 23 years old for the past 2 years i ve experience a really bad pain on the left side of my arm and my ches and breast sometimes it interes with me not being able to breath because i think about like if something really serious is happening to me so i panic the pain starts to get worst and when i lay down  and relaX IT KIND OF GOES AWAY BUT THAN LATER IT COMES BACK THIS IS CONSTANTLY ITS LIKE SOME HABBIT THAT MY BODY HAVES BUT I AM HOPING THAT IS NOT A HEART DISEASE OR SOMETHING BECAUSE EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY HAVES SOME KIND OF ILLNESS.
Hi am 24 years old and I have been having pain in my left breast and upper arm for about 5-6 months. It started when I started the pill one day the pain was unbearable thats when the anxiety started I am a hypochondriac, everytime something goes wrong I think the worst.I visited the doctors 2 months ago and got a checkup the doctor said everything look find accept my blood pressure was higher then normal so she checked it again and it went down.Im concerned because high blood pressure runs in my family.Im wondering could it be from high blood pressure or anxiety am wondering because it worries me.I think that maybe it can be all the stress I put on myself from school and work.
I've been having pain in my right breast/back for 7 months on and off. went to Dr.twice and had breast ultrasound and came back normal.Dr.told me it just might be a pulled muscle,and sent me to physical therapy which is didn't really help. Is there anybody here has the same problem like mine? I'm only 24.
I have been having sharp pains in my left arm. It started last month right before I started my period.  It went away, but it is back again. My breast are tender and knotty a little more than usual. I worry that something is really wrong, but I did have an EKG, Xrays, and bloodwork done, and everything came back fine. I am rarely ever sick, but I just don't feel right. I feel a little light headed sometimes too. I am 26 years old, so I wonder if my body is just going through another change???
I have been having this pain for a week now.  I have been seriously stressed out but have been trying to ignore my problems and not be stressed... It hasn't helped. I have serious pains above my breast and am a little worried.  But it makes sense from all the other comments that it is stress related. I am 26 years old and have had chest pains before but that ended up being related to my digestion process near my heart. This is a different pain and it's awful.  I was worried it may be alcohol related? or could turn into something worse? Not sure whether to get checked out or not.
i'm having chest pain, back pain and left arm pain every day for the past two years.i've visited 10 doctors had all the exams and i was assured that everything is ok.but the pain is still here and that makes me feel bad i even make bad thoughts that i'm having heart attack.i'm 31 and this situation upset me, i dont know what do i try psychotherapy as i was told this is an anxiety disorder but unfortunately i feel the symptoms again. is anyone else with similar problems? i mean every time i feel a pain (chest or back or at the left arm)i'm terrified.
i have been on contraceptives for about 1yr now because i have pcos, my doctor told me my breast will be tender for the first 2-3 months but it has been a yr now and they still are, plus in my left breast there is a pain in it which leads down to my arm but whenever i am on my 7 day break it goes away and comes right back as soon as i start taking back the pill. I changed the pill and having the same problem
I had breast cancer in 1985 and before that uterine cancer in 1975, have had heart problems since 1978. Recently I have been having pain and lumps in left breast with pain radiating up into my shoulder and arm and is painful to pickup anything, nothing shows up in heart cath, however therte is something they are concerned about in left breast for past 3 yrs, have a chip in there, but mamo does'nt show it is cancer, neither did the mamo that I had in 1985.
I am a 33 years old female and have a pain under my left arm, also I feel there is a little ball. The pain goes from under my arm to my shoulder and back. Had a mammogram a year ago, doctor said that's just a lymph.
I noticed that I am having this pain and at the same time an anxiety about 10 days before my period is to start.  Please let me know if you notice the same thing.
I have exactly the same pain as you describe it Aruba. I am very thankful for any other comments regarding relief from this type of pain. I also have quite a stressful life style, so some type of muscle tension would not surprise me at all.
I am 23 year old female and haveing same problems and also suffer from anxiety attacks.....i have pain in left breast, arm pit, in neck and sometimes in hand and outer arm.....i have had EKG, blood test, CT Scan which came back normal.....its a little comforting to hear that other hace same issue.......from AJ
Some of you may want to ask your docs if you might have sarcoidosis. It is a condition that can come on suddenly and is basically inflamed cells that form little clumps. These clumps can settle anywhere in the body and can cause random pains, such as in the lymph nodes under the armpits. Another symptom can be trouble with breathing because the clumps can form in the lungs as well. The good news - sarc sometimes goes away on it's own. There are meds that can help relieve the symptoms as well.
I experience the same thing. Left arm, under the arm, around the left side around my ribs and seems like the glands are swollen under my arms. I also have been cheked out many times in emerg and sent home o.k.
My Doctor did say though, she thinks it is anxiety. Always a scare though, as I have arhythmia.
I just thank The Lord for each day!
listen people....all of you are having anxiety. most of you are hypochondriacs which make it worse because u worry about the slightest ache or pain. i know because i'm the same way. and have been doing this for two years. googling this answer made me realize how ridiculous we all sound. so get off the computer. stop looking things up( i know it's addicting, but just don't do it). stop being lazy and get outside, get some exercise, play with you animals, eat healthy, and exercise your brain (reading , writing, painting, meditating etc.) everything is ok. this will be the last time i google something. good luck to everyone else and don't worry you are all young healthy people. there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you! peace
I also have polycystic ovaries. they were causing extreme pain and excessive stress. pollops rupturing and sick all the time. dr's tried medicine. naturally they did not work. but I started researching and found that aerobic exercise is the best way to bring the condition under control. I have lost weight and have not had a rupture now in over 2 years. I love leslie sansone, walk away the pounds. awesome way to do practical aerobics without half killing yourself doing it. I hope this helps you and reduces stress, it did for me

I'm 25yrs now and was born with a birth defect (hole in the heart/VSD)
Funny thing is that it has never affected me the way it has others with my similar problem, but when I was 18 I almost had a heart attack and my doctor thought it was time I had the surgery done to repair my problem.
But to this day I still experience exactly what most of you experience and have not been able to find a solution besides really strong pain killers. These pains really don't seem to be heart related.
One doctor did tell me that when I'm stressed that also brings on the pains we experience. Its the lactic acid attacking our muscles or something like that. I have done numerous ECG's and Chest X-rays, but my heart is okay. My current doctor thinks it may be some sort of infection that causes fluid around my heart which may be the problem, so I have to take another test (Echo-cardiogram) soon. I will let you know if that helps identify anything.
Stay strong, we all can't be suffering from a mystery disease.
I've had this problem since I was in an accident in my mid teens. IN this accident, I tensed my left arm to lock the young girl in place who was sitting beside me so she wouldn't get hurt. A couple weeks later I started having these symptoms and about a month later it got to the point where it was painful to use my left arm, I could barely move it! I went to a natural doctor/massage therapist and come to find out, if I would have waited any longer I was very close to losing use of my arm. When I tensed to hold the girl in place, I in a way 'locked' the inner muscle in the armpit that goes under the breast. Doing this cut off all circulation to my arm. After a VERY painful inner muscular massage, I could actually start feeling the blood flow in my arm again! It was bizarre! Within a week my arm was back like nothing had happened. However there isn't a permanent fix for it. After I get it massaged, I'm usually good for several months, more if I can manage to not strain it or have little stress in my life! HAHA I know when it starts to act up again, first symptoms..the pain in my armpit and breast and side of neck, not really pain but a weird numbing tingling shooting feeling. If I don't get it massaged within a few weeks it effects my whole arm. It won't get better if you just ignore it, only worse. So my advice, if you have gone to your doctor and get an A+ on all the tests, gallbladder, etc..would be to see a good natural doctor/massage therapist. There is a less painful method but I've found it doesn't last as long before I need to treat it again. Find a good natural doctor/massage, make sure you aren't seeing a quack!
im 17 and i have been having sharp pains in my left arm between my wrist and elbow, in the back of my left shoulder and also above my left breast. it started happening about a year ago and it only last for a couple hours to a day. im not sure what the problem is. i also get shortness of breath when this happens and it sometimes hurts to take a breath
I have a burning, achy stabbing pain in my left shoulder and chest that usually comes with eating greasy foods and caffeine. I had my gall bladder removed and that got rid of some of the chest/stomach pain. Today it was pressure from a belt and bra that did it. Such immense pain. It felt like death.  Stabbing and burning all over. I usually just loosen up my clothes and take a Protonix, and that takes care of it within the hour. Still hurts like a mf, and I have a high pain tolerance (4 root canals with no novacaine).
I forgot to mention that I also have issues with breathing, dizziness and feel extremely dehydrated during these episodes as well. I also sometimes feel like I'm going to pass out.
When I was in high school, it started with a debilitating pain that felt like a machete constantly stabbing me. I was diagnosed with acid reflux, but the treatment never worked. In college, they thought it was a blood clot in my lung. That turned out negative. Then a few years ago, it was the left shoulder and abdominal pain which was treated with a gall bladder removal. Still some occasional pain, but not as frequently as before. Could be due to the improved diet.
But the pain is definitely brought on by unhealthy foods and tight waistbands and bras.
IVE HAD A PAIN IN MY CHEST FOR NEARLY A YEAR IT GOES TO MY LEFT BREAST & MY BACK SOMETIMES HURTS MY ARM & BECAUSE ITS ON MY LEFT I GET FRIGHTENED BUT IVE TRYED ALL KINDS OF PAINKILLERS & STULL NOTHING TOOK THE PAIN AWAY I ALSO HAVE A PAIN IN MY SHOULDER EVERYTIME I SHRUG MY SHOULDER IT CRACKS IM FED UP WITH IT AND JUST DONT KNOW WOT DO DO ANYMORE AS IVE HAD SOME TESTS & THERE SAYING IM FINE .
i i getting a pain in my shoulder and breast at the start of the year 211 i was told by my gp it was because i had been on walking sticks due to a broken leg and had been putting more presure on the left hand side. i have lost count how many times i have seen my doctor this year onley to be told its muscler  this morning got up pain in arm breast and shoulder feeling sick fed up by it all.    what is the answer  this surely can not be my life now its taken over pain killers dont always workl          
this is called slip disc from your lower back or it is  tear muscle  u coud be parlalised people shout at ur doctors tell them or pay in  in bupa come on move it people doctors dont like to spend money on u its slip disc  any age group could happen to any one  DO NOT LEAVE IT FOR TO LONG O.K MOVE IT AND IT IS EFFECTING UR LOWER BACK FOR LONG RUN take care
I am 47 and I too have the symptoms of a dull numbing pain/sensation on the side of my left breast, left arm, left shoulder blade area and even into the arm pit and shoulder.  I have been to the emergency room 5 times in a 6 month period. I was even admitted once when I had gone by ambulance. They tested my heart and found nothing. I too have anxiety and I take Lexapro and Ativan for it.  I'm beginning to believe they really are connected.
I just went to my doctor the other day. I have had pain  in  my shoulder hearing it "pop" pain down my left arm, rubbing it hoping it would help... nothing, pain in that arm pit, I cant raise it now to wash my hair.
So he gave me a shot, and did blood work. Now it hurts from the needle and what ever is the problem. He said it would be better in two weeks. I am full of arthritis, he thinks this is more. But after reading all of every one's posts... I dont know. I am seeing my neurologist this week, I am telling him what is going on. I have been this way for 4 months... major major pain. I am so sorry for everyone.
Pam
The top of my left breast hurts as soon as i take off my bra. its a sharp pain and only in one breast. the pain goes away when i wear a bra but in the shower it causes alot of pain. any suggestions on what this can be?
Hello my name is Lisha. For past 2 months or so i have been having really bad breast pain. When i sleep i were a bra and through out my day i don't have large breat bt advarage 34b. But in the past few months i have increased a bra sive. I was on birth control depo for a year no complications besides weight gain lol. I received my last shot December of 2010. When i returned back for i next scduled shot Febuary 2011 i decided i wanted changed my bc do to the side effects of depo if your on it over 2 years. I was given the pill i was told not to began taken until my next mentral which still hasn't came i am engaged we have a pretty steady sex life minus protection. I had light spoting that lasted a day in April 2011 i took it that i was getting ready to start my period and began taken my birth control. With missing days and foregetting to take it i decided to just stop taken it altogether that was last month April 2011 it is now May 8 2011 still no period in 3 months in a week. I also sometimes get sharp pains in my sides it feels like its under my rib cage idk what's going on any opioions or sujestions would help thanks
I'm 31 years old and for the last two years I've also been experiencing a fluttering sensation or muscle spasm in my upper left portion of my chest. I wake up sometimes in the night and can feel it spasming. I too have anxiety extremely bad and take Ativan and Lexapro. What's crazy is waking up from this spasm causes the Anxiety because I think something is going on w/my heart....or a million other things race through my mind.
Then the next day I'm extremely exhausted and my chest and left arm is soar. This process repeats itself daily. I know the doctors are just going to tell my I'm fine and it's just anxiety but how do we get help to feel comfortable.? Or convince ourselves we're ok.
Ive been having pain in my left breast area and under my left arm for years,Ive been to the ER multiple times and my ekg always comes back normal Sometimes the pain in worse and shoots down my left side.I too have anxiety Im on celexa and often have anxiety attacks,I wonder if everyone is right and the pain is anxiety related.
I had a similar pain, at one point I could not even breathe out the pain was so sore. I found that if I pressed my finger tips in my underarm and started to 'walk' around either my left or right underam or in the middle of my chest(under either breast towards the middle of the chest) just where your bra cup sits , I would find a point that was extremely painful to touch but if I perservered with pressing as hard as i could  alternating pressure with each finger,that it would ease the pain in my shoulder blades etc You should only do it for a short time then leave it and go back after 10mins or so, if you have worked the area that relates to the pain in your arm, back etc, when you go back to the spot that hurt it will no longer be sore. You might find you have more than one sore spot and need to work them aswell. I have told other friends and it worked for them also
Wow-this is crazy how so many people have the same condition that I thought I was the only one who had it!  Recently I broke three of my ribs in my lower back and now I am suffering from this pain and it seems like I cannot pinpoint where it is coming from and it is only on my left side. I do suffer from severe panic attacks but I really do not think this has to do with anxiety! the pain shoots down my arm, its in my shoulder and feels like its in my chest and under my armpit.  It's the weirdest thing.  I was scared it was my heart at first because I smoke and even though I am only 26 you never know what can happen.  I do not even want to go to the doctor because it took them 6 months to find out that I had broken ribs! QAll that had to be done was an xray and it took another doctor to do that and not my primary doctor.  I am just really nercous that it was my heart or something around there.  It seems like everyone else on here suffers from the same problem so my mind is a little at ease.  
I post chest pain on October 31 and Nov. 6, 2010.   After that I started suspecting my postures even though most poeple think I have a good posture.  What made me look into my posture was becasue my headache was getting frequent, almost once a week and accompanied with nausea lasting about 1-3 days.  I thought I might have brain tumors but CT scan result was normal.  Ater I ate chocolates or cheeses, I would pay very high price - not weight gain but terrible headaches.  I thought may be I have pancrea problems.  I went to Internal Medicine.  I was told that I have migraines.  Headache = Migraine, no brainer.  I am not looking for merely diagnosis or pain killers.  I want to know what I did to cause it and I want to change to eliminate it.  I refused to take pain killers becasue I was not looking for treating symptons only.  My body was telling me something was wrong with me.  The headaches are the wasy my body communicates with me.  

Sometimes, I felt one of my kidneys or lower back were not right.  I also had kidney funcation tested and result was normal.  I did some researches and learned that the test will show kidney problem if kidney is 40% or more failure.  So, I thanked that my kidney had not been 40% failure yet even though I know it's not 100% healthy.

In late January 2011, a day after buring midnight oil and only slept for about 3 hours, I had a sever headache, then short of breath and chest tighten and chest pain.  I went to emergency room, examed blood pressure, chest x-ray, and EKG, and everything come out normal.  My body went through the hell but all instruemnt panels showed nothing wrong with me!!

Since I have been suspecting my posture causing health problem, I went to see a chiropractor.  She took an x-ray on me.  My neck line was straight (supposed to be curved) looking from the side, and spine was S shape, top leaning one side, the bottom leaning toward opposite side.  When I saw a diagram shows different section of spine connects to nerves and organs, it was a light bulb moment to me.  I understood why I have frequent headaches, short of breath, chest pain and lower back pain.  

I see my chiropractor 3 times a week now.  I have to under go 6 months of treatemnt.    I don't have frequent headaches or short of breath any more.  My chiropractor believe in holistic approach which totally matches my way of treating health.  

I hope my experience help those who likes to look at their health issues in a natural, drugless, nonsurgical health treatments, relying on the body's inherent recuperative abilities.  

Live well!
I'm getting the same pain in my upper arm and on my breast. I'm 18 and I'm freaking out. I don't have money to get scans and go to the doctor and get checked out. I sometimes get it on my right side to. A personal trainer and she said I could have torn my pectoral muscle which is under the arm, goes up the shoulder and most of the chest. And said to put a heat pack on it to get rid of the trauma. I hope this helps :) but its good to know that other people are having this problem to.
I have this problem; 25 year old male. I can handle a lot of things, I kinda have to to have made it this far. But this is really different.

I get the same pains, same places. I know i lean on my left should a *lot.* But then, I have a mitral valve prolapse that triggers (for a meaningful amount of time anyway) from high stress. In addition I have this very bizarre disorder, where i cant really feel physical sensations except by the pain they cause. (Every sort of contact in any way causes huge amounts of pain.) This seems to extend inside as well.

So, heres what happens. I start thinking "Im glad im not panicing. I knew id be okay today..." "im feeling a bit sick i should probably..." and you all know that drill. But then, i get nervous and sick, and that kicks my prolapse into expressing pain. The pain is harmless, but it hurts inside my heart (unpleasant.) But its also amplified by my previous condition. That makes it even worse, which makes me terrified and dizzy. really dizzy. the lightheadedness "confirms" my fear (that of a heart problem.) and I crash hard...

This leads to me over exerting my arm, chest, neck, and all that to the point that they are very hurty. Then that is amplified by the sensory condition above. Which makes me terrified.

Which circle of hell was this supposed to be again? It keeps slippng my mind for some reason. Oh and just so im clear: No, there has never once been any evidence to support my feelings, which have lasted over a year of daily panicing (three times today.)

So, you know. Bah.
For 5 years now I have experianced the same symptoms, along with occasional leg muscle pain, and inability to sleep at night, due to shortness of breath. Most nights I have to sit up to sleep.  I feel that I have tried everything, multiple specialists, even out of the country, and another cit in my state. Weird thing though, another woman I know has exact same symptoms, we both are mom's to 5 children. Maybe means nothing, but I never was sick like this until my last child was born, only other thing that stands out is removal of my right ovary and fallopian tubes in 1990. Can all of this be related? I know that I am not crazy, I don't think it's anxiety either, I know my body!! Can anyone relate? This is so scary, and I'm sick of crying. I want to live.
I have the same problem I have had left arm pain it radiates to my arm...its not that painful but it feels like electricity is running through my fingers as if i hit my funny bone...I also have pain behind the ribs right under my shoulder blade...and its causing me all kinds of anxiety and panic attacks, But I wanted to see if any of you guys have jaw problems too? like tmj
hi , i m facing same problem from last 1 and half year, all basic test found nthing ,even my docter said there is noting serious , but ur approch to look at such problem shows me some ways to analize my problem also.
Hi there! Just to share, I am also experiencing the same pain in my left breast for two weeks now. I already consulted the doctor last week and she advised me to undergo a Breast Ultrasound on the 5th day of my menstrual cycle (so that would be on Friday, June 24). I am not sure what triggered this pain, but I think this may be caused by my weekly weight lifting exercise (but only 3 kilos on both side of the arms).
Very interesting article from Harvard Medical School. Please, take a moment to read a scientific explanation of your pain and you may even find an effective treatment for it: http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/the-pain-anxiety-depression-connection
I'm actually considering cognitive behavioural therapy.
Good luck from another arm/shoulder/chest pain sufferer.
I'm am having the same problems as all you except mine started by my left shoulder, first two days it was in the shoulder and is now under the left arm and upper left breast. I have been to the doctors for gastro issues but no diagnosis yet as to what is exactly causing those issues. The pain is there 95 percent of the time, sometimes a dull ache and other times sharp pains. I have not lifted anything abnormal. Started to really worry. The pain is keeping me from sleeping at night. Someone please help.
My Wife suffers from the same Left Side Pain. I suspect it to be caused by the Antiperspirant / Deodrant.

I have asked her to stop using it 100% and see if there is an improvement.

Can anyone else relate to this explanation.
I have also starting experiencing this pain in my left breast and shoulder for the past 4 weeks or so, plus dizzyness and nausea.    The pain tends to be exaggerated when i bend over or lift my left arm.  I can't even determine exactly where the pain is coming from and it is terribly frustrating and worrying. My posture is all out, I had an xray a few months ago which showed i have muscle spasms in my neck and im finding it is getting worse and my body seizes up if i sit down to long and im only 29!! I am also overweight.   Like above, i also suffer from anxiety attacks and am medicated with mirtazipine and clonazpam for it when needed but i am under a fair bit of stress at the moment as we are moving overseas next week and my childrens father is dragging me through court so i do know that i am more stressed that usual.  I have a doc appt tomorrow and i am absolutely terrified.  Is there anyone out there just like me who i can talk to??????? what if this is a clot or my lungs!!!! I know my anxiety and paranoia take over but i just can't shake the feeling that something is very wrong with me.
I'm 25, and for a few weeks now, I've been feeling a searing/dull pain above my right breast but closer to my right armpit. I don't have a clue how it started. I was thinking for the longest that I may have pulled a muscle or something at work. (I work at Walmart, I lift alot of boxes and that kinda thing alot.) So I got to thinking maybe thats it, and it'll go away in a few days and/or maybe a week depending on it I guess. But no its still there.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone found out what this could be.
I forgot to mention that if I twist my upper body just right like when you're stretching, it pops. The first I did it, it was like a mini-sized gun going off. It felt alot better, but within a few mintues later the pain came back again, it was no better then. :(
My name is clare,im 21 and i to suffer from sharp and dull pains down my left arm above my left breast and shoulder but my fingers also start to tingle and my hand and fingers go numb,does anyone know what this could be
hi my name is lynn and im having the same pains ,under armpit arm and chest and back im 41 ,had a swollen lymth nodes under arm a year ago and had a biopsy and mamogram , came back normal , now the swollen lymth is swlloen and tender and iv got left side pain and a stabbing feeling on my back near my shoulder blade ,i also sleep with my arm streched under my pillow but dont know if thats why im aching x
Hello I also have this problem and unfortunately wish I had an answer. I do know that a year and half ago I used to wake up and feel like I couldn't breath. I assumed i was having panix attacks. Shortly after I began to notice a chest tightness/pain when I would run for more than 20 min. My doctor did the stress test for my heart and everything came back healthy. He let me try an inhaler and that has solved the running problem. Does anyone else with this issue also have to use an inhaler. I definitely think I have anxiety issues as well but am thinking all three of these might be connected. Just a guess!
I obviously finding this post have been having the same issue ... I've had ekgs etc done and was also diagnosed with anxiety disorder and my anxiety has been bad recently .. I tend to go thru spurts of it bothering me. I think it may be due to muscle tension / muscle guarding because I always tend to catch myself with my shoulders tensed up. And ever since I've been dealing with anxiety, when I quit smoking in March 2008, my fears are mostly based on thinking something is wrong with me medically.  Ugh this anxiety crud is for the dang birds!
It sounds like everyone here has done the same thing I've done - gone to the ER, had every test (blood and otherwise) in the world done only to find out that you're healthy as a horse with one exception: panic/anxiety attack.
I had a really bad scare - was on EKG, had a CAT Scan, X-rays, blood work, oxygen therapy, etc. and it all turned out fine. My heart rate was high at the time of admission as was my blood pressure (hypertension). God it was awful and I thought for sure something was terribly wrong. This wasn't the only time I've been in the hospital for this crap and the bottom line is always the same: Panic/Anxiety attacks which has now turned into a disorder (this is different from being a hypochondriac. With disorder you're merely afraid of having another attack). The other night I started Lexapro which sent me into a HUGE panic attack -sweating, chest pain, dizziness; the whole nine yards. After about twenty minutes, it went away. Now I'm afraid to continue with the Lexapro because I'm afraid that's what sent me into that attack and I don't want to feel that way again. Panic disorder is an extremely debilitating illness but through patience and hard work, I do believe that we can get through it. Breathing techniques, meditation, exercise .. things that cause us to think of other things rather than focusing on what "could" happen definitely will help make a difference. I wish everyone luck. I know your pain. Literally.
I'm 50. Yes the big five-oh and I've been having these same pains all of my adult life!!  Yes, if all else comes back negative it is our maximum stress signal you might say.  :)

You're stuffing.  You're suppressing.  You're not laughing enough.  You're need to pooh and relax.  Pooh and pray.  Pooh-pooh... but PLEEZ relax.  Now considering I'm talking to who I'm talking to I know that's hard for us.  Do you work too much?  Talk too much?  Worry too much?  If you do not work outside the home do you "piddle" too much?  You know what I'm talking about.... fidget, can't sit still until you're getting into some mischief?  Quit procrastinating!!  Gotcha!  Thought I didn't know ya, huh? ;)  

Anyway, find a way to let yourself off the hook.  Don't isolate.  Talk with friends.  Reach out and love someone.  Hope this helps.  

BTW, my left arm hurts now... going through very busy time with our business, marriage, teenagers football schedule, color guard schedule, drama schedule, homework, employees, dogs, cats, family etc.... just life.... I need Jesus... can't do it alone.  Chow.

Hello all. I'm a 38 yr old female and I'm pretty much experiencing the same issue. For about 5 months now I've been experiencing a muscle pulling feeling above my left breast on the chest. It comes and goes but it's not everyday that I feel it and sometimes I don't feel it for weeks, maybe a month. I've was admitted in the hospital in April for 2 days. I was on a 24 hour heart monitor, had and EKG and also a cardiogram and spoke with the head of cardiology and was told my heart was just fine, and that my muscle tension was due to anxiety. I quite often get *panic attacks* for no reason at all, but I refuse to take meds, because I don't want to live like a zombie. I also have a bad case of GERD and refuse to take meds *but simple seltzer water helps with GERD* if you want to cheat and eat something crappy. Overall if you eat healthy, GERD flareups doesn't come often. Between the GERD feeling and I tend to worry a lot about small simple things that bring on unecessary stress I start to feel the muscle pulling above my right breast. Case scenerio: me and my bf moved into a new apt march 2011 and all was ok until I had a bad flare up of GERD and was in the ER. I didnt take meds so I suffered. A few days later I started feeling the muclse pulling because I was panicking. After I got the GERD under control the muscle pulling went away unless I would panic I'd feel it.Then my bf and I had a fire in the bdg and had to move and the pain came back again. Since the fire in July 2011, i havent felt the muscle tension over my left breast until about a week ago i got some bad news from my boss that his daughters mother had died of a heart attack. it freaked me out and has had me nervous and panicking ever since thinking im going to have one. *again i tend to worry about stuff that doesnt even concern me and causes extra stress on myself* when i forget about the stuff it goes away. im no dr, but to all whos been to the dr and have been tested and all was normal most likely your pains are due to stress, anxiety and gerd. to all who hasnt been to the dr need to go and find out from a professional what the problem is because these are just forums, of others symptoms and we are not drs. it could be something much worse than what you are reading. me myself, im going back to another dr for a second opinion because i hate this feeling. too all good luck and i wish you all the best...
Hello ladies.
I am 21, Just turned 21 this year and I am having the same symptoms. I get a dull pain in my left shoulder/heart. This just recently started happening and has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I am big on herbs and natural cures, So i will consult myherb doctor today and find out what her oppinion is because doctors tend to be a little overratted sometimes. This woman has cured cancers and a million other diseases with natural remedies. I will keep everyone posted on her feedback. But I have to agree that it has to do with anxiety and hormonal inblanaces. Reason being, I have always suffered from anxiety and panick attacks. I have herbs i can take when i feel one coming on and it will make it go away within a matter of seconds. I am also on some herbs to help regulate my estrogen levels. If everyone on here has anxiety issues, and are women, chances are the two of these combined are making our boddies react in this same way. The body works in the weirdest and most profound ways. I will give you ladies feedback and any help advice i can get once I talk to my Herb doctor.
Hello Once again ladies,
OK i consulted my herb doctor on my lunch break like i said i would do in the paragraph right above this one describing my questions and worries of my own personal issues, this is what i was told.
Ok, none of us are about to have a heart attack or have heart disease, or anything even remotly close to any of that. All this is is your body reacting to the way it has been treated. I will explain things in my own case scenerio (may not apply to all, but most likely does) You see, growing up I ate fast fod a good bit and I have always riden horses, and i grew up on a farm. I was always getting banged around and I was wide open. Well now, all of us ladies on this site are rowing up and we are all in our 20's and 30's. This is just our body catching up with us and reacting to the way it has been treated. When someone is getting ready to have a heart attack, they done have time to say "i think im going to google what i feel in my chest" because they dont have time, plus when you have a heart attack, right before or symptoms leading up to it is flu like symptoms and using the bathroom on yourself, etc... none of us have any of these symptoms. The pain in our chest, she explained, could come from a number of things. It could be hormonal imbalance, shot nerves, stress inflamed nerves, etc.. a million and one things could be casuing the pain in our chest, but none of them are life threatening. Also, some good tips!!!!!!! Colon cleansing is a great way to treat your body. I get it done and I am only 21, It is really great for your body, and i have never gotten it done as much as I should, but I think I will start doing it more now. ALSO, to all of you ladies who have ANXIETY or PANICK ATTACKS, valerian root and kava kava are two really great herbs to help calm you when an attack is coming on. There are also a million herbs you can take that are really good for your body that will help cure your problems. Doctors in  hospitals try and convince you that you are never suppose to be in pain, that you are always suppose to feel perfect and if you dont, well then something is wrong. That is a load of BS.I thnk that when things like this happens, it is just Gods way of showing you, you are still alive. He's saying, "wake up!" "You are still alive, you have lived to see another beautiful day" So, be thankful and say a little prayer. I storngly advise advice from an herbal doctor as opposed to a doctor in a hospital. Reason being: Doctors always prescribe you antibiotics or prescription drugs that may be good for one thing in your body, buthorrible for another ( all of the side effects that come with each medicine).
So anyways, Please take my advice and ladies, chill out! All is ok, you only live life once!!! we do not need to live it panicking the whole way through. I will pray for you all and hope that everyone got some help out of advise. God bless.
Wow... stop being lazy eh??? As a mother of 3 and also suffering from "generalized anxiety disorder"... i can tell you that I get anxiety attacks, i am a hypochondriac and get sore muscles, headaches, dizziness... etc... how does being a hypochondriac or having anxiety make someone lazy??? Cause I can tell you that i spend every waking hour out and about with my children, walking, hiking, swimming... and when I am home i am busy busy busy cleaning and tending to my babies. Pretty brutal what you said. Your awfully judegemental for someone whom also must have had concerns to even be ON THIS WEBSITE... so dont be such a hypocrit. Maybe you shouldnt be lazy and get a damn hobby, rather than judge people you know NOTHING about. We're all here for answers.... thats it.
Hey, I'm not a doctor or nurse but work in the medical field. I  have a friend who has "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome" and her symptoms started with pain in her left breast, arm-pit, neck/shoulder and tingling/numbness in the arm.  so if anyone has any of the additional symptoms, go get checked out.  This can be a very serious illness and can cause a stroke if the "outlet" throws a clot.  You will need a CT scan or an MRI.  
i have had the same problem!!!1 went to the doctor(s) do ultra sound on the breast plust mamagram.. all results comes in negative... i think it is just heavy stress.... stop worrying!!! let God do the rest...
i am 28 yrs old and i have been having pain in my left arm and my chest and now its under my armpit and side of my left breast..its nice to see that im not the only one going through this..ive been to doctors like most of you and they have done all the tests and say im fine and its just stress and anxiety..i dont feel like that is it at all..i strongly feel like something is wrong with me..when i start hurting i freak out and it does make it worse..it could be stress and anxiety and ppl wanna say oh your fine you look ok but it is like a diease just bc you look ok doesnt mean you feel ok..ive delt with this everyday for 8 months now..i get dread waking up and starting my day bc i know im gonna feel bad and worry..im so over feeling this way..i just wanna feel normal again..but reading your alls posts have helped some but it is still so scary.
I am 38 my name is Tammy and I have been having pain behind my left Brest for about 2 weeks and I have no clue what is wrong and I don't want to go to the doctor what should I do
Have any of you tried eliminating grains? Its hard at first. But you could have an allergy. Don't spend anymoretime with test, just eliminate wheat, barley, rye,... try quinoia and rice just for a two weeks. NO bread, pasta ,pizza. I have read stories andgluten can effect the muscles. If you notice a difference, which I hope start reserching on your own to see what u can do for yourself. Most grains are GMO, so u are also doing yourself a big favor from staying away from that mess anyway.
hi im a 27yr old female i jus had a baby 2months ago,,2weeks ago i started have wht i thnk is left chest pain and shoulder and back pain..went to the dr chest x-ray and EKG was normal,,so i was happy but the pain is still here now im back scared so i went back to my dr,,which he thouhgt it was immflamation so he give me sum pills tht didnt wrk,,now im having panic attacks out of now were because im so worried about whts going on..thy still dont kno wht it is thy jus keep saying it's nothng serious,,thts not good enough for me..someone plz help me
Hi. im 18. i get this pain on my left side just below my breast in the rib cage. when i get this pain and i try to take a full breath in it feels like there is baloon in there and it would burst if i try to take a full breath, it badly hurts. so i cant breath in the air to get enough oxygen in my lungs and that makes me feel compleatly breathless. can somebody plz tell me what it could be??
It is weird that so many people have this and they don’t really know what it is.
I started having this 3 days ago. I got it then it went away. Then yesterday it started again and I’ve had it since. I have noticed when I lean forward or to the side it hurts as well. I’m not really stress out things and a pretty healthy person. Makes me wonder if I should go get check… would make me feel better! :D
I have pretty much all the same symptoms you state about breast pain.  However, under my left arm, I can feel "cord-like" bumps and think that this is where my pain is originating from.  The pain will effect my left breast, arm and at times my left arm to my finger tips I get an "electrical" zapping sensation.  This has been going on/off for about 10 years.  I have mammo's every year (always negative), I have had ultrasounds of the breast, also negative, I've had the echo cardiogram, EKG, all normal.  I did have MRI which showed demylenation  at the brain stem and spine.  This was diagnosed in 1973 as MS.  Further MRI tests have shown no progression to date in plaques and MS remains in check.  Bottom line of my query is:  would anyone else describe their pain with any of hese references?
I am a 32 year old male and my wife is going through a massage therapy school. I told her I had pain in my left pectorial and it seems to shoot through my armpit and left arm. I was also stressed and tired from working on engines all week at work. After 15-20 minutes of stretching and massaging my shoulders, neck and chest the pains just melted away. There are apparently a lot of nerves in the neck/shoulder area and that happens to be where stress builds. After only about 20 minutes of massage It was away for good.
I get it too, and.... Have anxiety issues, always have! Iv had tests and apparently I'm fit and healthy I wonder if it's anything to do with a panic attack? I don't know? I get a little twinge above left breast and then I'll panic about it and it then gets worse, tighter.
Hi, I'm a 22 year old female and I have been having serious pain in my left breast, shoulder, and armpit.  My family has a long line of breast cancer, but my doctor says that even though I'm experiencing pain that I'm too young to be concerned with breast cancer and I don't need to have a mammogram or a self-examination from a doctor.  I have been experiencing this pain for nearly two years, and I worry something is wrong with me.  Lately, I've been loosing weight, which is bad, because I've always been very skinny.  I'm five foot three and I usually weigh 115 pounds, but now I'm down to 103 pounds due to random vomiting and a lack of appetite.  Also, I was put in the hospital about a year ago when I first started trying to figure out what was causing the pain.  They told me they saw a clot in the lower valve of the heart and they were going to do open heart surgery that evening.  They did another scan at the hospital after they send me their in an ambulance from my primary doctor who found it in the first place.  When they did the test again, it was gone, so they sent me home that day.  I also have a hereditary disease called thrombophilia leiden factor 5 (blood clotting disorder) so I'm worried it could be my heart.  I'm also worried it could be my breast, but my doctor won't examine it or put me through a mammogram due to my age.  What should I do?  Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong with me?  I feel weak and tired all of the time, I'm too young to be feeling this way.  
Im having the same problem as well,  with strong stress and anxiety that I'm trying to treat alone ..but my arm gets cold and my heart feels like it's racing but when I check my bp, everything is normal.   It's so frustrating!
I'm a 21 year old healthy female..I have had all the same signs & symptoms...I do have anxiety as well..But sometimes my left chest/upper left arm/ chest area will be hurting when I'm not stressing, although when it starts hurting, i begin to become a little worried & I can tell it will get more noticeable..SO..My uncle is a chiropractic So i ran it by him what was going on...This was his diagnosis..It is not serious..& is easily treated ...Intercostal neuritis..you can read about exactly what it is here:
http://www.healthandnutritiontips.net/intercostal_neuritis/intercostal_neuritis.html
this is new for me..i have had pain under first right arm and now left. when i felt it in breast tissue on right, i had mammogram and ultrasound....nothing found. gyn say hormonal cysts. i too have had a hysterectomy but in 2004 and this is the first time i have experienced this pain in breast area under arm. i feel knots and they  burn when touched, also very tender. i have alsoo had this pain extend to my frontal chest area. again, certain spots are tender and burn. i placed a margic marger dot on each area that burned on chest and these spots were EXACTLY symetric. what is going on. i see a lot of people asking questions, but no answers have been given on the forum.....does anyone have FYBROMALGIA? could these trigger spots be from that?
Having same issues but pain has improved after giving up pop. Pain began shortly after having my daughter 2 yrs ago which is when I started drinking pop again. Pain now only comes when I keep my arm in tight to my side. All blood work has been fine and I have a chest ct tomorrow. Don't have anxiety or depression but have had hormonal issues in the past. Will update after test tomorrow.
I'm 26 and since march 2011 I be been having pain in my right breast. At first I got scared and decided to go to a doctor. They found a little lump. I had to to an ultrasound. the ultrasound didn't find nothing and the lump went away. A couple months later I had another breast exam done and the doc didn't feel nothing. They told me it was hormonal changes. Well its been 8 months and I still have the pain. Sometimes is dull other times it hurts and really uncomfortable. The pain radiates from my right breast, to my armpit and then my shoulder blade. I have erniaded disks in my lower back but for the last year my shoulder blades muscles have been really tense, sometimes affecting my hand and grip. I have no anxiety problems and I don't take any meds. The pain did start happening in a really stressed time of my life. I am going to get a professional massage on Saturday, hopefully it will help.
The pain the original poster described is, from personal experience treating it, a tight pectoral muscle along with the muscles of the shoulder.
Treatment is simple: MASSAGE.

There is a specific massage for the pectotal muscles that's done for both male and female patients. Obviously, it's a tad more uncomfortable for women to get it done, but if you find the right massage therapist for you, it won't be an issue.

A side note here: Pectoral muscle massage is also a GREAT treatment for women recovering from a mastectomy, or any breast surgery. Healing time is significantly reduced, and very little scar tissue will form as a result of the massage.

Unfortunately, due to the stigma caused from illegal "massage parlors", it's a bit tricky to find a legit therapist. Doctor referrals are helpful as well as common sense. If the therapists aren't dressed professionally, they're probably a sex shop. Again, do some research.
I also forgot to add one more thing. A simple stretching technique will also help to relieve pain.

1. Facing a wall, place your palm flat against the wall straight in front of you, giving your arm a little bend.

2. Slowly turn your body around, keeping your hand flat on the wall, so that you are now facing the opposite direction of the wall. (It's okay if you're unable to turn the whole way. Most people have EXTREMELY tight pectoral muscles. This restricton will ease off over time with continued stretching.)

3. Hold the stretch for 90 seconds, turn back to the wall, raise your hand higher on the wall, then repeat. Raise your hand up even higher a third time and repeat again. Do the same for the other side.

Believe it or not, but this simple stretch relieves a lot of pain fairly quick. Tight pecs are common nowadays due to our advanced technology that has us crouching forward like hunchbacks.

Hi, ive had the same problem for years.

I also have a bad lower back and other problems. But this chest one has really been worrying me.

Ive been checked out.. heart, lungs, bloods etc.. and they've all come back okay. Ive had an xray, which came back okay.

Im now going to physio once a week and he recently suggested it might be Thoradic Outlet Syndrome. Its a lot to do with posture. Im still unsure, but the pain i get in my neck, shoulder, armpit and shooting numb feeling in my arm... it kind of makes sense. we'll see.

Check it out everyone. It might be the cause for you too. Or Tietze's Syndrome (which they thought it was, but this would usually clear up within 6-8 weeks)

Ive started work again after most of this year off due to this. Ive managed 3 days..and now it feels like its flaring up bad. This is really doing my head in.

I never usually post in these internet sites.  But i thought this might be helpful to at least someone on here. If its the same thing.

Exercise and fix your posture! x
Hi i'm a 21 year old female,
I've also had the same problems for about two weeks now, the dull and sometimes severe chest pain in my left side, a long with a tightness in my left arm along with some tingling in my left fingers, and have had some sharp pain under my arm, and occassionily experience blurred vision.. I'm 21 years old so surely it cant be a heart attack. I do apparently have anxiety problems, as well as low iron and B12 levels. I am on iron tablets and B12 injections once a month. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my low iron and B12 levels, have been to the emergency room once and everything was fine, doctors just say that i have "anxiety" but i dont think i do, as i get this pain and symptoms when im at the grocery store, not stressed about anything, or on the train on the way home from work.. I'm not sure what to do about it all...
I had these same pains for a year before mine was ever diagnosed.  I finally got a second opinion for another doctor.  I had a collapsed lung.  My pain was occasional in the right chest and radiated to my shoulder and neck.  NOT saying that is what everyone has, but look it up... see if the symptoms are similar to what you have and if so, mention it to you doctor RIGHT away.
hi im 25 and a mum to 2, when i carried my son now 17months i had really bad indigestion, it was really bad but i delt with now now 17 months on i still have it, i only have the pain really bad it started in the middle of my cheast and my back then under my breast, now i started getting it  above my left breast, i suffer from panic attacks which dont help as i feel like im having a heart attack, i get hot sweats and i also get sick. i dont get acid just pain so bad i was rushed to hospital as i thought i was having a heart attact had ecg's done, all that and everything has come back fine. they keep giving me different tablets, but its not helping any one else have this problem x
I suffer from panic-anxiety attacks sometimes my left arm is very sore a very straining pain up the left of my neck also in my armpit I also feel a weight on my chest which causes me to almost hyprophetilate I have had xrays hheart and blood tests everything always comes back clear but the feelings I'm getting don't feel like I'm ok but I do believe that these feelings are caused by my anxiety and its good to know that other ppl have the same feelings which I believe are linked to anxiety good to know your not alone!
Hey ladies one more case where I feel a pulling sensation around the breast, armpit and shoulder.  I see there are few post where this happens on the right side.  Movement makes me temporarily lose my breath. I recently sought therapy for emotional problems and am expecting a diagnosis real soon.  Every session I am asked about physical pains.  I have been keeping a diary on my moods and I am to also report pain.  I am seeing a pattern of this pain when experiencing high stress and/or anxiety.  I totally understand.   I was giving a couple of diagnosis of Rheumatalogical related diseases and feel that my emotional problems can be a major contributor to the pain I often feel.
Could be your gallbladder just had mine out a few weeks ago... get that checked out..
hi im 17 ys old. and i'm experiencing a pain in my left chest. what does it mean? i don't know where it started.
I am 20 yrs old and the same thing is happening to me.. Did you find out what was causing the pain? I am so scared to find out it's something bad!!!
I have new pains in left breast, under breast, in back around shoulder blade, up the back of my neck, in the entire left shoulder, and down the upper part of the left arm to the elbow.  My husband passed away a week ago...I have an appt to see my dr. soon.
You are not alone. I am 29 and this started happening with me a year ago after I had my first panic attack.  This is how it started...I went through a bad break up 5 years ago and started being depressed and having bad thoughts.  The dr asked me a lot of questions and ended up diagnosing me with Generalized Anxiety disorder.  I took the Celexa that was prescribed to me and once I started to feel better, stopped.  No problems until a year ago while at work my left leg twitched very hard and I immediately thought I was having a stroke. Once the panic set in, my thoughts changed from me having a stroke to a heart attack, as I could not catch my breath and my heart was beating out of my chest.  Needless to say, those thoughts landed my in the ER where every test was given only for the nurse to bring me a Xanax and refer me to my pcp.  My pcp wanted me to start taking meds again, only problem was I was now scared of them because a major side affect was "heart attack". Over the past year I have been to the ER about 6 times, seen a cardiologist, and had therapy.  As I am typing this the top of my left breast hurts, my left arm and my ribs all feel as if I pulled a muscle.  I was just fine about an hour ago but because I ate a new food, I had thoughts that I was going to have an alergic reaction.  I truly believe that this is the way some of our bodies respond to stress. Your anxiety is probably high and you just need to calm yourself. The key to getting over this is to replace your negative thoughts with positive thoughts...easier said than done.  
I hope you're right! I'm experiencing the same symptoms (pain on left side of chest, sharp on left side under armpit, irregular breathing as if someone's sitting on my chest, painful lower back sensations, pain in my left arm as if I just received a shot, a knot in my mid chest). All of this occurred after I experienced a panic attack. Went to the ER twice and received a EKG, blood test, urine sample, and chest xray and everything came back perfect. I just want this to go away....and don't know what to do. I'm afraid it's something worse.
im 36 i was recently diagnosed with prolapse microvalve or floppy valve, the first time i was in the hospital was almost a yr bfore i was actually told what was wrong with me, i had so many symptoms as most of you. they did all kinds of tests and i wore a halter monitor form 24 hrs and was told everything was fine. a year later i was working, i started having pains in my left breast numbness and tingling in my arm and became very panicked and felt as if i were going to faint. i went to my dr. he hooked me up to ekg and checked my bp and told me to go to hospital and have tests done. i had bloodwork and ekg and they decided to keep me overnight because my heartbeat was irregular. i wore halter monitor and they did bloodtests every few hours to check heart to make sure i wasnt havin a heartattack. all they found was a severe kidney infect. and a small lung infect. i was told thats all they could find. the dr. ordered me to wear a halter monitor at home for another 24 hrs and come back the next day to have a echo done. the woman who did my echo asked me if i had ever been diagnosed with a floppy valve, i said no and that was all that ws said. so it obviously showed very clearly because she saw it. took a week for my results from cardiologist to come back to my  reg dr. he told me that i had a floppy valve that it wasnt life threatning and chaged my bp med to a milder one and added a water pill. my bp is better but the chest pain and all other symptoms are everyday, i wake up very tired and seem to have alot more anxiety. i have also noticed right bfore or after my period i experience alot worse symptoms. sometimes i feel like im losin my mind.
Did you find out what's the cause of it?  I too have similar symptoms for the last 2 weeks but have not gone for any checks.
i am happy to read this because i was experiencing the same. what i want toknow is if you also have the pain sometimes under your left breast and to the side of that sort of in the ribs. and the most important question ---- how do you tell yourself to calm down because it is nothing???? also went for blood tests and ekg's in october last year and all was fine but I was never ever like this and it is influencing once liffe. well good luck to you.
I think it will go away just when u stop thinking about it and making ut worse than it really is , i had the same problem and its caused by stress and anxiety its hard to accept it at first then once u rralize that stress is causing this pain ull start feeling better. Being active most of the time would help and avoid being alone it makes it worst.
Im having the same problem but then freak out and think its my heart! Did you find out anything???
hi, i am new here. I have been experiencing pain in my left boob/chest feels worse when i breath also the pain seems to locate in my left shoulder blade! i suffer with palputations and have in the past suffered with panic attacks! My family have an history of heart deseas and it is worrying me greatly. Im not sure if the pain im experiencing is trapped wind or indigestion! i sometimes get tingling in my left arm and every now and then a pain (but nothing really bad and usually not when i have pain in the chest) It seems to get worse at night, however lately i have been experiencing it more! I have also had swelling in the lower abdomen and stomach pains! Altho the pains in the chest do feel like trapped wind i am afrais its something worse. I plan to visit the doctor about this...but was just wondering if anyone else experiences similar pains?? Also i get slight numbness in the left fingers and pain on my shoulder tip!
I have been suffering from panick attacks for 8 years now. Sometimes without even a attack I have a dull left chest pain that wont go away. It will freak me out and then throw me into a full blown panick. Ive been to the er to many timez to count. My pain has never been identified by doctars as heart related, but accid reflux, pulled muscle, anxiety, every and anything just never heart. Its frustraiting and hard on my life. Wish I had a deffinate answer, especially for someone who suffers panick attacks :(
I feel a similar type of aching in the upper left chest and arm pit/under arm area.  It has come and gone for a couple of weeks.  But i also have some back problems which is more pain than aching.  I see a chiropractor which helps a great deal.  I would recommend that because- and I say this as a seasoned nurse...if the nerves in your spine are pinched it will cause discomfort in other places.  Our nerves wrap around our bodies.  Just go to google images and search for 'nerves' which will show you a picture of the nervous system and you can see where your pain is and if it related to any back pain or tenderness.  Very often once adjusted by a chiropractor you will need exercise to keep things mobile and functioning.  Also Ice alternated with heat will help the spot that is hurting.  We must take care of ourselves and be sure to give things time to heal...it won't happen over night.  Good luck to all.  :)
it started wen i get slip to our yard. then now i felt the pain in my chest . wat can suggest to me? im afraid to go to the doctor wid out my parents. i'm only seventeen and i cant move on. its almost one month (started  since 12-28-11) pls reply help me
I am also having the same pains it is very scary I have also gotten heart tests and they say I'm fine...this is not everyday and not all day either...mine also stretches into my back...I'm so scared!!
I have the same problem- dull aching pain in my left breast and left shoulder blade area, it comes and goes and can last for days at a time. It is ver uncomfortable. I have found the more I focus on it the longer it lasts and worse it is, leading me to believe it is anxiety related as well. I have also had anxiety issues that started in 2006 seemingly out of nowhere and I've had them ever since from time to time. This breast and shoulder blade pain started after I had my first child in 2008. At first I thought maybe it was caffeine related but I annoy sure there is a tie there, althought caffeine can bring on anxiety since it increases your heart rate...so maybe.
Here is the latest on my front - went to the physical therapist and she did massage and gave me some exercises and am already better! She thinks it is some nerves and it involves the thorasic spine - interesting!! Try it and explain symptoms to the physical therapist - they are amazing. Let me know what you find out everyone!
I'm 15 and I'd been having this dull ache and I was freaking out, which only made me freak out more and then it made it hurt more. Then I thought I'd distract myself by watching something on t.v. Grey's anatomy was not a good choice, because I was then convinced I was having a heart attack. Well at least I know I'm probably not having a heart attack!
hi i have been having the same things as u, i get them mainly around my period but it is worrying, i have a severe disorder, panic attacks i was having between 20 - 25 a day on top of that anxiety attacks whilst not having a panic attack for fear of having a panic attack , try taking the tablets again iv been there took a tablet, infact i had to have an ambulance out to me, take them around someone you feel safe around, get a quilt and lie down on the sofa after you have taken it, watch tele for a while, everytime you feel your head start to think, say in your own mind out out out, repeat it untill the negative thought goes away.i also have severe health anxiety, due to nearly loosing my daughter 3 times, loosing my dad, uncle x 2, step mum etc all in the last 2 years through illnesses your mind is a very strong weapon against yourself, take control of it, i wish you the best of luck and p.s iv had a full mot and the pains yours experience will more than likely be down to the stress and anxiety.
I am female, 50 years old, and i have the same tightening around left armpit and just around the left breast just now. It happens when i move too fast and improperly as when I was younger I could move no matter what and not feel a thing but now I have to concentrate on what I am doing or this pain flairs.

Sometimes it happens throughout my chest area, sometimes both shoulders and the entire chest area. It feels horrible.

I thought that it may be because I get no exercise, no stretching and that I have gained a lot of weight just after I quit nicotine 9 months ago. But I don't know. It just scares me and it is good to know I am not the only one.
I HIGHLY recommend  a high alkaline diet, cancer thrives on acid.
Also check out "****.com." B17 is a POWERFUL anti-cancer vitamin. Have you seen Ken Hovind's videos on health? They are excellent.
M K Mason RN
I am 17 year old female. I have been experiencing the exact same issues. Tightening in my chest, pain between left armpit and breast. Tightening in stomach, clammy hands, can't seelp at night, etc. This has been an on and off occurence for the past 2 years but it has worsened. I have been to the hospital for them to check my heart and get an EKG and an xray and they say it's nothing. The thing that starteles me is that it comes out of nowhere. It has happened now all week long and it really worries me. The one thing that I was told by a doctor is that its most likely anxiety, but why does it come from absolutley nowhere wether I am sitting down or talking with friends or watching tv. I don't know what to do because I always get the same results. Is it just me? I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one going through this.
Have you found out anything else since then?  I have been experiencing pretty much the same thing for the last 4 weeks and somedays I have very little pain and other days it is terrible.  The worst of it is in my shoulder blade on the left side but I have chest pains in the center mostly and also my left arm.  My doctor put me on muscle relaxers in the beginning, then prednisone for 5 days.  I've been off all of it for almost 2 weeks now and nothing has changed.  In fact, as I type, the pain in my chest is pretty significant.  I'm a 57 year old female and YES, I have some pretty significant stress right now with my daughter.  She has hurt me so many times in the past and recently has pretty much tore my heart out of my chest.  The emotional pain is worse than the physical pain, but I'm just about to the point of wishing it was a major heart attack so that it will take me.  I just see no reason to deal with this physical pain when I have no reason to endure it anymore.  Please tell me what you found out and whether there is anything that can be done to fix the physical side of my problems.  Thanks!
I have the same pain over or inside my breast ,it feels like a burning feeling but also confuses me bcuz I'm not sure if its my breast or my heart!! I also suffer from anxiety..But I hate when Dr' s know you get anxiety that seems to always be the cause of what I'm feeling..I was trying to see if breast cancer hurts...I'm a mess...I always panic I hate feeling like this..I'm also trying to figure if the pain comes when I get upset..
I am 29 and have had the same things. Ive gone as far as going to the ER and they tell me that its GERD, I have had all kinds of blood test, ekgs' and I was even checked for a blood clot in my lungs. Noting ever comes up. Sometimes the pain is squeezing and some times its burning and at other times is feels like pressure. My left arm also gets numb and hurts sometimes too. It scares me to death but with all the test everything comes back ok. So I hope faith that all the drs are right and try to live my life. I have 3 kids all under 10 and it scares me to think that I have these pains in my chest. Also sometimes I feel like I cant swallow but I totally think I give myself panic when the pain starts. I hope you feel better!
I have just turned 30 and have had the same pain in my left arm, chest, breast and hands for the past 15 months.  It started with numbness and tingling in my left hand, which then spread up my arm and into my chest.  I also went to the ER numerous times thinking it was heart related and every single test came back clear.  After more than a year and thousands of dollars worth of tests from x-rays and EKGs to CTs, mammograms and MRIs, including a full lab of blood and urine tests, my doctors told me I have Fibromyalgia - a diagnosis which basically translates into "we have no idea".  I've had two kinds of cancer so I'm a bit neurotic about there being something wrong with me and am quick to go to doctors.

My Family Doctor, however, recently saw me after nearly two years of being overseas and told me that since all of my tests in the past 15 months had come back clear, he thinks it is Teitze Syndrome, which is stress-induced.  He said there is no known cause for the syndrome but the symptoms commonly appear on the left and affect the whole body on that side.  He also said that the symptoms are aggravated by stress - something that I have since been forced to agree with.  I've since been monitoring my stress and pain correlation and realise that I have a combination of poor posture, insufficient exercise, dehydration and chronic stress.  I also spend most of my day hunched over a computer, which does not help.  The chronic level of stress has become normal that I was no longer considering it stress but rather my 'relaxed' state - something that I now have to consciously work on.  

If you've had MRIs, CTs, blood work, x-rays, EKGs, etc. and the results have all come back normal, I would suggest believing the doctors who say that it is anxiety and stress related.  My Family Doctor prescribed anti-depressants for me for anxiety and suggested that I see a counselor for a few sessions to try to work through the hidden stress and anxiety that is constantly in my muscles.  Drink lots of water, try to relax and don't worry too much about it.  
Please whatever you do!! DO NOT get a mammogram!! For every 1 woman it helps, 10 actually get cancer from them!!
http://www.naturalnews.com/010886.html
I am outside the clinic waiting for my turn n reading this.. I am now convinced that this is more stress n anxiety than anythin else..i hav had anxiety issues too.. Now wonderin if i should talk to d doc at all.. I must say im relieved!
Thank you kc2206 you were a real help...not... total lack of empathy...must be a man ... has no idea. The pain IS REAL and needs to be resolved. It may well be stress etc but it is real and darn well hurts.
So get a life kc2206 and leave us worryers alone.
I.too.have.been.having.pain.under.left.breast.and.down.along.left.side.starting.under.armpit.and.going.down.sometimes.side.of.left.breast.near.heart.area.I.too.have.anxiety.This.just.happened.to.me.about.a.few.months.ago.nov.to.be.exact.not.sure.what.caused.it.or.why.it's.happening.I.don't.have.any.other.symptoms.of.what.a.woman.is.supposed.to.have.during.a.heartattack.so.am.not.sure.what.it.is.I.am.going.to.agree.and.say.it's.due.to.panic/anxiety/posture.
Have your neck checked.  It could be C7.  With pain running across my chest and my left shoulder, I was running to the ER every few weeks convinced I was having a heart attack.  It got embarrassing.  They told me to just go home and drink a glass of wine.  I started researching a chest pain/neck problems connection because I knew I had some disc problems in my neck.  C7 (cervical spine, 7th vertebrae) can present like a heart attack.  I ended up having 3 vertebrae fused in my neck.
I have same symptoms. Just had mammogram, ultrasound, chest x-ray and all turned out ok.  Good luck
hi,i'm laura..i do have the same symptoms,pain at left breast,armpit radiating to neck,shoulder,arm and fingertips since 2 months ago. It comes on and off and it makes me panic and worry so  much till it cause my daily activities interrupted. I went to general hospital three times and done some blood test,breast examination and ecg,all the results are ok. Then i went to GP and the dr also told me that nothing serious about it. I'm afraid of breast cancer or heart disease..but i do hope that all the post above are true about all these symptoms are caused by anxiety and panic disorder since the pain i felt will only come whenever i heard some of my client(i am a nurse) being diagnosed with breast cancer...and it goes well again after being confirm by doctor that everything is ok. And that is how my symptoms come and go.
did the pain ever go away? i have the exact same thing.
its scary i have the same thing and i did go for a momograme twice differrent places told me the same thing they see a shadow but not cancer go back to my doctor to tell me its nothing;so i still dont no but for me i dont think its normal just becouse my doctor says so. but i feel a little better knowing im not alone... but can you tell me what they tell you thank you so much for posting
Hey Glyn

I have similar fears but i want to share how i did overcome being massivley overweight, without any specail diet or exercisres. I went on a separate dieat - i stopped eating proteins with carbs. it worked. if you want me to talk you through email me ***@****
regards
Lara

I personally don't think you're ever to young to have a mammogram.  Go to another doctor.  There is nothing wrong with wanting a second opinion.  I have known many people in my lifetime who have been saved from serious, life-threatening problems, because they went and got a second, and sometimes even a third opinion.  

Even they find nothing, you will feel so much better just knowing that it is not cancer.
this is interesting! cancer and sarcoidosis overlap and when ruling out cancer, people should look into it- thanks a lot, much appreciated to know! very few forum debates ever mention this sarcoidosis!
hi nella , im 35 now and i have being experiencing the same symptoms like you for the past 3 years ,being in the emergency last years many times  they all said is related to anxiety and stress , did mammogram chest xray all kind of tests .until now im still getting sharp pain all over my breast and ribs , tired of being sick dont know what else to do or whos the right specialist for this constant pain .
your not the only one most woman are experiencing the same thing and i hope soon we find a right cure for it . good luck
I started having cheat pains in 2010.  Went a whole year with no pain at all. In February of this year the pains started back. I had EKG done,  MRI. CT scan and everything is normal. They thought it was acid reflux.  So I had an upper GI endoscopy done. It was normal and they found nothing.  I'm still having chest pains as of today. The pains is dull in my arm but sharp in my left breast. Sometimes it's a burning sensation.  I try not to worry but its hard when doctors can't figure out what's wrong. We as human think its related to the heart. I sometimes have deep pains in my right arm as well. Worse in left arm though. My Co worker says it sound like lupus BC she went through the same thing until she was diagnosed with lupus.  I burp alot so I'm not sure if its gas. But does gas last for three months
I'm surprised that so many folks are still looking for a cure to their problem when it was listed on the very first page.
I had all the symptoms listed. Headache, massive muscle pain in my shoulders, pain under my left arm, pain around my heart, left arm going numb along with my pinky and ring finger on my left hand. When it first began naturally I thought "heart attack". I'm 38 and just had our 6th child in January 2012. Been through a lot of stress.
So at the advice of those who posted at the very beginning of this thread I increased my B vitamins - tripled them actually, and would force myself to relax when met with a stressful situation.
I am not a person who is easily ruffled. I've always handled stress very well. But sometimes your body can only take so much. As I approach 40 I need more nutrition to keep me going and to have a baby on top of all that was a bit much.
Anyhow, I went through 6-8 weeks of this pain. I read this thread on a Friday and by Monday the pain was pretty much gone.
It's been over a month now since I read this and still doing very well. Take deep breaths. Oxygen is medicine to your body. I pretty much only purchase products by NOW. I take B -100 3 times a day.
www.nutritiongeeks.com and
www.houseofnutrition.com and
www.luvkyvitamin.com
are all good places to purchase NOW products at a decent price. Health food store will charge you double what you'll find on these web sites.
Hope this helps someone. I think sometimes the fear factor is worse than the actual pain.
I have the same problem ... Iam 43 years old...got five lovely kids .. I have difficulty sleeping sometimes specially on the left side  specially underarm .. where I have the pain... if I turned to the other side I still feel it .. tried every possible topical stuff ... did x - rays for chest and left arm ,everything was ok... except that I had deficiency in Vitamin D ... I took the pills for about a month ... no progress... I decided to live with it ... hoping that it will disappear one day ... now it is almost  10 months since I had that annoying pain ... still bothering me .. more than before... and lately during this week I noticed some milky discharges from both nipples .... scared and pray to God that this could be a normal condition ( I started feeling this pain immediately after I stopped nursing )... going for mammogram and full check up this week ... wish me luck..
I felt like I should post what worked for me.  The pain that I experienced felt basically like a heart attack, for lack of a more scientific term.  I'm 28 and was having a very hard time in my life which pushed my stress level above and beyond it's ever been, since I'm usually a really relaxed person.  

Ok so my pain started at my heart and then very slowly moved a little to the left side. This was late at night and finally ended after what seemed like forever.  The morning after until about 3 weeks, I experienced a crappy thing called "frozen shoulder" on the left side of course.  It made sleeping almost impossible without any anti-inflammatory pills.  This was about a month ago so some details have been blocked out..

Anyhoo, I realized that A- this was a severe panic attack and B- it was my body's way of telling me that I need to just stop everything and focus on becoming positive.

You can either do what I did, heal, and see amazing results, or keep scaring yourself with more research.  

Here's what I did:  youtubed self healing meditations, find positive things in every day, ate healthier, and applied caster oil to my left shoulder, along with some daily physical therapy approaches I found on youtube for a frozen shoulder.  I couldn't believe how long some people suffer from a frozen shoulder, and I was determined to love my body back to a normal condition.  The world is filled with ****** events, people, and situations.  Focusing on these will eventually run your fragile body down.  Learn to have fun every day, do 2 minute daily meditations where you focus on healing that part of your body, and you will see results.  I wouldn't waste my time writing this if I didn't have great results.  I've been pain free and feeling great and I know you will too. Best of luck patient ladies!!   :)

I'm only fifteen, and I've had this pain for almost three years. I have anxiety and an autoimmune thyroid function. I'm also a hypochondriac, which is why my parents aren't taking me seriously when I tell them about this pain situated around my left breast, armpit etc. Sometimes,it actually seems to pulse painfully, and you can hear it. That's what scares me the most. It's also random; it stays for a long period of time, and then leaves for a while.
i have these pains too. i feel for you... i hope you are finding some relief...