Pain above left breast, left armpit and shoulder
Hi. Since April I have had pain above my left breast. It's not constantly there, but it comes and goes. Sometimes it feels like a burning pain, other times it feels like a cramp. I've also felt it in my armpit at times and it will also creep up over my shoulder. Although I VERY RARELY feel it on the right side, it DOES happen once in awhile. But for the most part it's been my left side. I've had all the heart tests, including stress echo, I've had an MRI of my brain and neck, I've had a breast exam. I've even seen a chiropractor. Every test they've done comes back normal. And nothing seems to help. I've tried aspri - doesn't work. I try massaging my breast and shoulders and that seems to help a tiny bit. Usually the pain is very dull...but one night I woke up in excruciating pain for about 10 seconds, then it went back to being dull. I'm 24, and I am being treated for Anxiety/Panic Disorder. My Psychiatrist does not think it's related. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas about what could be going on with me?!?!?!
I have pain to my left side, under my left breast, back shoulder, with some small shooting pain to the upper left chest. At times it I get a burning pain on the left shoulder. I also have pain to the left side of the abdomen. This has been going on for 3 years now. I have had chest x-rays, stress test of the heart. an endoscopy of the abdomen and a sonogram of the abdomen preformed. All came back normal and was told that this is all due to Acid reflex and irritable bowl which is caused by stress. I tend to worry that i may have been miss diagnosed because at times my left leg and arm tingle a bit and get some what numb. I try not to think about this all incase it is stress but its very hard. Any suggestions?
Just have to say how delighted I am to have found this thread!   I've been nursing an elderly beloved cat who has heart failure.  My dear "Tiger Woods".  Dealing with multiple veterinary specialists, the huge bills, and the sadness of losing him, all have been very very stressful.  

This afternoon I started having a recurrent pain in this same area everyone is talking about:  left breast and left armpit.   Naturally I thought "heart" because of the cat and because I'm 62 years old which puts me into heart attack territory.    A few minutes ago I took 3 baby aspirins because they say to do that if you suspect a heart attack.  

But then I found this site and I'm feeling somewhat relieved.  :)  Thank you very much, ladies!
Have you figured out the diagnosis? I have the same problem but the doctor keeps telling me I have "chest inflammation" which is not accurate.
I have a similar pain on the left side of my upper breast and it shoots in my arm and in my hand. I have had X-rays and EKG's done and they say everything is fine I just wanna make it feel better any suggestions cause even tramodol isn't working
Hi, I am in good company as I have this same pain now for about a yr.  3 months ago the six months prior..showed my heart was good.  My BP is low and heart rate is good.  I get dizzy and my head feels like blood is rushing in it.  The pain is much worse tonight..real sharp..then it's gone.
I tried to shovel a little today but had to stop.  I am 72 and in pretty good help.  I have fibrous breasts..had mamos and scans.  They don't think anything is malignant..in my left breast, but who knows.  I am so scared of having a biopsy.  No cancer in my background.  I do have arthritis bad.
I hope everyone is feeling better.
I am sick of doctors (they remind me of mechanics!!) if it is not our heart and we all seem to have stress or anxiety related disorders that doesn't mean that is what causes the pain.
Honestly it's phantom and comes prior to anxiety... After the pain is when the anxiety increases. If I take a deep breath it HURTS. yes I too have muscular pain in my neck and upper back.
I have the same pain...between my left armpit and upper left breast area. I suffer with panic attacks...and just starting taking Paxel again...was wondering if its one of the side effects.
i have had this same pain for 21 years now,i'm 52 this year. i can sympathise with all of you and it's really sad as most of you are so young, my kids are older than most of you! i have had all manner of tests done and apparently i'm perfectly fine! i have NEVER been given an exact diagnosis. i manage my breast pain with ibuprofen or gel that contains ibuprofen and i take wild yam tablets, from holland and barrett, also available in cream. the aches in the shoulder, back and armpit are eased with a muscle rub and wearing well fitting or loose undies and clothes reduces the pain in the ribs, hot baths or showers also help. ladies, ditch the bras with wires, a complete killer and totally unnecessary!! think positive. if you have been given the all clear on your vitals, heart, lungs etc. STOP WORRYING...STRESS IS A KILLER TOO!!! be positive and bear in mind that although this seems like the end of the world, i'm living proof that it's not. it's all about pain management and believing that this will not kill you.you can live a full and happy life, even though you will have bad days and some REALLY BAD days...you can cope, you just have to convince yourself that you can do it. I have and i see the pain as part of me and that will never change.don't give in to it, manage it, beat it and live with it.hope this helps some of you, even a little. best wishes to all my fellow sufferers.
I have had many of the symptoms on this page recently in my daily life, I am in my mid forties after having three beautiful boys and a traumatic marriage to a alcoholic.
This post is actually, after reading all the others, the one that has hit home most.
many thanks for your up-lifting, relaxed approach.
I have taken note! G
The tests came back negative again, so my doctor is now insisting that it must be stress and that he sees so many cases now that he is even more convinced it is stress related...
thats exactly what I did, and it worked
Same thing anxiety and pain around left breast area
i have pain in my left breast and under arm. Recently had a mammogram and they saw something  suspicious will be doing a biopsy to see if it is cancerous.
Excuse me, but exactly who do you think you are, making such derogatory statements about people of whom you have no knowledge?  I just hope that no one believes your advice, rather than that of a senior doctor and then finds that they are seriously ill and avoids life saving treatment because of your so called advice. If I found that I had taken your advice, only to later find out that I was seriously ill, I would sue you so much that by the time I had finished with you, you would be starving to death because I would take your last penny so that you so would be starving and homeless. Why don't you shut up and keep your warped opinions to yourself.
I'm so glad I found this site.  Thank you all for your comments. We can see there's a common thread. It seems like stress and anxiety are causing this constant pain. I have anxiety but I'm not getting treatment. I prefer alternative medicine and methods.  It is sad that negative feelings take over my mind a lot.  I do pray that these feelings go away and it does help but there's always new situations that happen and new negative feelings take over.  I'm going to start Tai Chi soon and I will let you all know if this helps. It's a form of meditation that reduces anxiety, depression and stress. Check it out if you can.
Hi, I am 47 and have the same problem. Pain in the left breast going through to my left shoulder and going down my left arm. After numerous X-rays, ultrasounds. My doctor prescribed a low dose anti-anxiety tablet and finally I am finding relief. I can't lay on my left side at night but I am sleeping well and understand that this must, sadly, be the result of STRESS. How horrid is the impact of stress in our lives. I am taking action to reduce the stress from my work.  (I am married with children). Life is busy but I thought I was handling it well. Now I feel I might be on the right track. I am healthy..just need to reduce the stress and it's impact on my body.
i am nearly sixteen years old i have got pains under both arm pits up to the should and at the top of my breast's it hurts so much i want to go to the doctor but i am too scared to ask my mum cause if i did she would just tell me that it is hormons but it has been there for the past 3 days and i have not got my period and it has only just started out of the blue and it hurts i can't even put my arms up straight in the air because it hurts that much! :(
what do i do?!
Just fyi.... for months ive had pain in my neck, shoulder, shoulder blade,  upper chest,  upper arm, and the spot on my side where ribs begin to go into my back. Sporadic pain and numbness in arm. All left sided. Finally found a dr who believes me. Pain is most likely from the trapezius muscle tensed or spasmed irritating nerves. Ask for a muscle relaxer, if it helps then your doc will know where to go from there. Look online for physical therapy and apply heat. Can be fibromyalgia. I felt better after finally realising I wasn't having a heart attack
Hi there am 27 years old I went on holiday in may this year!!my plane got stuck by lighting and fell 10'000 feet down as we was 15'000 feet in the air my little girl and my other half was on the plane to! as we was going down I hugged my little girl so hard and the right engine blew up and bang I was scared thought we was going to die thought useless as a mother that couldent protect my child from death! and thought for one moment if we r going down then we going down ain't nothing in this world is going to stop that so the polite come on the mic don't worry folks I have manage the plane and need to make a emeragcy landing in gate wick everybody said aww  I screamed!! Begging to get off the death trap plane so we landed a hour later all this time my heart was pumping so fast and so hard i felt it hitting my cheast so my mother in law gave me a valem and my heart stoped then carryed on but slowy then to normal,so an hour later got of the plane and went in the air port in gate wick then watch the news a turkey booming great that's all u need to hear after ur plane then finding where ur going on holiday it's a booming so me and my family catch the next plane for turkey and got the flight went ok apart from seeing the booming and young and fit walk everywhere! Got to the hotel and thought right we can now relax! So I thought I never suffer from stress allways the person to sort other people's problems so went to bed as we did get there at 6.00on Sunday morning so woke up at 10.00 went for breakfast and my right side of my belly was hurting thought it was nothing thought it would go so Monday went into town as it was raining I felt running out of breath and something wrong with my left cheats was it my breasts,heart,ribs or all of them I thought the worst and started to panic got to the hotel thought right just have a bath and relax calm down so Wednesday I booked me and my mother in law for a Turkish bath to relax still dindent go I kept it to my self dindent want no one to worry about me holiday was ruined before it started I was dreading all week coz I knew we had to get on anther plane to go home so the day came yes home time can't Wait to see a doctor thought I would never say that in my life!! So the flight was ok but still scared so got to airport in bermingham and got to the carpark and got to the car yes home time here we come got in the car and drove home I felled asleep for the first time in that week and the pain was gone we got home and woke up the next day I was back and worst than ever still kept this to myself I become nasty as all I can think about is this pain was is this?what does it mean? I thought I could brush it off so I left it for 6weeks before it got the better of my I run my business in my home town pontypool indoor market custom ur own teddy in South Wales I went to work I opened my stall then it happend for the worst my left arm tingling I could not breath,heart pounding,pain ran straight across my right straight to my left though my heart like lighting then straight down my left arm then I fainted got my self bk up and thought I can't fight this no more do be scared! Pick ur self up and go to the docs it's better thinking u can cope with this so I couldent run to the doc quick enough seen my doc she said I think it's antcixty stress have blood test done before we give you anything for it so I left rang my half and cried don't they care what was happening to me? Blood test but nothing for it what was the point in even going if I still got to cope my test was in 2 weeks I could die by then so I thought no u carry ur self on its nothing! Little did i know!! I was meeting prince Charles for my business in Cardiff princes trust for prince Charles to open their new buliding so I have been choosen to meet him for my business to get a business grant the reason they chose my its am bubbly,honest,great business ideas for children and never giving up so why does it feel that I want my body to give up as I dindent have it in me to carry this any more so the day came 3/06/2013 at 11:37 am prince Charles came took my teddy wearing a British army uniform for his grand child once the royal baby was born witch he is now baby Prince George, what a frill was proud and excited could never believe it came from a broken family dindent have a childhood that was taken never gave it a second thought but then it did what would my parent feel now that am a success is this punishment haven't I gone though eith why is this feeling still there it's not pain it's airing Tatin uncomefort feeling so I went home mix up I should be happy why am I think of them I got a little girl that is 10 years old this year she means more to me than anthing in this world next day took my daughter to school before I left for work gave her a kiss and said be a good girl and listen to ur teachers and I love you then got to my front door and that was it fainted that feeling came bk I thought am more  termained than ever for my daughter sake to find out what's Wrong I will make my doctor listen and went and said I can't cope and my doctor said who's ur mam I just broke down and cried and said why she said nothing wrong Hun I had to ask had anther lady here the other day saying her plane got hit by lighting and thought it was her my other half said was it and said her name and doc said well yes and my other half said that's my mam so my doctor gave my pure gabbling depressing tablets I thought I never needed these before and after a week I was going slowly then came bk to went bk again my advise to you all is this!!!!! I told my doctor what happen as I had to see a differant doc he said look you have a trap nerves where u had a drelling attack not a panic attack on that plane where ur heart and lungs and all inside my body was doing over time and the more I was thinking the worst it was getting in my left shoulder and then said I also pulled a muscle in my left rib shoulder and that's why it is the why it is and coz it hasn't been treated I made it worst he said when u pull a servire mucsle pain I can take 6 months to heal to he gave me mucsle relax tablets noxipan or something and omg it worked I had to take 3 tablets 3 times a day and my stress tablets on top and eat somthing every time I take one and also bought mucsle relax body bubble bath after taken my tablets and finishing them I felt more like my self happy care free women then after 2 weeks  I had to walk home from work with a hamster cage witch was heavy I carried this for an hour and dindent think nothing of it and thought I was better I was stress in work as the market is getting revamped and need to move my stall! then the next day it came bk I thought no no no no!!! It can't be why so I thought get those tablets and I went bk and got some and I had a reaction to these ones as my throat swell up and tight and hard to swallow so I rang my gp and ask for somthing else so she gave me piroxicam 0.5% gel it works I tell u u can only get this from ur gp so please try this what have u got to lose  I have ran out of this and doc won't give me more and it came bk again to I bought somthing similar witch chemist said it more affected coz its stronger its volt argol pain-zee emu legal 50g gel it's £7.49 for a big tube u can apply it 4 times a day am going bk to my doctors for more depressing tablets as I have not taken any since April as doc thought I only need to take a small amount but I think if I didn't t carry that hamster cage home I think it would be gom for good I still get a little discomfort in my left breast and rib but its going slowly I rest more and relax
I am 53 yrs old over weight high blood preasure who is tring to diet,

5'5 diabetus type 2

What is wrong, on my left side on breast i have a pain near my arm pit

sometime runs back to my shoulders, it hurts when i breath, or move

times i get shortness of breath.

The pain lasted about 4 days now, I am under alot of stress, but tring to cool down alot. I dont sleep well, up 3-4 times a night or just dont sleep till 3am or?

but this pain what should I do???

I found some advice: http://www.*************.com/breast-cancer/c/689756/122857/soreness, but need some more.
This is me also for over a year.  All test normal but I swear it's heart related.  It scares me and causes me panic
I have the same exact symptoms/pain as you. I've just started rowing. That's the only thing I can think of as a cause.  I have large breasts with fibroid cysts and I was thinking that maybe one of them burst. I was not wearing a very supportive bra while rowing and think that I may have torn what is known as Cooper's ligaments in my breast.  My doctor's appointment is on Monday.
I have been diagnosed with P.T.S.D., Bipolar disorder, anxieties, about 7 years ago when I finally reached the conclusion that I could not fix whatever was wrong with me, after struggling for over 10 years I sought professional help. I am taking prescribed pharmaceuticals, which are helping me tremendously, I have been having these numbness/tingling for a while now ... it sounds very plausible that anxieties and meds may be the cause ... now how do we find out if we are in danger of heart-attack or stroke? I have been posting the very same query on other sites as well, maybe we will finally get helpful information.  
Anxiety is a huge factor in this kind of stuff.  When my Mom had heart problems, beginning at the age of 56, she had the "feels like a super  heavy weight" on your chest with difficulting breathing, that isn't relieved by laying down for a little bit.  And it was more centered in the chest than off to either side.  The squeezing feeling.  She also had the left arm pain with the squeezing of the chest.  She said it was very, very painful.   She was tough and if she said it hurt bad, it did.  But not a sharp pain.  Strong hard ache.  Not your typical pains, such as muscle pulls.   I'm looking here because of the left breast, rythmic pain radiating under the arm.  As usual, it's anxiety.  I do have some difficulty with that.  On meds.  I agree, most often anxiety I'm sure.  But pay attention to the real signs.   She had two strokes in her late 70's.  then she died at the age of 82, from dementia.  So, just because you have heart issues doesn't always mean it kills you.  
That's great news to me, since it does run in both sides of my family.  However, I've had the ekg, several check ups thru the last few years.  I'm 56.  I began having what I thought were heart symptoms at the age of 40.  Perimenopause in full swing can equal heart palpitations and hormone imbalance.  We all know what that can be like.  Second puberty only backwards.  The discomfort I felt was the squeezing in my chest, I couldn't swallow and my neck and jaw would hurt.  Turns out it was serious anxiety attacks.  Had that for a couple years, off and on.  Quit the job I thought was going to give me a heart attack.  Moved to AK, eventually began having shortness of breath and center of chest squeezing sensation again.  Shortness of breath was a very long lasting issue.  Turns out it was ALL anxiety.  At night it can be worse, apparently because of your body processing the excess anxiety of the day.  I got hives really bad in my late 20's from marriage to a bad person.  Both times happend at midnight.  Strange, huh?  Get help for anxiety.  I feel sooo much better.  Still not perfect, but not worrying about dying anymore.  And I can breathe.  That's wonderful.  Oh, and I also had serious case of sleep apnea.  Cpap machine was probably the best thing that happened to me besides my children.  Air is good.  :)  Get the axiety checked!  I promise you'll be happy you did.  But stick with it.  And be honest to yourself and most importantly at your visits.  
i have the same symptoms and i had a mammogram and everything is okay.my  attacks come on when i go through something stressful. i use a vibrator on my back and arm and that seems to relieve the pain quickly.
45 yrs old. and have that same dull ache on left upper chest area, sometimes under arm, but mostly around left breast (seemingly underneathe). It comes and goes and I can't usually recreate the ache by moving in any one particular area. ANd while I do suffer from anxiety, I'm not sure that's what's causing it because it happens when I am calm as well.

Mostly, this is what I would like to blame it on… had a chest cold with a cough about 2-3 weeks ago (haven't coughed in over 6 years) and was also doing heavy lifting. I did have a breast mammo and ultrasound. All clear. SO, I think I still may have inflammed brochial tubes or even costochondritis. It's a very bizarre sensation and I wouldn't exactly call it a pain as much as it is an annoying ache or sensation that comes and goes. What seems to bother it most is digestive issues as well.
I am 55 years old and I get a tingling sensation under my leftarm pit and extends to my breast.   I was very concerned as heart problems run In my family.  I had an EKG and everything was ok.  I had a diagnostic mammogram and everything ok .  Thank God!  I am still get this tingling sensation under my armpit.  IT is does not hurt, no pain, no bumps but does worry me.  I do  have a titanium rod in my left arm due to a broken arm approx. 10 yrs ago.  So maybe nerve endings...... Although I feel better it is not my heard or breast but I am still concerned......any suggestions on what else to check?
I, too, have these same symptoms, pain under left arm, hurts when I breathe, soreness above left breast.  I have been dealing with anxiety attacks for a year when I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  That has been dealt with, but I also care for my 90 year old mother who is entering dementia and I am trying to work 3 days a week.  I am 65 years old.  And frightened.  I will be going to the doctor Monday for a mammogram.   These posts are giving me hope that I am dealing with anxiety.  Thank you.
I have the same symptoms as most people..got all the test, all came back good.  One nurse ask me had I ever thought about trigger points pain cause by stress and anxiety.  I been getting PT to relieve pain in my back and pec muscles and I can't believe that's what is was.  I had knots in my shoulder, back, and pec muscles above and below my breast caused by stress.  I am feeling a whole lot better after getting the knots out of my back and shoulder, the pec muscles is the hardest, especially in females.  It can take months if not years to relieve trigger points pain, but its a start and it is working  
I have had the same pain for years..I am 61.  I found that HEARTBURN MEDS HELP EASE MY PAIN..Hope this helps....
I am not even sure you will get my REPLY . Reason the post I read was 11/2010, after searching and I have read a lot of ways a muscle can get pulled, about men doing pull-ups and pulling a pec. By the Grace of God I found what you had to say was THE EXACT SAME THING I AM FEELING BUT ON MY "R"side. I am SINCERELY INTRESTED in finding out what the outcome  happened to be.If u would'nt mind sharing that with me I would be extemly GRATEFULL. I am 41 yrs.old and I reside in TX.I am a Native to South Texas. I did see my OBGYN the 1st.Time it happened & I was in tears the pain was that awful, (1st time was on or around 07/04/14, seen 07/09/14 ) I was somewhat dumbfounded by his diagnosis' he looked and said ,"No there is nothing there, no swelling no redness," and I told him there was an area that I felt a lump and when I would feel around it it was not a good feeling. Mother being a RN I had her feel what was giving pain as well as the feeling of having a pulled muscle R breast runs toward my armpit and directly under my breast like it were my ribs. I used ice packs around the clock, 1 motrin 800mg. and after seeing my OBGYN a few days later it subsided. RELIEF! Saturday 07/25/14 when I tried getting up out of bed the pain was back  w/a VENGENCE.  Needless to say I am scheduled for a Mammogram Tues. of next week and I will definitely put it in Gods Hands. As many family members that have CANCER it does worry me. I would be a huge fibber if It did not. My dad died a few yrs ago, lung cancer and prostate my grandmother she was a 20 yr. cancer survivor(my mothers mother) my mothers sister was diagnosed with brain cancer and has taken a turn for the worst now it is bone cancer. My cousin my mothers brothers son same age as I died recently of  bone cancer. NEVER SMOKED, NEVER DRANK, and was severly FREAKED when he was diagnosed w/bone cancer. My mother has been blessed and I am Grateful for that as well. So I am somewhat thinking "What does my Lord and Saviour have planned for my Future as far as Health." I fully place this in his hands and will take it one day at a time. Am I freaking out over what could be a PULLED MUSCLE ? Only time will tell. I would appreciate some feedback if u have time, Thank You and GOD BLESS. Anitra361      
Yes I do.  Going to two drs and get test done.  I feel the same way.  Well let you know what happens.
Wow Im glad I'm not alone. Fir four years I've felt like I'm having a heart attack every day, but anxiety it is. I prey for us all to heal mentally and physicaly xxoo
That's exactly when  it's the worst for me! I can feel it usually when I'm not but as soon as I do it's way worse. The. Cause I smoked my hypochondria takes over big time. I haven't had it checked as this has been a year riddled with family loss and I have a strong history of deep anxiety. It's somewhat comforting to know this may not be something terrible for once. Your honesty helped my through this night lol
Reading  this is comforting. I'm 28 and have had pain in my left breast for almost 4 months. Now its seems to have moved to under my arm. I was really scared because of cancer and I dont have insurance at the moment. I went to have a ultrasound and that was clear and I've seen two different doctors. One said stress and the other said he thinks its due to hormones. If its due to hormones than my estrogen is high. If your estrogen is high that can be dangerous for woman. I've done a lot of reading about how to balance your hormones. But I have noticed that the pain comes more when i'm anxious. I really want to go back to the doctor but I have to wait another 8weeks before I can get covered. One doctor said if the pain continues he wants to do a mamagram but I can't do anything yet. I too have really bad anxiety. I worry about everything and now that I'm having these issues i'm getting worse. Ladies I am praying for all of you. We WILL figure this out.
I am 28 and have been experiencing the exact same thing. Started with a tingling or tender throbbing every now and again in the armpit; didn't think much of it, no lumps or anything. It kept coming back every few days and was in the back of my mind, so I went to the doctor after about 3-4 weeks. The doctor did an examination and it felt tender when she pushed right into my breast tissue (just one side), and she thought the area was swollen. She told me to book to see a specialist… PANIC! I had to wait a week for my appointment, and spent the entire week thinking I was dying.
The pain then seemed to be constant and everywhere... all down my arm right through to my fingers, around my rib cage, under my armpit, shoulders and neck. It wasn’t so much pain, more an ache or an annoyance, a burning sensation and a tingling… maybe like a trapped nerve somewhere. The fact that every website I read said breast cancer was rarely painful was irrelevant… I was convinced I must have somehow missed primary breast cancer and it had now spread to secondary bone cancer hence the pain.
I spent the whole week addicted to Google researching as much as possible. Not recommended! However, as the pain moved about a bit, I did start to reason with myself that this could be some sort of pulled muscle, potentially ‘Poshitis’ – a new term for pulled muscles from carrying a heavy handbag like Victoria Beckham in the crook of your elbow. As well as a heavy laptop handbag 5 days a week, I’d also lifted a heavy suitcase and injured my shoulder. When doing self-examinations, I still couldn’t feel any obvious swollen tissue like the doctor had, which also slightly reassured me.
Anyway, my appointment with the breast specialist was today and I am pleased to say that my inclination of muscle strain was correct. I spoke through all of my symptoms and already the specialist was agreeing it sounded a lot like a pulled muscle. He also reiterated that breast cancer is rarely painful. He then examined me and said everything felt perfectly normal, and also did an ultra sound to be safe which showed absolutely no lumps, swelling or cause for concern. Over the last two days I’d also been consciously not doing anything with my left arm and the pain has definitely improved, so looks like  the muscle is on the mend and I need to buy a rucksack!! Hopefully this has reassured some of you, but BOOK AN APPOINTMENT with a specialist to be sure and for peace of mind – the last week of my life was awful, it’s not worth the worry of just waiting to hope for improvement.
I have same issues except mine is the left breast.  Pain that goes under the arm.  Sometimes my breast feels like its swollen.  Have an appointment in March, so hope to find out something then. How are you doing since I see this was in July?
I have been checking this thread for a while and like most posters I stumbled across it by Googling my symptoms - pain under left armpit (very painful when pressure applied), under left breast and also around into back/shoulder blades.  The big C was a real concern but my GP said no.  Had an X-Ray - nothing.  But she did refer me to a Myofunctional Therapist and HOLY MOLY I THINK SHE CRACKED IT!  

By that I mean that it seems I have MYOFASCIAL PAIN SYNDROME - as yolo67 said its trigger points in the muscles (Google it for more info).

Pardon me if someone else has mentioned it, I could not see it anywhere except in yolo67's post when she mentioned trigger points.

It's not an easy fix (think mine is caused by poor posture and breathing - not helped by having a fall and broken wrist a year ago) but OH THE RELIEF to know it's not a terminal illness!!

Hope this helps someone :)
I have had the exact same symptoms back pain like a tightness which radiated to my front just above my left breast..caused me such anxiety which made it worse ...when I lay down it was so uncomfortable .
Today I went to my massage therapist and chiropractor.after a really deep massage and chiropractic treatment turns out I had two dislocated ribs!!!
Makes total sense your ribs run from the back to front hence all the pressure.
He popped them back and instant relief...
So if you are having these symptoms this could be your issue...
This can happen from sneezing the wrong way, to working out ect
Hope this helps
hi i am 21 and have a bad sharp pain next to my left breast near my lung and as well a sharp pain by my chest left side through to my back doctor said it is a pinch nerve i doubt it because the pain is scary i smoke as well could it be my lung because i have short of breath just do not want to die of a heart attack doctor said my heart is fine so i do not know what to do?? hard to explain but sometimes my left side of my face goes numb as well could it be multiple things happening at once
Hi! I didn't read all of the comments on here since there are so many. I did however read enough to hopefully shine some light on this subject for many of you. I have EXACT symptoms.  Pain in left breast (upper and/or lower), pain in arm pit,  shoulder pain and anxiety that I take a low does of meds for. I have been to ER and done 2 stress tests and I am only 38. This year with a change in insurance I had to go to a new doctor. She is a internalist. ( basically an adult pediatric doctor) what they know about children and new diseases/ medications she knows about adults. She diagnosed me with costocohndritis.  If you have not had it mentioned on here,  look it up. It's common and fits the description of many of your complaints.  I know it has helped me knowing and the pain is mess frequent now that I know.  I only hope the same will be said for all of you. Best wishes
I have had this in the past and experiencing it right now, I'm certain it is Anixety, the first fear that comes to me is breast cancer but that feeds the fear and makes the sensation worse, I am on Celexa but I have a lot going on on my life right now, husbands gotta have brain surgery for one!!  I'm trying to just relax and tell myself what it is and it seem to help!!!
did u ever figure out what was wrong? I am having the same issues.
Hi what are your symptoms and are u still suffering???
I have left breast pain, armpit pain and shoulder pain. sometimes it comes to right breast and chest. Could you please help me
Please stick to the nature as nature has cures to all ailments. cut off sugar, oil, meat or any processed food intake for at least one month. Do some exercise.... starting normally and increasing the exercise intensity and time up to a level where your body should drench with sweat.. use garlic,onion juice with honey or alone... but the most important is "sweaty exercise"...

I do this exact thing
I'm having the same  experience as we speak..it comes and goes..mine is from a pinched nerve in neck..I have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis also a ruptured herniated and bulged disc with a couple of spurs. So I'm I'm used to this type of annoyance..ice packs seem  to work best for me..hope you find relief