Pain after monarc sling surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pain after monarc sling surgery

Had monarc sling surgery 9 weeks ago.  Since then I am in constant pain.  Symptoms are:  cramping in bladder area, sharp pains in vaginal area, irritation, swelling, redness and small raised bumps in the vulva/labia area.  Pain is intensified with prolonged sitting and walking.  Doctor says just normal healing, need to wait 3 months for complete healing.  Is it possible my body is rejecting this material or that I am reacting to the sling itself?  Uristat seems to calm the pain somewhat but is this just masking the symptoms?  It does nothing for the cramps and sharp pains.  What do I do next?

This discussion is related to A&P bladder repair along with monarch sling now left with possible suture or psuedo tumor in bladder..
i had the surgery 1 year ago. i have constant pain (like a bladder infection) and cramping. i fired my dr. though after he refused to examine me 4 weeks after surgery. my sticthing was protruding from my vagina. he said it was normal. i just want to feel good with no pain!!!!
It just makes me sick to  have run across, all of this, in regards to the Monarc.  I have been through the mill and back for over 10 yrs plus.  I have had many many corrective surgerys, some were aa true blessing, but some turned into a fluck.  To make a very long story short,  I had the Monarc, recto- cysto- all at the same time, I woke with fire, pain, nerve damage in the legs, bladder, and other areas. I dont want to give a specific senerio here, but all I can say, IS BUYER BEWARE - CONSIDER A PAD, VERSES A FOLEY, INFECTIONS, MANY SURGERYS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, NONE STOP - I just wish there was a Real Doctor out there, that is not afraid of the BIG PLP,  that would actually come forward and help those of us, tell the truth and put a stop to the rich gettting richer, at our personal life as expense....