Pain after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pain after sex

I've had this pain after having sex. The pain was so bad though I felt dizzy, feverish, a little sick an couldn't move. But needed to pee. I couldn't stand up straight an walking was making it worse. It started in just below my ribs on the right then moved down to my lower belly, then down to my pelvic an stayed there all night til I feel asleep. The next morning the pain was still there but not as bad but I also had a little pain in my lower back. This lasted for 2 days an I haven't had it since but was wondering if it was serious or should I go see a doc? An if I get it again should I go to the er?
I would go see your doctor and have a check to see if everything is okay down there.
I know of someone who has had similar problems in the past, she found out that she just had a different shaped pelvis, so during sex, it was causing alot of pain and damage rather than any good.
may try a different position? or elevate your pelvis during?
if it still continues id probably go to the doctor and just get it all checked out :)
What goose said is a good point, and one I forgot to mention.
I actually suffer from pain during and after intercourse sometimes, but I've just gotten that used to I forget sometimes. The reason for me suffering from it is because I have a tilted uterus and so sometimes during intercourse, depending on what position you are in, the penis can hit your cervix and cause it to be painful. You've just, like I did, try all sorts of different position to see what works, Elevating your hips helps because it brings the tip in the uterus forward to that it's not as tipped and therefore less painful. Still see your doctor obviously so they can examine you and determine what is wrong.