Women's Health Community
Pain and bleeding during and after intercourse
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain and bleeding during and after intercourse

About six weeks ago I was diagnosed with HPV and precancerous cells were found.  My Dr. said to return in 6 months for another PAP to see if it goes away, stays the same or gets worse.  Last week I began to have symptoms I thought were a yeast infection so I used an over the counter medication.  Last night was the first time I have had intercourse since last Thursday.  I had moderate pain and a lot of bleeding even though my cycle is not due for another week and a half.  Throughout the day today I have still had mild spotting and consistent pain toward my lower left abdomen.  When I called my Dr. I was told to wait and see if it happens again or gets worse and schedule an appointment if that is the case.  Given all of my past issues and recent events what would you recommend I do?