Pain during menstruation
As you can probably tell from my previous posts, I don't go to the doctor very much, though I do have an appointment this month. I have a question though, that I may bring up to her when I am there, but I just wanted to see if it is generally normal first or not. I don't really have anyone else to compare it too, since this is just not something I talk about at all with people face-to-face.

I've heard straight from health class in elementary school that menstruation isn't supposed to hurt, and others still say it now. Usually I know when it is about to start because the walls of the vagina burn when it is coming and last for about a day. Is that normal?

That is not the "pain" that I mentioned in the title though, I just thought of that now. I am wondering about pain during menstruation when urinating. After urinating sometimes (only during the period) it feels as though a knife is going right through way way up (it's probably the cervix area). It has been happening for years now (I am 22). It lasts for a minute or two, and during that minute or two it is so bad that it almost brings me to tears, and I can't move. It passes rather quickly though, and so I didn't think anything of it because I assumed maybe that was natural coming with the blood/shedding. I just started wondering a couple months ago, thinking maybe it isn't quite as normal as I thought it was. Any thoughts?
Ya i would go to the hospital, just to make sure. It doesnt sound very good especially if the pain is that severe. It could just be something minor but i would ask your doctor for sure ok.
Hey! By the way, sometimes i have that feeling too. Sometimes when i get my Moon, It feels like something is stabbing me. I know mine is just a normal period pain, but we are not the same, so just in case, bring it up next time your at the doctors. Mine has never made me cry although....
Sorry I am too lazy to scroll down looking for other posts of yours - but have you been diagnosed with endometriosis? That is a fairly common symptom - pain while urinating or defecating.

"Pain" during menstruation isn't particularly normal. Abdominal cramping, sure, but agony isn't good. In fact, most abdominal cramping can be eradicated through hormone balance. For the most part, now that everything is in balance, I don't get PMS, and I don't get menstrual cramping.

Even if you don't like it - do go see a doctor. If you have endometriosis, this is something you'll need to keep under control to maintain fertility.

actually severe pain during menstruation IS a part of endo. my sis has suffered for many years and many surgs because of it. the tissue grows outside the uterus. it can also adhere to other organs. im not saying you have this. im just letting you know about it. the pain can be very severe. it also can be painful when peeing. you can become constipated at this time another pain. it can hurt while having sex. ultrasounds wont find the diagnosis. only symptoms can cause for them to do a laproscopy (sp) and then they can find and clean it out. whatever your ailment is you have to be diagnosed soon to save your fertility. i have severe pain during my period. i could have endo, i just havent chosen the path of surg to find out for sure.