Pain in left ovary area
I have had this sharp pain in my lower left ovary area for about three days now.  The pain comes and goes and varies in range.  Sometimes it is very painful other times it is a dull pain.  There is no weird discharge.  Any idea what it could be?
One other thing, there is also pain/tenderness on my cervix area.
you may want to go to the doctor thats how my pain started out and i didnt have the money to go to the doctor and now a little over a year later i have a small cyst on my right ovarie with UNBEARABLE pain and no money to fix it so i would suggest to get it looked at and it may be something not to worry about you never know.
good luck
Are you nearing ovulation time?  Sometimes I get pain in left
ovary and in my cervix when I ovulate.  It sounds like you need
to put a call into your doctor's or GYN's office.  If it is an
infection, it needs to be treated with antiobitics.  Good luck!
You should see your doc cause there could be a chance u have a cyst on your ovaries.
I just came home from the doctors today. I was in Urgent Care last night and refered to have an ultrasound due to the same pain you have described. Turns out I have an ovarian cyst that is filled with blood instead of fluid. The doctors said there is really nothing they can do about it but to watch for worsening symptoms. If symptoms get worse for you definetly go in to see someone. Also watch if you develop a fever or vomiting. I hope this helps you a little. Chances are it is an overian cyst.
Thanks for posting this. I've been having the same pains lately.  I'm definately going to ask my doc about this! I don't want a cyst :(  

Are they bad?  Is it something that will go away?
i have a pain in my left ovary o bad and in my left leg it hurts so bad i had ultrasound done i had a 3cm cyst i went back 1wk later the doctor said it was gone but i am still having alot of pain .
I am having the same pains, that come and go... but this is CD30 something... and I have never Ovulated that I know of in my life... I have infertility problems... PCOS, hypothyroidism...
I have never had any cysts either... I wonder what it could be it just started today... its not so much pain that I Can't handle it... but its very uncomftable...
i am in so much pain for the past 2 days on my left ovary area and i am discharging clear fluid like i would when i am aroused but haven't has sexual stimulation in a week...whats wrong with me?
Ok i went to the emergency room like almost 2 wks ago because of suuden right lower abdominal pain. Well the doctor did pelvic ultrasound and a pelvic ct scan and more and still could not diagnose me. All she said was she thinks i had a cyst that ruputured but that she wanted my doctor to keep a close eye on my ovary. Well be like 2 weeks and im still having abdominal pain and my ovary is really sore. Any ideas? I also cant figure out that if the ultrasound was ok then why do i need to have my doctor keep a close eye on my ovaries? make any sense to anyone? Im only 24 so what all could be wrong?
I had a similar problem and I was in and out of the hospital ALOT. The doctor's could never find out what was wrong with me. They were trying to tell me that the pain was all in my head, this went on for year, at one point they even told me that I was no longer aloud to come into the emergency room for this problem anymore. This was after I was admitted to the hospital for pain control from my OBGYN. I woke up in the morning of my release with blood on my pillow and coughing up blood clots, and they told me that they could not figure out what was wrong so I was going to have to go home. A few prescriptions that consisted of, Percocet, Darvacet, Amoxicillin, Naproxen, Ibuprofen, Ranidin, and still no diagnosis. Finally after an excruciating year they found out that it had nothing to do with my ovaries or the cysts in them, but IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)the treatment worked for awhile but not forever. I still do not think that this diagnosis is correct, because I am still having the pain on occasion, as always. But like I said am not allowed to go to the doctor for this anymore.
I have been to the hospital on numerous occassions for ovarian cysts bursting.  The pain starts off sharp like a gas pain.  I usually hope it is at that point.  Then the pain comes in waves and gets worse.  I head to the hospital and it gets so bad I can't move at all.  I am in a ball in the bed with my head to my knees and can't even lay back down the pain is so bad.  Then when it gets to its worst, it suddenly stops.  The relief of it finally rupturing is euphoric.  Then I head home and pray it doesn't happen again.  I asked my obgyn if i have to go to the ER when this happens.   She said no.  She said to just call her for pain meds and I can stay home and let the pain pass.  It usually takes 2-3 hours.  The cyst bursting isn't anything to worry about.  Its just the pain that *****.  Thank goodness it goes away after a couple of hours!  

I hope that helps some people save trips and expense to the ER.  Stock up on pain killers and keep them on you.
i am 23 year old and have been having this infection in my cervix area from past 3 days. the doctor had given me some anti fungal medication and i am continuing them. from this evening i am having pain in my ovary area too. both left and right( though the pain in the left side is worse than the right). i had sex 3 weeks ago. are all these symptoms leading to something? i am really scared. the infection is bad and there is burning sensation which is unbearable.. plz help.
I had ovarian cysts during my entire adolescence, and how incredibly painful they were. Then I experienced an episode with no relief for days on end. I went to the ER and had an ectopic pregnancy! DO NOT WAIT TO GET THIS CONDITION EXAMINED BY A PROFESSIONAL! And I mean demand a sonogram because your life could be in danger.
I have been having 24-7 chronic ovarian pain on left side for 2 months and 1 week. I am 55. My mom died of ovarian cancer at 58. My obgyn is doing a complete hysterctomy on April 8. (a 5 week wait for surgery). I am planning to go to a Gyn Onc for a 2nd opinion..since I am in constant pain and its getting worse...sleep is a problem. The reason I am going for 2 nd opinion is because if I have ovarian cancer, 5 weeks could make a big difference. The pain is giving no indication of letting up. I do have low back pain on the left side. My obgyn did not do ulta sound, ct or even a CA125. He understands that the pain is getting worse but, do to scheduling and hospital conflicts he cannot operate any sooner on me. Is there any thing else that this could be beside ovarian cancer? I haven't noticed bloating, I haven't noticed constipation, I do have frequent urination...but have had that for at least 5 years. My main struggles seem to be left ovary side pain, and lower left back pain. I have to be honest and say that I am very worried.
ive had pains like this for about 6 months, and last night it got realy bad and i got sick too, so i went to the doctor today and he thinks it might be irritible bowel syndrome because ur bowels are in more or less the same place. When i went home i looked on the internet for the symptoms of irritible bowel. and yes some of the symptoms are the same, but im not fully covinced because when i done a search for pain in left ovary i read all the syptoms and it sounds to me that i have cysts on my ovary.So i am very clad that he put my on a list for a scan..no matter what pain it is or if it stops and comes back again always go to the doctor, i was afraid to go incase it was something really really bad, but now i am so glad i did i feel more at ease now....
Ovarian Cysts Symptoms

Usually ovarian cysts do not produce symptoms and are found during a routine physical exam or are seen by chance on an ultrasound performed for other reasons. However, the following symptoms may be present:

•Lower abdominal or pelvic pain, which may start and stop and may be severe, sudden, and sharp

•Irregular menstrual periods

•Feeling of lower abdominal or pelvic pressure or fullness

•Long-term pelvic pain during menstrual period that may also be felt in the lower back

•Pelvic pain after strenuous exercise or sexual intercourse

•Pain or pressure with urination or bowel movements

•Nausea and vomiting

•Vaginal pain or spotty bleeding from the vagina

•Infertility
I have pain in my left ovary area and it hurts to breath like a dull pain and when i press it hurts as well. i have mirena and have been worried if maybe i could be preg. but idk i just know the pain is so discomforting
I am 21yrs old I just notice a small lump in my ovary area , Im discharging clear fluids as if it was sexual stimulation ,n I been feeling nausea, sleepy, n I been very hungry lately
I have sharp piercing pain in my left lower abdomen. I have one child but I can't seem to get pregnant again. Have been trying for over a year now. What could this be
What are you waiting for?  Go to the emergency room like all the undocumented people do.  If it's painful and you go to the emergency room the HAVE TO treat you.  Then, when they send you the bill, you apply for the program that pays for hospital bills if you can't afford it.  My daughter, 24 and unemployed, spent a whole day in the ER and 5 more in the hospital.  This program paid something like... $40some thousand.
Hi I have had shap pains and burning sensation when I lay face up @ night to .. I have been experiencing for 2 weeks now and I just had my period 2 weeks ago. I know that it's a possiblity it could just be ovulation.. But I also was thinking maybe pregnancy because I had unprotected sex likey a dummy for my fist time 4 weeks ago and I got a pregnancy test and it came back negative .. But the pain in my back by my kidneys comes and goes and it hurts I am recently ovulating and I am wondering could this be ovarian cyst or could this be ovulatio while I'm pregnant is this possible and I dnt have any pregnancy symptoms at all I had frequent urination one night really bad but I read that could have been because of ovulation
iam 19 years old i have sevear pain my left ovary lost 3 days and conform my pregnency also in my ovary gland lymphonoids are incresed my condition is very critical ur answer is very important to me plz
I have ibs but have been having pain in my left side. I have also started gettin a pain near my left bum cheek and inside my vagina as if there is a gland thats swollen. I am awaitin a doctors appointment but as I am only 23 I worry it may affect me having kids in the future.
Has anyone else have anything like that? Your advise would be much appreciated ! Thanks
I recently found out about that program, so as advised by my doctor i went to the er. I am 22 and have been having lower left abdominal pain of and on for 2 months. I went to the er. They did a pregnancy test, cbc, ultra sound, pelvic exam and a ct scan. They found nothing. The er doc ending up writing me a prescription for a 3 day antibiotic and some pain pills. I have been having regular bowel movements. urination has been normal. i have not had my period since july, but everything came back normal....
I have had plenty of ovarian cysts and some could be unbearble! I have went through gyno to gyno until I finally found one that I was comfortable with. I forget what the cyst was called but he said that the pain will get worse right before ovulation and it could continue until I go through the change of life. I have von wille brans disease so they don't want to operate!
It could be a yeast infection or something bacterial. I had a similar issue and It was a combination of a bladder infection and a yeast infection. You may just need antibiotics. I would go to the doctor so It doesn't get worse.
At least the undocumented people have an excuse for having no insurance, unlike your 24 year old, unemployed daughter who spent 5 days in the hospital and simply worked the "system" to pay her 40K bill.  This is a forum for advise on ovary pain not for your subtle hatred.  Relax on the comments girlfriend....
I am having a sharp pain in my left ovary and when my husband and I have intercourse I can not orgasm. I don't know what to do, any opinions/or ladies having the same issues?
hi i have been readind the posts on here and i have been going through this sort of pain for ten years they told me it was ibs and cysts but after 7 years they did keyhole to have a look and turns out i have stage 4 endometriosis and am waiting for appointment for Hysterecetomy. my point is the doctors dont have a clue and by the time they find the real cause you have a big problem.
I hope this is not the same for any of the ladys on here just thought i would let you all know.
Best wishes to you all
Sounds like diverticulitus
hey guys i read the comments i got the same pain it's a sharp stabby pain in my left ovary area ,i lost my other ovary due too a cyst enveloped my ovary it was  big as a football anyway im scared im getting a ct scan next week .wish me luck ....and dont let it go ,,,go get it checked guys ,you dont want to lose your ovary do you ???? if doc or er's just shoves pills at you dont fall for it get it out they can get real big as i have said mine ^ if the big one that took my right ovary had of bursted i could of gotten really sick !! GO GET CHECKED
For the past month I've had aching in my left ovary. Before my last period I have a lump that was marble sized where it hurt but it went away after a day. Since then I had sex twice. After the last time I had sex the bump and pain returned.. any advice?
I am twenty five with two kids..My fiancée and i are trying to conceive problem is i don't have regular periods and when i do its three months long...My left ovary always hurt.I have no idea what it could be...I've had cyst on my ovaries before but nothing major..What should i do....I have no medical insurance so i feel lost and helpless
I have had the same pain everyone is describing, im not sure weather it's an Cyst or not but something that may ease the pain for some of you would be to try using a heating pad, i found once i started putting my heating bad on my stomach it eased the pain alittle bit, it isnt gonna take all the pain away but it may help some what.
please let me know what happens with your case.  I too lost my mother to overian cancer when she was 65 int 2008.  I have a pain in my left overy and low back pain.  I went to my obgyn, the Nurse practicioner said possible overian cyst.  Thank you
Wow, scary to know thay all u have such pain also.. I was on iud (birth contro) for three years, always been irregular on periods.. Been off iud for four mnths now, had my period the very first month i took it off, its been three mnths now without periods, neg results, but started to feel  pain on my leyft side, feels like it's my ovary.. Havnt seen the doc yet. Any suggestions??
Have you considered gluten intolerance or celiac disease?  Sometimes it is misdiagnosed as IBS.
I awoke this morning with sharp stabbing/cramping pain on my left side down by my women area. I sometimes but not always get this pain once in awhile when i have heavy periods. I have not had a heavy period since i got the mirena (IUD). I get  light to spotting periods. Been like that for two years now.  I don't know what this pain is but it hurts and is very uncomfortable!! Its just my left side. Heat seems to be the only thing that keeps it sorta settled. I still have the pain but with heat it is a little bearable right now.  I had an ultra sound done two yes ago right before i had the IUD put in and there were no signs of cysts. What is this pain????!!!!!
I have this problem, have had it for years now but i suffer from reoccurring cysts on both my ovaries that dont go away, had surgery once already and suppose to have another. Unfortunately when you have surgery to remove them, they come back a few months later so you only have a small window of time with no pain and symptoms. Also, if it's not a cyst than the pain could be endometriosis, which i also have. It's what causes most my problems and most my pain, but they are unable to find it on an ultra sound the only reason they found out i had it was when they did surgery on me and could see it. If you had that though, it would cause alot of pain, irregular periods, worse cramps during your period and pain/bleeding during sex. So if you dont have any of that, it's most likely a cyst that ruptured. :( ***** being a girl eh lol so many female problems we have to deal with, and so much pain...
For the past three days ive been feeling lots of pressure around my left ovary . . Making it impossible to work . I almost feel like im straining ; in regards to standing straight or simply walking . At first i assumed my period had left and it was ovary pain , once the pain contiued i thought . . This pain is something ive never experienced . First day in experiencing this i was putting to much pressure , by tightening my belt . So i thought .. while bending down to clean the bottom table legs at my job . Thats when i got up quickly and the pain persisted . Day 2 was  mild . . I told myself if Day 3 is even MORE unbearable i would go to the emergency room , it has been .. when i eat food the pain gets to another level .. i looked up any suggestions on what it might be ; only to come up short . Please ! Help me .. or send me an inbox or note , id gladly appreciate it .
im 14 and this has been happening to me for bout 8 hours and it hurts so bad i have no idea what it could be i know it isnt cramps this is much sharper
I had pains like this for about 2 years. Sometimes the pain was bearable other times i couldnt even walk. I have mutipule tests and ultrasounds and nothing ever showed up. Eventually i had a laporoscopy done and tbey found adhesions(build up of scar tissue) around my ovaries and fallopian tubes. They dont show on any tests. But cause serious pain. And sometimes nausea. I hope this helped. If you cant find anything wrong and continue with pain. Push for a laporoscopy because other wise it can create hell for you. Trust me. Good luck!!
I'm 20 years old now and ever since I was 13 I had small ovarian cysts. I just had my first child 2 months ago and about a week ago I started experiencing very sharp uncomfortable pains near my left ovary could it be they have came back worse or a good chance that I'm just ovulating?
I have had severe left sided pain near my ovary that radiates down my left leg. It lasts on avg 10 days and I have to continually take anti inflammatories, non narcotic pain meds and apply heat continually to function. I have had ablation, d&c, hysteroscope to alleviate symptoms. I do not bleed anymore( no uterine tissue left I suppose. Yet I still have severe pain that has been recurring for over a year and has worsened since hysteroscope. Ultrasounds, labs say everything looks fine. My Dr says hysterectomy may be solution, HOW when Dr. cannot  find anything wrong?  Suggestions???
Did you have it?
I woke up this morning fine got ready for work, drove to work and like 5min in i had such a shrpe pain thet i was taking short breaths and couldnt walk if i so much moved my leg the pain got worse. im still at work trying to wait it out. i thin i might go to the hospital. i do hace ovarian cysts and in my breast... i dont know what to do any more!!!
I too have been having severe pain in the left ovary region which comes in waves and moves around my lower back area and lasts for anything from 10 Mins to a few hours then stops for weeks at a time. I went to hospital and I was prescribed a course of antibiotics in case of infection but was advised that it could be kidney stones.  The pain remained and after visiting my GP she put me on yet another course of antibiotics and arranged for an ultra scan that came back normal. I am now awaiting another hospital appointment for further gynaecological investigations. I will. Keep you posted!
I also have PCOS. PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. So yeah, you have cysts in your ovaries. There can be a few or there can be a classic case of them lining your entire ovary.
Who takes birth control ? And how long have you been on/off it for? I think this can something to do with birth control because I've never had this problem and I just started getting pain in my left ovary and I just started taking birth control like 4 months ago.
Question, I had sex two days before I became fertile, I'm having alotttt of pain in my left overie and some on my right, can I be pregnant or is it all in my head?
If it is filled with blood, it is endometriosis, I have stage 4 which is the most severe form. There is no cure so just keep an eye on the pain and ensure you get a good gyno. I have had one laparoscopy to remove bilateral ovarian cysts both about 4cm filled with blood, and one laparotomy to remove one major cyst 12cm large filled with blood.
*Ovarian cysts filled with blood= endometriosis
It's been 2 days I been having pain in my left area ovary and I would like to ask more questions please I'm little worried
I have also had pain in my left lower ovary area for about a week now. My sister has endometriosis and apparently it can run in families. I went to the doctors and they just told me I probably need more probiotics but this cramping is constant. Any chance I could be pregnant?
Find a different doctor. They work for YOU, so fire them if they can't do their job!
If you are willing to invest some money on your health I would recommend you to find a good Naturapath in your area and follow up the natural treatment instead. I would trust Orthodox medicine only on urgent cases such as surgary etc. after experiences a lot of bad stories with my GP, I would no longer trust them. You need to find someone who can listen you and not only try to fix problem temporary also look into the root of problem and how to fix it as well.
I keep having this sharp pain coming and going on my left side wear my ovary is. At times I also have a pain in my left hip at the same time. What could be wrong?