Pain in lower left pelvic/ovary area. Endometriosis? Cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For about 4 months, I have had pain in my lower left pelvic area -- near where I think the ovary would be.  I first noticed it during orgasm.  It caused a sharp pain on the left side.  Now, it feels uncomfortable everyday and when I press deeply on the area, it is very tender and painful.  Other than that, it feels like a dull ache.  For the first time this month, it seems to be getting a bit worse as my period gets closer, although I'm a week late now, which is weird because I'm definitely not pregnant (could just be the stress of thinking about this nonstop!).  The pain also seems to be radiating to my groin and a little down my leg.  

About a month ago, I had a pelvic ultrasound, which showed no abnormalities.  I've been doing research online and I'm now wondering if it could be endometriosis.  I am making another appointment with a new GYN, so hopefully I will get some answers.  It's scary because I'm 31 years old and hope to have kids someday.  Other than this issue, I don't have any health problems.  Has anyone ever had these symptoms?  Do you think it's endometriosis?  Or a cyst that the ultrasound missed?
I have endometriosis and get sharp shooting pains when ovulating.  I was also hospitalized a couple of times for severe SEVERE pain which turned out to be a ruptured cyst.  They can sometimes occur together but are not mutually exclusive.

it sounds like endometriosis and maybe a cyst too..i find out i had endometriosis when i was 10yrs old.does the pain come and go and some times it is a dull pain
i have left side pain around my pelvic area with sharp pains and my ovulation is really bad at times.i also have hair growing in weird places and hair loss and my weight is up and down.i have lower back pain and it is worst when i first wake up.i have low energy alot.
I'm starting to think I have this too.  I don't know, but I am having some of these symptoms in the last 6 months.  :(  I don't know why they are just now showing up, but they are.  When I was  teen, I used to get the most horrific periods and I'd faint bc the pain was so severe.  I used to miss school, almost the whole week my period was here.  Anyways, were you ever diagnosed with  endo?  Please write back and let me know.  I'm really frustrated.  I went to the ER, and they said it looked like a cyst had ruptured, and i had a uti, they prescribed me an antibiotic for it.  But a few months later I was having pains again, so I went back to the doc and they said I had a uti again, so I got another antibiotic.  Well I called today bc I'm feeling the urgency to pee again, and wanted to get some more pills and they said my UA culture came back negative and I never had a uti.  So not only do I have pains in my ovary area, I have urgency and frequency to pee and most of the time it's not alot at all.    Frustrated.  :(
I have been dealing with the same issues for almost two years now. It started with a 5cm cyst, which they removed. They said that everything else looks fine.  The pain came right back after the surgery and they tell me it could not be endo because they didn't see anything. I don't get my period anymore and I just have pain as if I were in labor for 5 days. I have seen other doctors and they cannot figure out what is going on as the tests are coming back normal. I have had several ultrasounds and other examinations and have done the lupron shot for six months. The pain was gone for the first three months of the shot and I thought finally, but then the pain slowly came back in the forth month and fifth month and now is constant and getting stronger. Please let me know if you find out any information as this pain is ruining my life and family. I have four children in which I can't enjoy as I am in constant pain.