Pain in upper left side of abdomen...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pain in upper left side of abdomen...

For about a month now I have been having a sharp pain in my upper left hand side of my abdomen. It stays pretty much in the front and on the side, not really going to the back. It is a sharp and intense pain. I feel it more when I am laying down on the side, coughing, or moving around a lot. I have not had any recent injuries to that side or anything. It hurts really bad and for me to be saying that means it actually hurts. It is also feverish, tender to the touch. I did have my gallbladder removed in October of 2006. What could be causing this pain and what should I do?
Chronic lung infection, spleen, something to do with your intestines?  It's probably an infection of some sort and you probably need antibiotics.

Go to the doctor.