Pain left and right side around rib cage

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me. I am having this pain on my left and right sides near the rib cage. It first started on my right side, and now it is on both side. Not usually continuous, but off and on, one side or the other, sometimes both at the same time. I have no idea what it could be. It has been going on now for over 6 months. I have had a abdominal ultra sound, and endoscopy and they were normal. I have the pain if I eat or don' t eat, so food does not aggrevate it. It is a dull pain.

I am at the end of my rope and don't know what to do. If you have any idea to what it could be please help me. Also I just had blood work done and my labs were normal except for TSH, level was off a little. Everything thing else was within normal range. Liver and kidney function was fine. Please give me some ideas, please help. Also suggest the type of doctor I should go to.

Thanks,
Vanasdale
Hi, sorry to read about your pain.

While it could be something else, it might be Fibromyalgia. A Rheumatologist can help you here. I've gone through such aches & pain that slowly spread to palms, ankles back etc.

Rib age felt like someone had beaten me up! A deep breath makes you feel each muscle you never thought about in the past! There are meds to help.

Some level of slow stretching also helps. Learn a few from an Occupational Therapist would be best. My best wishes!
Thanks so much...I will definitely look into it.
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
15 mins ago
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
23 mins ago
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals