Pain starting 2 weeks after Novasure
18 days ago I had tubal ligation and Novasure ablation.  My abdomen was sore for several days and I had a watery pink/brown dishcharge which seemed to slow down after 10-12 days.  Except for the sutures I felt fine.  I had my 2 week follow up appt with my doc, who did a pelvic exam.  Since then I have had constant mild-moderate "cramping" and a bloated pressure feeling low across my abdomen from hip to hip.  Also, discharge became more red and am having some small mucous dishcarge now.  I don't have a fever, but the pain is really bothersome, though not debilitating.  It almost feels like gas pain with bloating, though I've had normal bowel movements.  I'm concerned I could have an infection.  Discharge is somewhat smelly, but not as bad as the first few days.  This is my fourth day with this new pain.  Does it seem normal?  How long should I wait to call my doctor?  Thanks, Jolene
I had Nova Sure done in Oct of 2009 b/c I had heavy, painful periods. Due to my schedule the doc recommended I do the ablation instead of a hysterectomy. Well, for the first year and 3 months...NovaSure was the best thing I had ever done. No pain, no cramping, no period, However in Jan of 2011 the pain started...and I mean pain. Went to a doc who told me it was not pain in the female area and I got diagnosed with IBS and then he performed surgery on me...to explore the issue...and he found nothing. So, pain continued and he basically told me he was through with me and sent me to another doc, who said...oh yeah it's just IBS...gave me meds 4 it...and sent me on my way. Then I went to the ER and they said I had thickening of the Uterine Wall and fluid in my uterus...and they gave me meds...and said abdominal pain is tricky...and sent me to another doc...who said...hmmmmm I don't know what it is...and we may never know..So I went to another doc(gyno) who said your pain is unreal...how are you dealing with this. I have never seen anyone in so much pain. I was literally screaming in his office in pain. He discoverd a mass of tissue in my uterus and referred me to his friend who is a gyno surgeon who told me this is not uncommone in paitients that have had Nova Sure. So now I am getting a hysterectomy soon! Tissue shed in my uterus and has built up. Pain is unimaginable...I take advil, tylenol, percocet, hydrocodone..you name it and it is USELESS to me. If I had to be in pain like this the rest of my life I would rather die. Pain starts in LRQ of abdomen and twists and contracts until it moves over to middle of pelvic region into back and down legs..and then LLQ. IT IS ISANE PAIN that lasts for hours and sometimes days with no relief. DO NOT HAVE NOVA SURE done. It will ruin your life.
I found a study online that had 100 participants who had novasure done.  Of those 100, 17 had a tubal done at the same time. The only patients with problems were the ones that had a tubal at the same time as the novasure and all 17 had experienced problems.  I had both done and feel like I have contractions in my uterus and constant pain on both sides.  If you are experiencing the same symptoms and had both performed at the same time maybe we can get some representation because back in 06 I was told it was perfectly safe to perform both procedures at once. And obviously it isn't!
I had the ablation done in Oct, 2010.  I was told it was picture perfect. I too had had persistant bleeding for approximately 4 months prior.  After the ablation, I continued to bleed, rather heavily until February when I stopped completely.  I was so relieved and thought I was good to go.  Then in June, I had a extremely painful episode, below my belly button, more prominient on the right side all the way thru to my back, but no bleeding.  It lasted for about 3 days then was gone.  In July, the pain was so severe, my husband was taking me to the ER, as I stood up there was a sudden gush of blood, and the pain stopped.  The next month, the same thing. Excruciating pain, that Advil did not touch.  I called my gyn and they said to take more Advil, and come to the office the next day.  They recommended an ultra sound that I had to wait 2 weeks to have.  They did give me some Vicodin, but you can't be productive and take it.  I had the ultrasound that showed fluid in my uterus.  My Dr. recommended that we schedule a D & C. I had asked about just having the hysterectomy as I had already spent thousand on the ablasion, but my doctor felt the D & C would do the trick.  I had the D & C 2 weeks ago, and starting today, the pain is back.
I had mine done completely seperate from a tubal...and let me tell you I feel like I am in labor nearly everyday. I just went to the doc and had another pricey ultrasound done and they said that many women continue to have periods after the procedure but the scar tissue causes the cervix to seal shut and what little bit of a cycle you have gets trapped inside of you....and over time the pain gets worse....b/c there is more fluid trapped inside. Therefore, your body does all it knows to do....to try and get rid of it. CONTRACTIONS!  I can't beleive that we are all going through. This was supposed to help, not hurt us. All of my fellow ladies out there. This is rediculous....we should not have to deal with this pain. Worst of all it is reallllllly difficult to get a doc to listen to you. Lets all stay updated on this.
runtoo i finally after 5 long long years is  since 06 i have found a doctor who is going to help me get  a hysterectomy he will have a urologist there to see what needs done  dont give up trying to find answers no one should ever have to live this way  sheila
I had Nova Sure a year and a half ago. Before it, I I had severe clotted bleeding, lower back pain, and really bad migraines. Not to mention staying in bed with a heating pad for days at a time. As soon as I had t he procedure, I felt ten times better. I had some bleeding like a light period, turning to the brownish discharge that lastest for about two weeks. Other than that, my symptoms have completely resolved.

About 5 months ago, I started gaining my spare tire that I cannot get rid of. In addition, I have swelling around my abdomen that I have never suffered from before. The other thing is I have become extremely gassy. I went in for a colonoscopy because of the gassyness and pain I thought was associated. Nothing out ofthe ordinary was found and told that I have IBS. Just hte last month I have had sharp stabbing pain intermittently just to the left of my belly button. I went in for a vaginal ultrasound that they said showed fibroids or a adenomyosis. Which is basically what I had before the oblasion. Now I need an MRI. Not sure what to think but I am super worried now about  the other posts. I was trying to avoid a total hyst because of the HRT drugs and side effects. Really bummed now :(
runtoo was suppost to have a constalation  for hysterectomy but gyn says cant be my proublem i told her read all these wants keep doing the same test  ultrasond peliv area uterus and gallblader  how long does everyone have to suffer just had a pap test 6 11 11 now today 10 25 11 had another one i see why everyone gets discourage why wont anyone listen dont they hear how much pain we live in each everyday wanted to do another urin culture i wouldnt let her all oher ones come back saying contaimuated get kidney infections all the time right side pain never goes away urin looks like pus in it ive tried since 06 to get help for myself everything wears me out  if anyone could tell me what i need to do  im all out of ideas i was so bad sat i was readdy to go to emergency room this is very bad bad pain it feels like blood traped in uterus  feels like a poisoning  i know our pain is real im tired being told i dont drink enough water it dont help today i got asked why i take pain pills dau for pain most days dont even help isaid i lay ice day night oh that helps yea when you dont burn your side from the ice doctor should be reporting what they find i am so tired of getting the run around this is my 4 gyn  or more  4 0r more urlogist  and alot of doctors and i have gotten no where sheila
I had the novasure procedure done on 10-24-11 for heavy bleeding, I thought this would help, The first day I was so sick, labor pain cramping, throwing up, then the pain went away and the light bleeding I had stopped, then yesterday I started cramping so bad, if felt like I was having another baby and a gush of blood came running out and lasted 15 minutes and then stopped. Today I am having alot of cramping and pain on my left side and every now and then in the middle of my abdomen. I saw my doctor on saturday 10-29 who told me she thought I was over the worse part and things will get better, but they do not feel like they are getting better, If this pain does not stop I will be going back and asking for a hysterctomy, I feel like I am having a baby all over again.
had hysterscopy, D & C and Nova Sure Ablation on Oct. 20 2011.  Easy as pie, heavy bleeding stopped BUT AT TEN DAY CHECK UP ON 11/1/11 dr said pathology report shows endometrial cancer, grade one but must do full radical hysterectomy because ablation may have disturbed things.   Also will need radiation.   PLEASE HAVE BIOPSY BEFORE YOUR ABLATION!!!
I had a Novasure procedure less than three weeks ago. Everything have gone wrong. To begin, less than two days after the procedure, I began running a fever of 103* with severe back/stomach pains that required me to go to the ER. I continue to have a discharge (b/c I don't know if it is a period or a discharge) that is brownish/ reddish with a foul odor. I still have ab pains so severe that I've had to take time off work, which was the reason for having the Novasure to treat my heavy painful periods. I am terribly exhausted, more than previously. Novasure has made my life a living nightmare. Please post information about class action lawsuits. This product needs to be banded before others experience this awful situation.
I had the novasure procedure done on 11/18/11  for heavy bleeding I had been bleeding for 3 years without stopping I also had to have a blood transfusion because of the lose of blood. the day I had the procedure done I woke up with cramps but had allot of pain meds so dident feel that bad. about 2 days after I started in with the worse cramps I have ever had  The pain was first in my lower pelvis and pressure on the rectum it makes me cry it feels like I have to poop and I cant there's not much blood at this time but then I big blood clot will come out with allot of blood the cramps just don't go away I have been in bed with a heating pad all week Today the pain moved to my whole lower abdomen with  pressure on the rectum still I dont know but it just dont seem right to me. I was reading on some of your storys and one stood out posted by
Yetanotherwoman I was thinking it might be that the clots are blocking the blood from coming down I called my doc on monday the 21st of Nov he said cramping was norm but today is Friday the 24th day after Thanksgiving and I am still in so much pain should I still be in allot of pain you think I should call my Doc back?
Finally, I found a doc who listened to me. He said that I need to have a hysterectomy to prevent my complications of the novasure procedure. I am scheduled for surgery on Dec 20th. I cannot wait! I feel sooo bad for all of you ladies that are suffering along with me. We thought we were gonna be in better shape by opting for Novasure...but instead we have all ended up spending a lot of time hurting and a lot of money going from doc to doc, xrays, exams, ER visits, additional surgeries and procedures...and so on. I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery for your situation. Keep looking there are doctors out there that know about the downside of uterine ablation. Prayers to you all.
I had the Novasure April 2007 and 3 years of bliss. I thought it was the best thing ever and then the cramps and bloating started for the past 18 months I have been to the ER 4 times and had multiple CT scans and ultrasounds. The tech asked me" oh did you have novasure?" I said yes and she said she is seeing this more and more a few years after. Severe adenomyosis and the only treatment is hysterectomy. I am scheduled for December 16th. Davinci surgery. Am scared to death. This is my 14th operation in 7 years as I am a breast cancer survivor, but I live on percocet to help control all the pain. Cramps, bloating, legs throbbing, nausea and vomiting and very emotional.  It is so aweful!!!  I have nearly passed out from the pain. I do not recommend Novasure. It is the reason I am in this much pain!! DONT DO IT!!
I too had novasure done in 2006. I have had a few issues along the way that my gyn just dismissed. Now, I have severe stomach cramping, to the point that I break out in a sweat, followed by vomiting and/or runny bowels. I have had several tests ran to rule out other things but it all keeps coming back to this novasure matter. There are so many blogs & women suffering from all of the same issues that it is clear...novasure is not all it's cracked up to be. The trouble is...I haven't found a doctor yet to admit there is a problem. The last gastro that I saw wanted me to see a shrink because he thinks this is all in my head. I don't know what to do or where to turn but seeing everyone else's story tells me I am not as crazy as I feel at this point.
I had my NovaSure Ablation in Feb 2011 and although I have not bled any longer and the abdominal pain has decreased significantly, I am having excruciating lower back pain. I had a fall 2-3 years ago and did injure my back and hip along with my shoulder and thumb, but I am wondered if the pain is worse now because of the ablation? has anyone had lower back pain after this procedure?
I am so glad I found this site, I had my Novasure procedure about a month ago and had no problems at all, 1 day of light spotting and that was it. Now however it is a month later and time for my normal period. I am not bleeding at all but am having the severe pain and cramping that everyone is describing. I called my OBGYN 3 days ago only to have the nurse tell me this is normal. I just called and left another message because this is NOT normal. I had heavy and painful periods before Novasure but this pain is different and worse and now after reading here I am very concerned.
Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and I hope you all find a pain free solution! Merry Christmas.
I would like to thank you all for the posts. I was considering doing this proceedure but after reading all your posts it  changed my mind. Hoping everyone feels better, good luck!
Ive been having ALL the symptoms everyone here is describing. Been going through hell for the past three months. Six months to the day Ive been in horrible labor type pains as well when my period would supposed to roll around. I spot..the pain in unreal..went to ER and of course they look at you like youre crazy. Went to a new ob/gyn who said prob an infection..gave me meds..did nothing. Looked up Adenomyosis and this is it. They want to do a hysterectomy.uterus only. My only option. This is so depressing. I too have had the bloating, feel swelling..odd symptoms..all since this surgery..WHICH I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!! DO NOT DO IT !!!!
I am wondering how informed many of the folks on this forum were prior to their procedures.  My MD gave me the option of a hysterectomy or Novasure.  We went with the Novasure with the understanding that if it didn't work then my next option would be a hysterectomy.  So far so good, though I am only one month out from the procedure.  My doc made it very clear that the only thing this would help with was the heavy bleeding and that it would do nothing for the cramping and other problems that I had monthly due to endometriosis.  I can no longer take birth control pills due to a blood clot in my lung so I was running out of options. She also explained the risks (to include many of the complaints listed here) and that typically a hysterectomy would be advised for any of these complications. The Novasure was painless and really only took one day out of my life.  Definitely worth trying before a very invasive surgery.  If I have increased problems in the future then the next step is to pursue the hysterectomy.  Give this a try- if it does work you will be so glad that you did it.  If it doesn't then you will know that you tried everything prior to a hysterectomy.  For the folks that said they didn't need a hysterectomy prior to this procedure- If you were not having severe problems with your cycles then you were not a candidate for the procedure to begin with!   Do not base your decision on reading forums alone- talk to your doctor about your concerns.  Keep in mind that the majority of people that have a successful outcome never post on a forum, but that every person who has had an actual or perceived problem does.  Talk to your doc about the actual risk and you will get the most accurate and current information.  
After reading some of the posts on this forum, I'll be honest, it scared the hell out of me a little.  I'm a 38 year old mother of three...my youngest is 10 months old...and I have a consultation in a week to discuss Novasure.  Reading what you posted...it's nice to have someone say something positive and informative...rather than negative and full of fear.  I have had two friends have this procedure done back in 2007 with success so this option seemed very positive to me...considering a hysterectomy is my only other option.  Thanks for the great post.  It has helped a lot!
Any answers?  I'm having the same thing!
I have to agree with margaretRN. My doctor explained all of this to me before he would even let me say I was considering the procedure- including the must have hysterectomy if the incident occurs. I had the Novasure done a couple of days ago in the doctors office. He gave me 2 Valium and 2 percocet to take 1 hour before. I do not normally ever take pain meds besides an aleve and after these meds my procedure was a breeze. I did throw up some later on, but we think it was because I had not eaten and was not use to those meds. Besides that I have only had some slight discharge for the past few days. My advise - ask, ask, ask and if your doctor still throws out that medical dictionary of terms, ask him to draw you a picture. Write down all your questions and take them with you and get them answered beforehand. I have had quite a few people I know have this done (the longest with the Novasure was around 4 years ago I think) and all have been with great results.  
I had the uterine ablation done in Dec2010 .I have had nothing but problems,every month I bleed for 3days then I have this brown discharge for aboutt two weeks,my stomach stays bloated for 3weeks out the month, causing my back to have severe pain,I feel like im in labor constantly no pain meds work.Does anyone know pain relief for this cause im outa things to do.
I had the procedure in 2007 because of extremely heavy, painful periods. My procedure was done under general anesthesia as outpatient surgery. I had a lot of pain for a couple of days, but was fine after that. Nothing some Percocet couldn't handle. Prior to surgery, my periods had started to last for 2 weeks.  Since the surgery, they last 3-4 and are light. Having had periods that lasted 8 days since I was 13, 3-4 days is great though I'd prefer to have been lucky enough to have no period at all. I have not had any problems or complications to date.

I had my novasure done in 2008 and never had another period again, however, the last several months I started having menstrual cramps once month.  But for the last 2 months I have had severe, debilitating cramps non-stop.  I have read several comments and yours is the one that most resembles what I have been feeling.  I have not yet talked to my dr. about this but was searching for some answers for the pain.  Thank you and I KNOW this is not in your head, there are too many of us experiencing the same or similar problems.
Since your procedure how are things ACUTALLY going? I am only 1 month out and have had my first menses since Novasure which was pretty light. Only problem is daily spotting and some cramping. Not sure where this issue may lead with reading all the horror stories posted. I too was well informed and even contacted NovaSure organization prior to having procedure . I just want some acutal facts as to how a person who has had this procedure prior to myself. Any unsual side effects?  LIbido issues? Bloated? Cramps more so than before procedure?  Each of us are different and will respond differently to the procedure I am just trying to get actual non exagerated response.
Jackie
Years ago when my kids were very young, I had what everyone thought was recurring yeast infections.  I was still breast feeding and my doctor even thought maybe I was estrogen deprived from that.  Turns out, after months of suffering, scraping off skin from horrible itching, which lead to more pain and burning, Diflucan meds, yeast creams, stopping breast feeding, using estrogen creams, through a biopsy it turned out to be lichen sclerosis.  Its one of those auto immune things, no known cause, no known cure. Its treated with  topical steriods but you have to be careful not to use too much. Maybe this is what you have. Go to a dermatologist if your gyn doesn't get it. At that time the only way to diagnosis it was a biopsy.  Good luck.
Thank you for sharing your stories. You have helped me make a decision.
I pray you all find relief for your pain.
I had the NovaSure with no ligation and I am having the exact same symptoms described by most women on this post.  EXTREME pain with my period (starts a few days before) in my lower abdomen and my back.  This really stinks.  For a year and a half I was wonderful........not worth it!
As I understand it this forum is for people to communicate regarding real symptoms, problems questions, etc.  I was very informed and had educated myself for months prior to the procedure.  I did go online and looked at forums such as this before I made the decision with my long-time doc to have the procedure. I was very happy with the results following the procedure.  I did have a period like my doc informed me I probably would, but it was very light and I had very little cramping.  I thought this is how "normal" was and what I had been missing for years!   I started having trouble over a year and half following my procedure. I wanted to know if others were having issues, and if what I was experiencing was "normal".  My doc did NOT say that I was a candidate for a hysterectomy prior to this procedure.  HOWEVER, he did say that I was a great candidate for NovaSure and I have to say that they are not one and the same.  Your symptoms can be much, much milder and your issues not nearly as severe to be a candidate for NovaSure and not even be in the discussion for a hysterectomy.  There is a big, big difference.  Now, I am positive that my doc who has been with me since he delivered my son 18 years ago is qualified and I trust him.  I don't know why so many people seem to have issues way after the procedure.  It seems like something that needs to be looked at.   And LeahNC, we can only post from our own experiences.  Our posts may seem full of fear to you because we ARE full of fear!  We are experiencing pain, a lot of it.  It is scary and miserable.  So you and Margaret should remember that people post on here BECAUSE they are scared and want to know that they are not alone not just to talk those of you who have not had the procedure into or out of it.  
i have had the novasure done june 19th, of course doctor told me no sex, baths, tampons or heavy lifting. went for my follow up and he said everything is minimal. but if it is minimal when will the bleeding stop. i get so sick of it. wishing i could where the tampons. hate the sanitary napkins. i feel like i was a teenager again with the icky leaking and all. have a little pain on the left side right now. my gf told me to wait like 3 more weeks. thinking this is worse than after having a child. seems to go on forever
I'm aware that every woman's reaction to this procedure will be different but so many of the complications on this post are so similar. I had the Novasure ablation with a tubal done in 2008 and had very few problems for years afterwards. Although it didn't stop my period, it did curb the heavy bleeding which gave me my life back at the time. Currently, my cramps and bleeding are so severe I take time off from work and can't leave bed. The bleeding lasts over a month at times. My GYN who is also a DO is unable to obtain a biopsy due to the severe scarring from the ablation and we've learned the procedure scarred my cervix closed with the exception of a pin hole. This is causing the blood to pool in my uterus until it lets go from the pressure. I now need a hysterectomy which I would've been happy to do instead of the ablation had I known the complications. If you're considering this procedure, please do your homework and consider the long term benefits and complications.
i had the nova sure done on july 16 2012 , and i have been bleeding since .it has slowed down to a light to to dark reddish brown but is still there .it is really driving me crazy and there is no sex life due to the blood . it has been 4 weeks and cramping and blooding and the dredfull pad .will it ever stop and is it safe to bleed this long .
I had the Novasure procedure done April 18,2011 along with a D&C and tuba-ligation. I went through the surgery just fine, had minimum cramping and had the discharge for about 4 weeks. I felt great after that and my periods have came to a total stop. Fast forward a year later, I am having bad pains in my uterus,ovaries that radiates down into my upper legs, lower back/tailbone area, groins and vaginal area. My breast also swells,becomes painful and hot feeling right around the time I used to have a period and I bloat like I'm 4 months pregnant! The pains seems to be present all month long but worse when I'm ovulating or right when I'm supposed to have a period. When the stomach pains first started I thought I had the stomach flu, but then the pains kept getting stronger to the point I went to the emergency room. While there they checked me for appendicitis, kidney, bladder, gallbladder and liver stones which all came out fine and they sent me home saying it was a stomach bug and I had no infection in my body. I got curious and started researching my pains on-line and was horrid to see that so many other women are having the exact same issues I'm having! I tried to call my primary care (old one now) and she couldn't see me till the second week of September so I went and got a new doctor I get to see on the 27Th. I can't go back to the OBGYN that did my surgery, his officer is no longer in my insurance's "network" and will only send me if I get a referral form my primary care. The only thing that brings me relief at the moment is a heating pad, Motrin and warm bath soaks. I also got into a discussion with a friend of mine that had the same procedure done in October. I lost touch with her for a few months and when I re-connected with her she was telling me that she had the opposite,she bled like a hog and had the exact same pains. Just like the rest of the women I have encountered and read on the blogs she had to have a hysterectomy on New Years day this year. I'm hoping that this new doctor will be able to shed some light on what's going on inside me, this pain is about to drive me nuts. I have no energy, I'm tired all the time, moody and I'm tired of feeling like this!
I AM EXPERIENCING all that and more.  

I had an ablation Oct. 2011 and around Christmas Time 2011 I started having all types of gastrointestinal issues.. Upper, Lower... the pain, down in the stomach area where my uterus is would be, was so bad that if I moved I felt like I was being stabbed.  My periods finally stopped completed in June 2012.   In August of 2012 the pain became so intense I passed out.  I've had an upper GI, an MRI, Radioactive die, and a colonoscopy.. all came back normal.  As I'm typing this I am having the intense pain that caused me to faint.   I feel like I should be having my period but I'm not.  I'm so bloated I can't eat.  It's HORRIBLE.  

I have an appt. with OB-GYN in Oct. and I'm going to ask him about all this.. I can't continue to function at work with this type of pain for a week out of every month.
I to had the novasure ablation and i;m experiencing cramps and pinkish brown watery discharge and spots of blood this has start a week after my surgery i got the surgry on sept 7 2012 and im still cramped up on my lower part of my abdomen like on the ovaries is it okay to be take mortin everyday due to the pain
I had the mine done on the same day along with a dnc and I have been filled with gas, but I haven't had a period yet and I don't know when it's suppose to come. It didn't come on the normal date that it use to come but I did get the symptoms. I think I'm going to try some Gas x to at least help with the gas pains.
I had this procedure done 05/07 here I am 10/12 and the reason I had the surgery has returned. When I bleed for my cycle- I BLEED! I stand up and drop clots... this is nuts. I can't get a dr to listen to me and none of them will even consider a hysterectomy. Ive gotten several second opinions. getting no where. ......

I had one dr tell me I needed the procedure again. I'm not going to be on the 5 year plan until I hit menopause..
If I had to do it again, I'd turn around and run!!!  I had this procedure done in 9/2006.  On 10/19/2012, I had a diag. lapro. done to fine the pain in my abdomen (I have to ad that I finally found a doctor that would do this, instead of telling me I was fine).  She found my entire uterus fused to my abdomen just below my belly button.  3/4 of my uterus was "fused" people.  Basically, my uterus melted into my abdomen, and that's what was causing my pain, inability to tolerate solid foods, back aches, leg aches, and excrutiating cramps for six years of my life.  I'm so angry, I lost six years of my life to this stupid procedure.  I say, "I lost six years of my life", because all I could do in those six years was lay around in agony, go to countless doctors only to be turned away, or I was told I had fibromyalgia, or they gave me anti-depressants, or they told me I need to see a shrink.  That's why I say I lost six years of my life.  I didn't have the energy to live life.  Between the pain, and lack of sleep, I felt horrible for six damn years.  If you are considering this procedure, please, please consider alternate routes.  You may become one of us, and then have to deal with constant pain, and a feeling of being uncomfortable for the rest of your life.  I am one of those people, and if I could turn back the clock, I would NEVER have done this procedure!!!!
I had my Novasure done in 11. And I have pain every day from it and bleed sometimes for 9 days in a row. *****!
I am having pain constantly after my ablation. Today for exampe.. Hurting and bleeding. I am uncertain of what my next step is.. but I feel as tho I may have a cyst on my right overay as for that's where I hurt the most. The pain is like waves of pain from my right side to my left side. and Motrin won't cut it. Neither will Vicoden. Going back to theGYN on Monday. Thanks for your insight! :)
I had the novasure procedure 12/23/12 and in May I have had very painful abdominal pain the pain is in my lower stomach & it cause me to have hot flashes when the pain is intense.
i had my ablation/hysteroscoy/biopsy done on the 7/7/13 as in would bleed from ovulation through to end of period  (roughly 2-3 weeks)... couldnt believe the pain when i woke up in recovery! Womb spasms for 6 hours....basically 1 HUGE contraction :( Kept in overnight due to pain and was allowed home next day with very strong painkillers which i took for 4 days. Usual discharge as others have mentioned but when my date was getting close for my next cycle i was hoping for no period. As usual came right on time...THE PAIN... very severe cramps, so back on my meds, leg cramps, headaches hot sweats and brownish smelly discharge for 4 days now light bleeding and bloating - I actually look about 5 months pregnant.  I wish i had insisted on the hysterectomy as i never had these issues before. I just feel like crying :(

I had Novasure in 2010, and in 2013, felt a popping sensation, and worst pain in my life is how I would describe it.  I am post-menopausal, but that has not prevented intense all day, all night anguish with labor-like cramps, bloating, diarrhea.   I don't ordinarily take pain medication, but 4 naproxen per day didn't touch it.   I've read other histories of morphine not helpful, and I believe it.  I spent 8 days in bed, and walk now like I'm an invalid.  A moment before it happened, I was running, swimming, gardening, the works, so why bother talking to an MD who is going to recommend a colonoscopy, cystoscopy or a psychiatrist?   I look 5 months pregnant, and believe that this procedure is promoted when a hysterectomy is probably most recommended.  With new health insurance upcoming, I'm going to consult an Asian health specialist about the damage this highly profitable procedure has doubtless done to my body.    
I am sickened by the trained sterile responses of Nova-Sure practitioners  and their trained office assistants towards women who have endured the unintended and untreatable internal fire of the decade's latest gynecology gimmick.  How many of these posts would be here 10 years ago?  It is a factory!  I am hoping there will be the momentary relief of a class action lawsuit.  
your symptoms are identical to mine.  did you have hysterectomy?
How are you doing since your Novasure?  I am wondering if you had anything else done at the time too.

I have heavy bleeding and anemia.  No other issues.

Brenna
hi Brenna1964. I have just recently had a novasure and have looked on here to find out why I am in so much pain. its been 2 weeks since my op and believe to try and sleep at night and to wake up in tears is getting so unbearable. through the day I have strong like period pains. bloating and still losing a watery blood that smells disgusting. I am having to change myself every or so because I can smell myself. its horrible. as for pain and bleeding calming down for my periods that as yet I cant comment but just praying that with what I have read that its not going to be the case with me because I had this procedure on advice from my gyni . I have has 2 c sections in the past as well as a appendicestomy and wasn't in half as much pain as I am in at the moment . Jackie
I had the NovaSure procedure done 8 days ago. My Dr told me that I was a great candidate for this procedure since I have had 24 periods in the last 8 months. ( they have always been bad, but worse in the past year) I am 41, have 3 children and have no desire to ever get pregnant again. Since the procedure, the only thing I have noticed is headaches every day (which i rarely get these prior), extreme bloating to the point my baggiest pair of jeans are super tight on me (I look 4-5 months pregnant) lower dull back-aches, a heavy brownish discharge and a very foul odor when I urinate. I have called my Dr's office and was informed by the nurse that these are all normal post-op symptoms (out patient at the hospital). Can anyone tell me if this will actually truly go away or will I just have to endure this??