Pain when i poop, and also sometimes bleed.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

this just started to happen 2 days ago. when i poop sometimes it hurts me, and also i sometimes bleeds. but the bleeding has happened only once. but it also happened one other time but it was only on the poop. is there something wrong with me. i need help. pleaz tell me what i can do. thanx
Red blood indicates tearing or chafing, so you should be fine.
I have the same problem.  The skin around your anus is very thin and tears easily.  If you have a bm and the "poop" is too big (tmi), it can tear the skin.  You might try a stool softener if your poop is too big.  Usually, I try not to push it out which is usually the reason it tears, and let it come out on its own, which is usually smaller, I don't bleed.  This gives the wound time to heal.  You should be fine, I'm fine and this happens to me all the time.  Good luck!
I have that happen a lot. All my life actually.  I told the doctor and they said it is irritable bowel syndrome caused by stress.  Not sure if that is what you have or not but I would suggest going to a doctor just in case.
haemarrhoids can cause bleeding during BM. Drink more water, eat more fibre (fruits and veggies).Red blood indicates trauma/bleeding near the anus.

If it's dark/black coloured stool (not attributed to iron supplement intake), this indicates bleeding further up the intestinal tract-often a dangerous sign.
if its hemorroids (hemorrhoids) you can take a little bit of a laxative to soften the stool.  see the doc if anything changes in color or is out of the norm.
I did this after I had my son. I went in to the Dr. cause it got worse. I had an annal fissure. They are treatable. I don't remember what I did that was almost 11 yrs ago.
I have a hemerooid at the moment and it was fine at first, but lately it has hurt to 'poop' also.  It tears when I do and causes a small amount of blood when I wipe. I am not worried about it, it is annoying more thatn anything.

It doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary so i wouldn't worry about it if I were you!

I had the same problem and went to a colon dr. and believe it or not, he told me that there is enough fiber in one baseball-sized apple to keep your system running as it should.  "...an apple a day..." really is true.  It has worked completely for me, and I don't enjoy taking medications, so this was great for me.
I have the same situation. I'm a 17 years old boy and I have the same thing. Everytime I poop, it hurts and it bleeds a little. The blood is bright red. I don't know what to do. I don't really care about the pain during the poop, as much as I do for the pain AFTER I poop. It hurts for a couple of hours then it fades away. Could it be hemorrhoids? Or is it something else.

When they have to poop, everyone is relieved, but me? I just hope it doesen't hurt to much. LOL

Any ideas?
If you have any ideas, please e-mail me at ***@****! Thank you so much...
fattonn (at) live (dot) com
same with me! its only a little blood on the tissue thats red! but it kills comming out and for like an hour later! i'm sick and tired of not having a normal bowl movement! and dont wanna see a doctor! i've tried eating more friuts and veggies.. but nothhing changed! its just to big/ hard to come out without killing!!!
it happened to me lastly, i have like 3 days pooping and when it happens, i feel like if my anus went broke or something, then i feel pain, and when i clean it, i can see some of blood, i started to drink some laxants to make poop soft
i have the same problem its happened only three times but like two or three weeks apart. my poop is to big and it hurts when i go. it tears my skin and makes me bleed, and hurts after for about 30 minutes.

I'm trying to eat more fruits but i don't like veggies. I don't want to go to the doctor but i don't know what to do if this doesn't work. Please help! Anyone!
My problem is different I bleed almost all the time I poop. My poop is hard and I have to push alot and it heard plus I bleed alot please help me with your tips.
now my poop don't really hurt when I poop it's been green lately with some bright red blood...what do you think it could be...help
I had the same problem  I started drinkg more water this week and I haven't had any paid or bleeing whatsoever!!!!!!!

It worked for me!  I go for my physical in the middle of Sept and I'm going to mention it to my Dr just to be on the safe side.
rectal bleeding could be chrons disease, cholitis, ulcerative colitis, hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) and more dont iggnore this symptom
well my poop does not bleed its just way to big.
im only 19 i have had the same problem for several months i have been on 3 different types on laxitives and they have worked my poo is alot softer but i am still constantly bleeding i can go toilet and it doesnt hurt but when i wipe the blood it terrible the water in the toilet is just RED i have been to my doctor several time and every time they jus wanna do tests but it aint rele helping i am also getting rele bad stomach pains and i dont no weva this is linked. i had a fissure when i was younger could it be that again or something different? as stomach pains have only been recent
i have this problem also. when i for a poo it really hurts and bleeds occasionally, sometimes it is just on my poo but sometimes the water in the loo turns bright red. My docs just keep giving me a liquid laxative which is not helping, the laxative sometimes also makes me feel sick. i have also tried stool softeners, these work but only sometimes. The pain is awful and gets me down. Please help!!!
i'm fifteen and i've got that same problem pooping hurts a lot and i often see blood on the poop and sometimes on the paper. my poop is also too big and it hurts when i try to push it out...i don't know what to do and i dont wanna see a doctor please help...
The same with me, I dont know what it is im 13
gosh it freakin hurts i wish i could just take a **** like everybody else i used to enjoy them now its hell! ive been on a diet drinking more water and eating more veggies and thats when this all began! once i seen blood after i wiped but that was just once, but all the time its way to big and just feels to painful to push out feels like splinters are diggining into my *** man i hate this so much my bf always txt me and says hes taking a **** lol and im like damn wish i could enjoy my terd :( i will try to drink 8 glasses a die and a few apples hope this helps me i really really hate it
ok just about every  time i poop there is blood & some times it hurts on my right side when i poop along with blood!!but i also don't go regularly but every time is not a struggle!! HELP ME : (
I have had the same problems for pretty much my whole life.  Hemoroids are an enlarged blood vessel (caused by a clot) around the anus.  Sometimes this ruputres and causes blood in the stool.  You would know if you had a hemorroid, they hurt like hell.  They can be surgically removed (hurts more than anything I have ever experienced). The best option is to take your time chewing and dont eat large meals at one time.  Try Activa (it actually works), drink a lot of water, eat leafy vegetables, no dairy or red meats.  Take a vegetable laxative daily (not as harsh as a standard laxative). Caffine is really bad for your too!   Good luck!
Me too... lately ive been talking a sh*t and it hurts alot, but its not like if its really big or anything. Every time I do it hurts and i start bleeding, My toilet water turns red everytime, and when i wipe its bright red as if i where in my period.. I have been taking birth control.. i dont know if this has anything to do with it.. Please help.
I've been having the same problems for 10 days now, it hurts like hell when I poop and even more after I poop. When that happens you HAVE TO go to the doctor. I went there once and they told me they had to do Rectoscopy. Which means that they will put a metal tube up my A**..... I was REALLY scared, knowing it hurts SO MUCH just to touch that area, but I had to suck it up, because the desire to know what the hell is wrong was bigger than my fear. I just came back from the doctor and as I expected it WAS THE WORST pain of my life, having to take that tube, I was biting on my shirt so I wouldn't chip my teeth. But they were able to see inside and it turns out I have a 1/2 inch tear on the inside, from hard stool. They gave me 2 different antibiotics, 2 creams and 1 pain medicine. I know it will be a while until I start feeling better, but MAN, I feel like a hero!!!!
Billy, Macedonia (The Balcans-)
i'm only 13 years old, and almost every time i poop its hard and a little too big.... when i wipe there a lot of bright red blood on the toilet paper, and some on my butt..... please help.! i don't know what to do, and iv'e been reading the comments and a lot of people are saying stuff about hemeroids.? i dont know what that is yet so can you explain them please.?
Everyones problems here are caused by not drinking enough water and not having enough Fiber in their diets. try the Fiber 1 Tables if you don't eat many food with high fiber or eat some grain bars with whatever you have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Poop that is too big wont hurt if it is softened, so just increase your fiber and water intake and try a softener. :)
Oh my goodness, me too. When i poop it hurts so much like splintters...i hate going poop now. when i wipe its a little blood.  i try to push it out slowly but it still hurtsssss...i will try the stool softener now, thanks.
i ususally have a little blood when i poop. it just shows up on the toliet paper a few spots, its pretty bright colored but with everything im reading on here, its not to extreme and it could be tearing cuz its often hurts when it comes out. but today i went and there was alot of blood, and it wasnt just on the paper it actually made the toilet water red, and im like really scared (it almost made me wanna cry cuz idk what to do), i dont have insurance at the time so i dont wanna go to the hospital and pay a fortune, plus im a little embarassed to even tell anyone.
someone please help me out?
and just to add. i drink mostly water all day. maybe once or twice a week ill drink a soda or juice, but im pretty sure i have enough fiber. i eat pasta alot, its one of my favorite foods, but i also dont really ever eat fruits or vegetable, i hate them. so how would i know if im not getting enough fiber. i dont think its constipation. i mean i only go every few days which my boyfriend thinks is so weird. but thats kinda how ive always been.

:[   :(   :[   :'(
When I gave birth to my daughter my anus pretty much turned inside out, so I was told, and since then I've been having problems pooping. It almost feels like it builds up in my rectum or something, so when it comes out it hurts really bad and comes out huge or like a bunch of little nuggets (for lack of a better word) all in one. I'm worried that it could be something serious. It's been two years and it comes and goes. Although I've noticed that my diet has changed where I've been eating a lot more take-out. Could this be the problem or could there be something very wrong ? I was told it was normal after giving birth, but I'm worried, as it's been so long since.  
same problem. Doctor told me that increasing fiber is adding bulk to your poop and making problem worse. She prescribed PRUNE JUICE. as long as i drink my daily glass i am ok. i prefer real prunes so i tend to double up.
happy pooping!
Should you worry of infection if you bleed while taking a poop
Should I worry of infection from my poop
I had this to awhile ago... and have had it off and on for years.  My doctor told me I had an anal fissure (a tear) and prescribed hemmeroid cream.  You need to heal the tear in order for it to go away... apply the cream twice daily to a CLEAN surface.  

BUT - I reccomend going to the doctor anyways.  It's a little uncomfortable, but you'll feel so much relief when they confirm that its just a tear!

Also - you should be drinking 2-3 litres of water a day and aiming for 25-35 g of fibre (increase the amount you consume gradually if you're not getting a lot currently)!  This will really help with the future!
Had hard poo 3 weeks ago,then I felt something stinging on the inside of my poo hole,itchy.I went to doctor they gave me something like prep H but more powerful,I did and was bleeding when I pooed,but not anymore,I can tell you I hate to even take a poo anymore.never know what you will find.He also gave me protofoam which did help,so I added more fiber to diet and doing better but once in awhile if I strain doing something in or around the house it acts up,so I do sits baths twice a day.But,I will tell you if you eat alot of fiber and do the prune thing like I do,this can cause you to have the ***** and that alone will aggravate your poop shoot..
I have the same problem.. but I'm a 15 year old, and every time I go for a poo I dread it because the pain can some time be unbearable! it stings like mad it's been happening since the the end of April and were now in the beginning of June. its bleed only the odd once or twice but every time I go for a poo it just stings so much i cant take much of the pain any more,    
My sister is 12 and her poop is *too big* will fiber make it smaller so it won't hurt?
Hi, I am new here, I am having some problem , I have alot of pain when I poop and also after wards it hurts for a while so bad. I can feel the inner part of the anus which became so hard. I dont know what should i take as  medication. I dont wanna go to doctor for this. By the way it start like last week. The top part of anus is good, its just the inner lining became so hard (or sore) that when it open for poop it hurts and after too. Please if someone can give me an idea. Thankyou
The past 3 days I've been bleeding when I poop. Like I know I'm probably dehydrated because my pee was dark because all I was drinking was soda. My mom has Chron's disease. I don't have insurance right now but I will when my husband is out of Tech School in the Air Force in a couple months. I have also been taking Nsaids (alieve) for a while now, because my neck has scoliosis and hurts to the point I need that to go to sleep. So, I am so desperately hoping it is all of my actions and not Chron's or something far worse. I am scared! I whipped the other day and after the poop was off there was just a palm size stain of blood on my tp. Bright red. My poop doesn't hurt coming out, and I've had bleeding while pregnant due to hard painful poop. But this is freaking me out because I didn't have hard poop the whole time I'm bleeding. I had a few sprinkles of blood droplets on the side of the bowl today. I am 26. I just hope whatever it is I'd rather have anything but the C word or something progressively deadly. Ugh!! @_@ I can't wait to go to the doctor. I'm going to have a heart attack if I get worse.
i have the same problem!.. ive been having having the same problem since last november nd as sick as it sounds im happy that im not the only one that is going thru this, cuz ive read how i can help it,,, but yea it hurts really bad and i hate it everytime i have to poop cuz i bleed every single time!!!.. soo ima try ur tips nd hope it helps!!!  :)
I also have this bathroom problem, the poison after a stool if excruciating. To me it feels like a burn and a rip and throbbing everything at once, it started happening after I had my son but 16 months ago when I had him it wasent that bad now its horrible everyone tells new hemmroides but idk and im embarrised to go to the doctor, but feeling like a huge scab is being pulled from your *** doesn't feel to good! Any opinions? Please anything would help!
I have had pain with poop on and off for 5 years ever since I turned 16. It all started after I had a simple acl surgery on my knee. The painkillers they gave me made me very constipated and when I went poop after surgery it hurt and I had bleeding. Ever since then I have had pain and fissures on and off for 6 years. It happens about once a month for 4 days. I went to a Dr. and they weren't very helpful. The dr recommended anal fissure cream with nitroglycerin. This cream helps increase blood flow to the injured area and heal it more quickly. Sure this cream works but its not a solution to my problem. I don't want to have to put nitroglycerin cream on my butt for the rest of my life. Also this cream can only repurchased from select pharmacists and is very expensive $160.

I drink 3 liters of water a day and also consume a lot of fiber but that doesn't seem to be the solution. I eat steel cut oatmeal for breakfast and salads for lunch, I tried not eating white carbs and I think that helped a lot. I also notice in the summer time I don't get anal fissures as often. This could be due to three factors. I am getting more vitamin D, I am eating more fruits and vegetables, or I am exercising more. I have had a little success with taking vitamin D pills. Exercising for a long time without drinking water makes the constipation worse. Eating fruits and vegetables does seem to help as well but I still haven't found a complete solution.

Next steps are eliminating gluten, eating more fiber in the form of liquids or powder. If I feel like my poop might be painful and cause a fissure I use an enema kit to soften the stool. I believe it is better to reduce the number of times I get anal fissures and scar tissue so its worth it to me to use an enema kit.

Stool softener don't seem to work.

I also have also noticed that anal fissure typically occur when I am pushing too hard and not letting the poop decide when it wants to come out.  

Another thing I have noticed is don't hold in gas. I feel like holding in gas makes my constipation and anal fissures worse. I try to remove myself from the room so I can pass gas. I know this might seem silly but its natural to fart and I don't think its good to hold it in.

Hope this helps everyone. If someone kind find a decent dr who knows how  to fix our problem please let me know.

Happy pooping!
I recently had a baby and had to be stitched up could that have any thing to do with why it hurts me so much to poo?
Well glad to see it's not just me with this issue!!! Though I'm sorry about all of your butts :P  I just hope it goes away soon, it's been about 3 weeks straight for me and had a nice bacterial infection on top of all that last week.  Gonna try stool softeners and hope that helps... tried a few suppositories but they didn't help at all! Ugh I'm so sick of talking about butts and poop!! LOL why can't I just have arm pain or something?!
you guys me too!! i have been having this pain 6 years ago i went to dr.s they donno whats wrong!!! i drink alotta water and eat alotta vegies, but no way! EVERYTIME I POOP IT HURTS AS F**K! AND AFTER POOPING IT TAKES 8-TO-10 HOURS TO GO BACK NORMAL AGAIN, SOME OF YOU MENTIONED AN HOUR OR TWO! IT TAKES 8-10 HOURS FOR THE PAIN TO GO AWAY, SOMETIMES IT DOESNT!! :(  AND I CANT SLEEP FROM THE PAIN, I CANT WALK IF I DO SO I START BLEEDING, I JUST SIT ON MY *** FOR 8-10 HOURS! UGH..... ANY CURE??? DO SURGERIES REALLY WORK?? IM TIRED AND NO DR. CAN TELL ME WHATSUP! :(
I've got it too :( I totally thought I was the only one with this problem, but now that I've read everyone elses problems I don't feel so alone anymore LOL.

I'm 19 and it is SO freaking annoying! I watch everyone else in my family walk in and out of the bathroom after doing a poo and it only takes them like 5 minutes, whereas I'm stuck in the bathroom for at least 15mins because I'm too scared of the pain during and after :(. I HATE THIS haha. I spend way too much time worrying about how bad the next one's going to hurt! Why can't we just have normal movements like everyone else. It's getting ridiculous and laxatives don't help me. I'd much rather have a sick stomach so that it comes out easier. *Sigh*.. Oh to be able to have a normal painless day in the bathroom. Cure's please!! Doctors info's been rubbish so far. :(
I had a problem with pooping and having blood come out. It was red and it had continued for awhile. I had noticed that when I had worked out, that it did not come around regularly anymore. Additionally, I started to take a vitamin elixir that had a large dose of fiber equivalent to one apple, you can find this at Costco. I think with the combination of working out (ex. situps) and more fiber and water in my diet, I had stopped popping and bleeding. Hope this helps.
Im 17 & i also have trouble going to the bathroom. When i go to the bathroom i tend to sit & try to push but every time i do it tears me & hurts "REAL BAD" & when im done i feel relief & when i whipe i see blood, my poop is big & hard & i don't know what to do to make it go away. I've been like this for several days now & can't seem to figure out why it even started. It does sting alittle but after a while it goes away... Any suggestions that might help me? I REALLY NEED THEM... My life has gone down.
I'm a 12 year old girl and the same things happens to me. When I poop, it really hurts when it's coming out. And when I wipe, I always see blood. Not dark red, not light red. Just normal. It hasn't changed, this has been happening to me for two weeks now. And it gets me VERY worried. I'm only 12!! D: Please, help. x.x
I HAVE A SOLUTION :D. Bleeding and pain when you poo are most likely the signs of a fissure. A fissure is when the skin around your anus rips slightly which is what causes both the pain and bleeding. I've had this problem for many years, having being only 19, I know that it can suck the life out of you, but I recommend a trip to the doctors! Yes, they check out what's happening down-below but what other way is there to get to the bottom of it! (Pun not intended). My doctor gave me Agiolax which is a laxative (purchasable at your local pharmacy) that you'll need to take daily with water, and a prescription cream to help heal the fissure. It's worked so far and I've had no pain for the past few weeks :) YAY. DOO IITT. Also, the Doctor insisted we eat 4 Weetbix' a day. It's really hard to do it all at once, so if you have a small stomach; have two for breakfast and two for lunch or something. Increase in water is ESSENTIAL as is minimizing your intake of starch products i.e. bread, pasta, rice etc. Good luck! Take this advice from someone who's been through it! Lol. :)
Why the hell didn't we evolve to have stronger anuses? I swear, I dread having bowel movements so much. Worst pain ever. If I don't get better by next month, I'm definitely gonna go see a doctor. I drink plenty of water, I take Metamucil, stool softeners, I eat fruit, Activia and nothing! My turds are so huge it's scary. There's always blood when I wipe. The other day it was really bad. Blood was actually dripping from my anus and into the toilet. I'm in pain for like 7 hours after having a bowel movement. I'm pretty sure it's just tearing or an anal fissure but I think I'll pay my doctor a visit just to make sure. How often do yall have bowel movements? I only go once every 2-3 days. Ugh, it's just so annoying and frustrating. I hate pooping.
I have had the pain and bleeding since I had antibiotics last year. It comes and goes - I have only found one solution - Special K Advantage. I'm not sure what is in it but a small bowl of that a day and my poo is soft and I go daily - no pain, no bleeding.
However, I am on a health kick and had to give it up as it has gluten and is high sugar - I now have the problem back again. I drink lots of water - and I mean 2.2l per day on average, lots of salads and vegetables too and I still get it. The doctor gave me some cream to administer internally but it didn't solve anything or take the pain away.
I know exactly what you all mean - pooing is an essential daily activity and its horrible when it hurst or it's so big you have no choice but to push it out!
Try the Special K Advantage - its a short term solution.
I go about once everyday and then have to sit on my @$$ for like 8-10 hours... you have the same problem too except it takes you once every 2-3 days to poop :( wish it takes me that.. i poop DAILY :( and it hurts EVERY frickin DAY! :(

PS. female here... which a cuter *** :/.. since guys have big hairy ones! :/

this is not for everyone I know but it may help some of you, after dealing with this problem for literally more than 2 years. I finally find out I have a food allergy to soy. soy soy soy people it might be soy , soy is horrible allergen one of the main 4 top allergens really ,soy causes inflammation of your intestinal linings all the way to the anus that is why it hurts, and the more you eat it the more irritated it becomes until you bleed. I know I been there. so go get tested and avoid anything that may contain soy including soy oil often seen as vegetable oil and anything processed usually has it so be careful read labels. you can find on the internet all the synonyms for soy it is a long list but be patience it gets better once you familiarize yourself with the topic. Good luck
Im 41, and I have had blood in my stool for the past 2yrs, only when its rock hard though. I also get severe pains after I go to the bathroom and have a bowel movement for hours, then it goes away and get happy, then it happens all over again.
i darnt poop, its very light clolour blood, im scared im 17 female
god this is annoying me my poops are normal sometimes even alittle to soft but it still hurts like hell when it comes out and there is even alittle blood thats bright red! i don't wanna see the doctor cause thats just weird and i have tried dieting and even pain killers! hasn't worked can someone help me please
im 19 as well and i have the same problem
I Have had the same thing for about 3 months now. and its very painful. I went to the doctor and they told me to eat more fruit. i have and it has made it so much better. and i kinda just let it come out, and not pushing it out because that will just make it tear more.
you're not the only one classic. im 22 boy now i've been dealing with this for years. i hate going to bathrooms. im more relieved before going in instead...

im going to try this apple a day idea and see wut happens. good luck for all of us poopers =)
After I had my son my poop had blood in it for three months strait then stoped till today which is 3 years later it don't hurt but is bleedin a whole lot but only when I poop but it look like some one poured red cool aid in the tolite and also had clots what do I do ????
I have to take fiber to go 'regularly'  but at times it takes so long for me to have to go, that I have to mark on my calender so I know when it's been a while and force myself to go. I went a whole month without the feeling of having to go, and my bum bleeds like everytime I go but the doctors say there's nothing wrong with me, but I've had this problem my whole life. What can I do to fix it?
everytime i poop it hurts alot i even cry cause of the pain & when i wipe myself there is bright red blood at times other times its like faded blood but the most painful part is when im done i have to lay down & not sit cause my butthole really hurts ' i stopped drinking soda & only drink pure water now ' im now scared cause i be bleeding everytime i do poop. help!!!
I'm so fed up with my bowels! Last summer I had a dodgy KFC which gave me really bad food poisoning (Intestinal infection) which gave me really bad intestinal cramps then I had to run to the loo, for severe diarrhea. Got rid of it with antibiotics, but my stomach was really delicate and physiologically I went off meat. When I moved to uni in September, I was really stressed and my diet obviously changed. My stools went really weird at this point, I had to poop at least 3-4 times a day but they were small and pencil thin. I also felt really dizzy all the time and passed out at one event. I went to the doctors, had blood and stool test - came back perfectly normal! I think I was lacking iron, so I started eating more red meat and salad and drinking yakult. I started feeling better, stools slowly turned back to healthy ones. But now I have really hard poos and that's why I came here! I get a tiny little bit of red blood on the tissue, and it really hurts my butt, makes my eyes water a little bit. I don't understand why this is happening too, because I drink so much water and I've been eating apples and avocados all week but my poo is still big and hard! I will try prunes and even more fruit and yoghurt health drinks for a week or two, if no result, looks like I'm back to the doctors for a completely opposite reason! I really think it is stress doing this to my body, I can barely relax on my uni course, I'm just such an anxious person! But not being able to go to the loo peacefully just makes more stress for me. Just wish my body would balance out! Its nice to have a good rant on the internet!
I'm 14, and experiencing this problem too. The blood in my stool is bright red, and unlike most of the people, it does NOT hurt for me to go to the bathroom. I think some of you (including me) might just have anal fissures. I've had this problem before, and as long as your blood is not dark or as long as there is not huge amounts of blood, you're probably fine. They usually heal and go away on their own, but just be careful and try to clean it with a wash cloth twice a day, this will help keep it clean. Hopefully, mine goes away, and hopefully so will yours! :) And believe me, if anyone here (or I) had a haemorrhoid, you (I too) wouldn't be able to sit down!
i have the same problem but it hurts less if you push it out fast, pushing it slow hurts a lot. Also if it hurts after you go, try putting vaseline to sooth the irritated skin. If you go more often the poop wont be so big. For softners take purelax it helps a lot even with constipation.
I have the same problem! I am ten weeks pregnant and passed a very large bm yesterday i bled afterwords from my back passage... I had to take pain killers after it hurt so much have started taking a spoonful of linseed mixed with water daily have been told it makes bm easier to pass and told to drink lots of water too!!
I got problem couple days of go I started bleeding when went to poo first time it was bright red and only on tissue but the second time it had like bloody water I only 14 and scared please help !!
Same here
I'm having the same problem I have pooped alot of bright red poop yesterday and was Soo scared I cried for an hour!  And pooped today and got a very less amount of blood. I was really scared but my mom just told me to drink water. And said it will get better.
iv got that at the minute...in some right pain when i go to the toilet...got like clots coming out..its horrible
what is a anal fissures?
try taking metamucil
I go poop around 3-4 times a day. I would not say my poop is large but with wipeing your butt that much it gets sore and then there is a little spot of red blood. When i am on my feet all day (7hrs at work). I have to poop all the time. Then my bum get sore from wipeing and burns when i wipe. Could this be a anal fissure. Or any suggestions what i could try.
I have this problem to. Do you seem to have to go poop more when you are on your feet alot. And then your bum is so sore it burns when you wipe.
I have the same problem on and off for many years, I think I was in my teens when it first happen to me now I am 27 years old and it still happens not very often maybe once or twice a year it is a very bright coloured blood and it hurts at the end of the anus. Although I have had years that went by without feeling or seeing anything.
Hmm. Same here.
Hi, ive been having da same problem when I have da urge of pooping I dont want to go cuz it hurts or burns I dont even know.... But now ive.been tryin to do anal with my partner an I cant cuz it hurt soo bad wut should I do please help
For the past 4. Days I have been popping and when I wipe it has about a quarter size amount of blood on the paper but it hurts a little coming out but not to much but idk what it is or what to do to fix it and I hate the doctor any ideas
when I poo it bleeds alot and im very scared about what it is but dont wanna go to doctors any advice email me

***@****

Thanks xx
okay i feel better now i have been having this same problem for a about 2 weeks but it has been once or a day if that for the most part but for the past two days there has been blood each time i was thinking it was Hemroids and i was freaking out. all though there seamed to be a bit more blood a few days a go but the poop was not very big i have been trying to drink more water lately so hopfuly that will help
same here i thought i was going to die haha and ill try the water thing i hope it works for me too.
go to a doc and tell them everything and sadly they will want to do more tests most likely but it would be a good idea to go
I'm 17 I have had this since I was 16 and it's very painful I try to avoid going for a poo because it's like glass coming out I have stools and they make my anal rip open and everytime the tissue is covered in blood and every now and then there could be a lump of blood on the tissue and the toilet is a pool of blood.. Everytime my poo is coming out the pain is so bad that it makes me stand up and afterwards the pain is very sore. I have tried stool softness and everything nothing is helping
I have been having this trouble ever since starting new meds last month. Today, the pain and effort to push was EXCRUCIATING. I had to try three times, could not get that rock part past my anus, and finally my body said "too bad, it has got to go out" and a freaking HUGE DINOSAUR SIZED crap came out, with more bleeding than usual. It was like trying to crap a concrete christmas tree, it (the stool) was SO HARD like a freaking ROCK. OMG. I am 54 years old, so if you have this problem as a teenager, GO TO THE DOCTOR! So glad I found this forum, I will try more water and prune juices, I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital for a turdectomy. HOW EMBARRASSING!!

That also does the same for me. I'm just really worried about all the pain from the start, during, and after I poop. But it only started when, I started pushing it out, that's it.
Im a kid and this happened to me it gives alot of pain even when i sleep i hope this will go away my mom doesnt know wat to
When I poop it hurts, and I think it tearing the skin. My anis always feels dry and sore when I poo. Should I wait a allay or two to poo, until my anus is better or will it hard? I could always have laxatives when it gets better, right?
I also have the same problem I'm a 15 year old girl and after pooping it hurts and it bleeds too it's been like this for 2 years I'm worried and I told my aunt about it she told me to just put that ointment looking thing but I did tried it once it made the pain go away after a few minutes it starts hurting again please I need answers to this I am really worried

did some research and found this helpful...

HOW MUCH FIBER DO YOU NEED?
To get the full health benefits of dietary fiber, adults should eat 25 to 35 grams of fiber each day. Most Americans eat only around 11 grams. To calculate how much daily fiber your child needs follow this formula: age of child in years plus five. For example, a five-year-old would needs ten grams of fiber a day.
How much fiber is too much? Your intestines will tell you. Gradually build up the amount and variety of your daily fiber intake. Signs of insufficient fiber in a diet are:
Constipation
Infrequent stools
Hard stools
Abdominal pains
A general feeling of "sluggish bowels"
Signs of too much fiber are:
Excessive gassiness
Bloating
Abdominal pain
Stools uncomfortably frequent and large overall volume

HOW MUCH FIBER DO YOU NEED?
Constipation
Infrequent stools
Hard stools
Abdominal pains
A general feeling of "sluggish bowels"
Signs of too much fiber are:
Excessive gassiness
Bloating
Abdominal pain
After giving birth my stool seems bigger then ever and my vagina got bigger but my *** got smaller it seems wth? It hurts when i go to the bathroom nd my poohole bleeds a Little...:/
freaking A what women gotta go through vagina bleeds *** bleeds!.ugh  help lol i don't have insurance so can't s see the doc if u have any suggestions email me plz at lana916_22***@****  my *** would really appreciate it;) lol thanks!!
It takes me a few days go poop and when I finally do it hurts really bad I try every day and just can't. What can I do to make me go more often and make it easier to go??
I have a 10 year old daughter who says she is having the same problem. She says when she is taking a poo it hurts during the poo and sometimes bleeds. There is blood in her stool and a small pool of it is in the water and when she whipes. She always strains but only once when we were at this fancy restuarant one day and when she went to take a poo she said pooping was fine.
I will tell you the solution...Miralax...i have had an Anal Fissure for well over a year, i started taking Miralax this past February and have only had pain twice and that was because i did not take my miralax like i was suppose to. I promise if you buy Miralax and pour a cap full into some water each morning you will be pain free within a few days or so. Good luck and hope to have helped some of my fellow sufferers...
i have the same problem, i'm 13 and i'm a girl:/
maybe you bursted a blood vessel or something it happens to me every time I poop , I take fiber pills and eat and apple a day and drink more water am then it's fine just the pain but you can deal with that by taking a pain reliever
Dude u need to sit on the toilet let it go almost through then push really hard right above your anus.It'll smash your **** and then it'll be smaller.Trust me my WHOLE family did it at least once.if it doesn't work i don't know what to tell ya so ask someone else.If there's any more comments i don't know (idk) what to tell ya cause I'm still young and i don't have an e-mail so vch23 just click type back to me and type cause I'm willing to try to help again

Chat back!!!
There are solutions: You could try suppositories (triangular inserts that softens the stool only at the anal entrance where the poop is the largest), but I could never stand them myself. Miralax is a good way to keep your stools soft, but to get them there, I use a generic brand of Dulcolax Laxatixe 5mg with the active ingredient being Bisacodyl. See, I have a problem that I don't have a BM for up to 2 weeks or more, so I have to make it happen, so I take 2 of those (total of 10mg). Just a warning to some of you though, it will not only soften ALL of your stools, but you will be running to the bathroom all day, so make sure you plan ahead before you use it... you will be cleaned out. As for the people with the bloody stools, you could have polyps (like a small tumor growing on the inside of you intestine or colon, and could be harmless or not - Dr. would have to diagnose), it could be caused by fissures (small tears in the lining of the intestines), it could be caused by hemorrhoids (which can be caused by straining too much when you are trying to go to the bathroom). Bowel movements (BM) vary from person to person. Some can go several times a day while others only go a few times a week, and that is completely normal with their body, there is no need to increase fiber in your diet if your stools are regular and snake like in appearance. Water, fiber, broccoli, cauliflower, cantilope, pineapple... to name a few. There are fiber bars, but they have very little fiber in them to matter, they are giving you so much added sugars. Cheese will constipate you, dairy products are possible. If I have forgotten a question, please feel free to ask me, I will do my best to answer.
Classic20, i am a female and I've been having the same problem lately. I asked my mother who is a nurse practitioner and she said it could be hemorrhoids or a laceration in your anus.  
I have the same problem.  Last year I went on a diet and ate a lot less and my poops got smaller and I stopped bleeding.  Recently I have gained some weight and I know I eat a lot and my poop hurts again.  I think I am going to have to keep eating less for my own health.  You should all try eating less so you poop less.  D:
The same thing happens to me when I poop too. It hurts but sometimes it don't. The bleeding happens every time I poop. Why can I do. I can't take anything because I'm pregnant. Or should I just go see. Dr.
I'm 15 and have the samw problem. Its only happened twice so far and it really hurts. There is a lot of blood and I don't want to go to the doctor. I feel that if I tell my mom she would freak out and haul me to the er. I will try and drink more water and eat mor fruits and veggies. But I'm on my period and am wondering if that has something to do with it. Any comments?!?!  I could sure use them!!
I really want to cry because I also have that feeling that when trying to poop, it hurts a lot and a bit of blood...
I don't know what to do... it happens just this week Please Help me...
Uhhh I'm so glad I'm not the only one... I've spent about 30 minutes reading these comments. When I go to the bathroom it's very painful... there is no way I can just sit there and let it go on it's own. I hurry up and push it through to get the pain over with and it's unbearable to the point I'm actually whimpering in pain / self inflicting pain to side track myself. I've increased my fiber intake and it seems like it's making the situation ten times worse. I literally just took 2 stool softeners and hoping they will work. If not I will be at the poop doctor bright and early! I can't take this... as of recently there hasn't been any blood but every once in awhile there would be spots. I have no clue what this could be... any suggestions post them!

My tip!!! Everyone is saying increase your fiber intake but in some cases that's just not true. It's making mine worse and I hope I can still fix this on my own. I really don't want to go through the embarrassment of a poop doctor.
"What is an anal fissure?

An anal fissure is a tear in the lining of the lower rectum (anus) that causes pain during bowel movements. It is a common condition. Anal fissures do not lead to more serious conditions.

Most anal fissures heal with home treatment after a few days or weeks (acute anal fissures). If you have an anal fissure that has not healed after 6 weeks, it is considered a long-term problem (chronic). You may need medicine to help a chronic anal fissure heal. Surgery may be necessary for fissures that do not heal with medicine.

Anal fissures affect people of all ages, particularly young and otherwise healthy people. They are equally common in men and women.

Sometimes an anal fissure and a hemorrhoid develop at the same time.

What causes an anal fissure?

Anal fissures are caused by injury (trauma) to the anal canal. Injury can happen if:
You pass a large stool that stretches the anal canal.
You are constipated and try to pass a hard stool.
You have repeated diarrhea.

Childbirth can also cause trauma to the anal canal. During childbirth, some women develop anal fissures. Fissures can also be caused by digital insertion (as during an examination), foreign body insertion, or anal intercourse.

Because many people get constipated or have diarrhea without getting anal fissures, many experts believe there is some other cause of anal fissures. Some people may have excessive tension in the two muscular rings (sphincters) controlling the anus. The external anal sphincter is under your conscious control. But the internal anal sphincter is not under your control. This muscle remains under pressure, or tension, all of the time. A fissure may develop if the internal sphincter's resting pressure becomes too high, causing spasm and reducing blood flow to the anus. This high resting pressure can also keep a fissure from healing.

In some cases, an anal fissure may be caused by Crohn's disease, an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that causes bloody diarrhea, abdominal (belly) pain, fever, weight loss, and fissures or fistulas near the anus.

What are the symptoms?

An anal fissure causes a sharp, stinging, or burning pain during a bowel movement. The pain, which can be severe, may last for a few hours.

Fissures may itch. They often bleed lightly or cause a yellowish discharge. You may see a small spot of bright red blood on toilet tissue or a few drops in the toilet bowl. The blood is separate from the stool. Very dark, tarry stools or dark red blood mixed with stool indicates some other condition, possibly inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) or colon cancer. You should contact a doctor if you have any bleeding with bowel movements.

Sometimes an anal fissure may be a painless wound that won't heal and that bleeds intermittently but causes no other symptoms."

hope this helps!
Ever since I tried anal sex, my poop is much larger than my butt can handle and now I have the same issue you are going through. Taking stool softeners help though. And I haven't been doing anal sex thing either which ***** but it's what currently necessary.
I am a 16 year old and i have the same problem. When I poop, it is soft and does not hurt a lot but there is still blood in the toilet bowl.This has happened two days in a row and i have had this many years ago. I havent told anyone about this and am worried. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can stop this???
I am currently having that right now it's been weeks and i am worried because its really different when i poop before i think it all started when my poop was so big and i force it out. I DRINK Many water just by now i poop normal but i will still keep observing at it next time i poop if it dosnt hurt anymore.
When I poop, I bleed SO much with A LOT of pain! It's nearly unbearable! There is blood actually mixed throughout my stool. It happens every single time. Whenever I wipe there is a lot of blood and whenever I look into the potty the water is red, It almost looks as if the blood was just pouring out of my bum. As if that wasn't enough I have a lot of abdominal pain throughout the day EVERYDAY!  It scares me. Can anyone help or suggest anything?
Sounds like you have an anal fissure. Drink apples beets and carrot juice for 3 days(fresh veggie juice from a juicer). Mostly carrots, apples for sweetness, and 2 beets. After that, always eat veggies every day with every meal. and you should be fine....oh, almost forgot, Stop eating crappy food!
is there any cream for the after pain..
After surgery, I wasn't able to go for 4 days (you don't eat and then your body shuts down). Then, my body decided to produce this super-****. It was like a torpedo. I think it was so wide and long that it got stuck coming around the bend. I could tell it was huge and didn't push and just let it come out. I thought it was going to split me. I didn't notice any blood at the time, but I've got this stupid blue stuff in my toilet to make it smell nicer, so it might have been hidden somewhat.

So, today I went to the toilet and noticed this stuff that looked like dried red paint flakes floating on the surface above the morning's offerings. Then I wiped and it was bright red and bloody. Ugh.

I admit I did start to get upset over the blood in the loo, even though it's small compared to everything else. I'd been super-brave over all this and it was the one stupid little thing that got me feeling sorry for myself.

I was concerned that this was something to do with the surgery (which had been in my abdomen, but not my bowel). Or maybe because I'd taken too many ibuprofen last night without food? The doctor checked me out (temperature fine, blood pressure and pulse fine, examined my abdomen and not excessively tender and no crazy swelling/ lumps). He did not examine my back passage.

He didn't seem to go with my giant **** theory. He said that it was probably 'bruising' from the surgery when they had pumped me full of air and poked around. It would probably go away on its own in 2-3 days and come back if needed. He said it's probably not the ibuprofen, but just to be safe, take paracetamol or co-codamol for now.

It's reassuring to know that I will live another day. I guess I'm worried I have some kind of tear. Surely the chance of infection is fairly high? Faeces aren't the most hygenic things to rub into a wound.

For those of you too embarrassed to go to your doctor, imagine living with this problem for the rest of your life - surely you want to at least see if the doctor can do something about it? Maybe you need a small stitch or something and you can get on with living your life in peace and harmony. It is their job to look after you without making you feel uncomfortable. They see bodies - old, young, fat, thin. Don't even worry about it. Think of the possible relief that awaits you if they can help you out.

Btw, mine didn't even crack a smile when I mentioned the torpedo. He stayed 100% neutral. I was oddly impressed.