Painful Cervical/Pap Exam???
Okay... I found out today Im pregnant.. yeah!! Thats wonderful.  However....Upon giving me my va-jj exam today I'm a bit freaked out.  It HURT.  The doctor couldn't even finish and I had to reschedule.  It was embarrasing because I even cried.  The doctor could NOT reach my cervix!  I couldn't take it anymore.   Exams were never that painful.  The doctor didn't tell me anything was wrong....she just said I had to come back.  IM AFRAID TO GO BACK!! But, I know I have to for the baby..well and for me.   (she even used the two smalled speculums).   I don't know how I am going to deal with having to get this done to me...specially monthly during pregnancy!!
Has anyone had a painful exam?  What is wrong with me????  ;(  sooo sad and upset.
Thanks!
hi.. Congrats!!! how far along r u?? I have a wonderful daughter myself... :) when we get pregnant the shape and placements of our uterus and cervix changes and that's probably the reason y u had a lot of pain.. other than that, can't really think of any reason.. pelvic exams shouldn't hurt at all as it could be a sign of some underlying problems and I'm not a pro to actually know specifically what type.. I've always had painful PAP Smears from the beginning.. I could totally feel the OB brushing my cervix..  ur OB jst needs to make sure that everything is all and well for u and the baby..  maybe u can try a long warm bath b4 u go in to ur doc's appt next time to help u relax and calm ur muscles.. hope this helps a little :)
Congratulations!!! Was she being gentle or did she seem like she was rushing the whole exam?

Make sure that you are relaxing, if you tense up the muscles in your vagina will also tense, making it very hard for her to do an exam.