Painful Clitoris?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Painful Clitoris?

Hi, I just found this site as I was searching for help. I've read through the posts and didn't see anything that answered my question, so I thought I would post, hoping someone can help me. I'm 31. I've had reoccuring YI for a few years now. I usually call my dr and he calls me in the pill you take by mouth. Each time I get a YI my clit would be a little sore or tender. This time though it is swollen and EXTREMELY painful. Two spots have also come up on one side right next to it. One has a white spot in the middle like maybe it's an ingrown hair or pimple? The other looks like an ulcer? that I get in my mouth sometimes. I'm thinking maybe it's like that from scratching?
Can anyone help me? I don't have insurance right now either so I'm trying to find out what it is before breaking down and going to the dr.
Avatar n tn
I would see a doctor ASAP. It sounds a little like a possible STD that you may of been mis-treating. I know it's a scary thought but, herpes can be pus filled sores. Do you have a planned parenthood? They are a cheaper place to get checked out. Good luck
Avatar n tn
Hmm, I've had a yeast infection before and my clitoris was very tender and painful while I had it too.  There was some peeling skin on it as well, and I asked my doctor about it and he said that was normal.  It went away after my yeast infection symptoms went away, so maybe this is similar?  I would say that if it doesn't go away after you finish your treatment then to go to the doctor.
Avatar n tn
could you possibly be having an allergic reaction to the medication?  Definitely try and check with a doctor on this...
Avatar n tn
WOW!!! he didnt want you to come in? he just said that over the phone? maybe its an antibiotic that can take care of a few different things depending on what it is.
just be careful....antibiotics can cause a yeast infection.
Wow, I'm also surprised s/he didn't have you come in. What you describe could be a couple of things (yeast infection and herpes come to mind) - but nothing I can think of that would resolve with an antibiotic. Infection of the vaginal wall?
Avatar n tn
Thanks everyone. I called my dr yesterday and he called me in some antibotics. He said it was probably not a yeast infection, but an infection of the vaginal wall. Anyway, I'm on this med for 5 days. Hopefully it will help! Thanks again. Have a Happy and Safe 4th!
Shannon79 commented on photo
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
Please be aware of this!!!!!!
6 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals