Painful Constipation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Painful Constipation

Hello. For as long as i can remember ive had this annoying discomfort concerning constipation. Im 23 and im pretty healthy. So usually this happens every few weeks and can last for as long as two weeks. I try to pass a stool i feel alot of pressure and uncomfortable pain, my legs alomost cease up, my body feels numb, but still i can pass it, when i do manage to pass it only a tiny bit. My stomach swells up n im usually in pain for hours after i feel this pressure pushing on my back passage and i also feel pressure on my vagina and urinary passage and it makes me feel lik i always need to pee. This happens me very often and its been going on for years. Ive tried changing my diet to help it does sometimes but before i know it its back again :-( im very shy n hate telling doctors this kind of stuff I dont kno what to do im scared because after researching the syptoms (symptoms) it came out the i may have bowel cancer . Please help
Ive also experienced a light pink blood on my tissue aswel
Constipation can be caused by the slow passage of digesting food through any part of the intestine. Other causes are suppression of the urge to defecate, diet low in fiber, over-use of stimulant laxatives (e.g., senna, castor oil, and certain herbs), hypothyroidism and hyperparathyroidism(by raising the calcium levels in the blood), intestinal pseudo-obstruction, Hirschsprung's disease, Chagas disease,colon inertia(nerves and/or muscles of the colon do not work normally) and pelvic floor dysfunction(the muscles of the lower pelvis that surround the rectum (the pelvic floor muscles) do not work normally).
Increase the fiber amount in your diet. The best natural sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. If still the symptoms persist then please consult a gastroenterologist and discuss these possibilities.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have you seen your doctor about this? Do not be shy about your body I can't express this enough.

Do you have painful BM with your period?

Painful sex?

Painful Periods?

You could have IBS or there could be some other stuff going on with your intestines etc. I would get a referral to a gastrologist to see about having a colonoscopy done.