Painful bowel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Painful bowel

Piece of skin protruding from anus causes very painful bowel - please help!!
Just curious, but to me it is sounding like a hemroid.  If that is what it is, you can do a few things at home by yourself to eleviate the pain and help the hemroid rather than talking to a Doctor about it if you feel uncomfortable with it.  First, I would start taking a stool softener.  This is not a laxitive, but it will soften the stool so it is a little for comfortable for you to have a bowel movement.  There are creams that you can buy and also you can soak in a warm bath with epsom salts.  Heope this helps you out a bit!!