Painful lump by jaw line

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Painful lump by jaw line

Hi, I just joined so I'm not sure if I am going to word this right..

But over the last 4 days I have had a pain in the right side of my jaw. It's painful to yawn and to fully open my mouth. There is now a small bump located directly under my ear, behind my earlobe on my neck inbetween my jaw line and the large muscle on the right side of my neck, that little soft spot or pocket inbetween the skull and jaw.... The pain is moving into my ear and causing me to have headaches all through the day all on the right side of my head. Any ideas what this could be from? Is it worth going to the doctor for or should it go away?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I had a senuis (IDT I spelled that right) when I was 11 it was located right next to my mouth...it was painful and it was the side of a golf ball, from what I experinced it sounds like the same thing...you need to go have it looked at...it can't physical harm you but its painful...its just tissues that have swelled up...
Did it ever go away, if so, how? I'm looking for some answers for my wife that has something similar but has had it 2 1/2 years and is extremely painful.