Painful lump in left inner labia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Painful lump in left inner labia

I noticed this small painful lump in my inner left labia 2 days ago, the way I found out was that everytime I wiped it clean after going to the bathroom it hurt (as if the hairs were tangled), 2 days later it even hurts when I pee.

Never had this before but I'm sure u have had painless lumps before and it just went away.

Does this sound like a cyst that goes away by itself or could be treat with some cream I buy at the store?
Hi there!

I had something similar once - it ended up being a pimple - yes, they do happen down there!

Drs advice to me was after shower, talcum powder on the area to keep it dry.

It ended up getting a head on it, I popped it (not sure if I was supposed to or not) and the next day, you wouldn't even know it existed!

It may be boils or infected cysts. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a gynecologist as you may need incision and drainage. Also then herpes sores should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.