Painful urination 1-2 days after sex, not a UTI.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ive just joined medhelp but its been a long time in coming, I often read the forums using google on women’s health subjects.

I'm a 21yr old female who is sexually active with a monogamous partner. We use condoms, plenty of lubrication, exemplary hygiene, and take it easy, and yet I find that no matter what I do to prevent it, I get sick after having sex.  

I've been to the doctor, but half the time they run lab tests for hours, scratch their heads in consternation at this undiagnosable 'sediment' in my urine and I get stuck with no solution and a big fat lab test bill. I HAVE had uncountable UTIs, 1 kidney infection, 1 kidney stone, 1 vaginosis, and several yeast infections (and I've only become sexually active at 19, so can you IMAGINE how often I've been to the doctor about that 'area'?). As a constant, I ALWAYS get painful urination in some way 1-2 days after sex. ALWAYS.

THIS time the symptoms are accompanied by an odd smelling light pink/beige and creamy discharge 1 week after sex lasting 1 week so far. I have painful urination which started the day after the sex, (although the pain does not come from my urethra but rather my vagina as I urinate, weird i know). My urine is extremely murky and I have a constant sharp pain deep in my pelvis.

So far, I've tried good hygiene, plenty of lubrication, lots and lots of water, wiping front to back, peeing before and after sex, eating plenty of foods with tannins in them, having gentle sex, changing my diet to include yogurt and exclude bread, changing to nonlatex condoms, changing to NO condoms, changing the area we have sex on to a very clean area we prepared before hand.  Frankly we are running out of ideas!

The only thing that works 100% is abstinence or no penetration.

Please help!
With a history of kidney and bladder infections, "murky" urine could be the source of your irritated urethra even without sex.  Sex would simply make it worse. Women often get UTIs from sex, for which antibiotics are prescribed. Have you tried this?  I'm a little mystified as to why your doctors are unable to diagnose your urinary tract problems and especially that they would be unable to identify the sediment in your urine. I wouldn't call your doctors quacks but this is really very basic medicine. My feeling is that you should concentrate on finding doctors who can treat your kidney, bladder, ureter problems.  Vaginal problems are a distant second, though there products to treat this (you didn't mention using any).  If you can just get your infections under control I believe sex for you would be a lot more enjoyable. Good luck.
Thank you very much for your reply.  Do you know if there is there anything I can do to reduce the murkiness of my urine besides drinking a lot of water?

Thank you again =)
Please try to find a Pelvic Pain Specialist in your area. Sounds to me like you need to be checked for vulvodynia and Interstitial Cystitis. Sex can greatly irritate both conditions and cause the symptoms you're complaining about. IChelp.org is a great site about Interstitial cystitis. You can also go to a urologist to check for that, but a pelvic pain specialist might be more understanding and knowledgeable about both conditions. My experience with the urologist is that they really didn't want to hear how my problems were traumatizing me emotionally, and were very uncaring during testing procedures. But I'm sure not all urologists have such bad bedside manner, they just typically deal with the urinary tract and not the vagina. Someone else you could try if you can't find a Pelvic Pain Specialist would be a Urogynecologist.

Good Luck,
Is it possible you may be allergic to the lube type? Really basic but I ha all the same things and I'm only 20, I found that changing lube or not using any at all helped almost completely