Painless Rectal Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Painless Rectal Bleeding

Hi, for the past couple days, I've noticed that I have been bleeding through my rectum. It's not a lot, and it doesn't hurt (at all), but it's a little concerning. It's a pinkish color and I only see it on the tp when I wipe. I've made sure to wipe JUST the rectal area separate to make sure that that's where it was coming from and it was. Also, it's not happening with bowel movement, it's happening with urination. It's more leaking then anything else and have even gotten a few drop of blood on my underwear, still only in the rectal area. My diet hasn't changed recently and I haven't had anything new or particularly spicy. I'm pretty certain it's not fissures or hemorrhoids, due to the fact that there is no pain associated with the bleeding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, while I'm on the topic, I have had other times before where I would have a bowel movement and find a kind of bloody mucous attached to the stool in the toilet. Still, no pain and not a difficult movement, just there, and there wouldn't be any continued bleeding. Those times looked like a normal blood color. These situations are completely seperate of my main topic, but I would also like some info on these.

Again, thank you for any help.
You need to see your health care provider as soon as possible. It may be something benign (hemorrhoids do not always cause pain and/or itching) but it could also indicate something more serious, such as internal bleeding.