Papilloma and blood discharge

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Papilloma and blood discharge

I went to my doctor when I noticed bloody discharge out my nipple in my left breast. She sent it for cytology and it showed papilloma cells. Then she ordered an ultrasound and mammogram. Both were negative. The radiologist said I need a galactogram. The discharge then became serosanguinous and then bloody again. I have to follow up with my gyno this week. Anyone ever had this happen to them ? I have done a lot of research from medical journals in patho and oncology and in all studies it was found the the duct should be removed. I guess this is a very controversial issue for surgeons. I am 27 years old and am trying to get pregnant now so I am concerned. My gyno had brushed me off 4 months ago when I complained of a weird pain in that breast and I thought I felt a lump. She said I had fibrocystic breasts.Do I need to see a specialist? I thought the mammogram and ultrasound would give answers so now I am even more confused. I guess multiple factors depend on whether or not a papilloma can be related to cancer such as location and the type of cells. If anyone else can share their story to give me an idea of what to expect that would be great.
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Risa615's status
1 hr ago
pb95 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals