Paragard and High Blood Pressure?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Paragard and High Blood Pressure?

I had the IUD Paragard inserted on January 26. I didn't have any problems with the insertion, but did have some severe cramping the next day, and for about 4 days after. On the 7th day, I started to feel out-of-sorts at work. I took my blood pressure, and it was 153/100. I have always had normal BP. I called the midwife who inserted the IUD, and was seen right away. She seemed very surprised by this and assumed it was anxiety. She performed a physical exam, as well as an internal and external ultrasound to confirm that the IUD was in its proper place, which it was. If it was anxiety, I would think this reassurance was all I needed. However, my BP did not decrease, even over the next 2 days. I went to see a PA at a new PCP office, and was told my body may be reacting poorly to the IUD, but since there is a history of heart disease in my family, they wanted to do an EKG, which turned out normal. They prescribed Atenolol 25mg to be taken once a day. I didn't take it that night because, though I was told to stay on my Pill for the first couple months while on Paragard to reduce cramping, bleeding, etc, I thought that may be contributing to my elevated BP. That was Friday. Monday came around, and my BP was 142/100. I took the Atenolol, and it dropped a bit for most of the day, but by 7 it was back to 142/92. Am I crazy to be convinced that these circumstances are related? Has anyone else experienced elevated BP due to Paragard? I can't seem to find any correlations online!
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
fiza_ch aahhhh headache Comment
KTowne School shopping is complete... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals