Partial Hysterectomy and Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Partial Hysterectomy and Pregnancy

Someone I know said that she is pregnant. She is 46 yrs old and has had a partial hysterectomy atleast 7 years ago. She said that a home pregnancy test kit came out positive and a urine test at the doctors office also came out positive. She has not had a blood test confirming it yet. She said that she is experiencing nausea and fatigue. I would like to know how likely this is and if she is pregnant will it be viable? How likely is this to be true. Also she would only be like a montha nd a week or so pregnant. I can not find all that much information out on the web. Any and all information would be appreciated.
It's possible, very very rare, but possible. I think there have only been a  small handful of women that have had this happen. But if she doens't have a uterus then the baby won't survive.
What did her Dr. say about this? I would think that the Dr would have done an ultrasound to see if she is actually pregnant and if so, where it implanted and then talk with her about the next step. It could be dangerous for her to continue to let the baby grow, especially if it's in her tubes. I'm also suprised they didn't do blood work.
I kinda got the impression that you don't believe her? Do you think she may be lying about it?
Yes I do. It is my boyfriend's soon to be ex-wife. She has come up with every scheme and threat to try and keep him and this I believe is another one. She knows how bad he wants a biological child of his own. She supposedly didn't have blood work done because she has been smoking pot. (Really good mother) She won't tell him a lot of what the doctor says other than all her other pregnancies have been high risk. Her youngest is 9. He did say that she does look ill and she has been sick to her stomach. She really doesn't give out much information and she's not willing to take him to the doctors with her.
I'd say she's lying.  If it were true, the first thing the doctor would do is to take blood and do ultrasounds, looking for where the pregnancy is.  Highly, highly, highly doubtful this could even be possible.  

Don't believe her until you get proof positive.  Like, he goes to the doctor with her and talks to the doctor himself.  Anything less than that can be faked.  
I'm sorry you guys are going through this. If she is indeed pregnant there isn't any way for the baby to survive. I would just wait it out. If she is lying, then she won't be able to keep this up much longer. If she is pregnant, then she needs to get back to the Dr. and get it taken care of.
I hope everything turns out ok with all of you!
Thanks a bunch!  She's still going with this charade. Said she'll be going back to the dr in 3 weeks after all traces of the other has passed. I'm hoping she'll slip up soon.  I did read something on the web that she could have a positive urine result because of some sort of cancer.  If she isn't lying she should really get checked out, but because of her unhurried attitude I think she is. I also did read a few articles about still being able to carry a child to term by it being attached to the adominal (abdominal) wall. Sooner or later I guess we'll find out. Thanks again.
I had a partcial hysterectomy I had my utrrous and my cervix removed is it possible to get pregnant and if so whats the odds for me and the baby to concieve (conceive) full term?
i had a partial in 06 and just got a positive pregnancy test result. Is it possible to have an abdominal preg and carry to term
One of my best friends had a partial hysterectomy as well, but she had two children afterwards and one of them just graduated high school and the other one is sixteen.  It is possible to have a child and both survive after a hysterectomy.
I had a partial hysterectomy in 2007 Last june I was sick every morning I had gone to my doctor he said must be a virus.Then in september I was having sore breast, swelling in feet, dizzy all the time.I took a over the counter pregnacy test it said positive.So I went back to my doctor to have him laugh and say it is not likely to happen.Now it is november I feel kicking and lower back pain I am now showing and very scared because when I went to the hospital last week to have them help.The gave me a CT scan and injected me with constrast when the lady that did the CT scan ask was a chance I could be pregnant I said yes she then called up on the phone to were the doctor was and told him what I had said.He replied it is not possiable with a partial hysterectomy.So the lady gave me a ct scan.After I herd the lady say omg she is pregnant.Then I was brought back to my room after an hour the doctor came in and said I need to see my primary care doctor and he thought i had an ulcer.I know what I herd and now feel alone in this what can I do?
just to let u know that even though she is using the pot smoking as an excuse they don't test for thc when they do those kind of test the only test for hcg so tell her to get smart and move on!!!!!!!
Have you had any luck on getting help with your pregnancy? Will you be able to carry baby to full term?
Any news?