Partial Hysterectomy needed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Partial Hysterectomy needed

I just came back from my gyn which happend to me by Unlce strange but he is great. He has told me I need to get a Partial Hysterectomy because the fibroids on my Uterus are starting to bother me more and pain killer are just not doing it nomore. He had advised me that because only my Uterus is being taken out my Ovaries and Cervix will remain however I may or may not continue to get my period because of my Ovaries and Cervix in place. If I do get my period the it will be a very strange one because of not having my Uterus my Hormones will not be regulated. Both of my sister are younger than me and both have had a Partial Hysterectomy. One sister gets a very light period and only last 2-3 days the other gets it as if it was a normal cycle ever 28 days lasting between 5-7 days.
I was reading some of the comments that other women were making that there is no such thing as a Partial Hysterectomy and if there is you can't get your period nomore. To those ladies please like one person said do your homework. I do not know what type of Gyn's you go to but yes there is such a thing as a Partial Hysterectomy and you can also continue to get your period and get pregnant but it will be an Etopic pregnancy meaning the egg is in the Falopian Tubes and will remain there because you have no Uterus for the egg to drop into. With a Partial Hysterectomy anything can happen. Remember not everything is taken out. A complete Hysterectomy your whole entire Reproductive system is taken out so nothing can happen.
Please research it or get another Gyn.
Reported Report this Spam
Miscategorized
Abuse
im still confused. can a woman conceive with a partial hysterectomy and carry it full term? what are the odds for the baby and mother?