Partial Hysterectomy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Partial Hysterectomy

I just came back from my gyn which happend to me by Unlce strange but he is great. He has told me I need to get a Partial Hysterectomy because the fibroids on my Uterus are starting to bother me more and pain killer are just not doing it nomore. He had advised me that because only my Uterus is being taken out my Ovaries and Cervix will remain however I may or may not continue to get my period because of my Ovaries and Cervix in place. If I do get my period the it will be a very strange one because of not having my Uterus my Hormones will not be regulated. Both of my sister are younger than me and both have had a Partial Hysterectomy. One sister gets a very light period and only last 2-3 days the other gets it as if it was a normal cycle ever 28 days lasting between 5-7 days.
I was reading some of the comments that other women were making that there is no such thing as a Partial Hysterectomy and if there is you can't get your period nomore. To those ladies please like one person said do your homework. I do not know what type of Gyn's you go to but yes there is such a thing as a Partial Hysterectomy and you can also continue to get your period and get pregnant but it will be an Etopic pregnancy meaning the egg is in the Falopian Tubes and will remain there because you have no Uterus for the egg to drop into. With a Partial Hysterectomy anything can happen. Remember not everything is taken out. A complete Hysterectomy your whole entire Reproductive system is taken out so nothing can happen.
Please research it or get another Gyn.
I had a partical hysterectomy one year ago and u haven't had a period but the thing is i still get the synthoms of my system wanting to start i get depressed a i don't like myself when i start to feel like im gonna get my period sometimes the depression can last a week or sometimes it can last longer i don't like the way i feel during this time can somebody give me some answers
needhelp345 joined this community
Welcome them!
Des_a_rae, and Belle313 commented on renae176's status
Des_a_rae commented on Baby Noah!!
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals