Partial hysterectomy pregnancies?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Partial hysterectomy pregnancies?

Anyone had a partial hysterectomy and were able to get pregnant? My husband and I had been trying for a few years and nothing. Recently I had to have a partial hysterectomy. I'm afraid after all this I won't be able to get pregnant. I'm having to do a bunch of treatments and I'm unable to try right now & possibly for awhile, I know my chances are already slim now but would love to hear that it has happened to someone. It's hard trying for so long & having nothing happen then going thru all of this which makes chances slimmer. I'm still young too. If anyone's experienced this I would love to hear about it.

Thank you!
Partial hysterectomy is when the uterus is removed and ovaries and cervix are left behind. Pregnancy can result after partial hysterectomy because eggs are released by the ovaries which have been left behind and these eggs can fuse with the sperms but this pregnancy is usually ectopic in nature and not a viable pregnancy.

However after hysterectomy, there is no uterus or womb which can carry the pregnancy by implantation till term. For pregnancy, a surrogate womb of a mother is required which can hold the fertilized zygote till term and delivery.

Pregnancy after hysterectomy is possible with a surrogate mother.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.