Passing large clots not during my period
I'm a normally very healthy 30 year old mother of three. I had an "abnormal" pap about seven years ago, but since that time they've all been normal, as well I've had two very healthy pregnancies.

I have been experiencing over the last couple years occasional blood clots during my period, some of these are large, about the size of my fist. Nine days ago I passed a large clot the size of my palm, this time NOT during my period. Today I began my normal period, although the cramps seem a bit more intense, the flow is its normal heavy first day of my cycle flow.

My mother, while not the most reliable source of information, states that women in our family have a history of early menopause. Could these clots be a symptom of menopause?

The first time I passed a large clot, while during my period, I called and was seen by my OB/GYN who assured me that this was pretty normal. I'm wondering if I should call to be seen again. I don't want to sound paranoid, and if this is something that is normal, I will put it out of my mind.

Thanks.