Pelvic Lump (photo)

I'm a 19 years old. A few week's ago I woke up one morning and noticed that I had a lump at the top, left side of my pelvis - almost just accross from my hip bone. The lump isn't visible - it tends to go down in size but then flares up, it can also get sore. At first I thought it may be a gland but it feels more hard than a gland and disappears when I lie down. It feels like a sausage shape and it quite thin. When i was younger I had a hernia on the left side of my tummy next to my belly button... I was wondering if it was possible for this to be a hernia? I'm also very thin and always have been but I don't have this lump on the right side. I'm quite worried about it and can't get a Doctor's appointment until next week.

I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what it could be? I also shave my bikini line - could that have anything do with it?
(I have attached a photo indicating roughly where the lump is.)
I would be grateful for any feedback.
It could a couple different things. Good job making an appointment with your doc though. It very well might be a hernia. But it could also be a couple other things like a calcium build up. I have a couple of those but those are on my scalp. You said it is painful? Maybe it is a vein. Who knows but just wanted to give you props on making an appointment with your Doc alot of people dont do that.