Pelvic Pain- below belly button- hurts to move, can't walk sometimes
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. Recently I've been having terrible pain that comes out of no where. I've tried looking it up on google but nothing seems to fit. When it comes, it's a few inches below my belly button, extending down into vagina. It's not a burning feeling--it's more of an ache or stabbing/pulling pain. It's gotten so bad at times that I can't walk or stand up straight, no position makes it go away. I feel pressure and pain when I need to tinkle, and while I am, and after. Sometimes before the pain in the center starts, I feel what kind of feels like cramps on the left side... it kind of migrates down. I really hope some of this makes sence to someone. I'm 20 years old, and have no insurance yet. I am hoping someone else out there knows what this is. Thank you all for your time in reading this, I look forward to hearing back from you.
Im 14 and been having this pain since a long time
It feels like a limited string is connected to my belly button and my vagina (maybe uterus). Im scared for what it is but im dying to know
I'm 19 too, with the same thing, if you or anyone finds out what it is i would love to know, thanks.
Hi,I noticed you asked this question a few years ago and I'm so glad to know its not only me who has been going through this, I'm only 13 years old and I've had the EXACT same problems and I'm just wondering have you found out what it is yet or any medication to prevent it from happening? I have this right at the moment and I'm really scared and don't know what to do:/ please help :)
Hi i dont know if this will be of any help to you but my doctor once told me that is was because my bladder was contracting, and that this was caused by all of the cystoscopies i have had. I have had so many because of having Bladder Cancer so this may not be why you have this pain,well i hope it isn't anyway.
I'm 16 and I've had the same pain and it hurts to the point where I can't sit. I can't put any pressure on my butt. Everytime this happens I have to pee a lot for days. I've never had sex, and this is the second time it has happened.
Im 25 years old, and I've also had this pain. Ive been having this pain since i was 8 years old.  But it always seemed the doctors didnt listen because I was so young. Sometimes I have it a lot, sometimes every now and then. But whenever I tell the doctors they just look at me like im stupid. Ive had ultrasounds and stuff done but nothing shows. But ovbiously its something because ive had the pain for 17 years. And its excruitating pain.  You literally cant stand up straight to it feels like you're getting stabbed in the belly button, and for the life of yourself you can not pee! Its the worse feeling in the world, I find you cant even let a dribble out or it feels liike your belly button is being sucked in by a string and getting stabbed at the same time.  My mom has always thought I had a hernia, my whole life.  I just wish I could find answers and get it fixed! Im having a very bad attack right now, and so just wish it would go away!
in havein the Same Problem im only 14 & this pain just started ugh.it's Killin me like crazy i cant pee my stomach get really tight .
I am a 16 years old boy, and this pain occurs to me as well, I've had it like years ago and it only occurs some period of the month, if it happens today, it happens slowly, and tomorrow it might  get worse, but then when its totally gone, i wont have it for months again, it occurs below my belly button, on the triangle shaped area, when i press it, it gets worse, i pray to god that this will go away and that everyone will be okay, sometimes, when you are sexually active (having a partner or no), it occurs the next day, I hope I find a cure for this or at least the reason and cause of this. thank you
My son is ate. And right now is has a pain exacty at the same spot. below the belly button. imnt a fool. But i never remember people having so many issue with there health at such a young age. This is CRAZY. Im really sarting to think its whats in this unheathy food we are comsuming with chemicals an who knows what in it. Im going to change my sons diet an hope for the best. This is far from normal.
what does it mean when during sex you get sharp pains in your stomach and could barely stand up
I also have MSK and experience the same issue with the abdominal pain, i was always told by doctors that its just gas, or a pinched nerve, mine has happened 3 times in the last week though, starting to worry me. the bladder disease thing kinda scares me, thinking seriously about going to my urologist.
I just had this happen to me last night, and my mom made me go to the ER. When I went, they ended up doing a pelvic exam and an ultrasound. They wanted to rule out kidney stones, cysts on my ovaries, and ectopic pregnancy. They ruled out 2/3 except for cysts when they did the ultrasound. The closing verdict was that the pain i felt was a cyst that was getting ready to explode or was in the process. I also have another cyst growing on my left ovary and my right ovary is bigger than my left. So for now they have me on meds and so i've been sleeping and taking it easy until Monday to call the gyno to follow up.
I have the same Pain, i went to the doctor and they told me it was acid reflock they gave me same medication but its not not helping at all.
Well i am male 25 and i am having the same problem....i am not sexually active....it suddenly comes and goes...just a little below my belly button...and a little left sided....It sometimes is not there at all but sometimes it starts gradually as well...and when i press this portion it leads to my penis as well... Well i don't know...I have seen two urologists, they believe that this is pelvic congestion as far as i am not sexually active....Please help me out...i have been facing this for 3 weeks.....HELP...HELP...HELP.....
Hi im 22 been having the same problem for a long time. I was told it was because I was ovulating. That some women can feel when they are ovulating and it does happen to me on one side then next time it will be on the other side so makes since to me but u should still go see a dr.
Thank you!!
Wow I have just read a numerous amount of these comments, very good to know I am not the only one having the sharp, pinching pains in my lower abdomen. It just comes along periodically. Like this morning I woke up and there it was, it worsens during sexual intercourse as well. 7 hrs later and I am still having the pain. I just cannot figure out what's going on. I have had UTI's before and I know it's not that because it doesn't burn when I urinate. It just feels like a lot of pressure, stabbing pains (that sometimes prevent me from standing). Sometimes it's pretty difficult having these pains with a 5yr old & a 2 yr old running around I cannot just lay down and take a nap. I guess after like 7 yrs of periodically getting this pain, maybe it's time to go and see a doctor about this issue. If anyone finds out what this is please, please let me know. Thanks for sharing everyone and very good to know I am not the only one.  
Hi I am a 14 yr old girl and I have on and off pain in my belly button down to my vaginal area it is very sharp and it hurts to stand up / stretch it and it hurts to pee when it is goin on I haven't told anyone should I? Could this be servere and what coukd it be?
Have you tried pelvic floor therapy?  I am just starting treatment for what I believe is a complication of urodynamic test.  As for a referral from your urogynecologist or obgyn.  
Hi I am a male and I also get this same pain. I can't seem to find anything about it though. Seems like it must be a rare thing. Not sure.
I have had the same pain since I was a kid, now 38 and an RN. I'm starting to think this is a problem with the urachus. Look up urachal cyst. For me, it occurs two-thee times a year with extreme pulling sensation( like a string) pain upon trying to stand or urinate. For me, it has never lasted longer than 24 hrs at a time and I have dealt with it all of these yrs without seeking medical attention but I think it is the same thing that many of the people in this post describe and MDs just aren't familiar with it.
Here's a link....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urachal_cyst
I had the same thing at 18 years of age it was diagnosed as Endometriosis. I had to have a D&C it helped for a while. Don't take your pains for granted. You need to see a gynecologist. Left untreated much worse could begin. I had numerous D&C's for the same reason.  I could never have children I don't know if it had something to do with this or not but don't take chances.  Some Dr's would tell you having a baby helps, but if you are not ready for that commitment check out the D&C route.  BTW I am now in my 50's and my early 30's I had a complete hysterectomy. So make sure you are treated...there may be something new out there since my ordeal. Good luck!
I had exactly the same problem a month ago I'm 21 and was diagnosed with a twisted bowel cus they had no clue. They tried to say I was pregnant but I wasn't, for the pain they put me on buscopan.
The other day a friend she's 28 same problem she was admitted to hospital as she couldn't stand. They did loads of tests and still don't know what it was.
If anyone knows what the cause is. Would be helpful.
Finally!!!! It is related to prolonged periods of flexion at the waist( such as sitting, laying in fetal position, or gardening-weeding repetitiously, etc..I am a 34 year old male and have had this for about 20 years..sporadically..sometimes it goes away and does not return for several months...I am no doctor, but I am a massage therapist with excellent knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology, a lengthy background in martial arts, and am a landscaper to boot..all this is just to establish that I know pains,sprains, and strains, I know without a doubt, that this is not a UTI, bowel,constipation,g.i., issue, it's not an STD...it usually happens to me after repeated bending and raising at the hips, prolonged bending at waist..sometimes no reason at all...there is defenitely a ligament issue here.Listen to Peachnut, people. Oh, and it's not a hernia or interstitial-cystitus, it wouldn't be as sporadic as it is and/or it would advance to become something deadly by now..****, I've dealt with the pain for twenty years..it *****..Try to stretch (extend) your back slowly...s-l-ow-ly-..find the point to which it's not painful..then breathe and let it extend...pretty sure its an inflammation of the ligaments..I've also heard that the ligament has an attachment to the bladder, and when the bladder empties quickly, it pulls taught the ligament, causing the intense pain we all know and love..
Can anyone help me out i have pains from my belly button on down to my vagina idk whats wrong but im thinking its my mirena i have been feeling nausea & throwing up but im not pregnant & i went to the hospital not to long ago & i was having pains i could barely walk & the doctor said he couldn't find anything wrong with me please help me i can't stand this pain
So I know this was years ago that this was posted but I'm currently having the same pain it's really really bad and I don't have any issue going to the bath room. Did you find out what it was? I'm 19
I was just wondering if anyone has any more info. Im 21 and have had this pain for a  few yrs. I've been to the dr. She thought it was a uti but I've had it for so long. So did and untasound too, and nothing was wrong. I haven't had it for awhile but I got it again. It hurts everytime I move. I get it especially when I stand up, and it makes me almost fall over. Thanks
Hi my name is Afsana i have this kind of pain in my lower abdomen and it goes down towards my vagina and it is also like a pulling pain sometimes i only get that real pulling pain during my period , but right now i'm not on it and this pain is random comes when i stand or lay down sometimes when i cough i seen the doctor about this a while back but he said it was just swelling from working out then another doctor said it could've been from my plan b or i got my self a sonogram and they said a whole bunch of things but now i was told my uterus was now thickend and there could be many reasons for it like a fibroid or a cyst something like that , I'm really scared and i hope that this is not serious . I'm 19 years old and i am sexually active unprotected with one guy .& I'm not pregnant either . My doc told me to go to the gyno so i hope its not serious ?
Hello, I am male, but I have had the same problem minus the vagina part, but after a couple hours of tedious self educating, I discovered an explanation and solution, assuming the pain comes from your belly button. There is a little tube called the urachus which connects the navel to the bladder. It is used to expel urine through the umbilical chord when you are still in the uterus, but when you are born it basically turns into a tendon. It can get very tight when you are dehydrated, hunched over for a while, or workout without stretching. When you stand up quickly it stretches the area and pulls this chord causing a sharp pain. I assume the reason it hurts when you cough is because you are flexing your abdominal muscles. The best thing to do is try to slowly stretch it out by arching your spine backwards. It will hurt a little but it will go away relatively quickly. If this is your problem, then there is not much to worry about. I really hope this helped, good luck.
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm having the same problem. :(  I just really hope I'm not pregnant.
Hi, um I have the same thing as you, idk what it is thats causing it, but it hurts like hell when I stretch, or stand straight, and when I having to pee, it hurts, while I pee it feels as if its my belly button being pulled, so I have to stop peeing in mid way so it can stop hurting, I cant stay standing because of it, and it goes away, for like a couple of months but comes back. Today, right now it hit me really hard when I had strecthed a horrible pain around my belly button, and below my belly button, so I sat down trying to hold the pain. So I was wondering if you found out what it was, and im only 17, this pain started when I was around 12 or 11.
I'm 15, and pretty much exactly what you described has been happening to me since I was a kid. I tried to describe it to my parents a really long time ago but they didn't get it so I just kind of dropped it... It happens to me every couple months, and for me the only way for me to make it go away is to curl up into a ball and fall asleep, and it's usually gone by the time I wake up. I always thought it was just me, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that this happens to.
SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION. So I am currently 16 years old. I don't quite seem to remember when I started getting these pains but I surely am not pregnant and have never been sexually active. I used to get the pain at night and it hurt and it would keep me up and I would wake up super tired the next day. All I ever want to do is curl up in a ball and not move beciae it hurt. Well I found a SOLUTION !!!! One day i was in school when all of a sudden I started getting the pain. I wanted to curl up in a ball and I was in pain but I tried not to speak, breathe or move. When the bell rang at the end of class I was still on pain bit I did not want anyone to notice so I stood up and tried to act normal even though a strong pain shocked through me. I kept walking and then the pain started going away. By the time I reached my next class I did not have anymore pain and I was really relieved !!! One night I started to have the pain again and i was already trying to sleep. The more I tried to lay still the more I felt the pain. Then I remembered the day I was in school so I tried to get out of bed. I slowly moved out of bed. Pain shot through me so I paused every few seconds. When I got up I started to walk around my room and soon my pain went away. To be sure I started walking with "high knees", did some jumping jacks and lunges to see if my pain really did go away. After a while I went to lay down in bed and I could kind of still feel like the pain might start again but it does not. I do not know if it works for everyone but I hope it does because it is an awful pain to deal with. Hope this is useful.
I think I found a temporally solution. When you get the pain , I recommend walking around. I know it sounds painful but when I did it, the pain went away. I tried laying still and hurts. If your sitting or laying down, try getting up slowly, don't rush because it really hurts I'd you do it fast. Pause every second or so. Walk around for a few minutes and it goes away.. I just tried this a few times and it really helps. It sometimes feels like it will start again if I lay down but it doesn't much as pain level
I have the same thing too. Only I'm 12 and have had it since I was very small. It's more under my belly button though. I have learned that it will help with the pain a little if you apply heat to it. I can't stand up straight though. If you do hear anything from anyone please do let me know. It will be very appreciated.
Hi Hanoon,
  I know it's been a long time since you posted on here. But did you ever post what was wrong? I have been going through this for about 4 days now. Thanks, Heidi
I have this as well.. I'm 15 my pain its almost like I have slight swelling like bloating.. Thought it was pregnancy at first and I freaked but this can't be it for I only have this like lower abdominal pain. It feels like someone hit me and it swell and just hurts to walk not very bad but more uncomfortable and makes me pee alot. If anyone finds Anything please let me know...
I have this too, it just started yesterday night. It's so painful, I'm in tears. I really need help
Did u find out what it is from.  I am having the pain too
Ugh same and sometimes when I go take a dump it hurts up to my ***.
It's like if you got a hook stuck on your finger and you're trying to pull it out but it's just being a lil *****.
I have this pain off and on for years.. Mine is caused by bad gas that is not breaking down properly. Try drinking ginger. Pure ginger root boil it for 15 min and mix with honey.
Also definitely see a gastro Dr if it continues. I go every few yrs to get tested and everything is good but I still get these symptoms from time to time. Nexium works also for acid build up.
I'm having the same pain as everyone else here. I'm 20 years old. On top of all these pain symptoms, aggravated by stretching my stomach, peeing, etc., I also have to urinate every 20 minutes, sometimes less. I always drink a lot of water so it's not an increase in water intake that is causing the frequent bathroom visits. I've been nauseous since the pain started as well, and I can't eat very much without feeling full. Also, I haven't had my period since June 16. I rarely miss a period and when I do I get it early the next month, so being 54 days late concerns me. I can't possibly be pregnant because I'm a virgin. Is anyone else experiencing a missed period with these symptoms?
I'm not a doctor but this is what I did and the pain subsided within a few minutes.

I gently rolled onto my belly, stretched my legs out, did 3 deep breaths and got on my hands and knees, slowly arched my back up and down. So my head went down and back went up then I looked up and my back went to the bed.

The theory was I hurt a muscle or tendon when peeing too fast, so stretching it will be uncomfortable but it will relax it soon enough. It worked for me, I hope this helps.
I get this too but it literally goes from my belly bottom down to my vagina, it comes and goes in short spouts but is worse if I sit up suddenly from laying down or move quickly so I think it may just be a muscle pulled or something. But the part that concerns me is sometimes it's the other way around and I get a harsh shooting pain going up my vagina into my tummy. Anyone find out what this is?
It could be kidney stones. They cause sudden severe sharp pain/cramping in your lower back, your side, abdomen and/or pelvice/groin area. The pain can happen while uriniating as well. Other symptoms are nausea, vomiting and sweating. You may have blood in your urine and/or more frequent urination. Moving into different positions does not help relieve the pain.
I have the exact same pain and what I ;ve found to help is to drink a lot of water that usually helps the pain to simmer down. But thats just what helps me I would give it a try...!
I am a 14 year old female, I just had this attack as well so I went searching for answers online, probably not the most promising solution.However, it was so excruciating, I went to the bathroom for the reason that, my stomachs hurt I went to the bathroom and it got worse after pushing,it felt like a huge stabbing cramp under my belly button left and right side,moving farther down.It hurt when I tried to lay down I could stand up straight for it would hurt worse and when ever I put pressure it would hurt more, I vomited a couple times by force thinking it was some type of food I consumed.after forcing myself to do that and taking two midol it's a bit bareable but I don't know where it came from,and I'm very worried that it's something internally. Please if you have any answers please tell me I am sooo scared.thank you.
I'm 17 years old and I'm going through this as well... I have no idea what's happening to me and it freaks me out
I also has the same pain and I can't sit and any sudden movements
I had a similar pain last year, and after having gone to the Dr and after having undergone tests, a cyst was found on my ovary. The best advice would be to consult a professional doctor or gynaecologis.
*Gynaecologist
Gynecologist**
I have this too!! It happens to me about 3 times a year! Please let me know what this is!!!