Pelvic Pain When Standing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pelvic Pain When Standing

Hi, my name is Alyssa and for the past year I have been getting a severe pain in the left side of my pelvis, but only when standing. It doesn't come on right away but gradually gets worse and worse as I am on my feet. Sometimes I can be standing or walking for 2 hrs, other times it hurts in the 20mins it takes me to shower. I am desperate for answers, I can't live a normal life anymore. I had to quit my retail job, I can't shop, cook, exercise or even blow dry my hair while standing anymore! Anyone ever heard of anything like this? The only thing I can find on the internet is Pelvic Congestion Syndrom (syndrome) which my OBGYN won't even consider since I've never been pregnant. HELP!
Hi there.  Shame it really sound very bad.  I have a couple of questions for you:
1.  Does the pain feel like its in the bone or more in the tissue
2.  Can you press ont he section where the pain is and does it cause more pain
3.  Where you in any type of accident prior to getting this pain
Good luck!
Pretty much feels like its in the tissue. Its very localized. One spot, I would say about an inch or 2 in diameter.

It doesn't cause more pain to press on it, if anything that helps slightly

I have had a few minor accidents before the pain, but nothing right before that I can associate with it.

Thanks!
Hello there.  I have looked on the internet and there are a number of reasons.  My suggestion would be to maybe go back to Gynie and ask her to run a couple of test.  A nice website is http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec18/ch242/ch242d.html.  Hope it clears up!!
I will still see if I can not find something else for you as well
Good luck!
I wish that would work, i have been there a few times, and she just seems uninterested in my problem!  I honestly think she doesnt believe me! Oh well I have an appointment at the end of the month where she will most likely want to schedule me for laprascopy.