Period 4 days late, negative prenancy test, Am I pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am really confused right now! My last period started on March 31. I expected it to come again around April 29 or May 1. However it didnt. I took 3 hpt's and they all came back negative. All of the symptoms that I normally have when Im on my period or when it is about to start are still here but no period. My breast are really tender however this is something that normally happens right before my period. My period has never been more than a day late and it being a day late is very rare becasuse I normally start early. Could I be pregnant and just taking the hpt too early? They say that you can take them as early as the first day of missed period and im 5 days late now. What do I do? Please help me
Did you have unprotected sex around the time you ovulated?
If so, you might be pregnant.  Since you're not very late,
I'd recommend using another HPT in a few days or going to your
OB/GYN for a pregnancy blood test.  The blood test is more
accurate than a urine test as long as you don't test too early.
There could be a number of reasons why you haven't started your period. Have you had any vaginal pain, pain in the overies or pain having sex. These are signs of either an infection or possibly a female problem. Wait a week to see if your period begins,many things can cause you to be late. Have you been under alot of stress? Stress can make you late as well. Try not to stress out about the late period, it happens to everyone at one time or another. Keep track of the days and if nothing happens in a week, go to a doctor and get a pregnancy blood test they are more reliable than a home test. Good luck and remember DON'T STRESS OUT....
im having the same problem except i am 4 days late. i am always always on time with a 28 day cycle. i was supposed to get my period on sunday the 30th and i am now 4 days late. i took a hpt on monday and yesterday and both times were negative. im so confused. i have had an ovarian cyst - could this be the cause of anything?!
Wow... our stories are very similar!  I was supposed to start on the 30th, and took a test on Monday  and it was negative.  :(  Are you hoping to be pg?  My dh and I have been trying for about a year now!
SAME WIT ME.... MY PD WAS TO COME ON FEB 2, 08 I TOOK TO TEST IT CAME BACK NEG. SOOOOOO NOW IM 4 DAYS LATE, I DNT THINK IM STRESS OUT I AM FIND PLZ HELP, HOW LONG SHOULD I CHILL 4, DO THE END OF THE WEEK SOUND GOOD?
i just had a baby 10 weeks ago i am 4 days late but they say that it could be because my period is not regular but for the last two months it it has been coming at the same time i have had unprotected at least 4 times i am going to give it a few more days then see what happen
wow iam 5 days late and took a home pg test and its negative and i always get my period on time also!!!my breasts are really sore and tender!!!!
I have never written in these comment things on line or never answer any question, but what the hell. I was suppose to get my period the Friday March 20th and didn't. it's Monday now and still nothing. I'm going on 4 days without getting my period. I did a HPT on Saturday and Sunday and they both came out negative. Is it to early to find out? I'm trying to get pregnant and I had sex when I was suppose to last month, but I'm very hard to get pregnant, it took me years to get pregnant with my daughter.. someone please help w/b....
being that you were pregnant before you know you may have to wait a little longer to test. or better yet get a blood test. that way no waiting
****.. I was supposed to get my period the 18th or 19th of March, but I haven't and now I'm 4 days late going on 5. I'm planning on taking a pregnancy test tomorrow, but I'm scared. My boobs aren't that tender, but they're sort of sore and I'm really gasey. I also have more acne then usual, but I can't tell if that's because I switched to a new face wash or not. I've been having unprotective sex which I know is very unsafe, but seriously we were VERY careful. My sleeping schedule has been kind of crazy and I have been a bit stressed out so that could be it, but I'm not sure. I've been eating like I'm going to get my period though.. And my acne and gaseyness shows I should be getting it. Whenever I am late it only lasts 1 day or 2. It's 4 going on 5 and i'm about to pee in my pants because I'm so scared.
theres nothing careful about unprotected sex...its unprotected...anytime you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant
i had my last period 4th march and i am 4-5days late, my perdiods are always spot on aswel, and i have been having unprotected sex for the last few months, but the thing is i had a misscarriage last month on the third week, i would like to know wheather its normal not to get your period after that, or am i pregnant again? havent tested yet but probably should ...=S
So I am having the same issues I am 4 days late this last month I have been  a little stressed and  I have been super tired and emotional. I am comfused I took a test on apr 28 and it came back negative I am also on yaz I have only be succesfully on it for 3months So i shouldent be but I dont know why I haven't started yet. I keep feeling like I will be starting soon but nothing. Does anyone have any idea what is going on.
I am 4 days late for my period. This is abnormal for me. I get it a day earlier or later, but it has never been this late before. We only go condom-less at the very beginning maybe 5% of the time. I have also been experiencing pain during sex during deep thrusting following an aching pain after sex. I don't think I'm pregnant though it is possible. I also have light aches during the day and my breasts are swollen and tender. Times like these I wish i had a female doctor :(
I am also 4 days late!!! I took the IUD out and started my pills ( Nor QD ) the same day, Sept 13 and got my pd on the 14th. My breast are very tender and soar and my sleep is all but normal. I have been a bit cranky and emotional, but because I haven't had a period in 6 years due to the IUD I am not sure if I should worry ( did I mention I took some pills late and didn't use any other protection! ) I am gonna take a test next week. Should I worry????
hi all can anyone give me some advice im 11 days late for my period iv been having some light pink spot bleeding recently but not much at all it only seems to be when i wipe. i have also been checking my cervix and yesterday and today it has been really high and hard to reach it also seems to be closed and quite soft. i had some minor cramps nausia and headaches over the past couple of weeks. i took a pregnancy test today which i bought of the internet it was a cheap box of 10 tests and they are only like little strips well anyway it came out negative i am so confused i really feel like i could be pregnant. also my lower abdomen is swollen and very hard can anyone give me any advise about this do yu think its possible to still be pregnant even with a negative test. thanks so much for any replies in advance they will be greatly appreciated. hope you all are well.
I know this is wayyy late, lol, but usually a blood test will only show up positive if you're at least 6 weeks along.
WELL i had a period on March 1 2012 then on March 29th 28 days on point it was suppose to be here on the 26th of april still lookin for it i tap a nap everyday my lower back hurts i have headaches my breast and my underarms hurt...took home test almost last wednesday and negative hhhhmmm what is it
Hi  I know this is  way late and I hope your situation ended well :) but I am having similar problems: I had unprotected sex 3 days before ovulation. Since I've been monitoring my periods for 2 yrs ow they have never been more than a day late. I am now 4 days late but took 2 hpt and oth very clear " not pregnant"  what gives .. Only symptom other than the missed pd is a sensitive stomach and light queasy ness .