Period Early and Heavy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Period Early and Heavy

I am 24 years old.

My period came a week early this month - it is usually to the day every 29 days. It was very heavy the first 2 days - like a pad every hour or so. I lost so much blood that I felt faint. I had a lot of cramping (more than usual) and a severe migraine. Now after 4 days it has taperd off to almost nothing.

Could this just be a "normal" period or was it maybe a miscariage? Can you miscarry that early? I am not under any stress and I cannot think of anything in my life that has changed.

HI WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE?HAVE YOU RECENTLY STARTED TAKING BIRTH CONTROL PILLS OR ON A DEPO SHOT TREATMENT PLAN NOW,THAT HAS JUST STARTED?IT IS HARD TO SAY IF YOU MICARRIED,DID YOU NOTICE AN EMBRYO OR A FORM THAT MIGHT RESEMBLE A EMBRYO?WHEN YOU STARTED YOUR PERIOD DID YOU START CRAMPING ALL OF A SUDDEN AND THEN START BLEEDING?THAT IS HOW A MISCARRIAGE USUALLY GOES THE WOMAN WILL HAVE SUDDEN CRAMPING AND THEN START BLEEDING.THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING.YOU CAN ALL WAYS GO AND GET CHECKED OUT JUST TO MAKE SURE.IF YOU DID HAVE A MISCARRIAGE IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA ANY WAYS SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE YOUR UTERUS SCRAPED FROM THE OLD SCAR TISSUE THAT IS IN THERE.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
I have intercourse about 4 times a week with my husband. I am not on chemical bc and never have been. I the pain started all at once, but I did not notice anything in the blood - just real heavy
The same thing happened me to last month. I spoke with a nurse and she said it is possible to have a miscarriage before the time you should start your cycle. Mine was spotting one day light blood the next day, and clots the third day then it was gone.
i have a period 2 days early and its really heavier than normal. i had sex 3 days ago from period with boyfriend. could i be pregnant?
my peroid is 4days early  and heavey. and having a lot of cramping and sore legs, and and feel sick,