Period Stopped... And Started Again?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Period Stopped... And Started Again?

On March 11 my period started and was normal as usual and ended about the 13th.  On this past Friday, mid-afternoon I developed a low grade fever (100 degrees) and had the worst stomach/lower abdomen cramping I have ever experienced.  It lasted the remainder of the night- I mostly slept- and I had chills until my fever broke at about 11 pm.  Saturday I was feeling better but was pretty fatigued and my stomach was still worn out.  This morning was the same story- only last night right before going to bed, my period started again.  Today it hasn't stopped.  It doesn't seem to be normal in the sense that it seems to be old blood (dark red), brown, and not near as heavy, but I can't understand what's going on.  I have a boyfriend and we have sex regularly, but I started Yasmin early February.  Any ideas on what is going on?
It could be from the birth control. Lots of women go through changes with their periods when on it. The chills and fever could be just a flu or virus and has nothing to do with what you're experiencing from your periods. And remember that bc is never 100% effective. SO you may wanna go see your Dr! Good Luck and god bless!
Your best bet is to check in with your doctor.  You might have
some kind of infection or worse be suffering a miscarriage
from a chemical pregnancy.  It seems logical that the flu
could or would effect B/C pills.  In fact, it lessens the
strength of the Pill so you might have to use some back-up
method of contraception until you talk to your doctor.