Period for 3 weeks, heavy bleeding on week 2

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 25 years old (26 in one month)I recently just got off my BC to attempt in baby number 2. When I was on my BC I would get my period exactly 2 weeks into the cycle. Not very heavy but I would be bleeding for a good week at a time. Once I would get my period on schedule, it would last for a few days, like normal. So I stopped taking the BC and did not spot at all the first month. I was probably about 4-5 days late to get my period and have had it ever since. The beginning of it was normal, then continuous spotting for a week and half. I was thinking I had a yeast infection due to a foul smell as well. Then a couple days later, I had sever cramps (thought I had to use the bathroom # 2) and when I went, the toilet was full of blood. When I wiped, there was clear clots that I was wiping. I have had this heavy blood for about 4 days now. Now I am going to call my doctor and get checked out, I wanted to see if anyone had this problem before and if I should be really concerned that I may have had a miscarriage, yeast infection or hormonal problem. Last time I had a pap, everything came back normal (about 10 months ago). Just kinda scared that something could be wrong. Has this happened to anyone else? What was the outcome?
You seem to be having the symptoms of metrorrhagia(heavy periods). Various factors causing it are endometriosis,ectopic pregnancy,hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia,polyps,use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases,PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus.
I would suggest you to consult a gynecologist and get a pelvic examination and swab culture done to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment depends on the confirmation of diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
15 hrs ago by gymdandee
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals