Period for 4 weeks and blood clotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Period for 4 weeks and blood clotting

My history is very long. My first period was when I was 10 and since then I have been irregular. When I was 11 I had a period with heavy bleeding for over a month, but when I went to the doctor she said that my period was adjusting. Later when I was 15 some cysts were found on my ovaries and then disappeared, however painful and heavy periods continue, in average it lasted a week and sometimes was twice a month. When I was about 18 I went to the doctors to advise my problem, and the doctor by just looking at me (im overweight) said that I had PCOS and that no further testing was necessary. I didnt even know what it meant until I looked it up but the doctor just gave me birth control pills for it. The birth control pills will somehow control the length of my period but not the pain.Then I went to another doctor and I had an ultrasound and pap smear but didnt find anything and said that I didnt have PCOS. Anyway now I am 24 and with the same problem, but this time I have my period for 4 weeks now, and I have large blood clots, but everytime that I go to the doctors they send me home saying its normal. What could I have and how come no doctor make a proper diagnosis?
oh thts too bad... one of my frens had similar experiences. irregular, continuing for long long time, excessive bleeding etc. she had birth controlling pills. go to a renownd doctor. cuz u cnt jst adjust on what we say. as ur frens abt a doctor. ur food habit, hormones r major as far as i know. im sorry thts all i cn say...apparently look for a nice doc n improve ur food habit, drink enough..