Women's Health Community
Period for 4 weeks and blood clotting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Period for 4 weeks and blood clotting

Hi,
My history is very long. My first period was when I was 10 and since then I have been irregular. When I was 11 I had a period with heavy bleeding for over a month, but when I went to the doctor she said that my period was adjusting. Later when I was 15 some cysts were found on my ovaries and then disappeared, however painful and heavy periods continue, in average it lasted a week and sometimes was twice a month. When I was about 18 I went to the doctors to advise my problem, and the doctor by just looking at me (im overweight) said that I had PCOS and that no further testing was necessary. I didnt even know what it meant until I looked it up but the doctor just gave me birth control pills for it. The birth control pills will somehow control the length of my period but not the pain.Then I went to another doctor and I had an ultrasound and pap smear but didnt find anything and said that I didnt have PCOS. Anyway now I am 24 and with the same problem, but this time I have my period for 4 weeks now, and I have large blood clots, but everytime that I go to the doctors they send me home saying its normal. What could I have and how come no doctor make a proper diagnosis?