Women's Health Community
Period for four months?! What's wrong with me?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Period for four months?! What's wrong with me?

I have been on my menstrual cycle since the end of august. It is now December. What could be wrong with me? I've tried contacting women clinics but no one can "schedule me an appointment" until april because they are "so backed up". What is wrong with me? What should I do? I'm only 19 years old.. could this cause infertility?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Excessive amount or duration of menstrual flow, at more or less regular intervals is called menorrhagia. Sometimes it is associated with polymenorrhea(Frequent flow, cycles of ≤21 days)Causes of menorrhagia are Hypothyroidism, Endometrial proliferation or hyperplasia like ovarian tumor and polycystic ovarian disease, endometrial polyps and neoplasia, endometriosis, fibroids and uterine sarcomas.

In my opinion you need to get your pelvic examination done from your gynecologist along with investigations like complete blood count, thyroid function tests, PAP smear and ultrasound uterus.Once cause of menorrhagia is identified,treatment can be planned.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
I am having issues, i have never been on birth control for longer than 6 months. I have had a clamydia (chlamydia) twice in my life, i had trichomonis for a couple years without every knowing. I have been infected with the HPV virus for 5 years now, i have never noticed any symptoms ever except for my boyfriend, who recently got diagnosed with warts. I went to get answers, and they said i have warts too. Genital warts.  Yet, to find out a week later after the lab results came back i was found positive for Genital Herpes!! I have suffered awful outbreaks constantly for almost 7 months straight. I now have cloudy deadly odors coming from my anus, my vagina, and my body. I don't know where to begin? Is there any advice for me?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank