Period lasting for about 6-7 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-364 comments:
definatly will try these pills just so tired of bleeding and all these heavy clots will post again in a month or so for an update.
I couldn't help but comment after finding this forum and seeing how many women are experiencing this issue. I would like to share my story, as perhaps it may help some of you get the answers you seek. Please bear with me as it is a bit lengthy. I am 31 years old and started my period when I was 12 years old. Back then my period lasted for 9 days which was clearly some cause for alarm. I was told I was anemic and encouraged to take my iron, eat my greens, etc. Since then my period has been very consistent, with my cycle ranging from 28-38 days. I NEVER missed a period, with the exception of one month five years ago when I became pregnant and decided to have an abortion. I had no complications from that abortion and my cycle continued its usual course. It's important to note that I have also used emergency contraceptive and tried a birth control patch for like "5 minutes" over the years, but I have never taken any other regular oral contraceptives. Fast forward six years later and I am having a 3 week period in the month of November, with unusual heavy clotting. Other than the clotting and sensitivity in my breasts, I had no pain or unbearable cramps. Before I panicked, I thought about other contributing factors, such as the soy diet I was on for the past four months, or the emergency contraceptive I took two weeks before that was not a brand I had used before. I was rooting for the diet, as I wasn't ready to deal with the possibility that my birth control had failed. I then consulted my PCP who placed me on said diet. Blood tests revealed what I did not want to hear (be careful what you wish for), but hearing the information seemed worse. My hormone levels were ridiculously high, and I may have a high risk pregnancy. Follow up with my OBGYN started smoothly, although she was not able to see any clear signs of a fetus. After hearing how high my levels were from my PCP, my OBGYN suggested more blood work and another ultrasound. The story was the same, I was pregnant but a fetus was nowhere to be found (ectopic pregnancy being ruled out), so a D & C was recommended which I did. Two days after the surgery, I received a call from my OBGYN stating that I needed to go to the ER because examined tissue from my uterus still showed thickening, and she was concerned. More blood work also revealed that my hormone levels were still high, reason for more concern. Hospitalization for four days, an additional ultrasound, Cat Scan, and MRI later, I was informed that I have a malignant tumor (cancer) in my uterus known as Gestational Trophoblastic Disease (Google for more info), which thankfully was at stage one and did NOT metastasize. This disease produces pregnancy like hormones which was the reason for the positive tests. At this point I WISHED I was pregnant instead. I am now receiving chemotherapy and my hormone levels have decreased. I was told that my diagnosis is rare, but after reading some of these comments I am not too sure. I am not saying this is or will be the case for some of you, but it is one thing that can be ruled out before you are told to take one more pill or given no answer at all.  I guess I am lucky with the professional medical team I am in contact with, because as soon as my OBGYN realized this was beyond her scope, she referred me to a gynecological specialist and oncologist. Although they are not able to tell me the exact cause (abortion, diet, emergency contraceptive) of this tumor, the important thing is that a diagnosis was established within a week of consultation and an effective treatment plan has been put in place. It really pains my heart to see how many women are suffering, even more so when you don't know what is going on with your body. Again, I hope my story will shed some light or help someone along the road to recovery.
I am 18 and I have had my period for almost 3 months now. I have the same problem never knowing when my period will start. I even went an entire year without having it sometimes it will show up for a week sometimes once every 6 months its always a suprise. But now its been occurring for 3 months plus I have nosebleeds coughing sore throat stomach pain and a stuffy nose. I am gay so there's no possibility I'm pregnant. I'm to embarrassed to speak to a doctor. Any advice? Please!?!
The doctors should all be ashamed of themselves for prescribing so much birth control and PROVERA to cover up our problems! These are highly toxic chemicals that can lead to various cancers of the breast and cervix! They are lazy good for nothings! I am a recent Vegan and I am about to drop some pounds. Being overweight and obese causes any excess of concentrated estrogen in the body which affects your hormone levels significantly. My advice would be to minimize your stress levels, take a whole food vitamin supplement such MegaFood, loose excess weight, get adequate amount of sleep per night, consume less meat/dairy/seafood and more vegetables, fruits and whole grains and STOP taking birth control and provera as they they do more harm to good.....
2 years ago I was on my period for 7 months straight, and to the point where i couldn't get out of bed because my blood clots were so bad, if I turned over I had a blood clot, if I took a step I had a blood clot. It was really bad. I went to the doctor about 3 months into it and he gave me some medicine that didn't help, it was birth control. It actually made it worse. the 5th month in he gave me some testronine pills (men hormone pills) that helped very little, then 6 1/2 months in  I had to be hospitilzed because I lost so much blood. Your normal blood count should be at 24 to 28. Mine was at 4. They were suprised that I didn't have a heart attack. With your blood count that low your heart isn't pumping correctly and can go into A fib. It really scared me, they gave me 8 blood transfusions, that's almost a whole body worth of blood! They took every kind of test available, found nothing. They gave me CAT scans, x-rays. everything. They never found the cause of it. They gave me some medicine that finally helped, my period stopped the next day and I was feeling better, I had energy back, I wasn't always out of breath. it was nice. I could walk to the corner store and be ok and not feel like I wanted to just lay on the sidewalk and take a nap. but now my period has started up again :( I have been on it for almost 2 months again. I feel like crap and I'm really freaked out. I have a doctors app on Monday to see what's going on, but they probably won't be able to figure out what's going on, and that really really freaks me out. I'm like one of those rare unknown cases. Hopefully though they can figure it out.
I am 23 and I have had irregular periods like I would have one period every two months the doc said that was fine. I had my son c section who is now 3 about to be 4 in april, 6 months later I had my gallbladder removed and never had any problems with my periods.  I had my daughter c section who is now 1 yr old and had my tubes tied like two days later. My doc told me after having her and with my stomach healing my periods would be messed up, well it has been a year and ever since i had her and my tubes tied one time I had my period for 3 months then didnt have one for another two months and now my period has lasted for almost 2 months again and have had these symptoms: headaches, tired, pain in my left side, backache ever since my c section and tubal can someone please give my some advise or help i dont know what is going on with me!! thanks
I am 19, I  have always had irregular periods since the first one at 11. They were irregular but consistent for quite some time. I would go several months without getting one, sometimes up to about 8 or 9 months, then I would get one for every month around the same time for 3 to 4 months, then repeat. They usually lasted about 7 days, light on the first day, medium/heavy the next two, and then it would just taper off from there. Every once in a while it would change up and come at a completely different time of the month. Now I have been on my period for over 5 months. It started out very light for the first month or two and then since November it's just gotten worse. It hasn't stopped once but it ranges from light, to moderate, to heavy, with either lots of little clots or some huge, scary ones. I don't have any other symptoms really, no pain, no discomfort, just lots of bleeding.
It is such a relief to have found this site and know that I am not the only one this is happening too. I'm going to take the advice on this forum and try some Vitex and hope it works!
Sounds like a hormonal problem maybe?
I had a miscarriage  last October. Had a regular period. Then a few days later had another regular period. A few days after that I started lightly bleeding and now its been a month and still light bleeding. My stomach just recently started hurting. I'm calling Dr tomorrow. Anyone going through this? I seen Aaron Dr after miscarriage and said I had infection and that I already passed the baby. I was only a month or less pregnant. I was very very upset. But now I'm just bleeding lightly. Pain just started yesterday.
I'm 21, I've had a period for what would be 3 weeks tomorrow. (Jan. 9th, 2012) I had my son Feb 2011, had normal period up until December. I've had headaches quite a bit, some cramping (which I don't get with a normal period). Is anyone else having or have had these problems? I have no insurance at the moment. I've had lots of stress here lately, and I'm overweight, but working on my weight. Could it be stress? This has never happened to me before. Any help would be wonderful.
Before taking these supplements, if you are on any hormone pills or medications make sure it's okay first. Some herbs can effect your medications.
I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I've been having irregular periods for probably the last 5 years, especially the last year where it was worse, spotting continuously. I went to the doc in July and I ended up having a uterine polyp (1st thought to be a fibroid). I had a laporoscopy and d & c done in August. I was told my hormone level showed I was not yet in menopause and if I had more bleeding problems call. Well I waiting from November until January when I got a really heavy period with lots of clots before I called. I just started taking generic form of Provera (a hormone replacing progestrone). Today I went for a walk to get lunch (car broke) and got winded really fast. I was going to the gym a lot before the holidays with no problem. I thought maybe the meds were bothering me, but the nurse thinks it's my iron and wants me to come in for a test. In the mean,time I had restarted Iron pills, I had all the symptoms of severe anemia at this point, rapid heartbeat upon short exursion, shortness of breath and dizziness. Lasted for a few hours. I did take iron when I came back from lunch. I took an additions iron supplement this evening as well. Hopefully I won't need a blood transfusion. Feeling very weak, irritable and lousy all around today.
Thanks I will buy it
l have been suffering irregular periods since l was 12 years old , my first period l had the bleeding was so heavy that l went to bed  one night after bleeding heavily for around 8 days , l woke up in the hospital my dad  had found me collapsed  in the hallway from blood loss , Every period after that l usually ended up in hospital needing a blood transfussion because they where so heavy and just would not stop. The pill regulated it for a little while and so did Primolut N tablets

After a series of tests and l am not kidding close to 100 hospital visits l finally found a Dr  that discovered some answers l have Von Willbrands disease a bleeding disorder , why l am still suffering the same problems l now know what it is , l am wanting to get a hysterctomy  but because of my age  and the fact l have no kids l have to wait.

l sympathise  fully for everyone suffering and l understand it drains you mentally and physically , please do not give up ask the Drs not to just check  your blood count and iron levels but fully for anything else that may be going on
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) can cause abnormally long periods..I just got diagnosed with it after having a 15 day period. I have no cysts and never have but apparently you can have all the bloodwork indicating PCOS without the cysts. See an endocrinologist or Hormone specialist. Usually symptoms of PCOS start when you start having periods causing very long periods, bleeding between periods, abnormally heavy bleeding, or even missed periods. All of you guys dealing with this that can't figure it out, PCOS sounds like the prime suspect if you haven't already had bloodwork that has ruled it out. Regular doctors don't usually look for it, only gynos and hormone docs would automatically start there.
kimmy i am going through the same thing. im 47 and have been bleeding since dec 1st 2011 it is heavy and clotted, this happened 2 years ago and lasted 21 days went to the doctor then had a pap and everything was normal, got the birth control but it didnt help. now here it jan 2011 and im surprised i have not bled to death, i am also anemic and am so tired all the time i cant get anything done and my husband just makes remarks about how lazy ive become and sleep all the time. i cant afford the doctor so i guess ill just wait it out. any suggestions? good luck to you
I'm 25 years old and i have never had a regular period.. I can go almost a full year without one When I got pregnant with my son I didnt think I could I didnt even have a period the month before i conceived him lol and after I had him my period regulated for a few months and then went back to irregularity then 9 months later again the same thing happened had a period 2 months before I became pregnant again and after I had my daughter it regulated for a few months and went back to whats normal for me.. I thought I was finally becoming regular and now its back to the beginning im on my 3 almost 4th month of me not having a period I'm really glad im not alone in this :) I have tried BC to regulate it and everytime i get off of it it doesnt work so I'm hoping one day I can finally become regular because its pretty annoying you never know when its going to happen and you arent prepared for it
you probebly dont get this alot but my girlfriend asked me to she has had a constant period for 4 weeks strait and counting she's been getting constant back pains and has been throwing up she got a birth control needle 4 weeks ago but they didnt put it in the normal spot witch is her leg they put it in her arm i dont know if this has eneything to do with whats going on but the worst part is the amount of blood she is losing she been pale and passing out from it in her words "gushing" she went to the doctor and they said take 4 400mg ibeprofen tablets every day but it hasnt worked sence she got them and its been getting more worse as time is going on not enough to be put in hospital but im afraid its gunna get there i care about her so much and i dont want to lose her can all of you give me suggestions i can give her to stop the blood flow and pain it would be very apreasiated
I have been bleeding since Nov. 2. It has been fairly heavy! Im passing large blood clots maybe a little bigger than a fifty cent piece. I cramp only when it is extremely heavy. Im always uncomfortable wearing two pads. Not able to sleep in a comfortable position! (fear of accidents in the bed) I'm weak and cannot function normally at all. My doctor checked me and i have fibroids. All treatment was unsuccessful! Surgery is needed to remove my uterus. SoI'm waiting and welcoming my historectomy! They tried another procedure to remove them and they came back worse. I encourage if you already have children to have your uterus removed because the drug treatment last only a short period. I was on hormone pill, the depo, and birth control and i continue bleeding for 3 months. They scraped the fibroids out in July 09. They resurfaced and became bothersome November 2, 11. I've been cramping and bleeding every since. Not to mention the weight due to hoarding these things. I look like im almost due!!!! So please look into fibroids and consider a historectomy! Hope that is helpful !
I GOT MY PERIOD WHEN I WAS 13 AND IT LASTED THREE MONTHS STOPPED FOR A MONTH . IT DID THIS TILL I WAS 15 WHEN MY MOM PUT ME ON THE PILL.AROUND WHEN I WAS 17 IT STARTED BURNING WHEN I PEE AND HURTS TO HAVE SEX. THE DOCTORS CHECKED ME FOR ALL THE DISEASES BUT I KNOW THATS NOT THE PROBLEM BECAUSE EVERY TEST WAS NEGETIVE. IM 19 NOW AND I NEED HELP IM GOING BACK TO THE DOCTOR NEXT WEEK HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THESE SAME ISSUSES SO FAR THE INTERNET HASTOLD ME POSSIBLY ITS ENDOMETRIOSIS I HAVE EVERY SYMPTOM BUT I JUST WAND SOME INPUT FROM PEOPLE WHO MAY KNOW WHATS CAUSING ALL THESE ISSUSES
I've been worried lately because I've always had normal periods. I'm 23. I missed my period in November & December but I was sure it was just stress because thats happened to me before. My period started back up (or I thought) in the beginning of Jan and was light the first week but & it's been off & on since. No insurance- I will try the herbal medicine.
I am 22, never been pregnant, never had any irregular(heavy) periods. ive been on birth control since i was 17. i swapped from a low dose to a high dose a year ago then swapped back to a low dose again this year....but once i started the low dose pack, i started my period the next month and i have been bleeding now for a month straight. I went to my dr a week ago, they did a pregnancy test and blood test to make sure I wasnt anemic, but the tests came back fine, so they put me on a higher dose of pills. then this week i had the most aweful lower stomach pain(which ive never hurt this bad before) and i ended up pouring numerous clots of blood and the pain almost immediately went away. i went to the hospital the next morning and they did more tests....drew my blood, urine cathe (pregnancy) test, pap smear(which i was super sensitive to), and inner ultrasound. at this point, im beginning to wonder if i was pregnant and didnt know it and lost it or something.... but the only thing the drs came up with is i had a small hematoma(clot of blood) inside my uterus. they gave me some pain medicine and told me to keep taking my pills....then again tonight i feel the pain come on again, so i take the pain medicine. i just passed more blood clots than i did the other night, but this time the pain hasnt gone away, so i assume theres more clots to come. i am going to see an obgyn to see what my options are because this is the most uncomfortable, embarrassing thing that ive ever been thru. me and my husband plan on having a baby and i just pray that this doesnt hinder us. i hope the bleeding stops soon....i dont want to end up in the hospital getting blood transfusions because the doctors overlooked something. i wish the best of luck to all the ladies out there going thru this too and if anyone has any answers, i would love to know why this is happening!
i've also been irregular since my first period at 13. It'd last for 11 days when it came and go for a months without having one. When i was 17 i collapsed after 18days non stop. I was given iron tablets for the anaemia, bc pill for the irregular periods and glucose tablets for energy. The obgyn said it was hormonal imbalance. It normalised for a while but the periods became really painful. I'm 22 now and still irregular. I last had a period last year in july. One started on the 12th of january this year and today 29 i'm still bleeding, fresh blood and sometimes small clots. It's devastating and i pray to God we all find a lasting solution.  Any suggestions/help
I'm 21 with no children and never been on any birth control, I've been on my period for over three weeks sometimes its very light but it gives off a brownish discharge. This have been happening for the past 6 months off and on. I haven't told anyone  and haven't gone to a gynecologist because I'm afraid. I decided to Google it to see I could of find any info but after reading through these posts I've realized there are a lot of women going through similar problems and gave me the confidence to talk about it to someone so I can have some support when i see a gynecologist.
So Thank You ladies thank you so much to help me realize I'm not alone and to get professional help!
Im 24, December 25 was the last day of my normal cycle. I started again on Jan 1, lasted for about 5 days, started AGAIN on Jan 12 lasted about 7 days and then again on Jan 22 for 4 days and then again on Jan 30 (today) I have Cyst on my ovaries and I am guessing this is a side effect from it? I also growing more hair, like on my face and neck and the hair on my legs is growing SO much faster! This is very annoying... I need answers without going to the Dr. Oh and I have no kids. Was once pregnant when I was 15 and lost it, is there anyone out there who has PCOS and has had kids?
Ok I am 26 and I have had irregular periods off and on in my life. The period I am currently on started September 16th and I am still going. I have been to the doctors they gave me provera 10mg to take for 10 days it stopped it for about 3 days and came back.. Saturday morning (jan 28th) I was in a car accident. We were struck on the passenger side by a drunk driver. Since then my period has become even worse. From 6:30am sat morning till Sunday at 10 pm I had went through 52 pads completly. I  am passing massive clots and when I went to the hospital they told me there is nothing they can do and that I should go see my primary doctor. I have an appointment at 9. I am just so frustrated. I have not only gone through several pads then I have used 25 pads today and they are the always super long over night maxi's and I am now using 2 at a time just so that I will not bleed through to my clothes as fast. On Sunday morning I stood up and a bunch of clots just gushed out of me and it was like a waterfall it went down my legs and everything. ruined a pair of pants not to mention it embrassed me. I have read several different postings on here and it is nice to know that I am not the only one going through this but I just do not think it should ever be this bad my clots are a little over half dallor size and I am just so stressed out over this... If anyone has any suggestions that might work just to make this period stop I would apperciate it... Because these doctors do not do anything
I dont have the money or the insurance to cover testing iv been to the health department and they gave me birthcontrol but I havent stop bleeding completely idk what to do but I hope for the best for you
I think is the depo shot.
When I was 23 I suddenly started gaining weight, as in 20 lbs. in one week and during this time I had always been described as eating like a bird.  Prior to this I had very sporadic periods and afterwards I had no period.  Dark hair began appearing on my neck and face region and I went from a size 5 to 2x in a couple of months: at first my doctor thought this was could be a thyroid problem as my mother has a thyriod problem, it was not.  She determined that I have ovarian cysts.  
I have never been pregnant.
Treatment thus was to put me on birthcontrol pills. There are other options but studies have shown women who have had their uterus removed at a young age (I'm 28 now) are more likely to end up with breast cancer, so this option was elected not a good option.
That said I have gone through four or five different types of birth control which are proscribed because the hormones can help to prevent the cysts from getting larger and growing more and we needed to find the right balance of hormones.
One such pill caused me to have VERY heavy bleeding for three and a half months.  This, I was told, was because the hormones interacted with my hormonal imbalance poorly, and then I was switched to a different type and my periods went back to 5-7 days a month.  After seven months my cysts got worse: possibly because my body seems to adapt to drugs fairly quickly (making OTC pain medications virtually worthless to me) and so I was put on a new birth control that seems to be regulating my problem again.
Perhaps my doctor knows what she's doing, perhaps she doesn't.  At any rate, hopefully this will help someone and if someone else has been through this and has a different answer than mine it would be nice to know.
I'm going through the same thing right now, I've been bleeding nonstop since the end of September. Some days are worse than others but a good portion of the time I am bleeding heavily and even the littlest of movements can bring a blood clot. My husband is in the middle of boot camp for the army and I am still waiting on the health insurance to get set up because I can't afford the doctor bill that this is sure to bring, if you learn anything new I hope you'll post it because I am scared, I don't like being tired all the time and getting worn out by the littlest of things, I hope for both of our sakes that it is nothing serious.
Hey all I am really Worried I have been on my period for 6 weeks and I don't know what to do it's not the first time this has happend I would be very grateful if anyone can help x
I have been taking Vitex once a day for about a month now and I have finally stopped bleeding!  I also take Natures Way Vitex Fruit, 100 capsules, 400 mg.
So glad to see someone else has found that Vitex works!  I've been taking it for a little over 3 months now and my periods are regular and have been for awhile..   I started taking Vitex after bleeding uncontrollably for over a month!  Feels so good to be free of that curse.
Ladies.. once again, I can't stress this enough...hormones therapy will NOT help this...the doctors don't get it, and all they wanna do is prescribe things that won't help and may hurt you because they get a kickback from the drug companies...   Vitex is a natural herb that will stop the bleeding and get you back on regular periods...   Take it once a day for a month and you'll see what I mean.   I was bleeding heavily for over a month...  then I found Vitex (also sold as chasteberry), after a month of that my bleeding got back under control and have regular periods again.   Don't rely on doctors, they are out to make money off of you!
Haha yes it does! I've only stopped bleeding for a few days *knock on wood* but I was bleeding for over 5 months and I can't tell you how glad I was that I came across your success with the vitex and that it has worked for me!
hi im 23 and i just  had my 3rd baby hes 5 months and ive had my period for 5 months now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im scared!!! i hope im ok...ima go to the doctor soon, since i started my pweriod ive been iregular
I am 36 and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 4 years ago, and ever since then thing have been horriable. Just recently I did not have a period for a whole month and when I went to my OBGYN he said that it was just my body and he would give me some medicine to start my period, but the next day which was February 2, 2012 I started my period and still today I am bleeding.  I am light headead and having abdominal pain, it will seem like it want to stop but then it starts all over again. I have stopped taking all of my medication and no new medication, so what could this be?  I am going to the emergency room and see what they tell me.
this review is good.. i also do have the same problem with my period which is not stopping, i tried tranexamic acid but it didnt work.. planning to visit a doctor but still dont have a health insurance.. then i read about this vitex, hope this will help me with this long periods of mine.. any one knows meds to help you conceive.. ive been trying to get pregnant, but with this irregular periods i have its hard to be pregnant
Hi my name is janet im 25 and i had a daughter 11 months ago, my pill stopped about 2 months ago and ive had a period every 2weeks since  then,, i have been bleeding for 9days  so far and im just wondering if i start a new pill will it stop my period ?
Vitex has been known to help people conceive. It helps your body produce it's natural (female) hormones. Which straightens out your cycle, which will also help with fertility. As a result it's most commonly used to treat PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome [a hormonal imbalance], which is what it sounds like many of us have, which can also lead to a loss of fertility) and to increase fertility. Apparently, it can also increase the chance of twins though, or rather twins are a little more common with those who take vitex. I did a lot of reading up on it before I started taking it, and suggested it to my cousin who is also trying to become pregnant. I am not a doctor, just relaying what I have read. Best of luck to you and I hope it works for you too! In both areas!
Thank you all so much for your comments and insights. I have been so worried. I am 58 years and celebrated what I believed was the end of my period in August 2011 after not haveing a period for 12 months. I was told that signaled the end of Menopause and the "Butterfly" stage. I awas so happy. In Dec 2011 I started spotting every day - sort of pinkish then in mid-January 2012 I started haveing real red periods. It got progressively worse very heavy, clots but no real pain - only sometimes. I finally broke down and am going to see my MD on the 16th (Feb). I am so unhappy. I too have almost accidents on my way to work. These moments stop me in my track to seek out the closest public washroom just in time. This is so very distressing. I feel I am getting weaker my the day.

Regards
Fauna in Toronto
hello,  I have the same problem, did you get any feedback from your visit to the doctor?

thanks
Hello, Thanks for your message. I was scheduled to visit my GP today but the appt was suddenly cancelled because my GP is not going to be in today (Feb 16). I am waiting for a callback  from the office for another appt. Will keep you posted. Stay strong, eat well and you are not alone. Considering the amount of bleeding - I don't actually have much pain just low-grade. Do you have pain?

Regards
Hyacinth
Oh Man, it feels so good to know that there are others going through this as well! I was scared and thought something was wrong with me! I am going through the same thing. It started to happen to me last november and at first I thought it was just stress or something because I was fine before, my periods would only last a week. But ever since last year they've been on for months, it was scaring me but like most I dont have money nor insurance to go to a doctor. I was reading some of the comments and saw that Vitex was working for some of you. I would like to give it a try. Where can I find it??
Hi,  Thanks for your kind words.

I have same problem as "luvmy4boyz" who posted few days back.  Sorry that I was not clear in my message.  I wish you good health and wishes.  Yes, we can be strong and stay healthy..  My prayers with everyone facing issues.

Vitex can be found at most health food stores and vitamin shops (such as GNC). It's really cheap, about $8 a bottle, 100 capsules in each bottle. I got mine from GNC because they seem to have a lot of "Buy one, get one 50% off" deals.
Here is my story ... I am a 28 yr woman, this is were my story begins  I can not recall evey counting days or things like that when I was younger, however I became pregnant when I was 19 and the pregnancy was pre-mature and the baby did not survive, since I apparently did not pass the Palcenta properly a D & C was performed and the next day I was released. Immediately after my OB-GYN told me that it would be good if I was to go on birth control and due to my lifestyle I should consider the Othro-Evra Patch and even gave my a starter kit, I thought ok this cant be hard I just put a sticker on my hip and call it a day... So I started using Othro-Evra I noticed that the my period was very heavy and that it would not stop for the entire month of my first presciption fill my period never stopped and I remember that the week of your period you were not suppose to wear the patch.... so on the fourth week I took off my patch and never filled the presciption again... a few months past and my period went away and did not return for about a yr and half.... so now I in the middle of 05 my period began to come on for a three or four days every three months... This continue for about a yr then it came on and didn't go off until the end of 08 I saw hundreds of doctors and they all screamed menorrhagia... although I don't think so.... So my period came on every 28 days religiously for the next two and a half yrs  until last year about August when it came on and has not went off at all but this time it is not just blood flow it is clots, I even went to the hospital blood clots in a zip lock to be told that I should take metformin to help my issue... when didn't do anything ... I tried the health department who wants to give me birth control.. but I refuse because birth control to me at least caused this ... I do not know what to do as I am a contingent worker and do not qualify for insurance and getting it on my own is too expensive... I want help more than anything in this world my life, self- esteem, comfort-level, confidence and relationship ... not to mention clothes are alll suffering dearly... At this point I have said to my self the next time I have insurance I will immediately pitch having a hystrorectomy performed... however it is hard to just go on with that not being a mother and my fiance and I both wanting to have a child... we have looked at adoption but it just expensive... Dont know what to do and very scared about what is happening.
I am 20 years old and had an abortion about 4 or 5 months ago. I had normal periods up until the beginning of January. About January 2nd until now February 20,2012, I have had a lot of bleeding. I have had about 6 or 7 period through out this time span. I will think it stops and end up having sex with my boyfriend and it will start again. I went to my doctor and he said this is nothing to worry about. I don't know if this is from the abortion or having sex? If anyone has answers please let me know!
still haven't made it to the doctor yet but on the bright side for the most part i've actually stopped bleeding but i went to my local gnc today and picked up a bottle of vitex to see if it will help me to stop bleeding completely and hopefully regulate my cycle some so wish me luck!
good luck! just remember it takes about a month of vitex (once a day) for your body to start adjusting...
I am a concerned dad. I've done in-depth research on this problem and still come up short of a solution, cause, or what the heck to do. (and yes, I still thank all the GODS that I'm a male).
Here's the problem...
My daughter is currently 14(15 in April). She started her periods around 11/12ish. Like most girls, they were abnormal for a few months. Then leveled out to being regular for at least a year. Then out of the blue, she started her period in March and it didn't stop (was heavy enough she was  getting weak from lack of blood) until the doctor put her on birth control. 2 months go by, and even on birth control, on a few occasions, she still bled. By the end of the 2nd batch of the pills, her periods stopped. All was well we thought. Then out of the blue, she totally wigged out mentally. We're talking so bad we had 3 ER visits, and I was driving her to a mental health facility for observation. However, on route, the doctor called me back to his office to give her some "happy" pills made for depression (can't remember the name) and she got better mentally for the most part. Still no period. This went on for about 3 weeks. Because no sign of improvement, he took her off all meds to all time for her body to flush out the meds. Well, for whatever reason, her mental status normalized, and still no period. Now, 5 months later, mental status is still normal, and STILL no periods and no pills at all during all this time. No mood swings, she's had no sex (daddy is a great deterrent with his 26inch razor blade sharp sword that has the words snip snip engraved), and no cramping. Basically she's no different than before puberty.
Now reading all 250+ comments here, plus the hundreds of other websites, all these common "syndroms (syndromes)", hormonal issues, (lack of) pregnancy issues, diets, etc.... I'm not even more messed up in my head than a normal guy is. For all you females that have gone through this kind of life, I do have a few questions....

If you have went through this at an early age, and you are now OLDer.... Have you noticed any after effects? Any health issues? did things get back to normal? with or without drugs? Obviously there are no timeframes here, but is there one that I should be worried about? 8 months? 12 months? 24?

If you ARE going through this now, are you being treated for this? Is it working?

My daughter is not sexually active (as far as reproducing). I do know she masturbates with fingers and a back massager (don't be surprised I know, I used to be young and know all the sounds and smells). So the question here is... Can this be a potential reason for all this?  I simply do not know. You females have so many different issues I'm glad to say I'm clueless on most things. However, the worry and fear of a father is still present.

So this brings everything up to date. Other than the fact I feel the 4 doctors we have seen are complete idiots and have no answers, I'm forced to search on my own. We have blood work done, CT's, MRI's, the works. Nothing. So I'm open for suggestions, ideas, something else to look for.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and helping out an old dad.
Just seen this! Hi Im 14 years old and going through this problem. I have been on my period since 10 years old I am now 14 years. I know that it happens because of me being young but surely this isn't right as I have been on it so long. My mum is thinking of taking me to the doctors as I feel shaking and tired In school and at home any suggestions please help me ??
Did you ever find out what was wrong.  I have the same situation and am wondering if you know what is wrong?
I'm 17 going on 18, and for what seems to be going on 5 weeks now, i've been on my period. most of the time i dont have one for 2-3 or more months or sometimes once a month, but now i'm getting worried. my cousin said it has to do with my weight but im not exactly sure. do you think that if i just get on birth control pills that that should help solve the problem? cos its worrying me cos im very pale now and i feel like im constantly freezing cold. anyone know what i can do?
Hi! I'm 31 and from the philippines. i'm so glad i found this forum. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17 and I also have a thyroid nodule which the doctor discovered 4 years ago. anyway,  I've been bleeding since january 28th..there are days that my vaginal bleeding goes from heavy with blood clots to scanty or a few drops but there was never a day since jan 28th that i have not stopped passing blood. I tried taking hemostan. it stopped for almost a day but it continued the next day, this time the bleeding is not so heavy but still there are blood clots but the clots reduced in size. I had my period also last november 24th and it was heavy with blood clots too. it eventually stopped around the the 12th of december and now here I am again bleeding this time it has not stopped since jan 28th. My period has always been irregular. There are months that I don't have it and there were months that I menstruate.

I still have to  schedule my Ultrasound and go to the doctor for a check up but with financial difficulties I dont know if i'd be able to do all the lab works and buy the medication that will be prescribed. I'm stuck here at home for weeks. I can only go out for a few hours and i have to go home right away because of the fear that i'd be passing blood clots again the moment i do activities like a few minutes of walking. It's depressing to be in this situation. And it's driving me nuts thinking about the possible scenarios i'll end up like d&c or laparoscopy, cancer, endometrial hyperplasia, even von willebrand disease etc. I just hope this is just some sort of hormonal imbalance related to stress because i've been pretty stressful lately.

i've read about the vitex mentioned here in this forum. I want to try it for  myself and see if this will be effective. And i'll let you know if it is effective and also about the result of my doc's appointment. I'm just relieved that im not the only one who goes through this situation. I hope and pray we could all get well and be able to go and live our lives back normally.
Ok I feel like I have been in most of these situations.. And I hope this will help some of you..   First of all, I too had a hormonal inbalance due to weight issue.. Most women do not know that simply put "fat cells in your body produce estrogen"  which will cancel out the estrogen your ovaries put out.  I finally got on track after losing a few pounds.. no skipped periods..  I began spotting daily for 107 days.. once a week I would feel like I was the gate keeper of the flood gates .. then nothing but a spot.. . I went for an ultrasound and transvag ultra sound.. and found I had FIBROIDS..  2 days after hysteroscopy and D&C..  not only did I lose 20lbs, but energy came back.. cycle returned to normal..   ((ps  fibroids can be caught very early..  learn your body... stress causes missed or prolonged periods.. however dont wait as long as I did.. the scope almost turned to Hysterectomy..  I had 2 large fibroids the size of grapefruits.. and about 3 the size of tennis balls, and 3 the size of gum balls.. Gee .. NO IDEA why I looked like I was 6 months pregnant on my wedding day...  ??? LOL!!!!!    The fibroids were blocking the blood flow, that is why when I would try to be active the gates would open..   psssssssssss.. The doc always said due to the severity of my condition.. conception was impossible.. 7 years later.. My daughter was born..   ((after I lost weight.. took care of myself inside and out...
Okay i have been on the depo shot for about a year now and everything was fine untill about a month ago, because i started my period, and it hasnt ended, its been 4 weeks now and im freaking out the doctor made my appointment a month away and i dont want to wait that long to see whats wrong with me, i need some advice. I'm 18 and never had irregular periods before now.
email me i found your question about your girlfriend bleeding excessivley i think i might be able to give you some advise i have been threw all that ***@****
wow well i still have not gone to the doctor cause apperantly they dont care if they change your appt 7 time already so i found a new doctor i have an appt on monday my case my bleeding has gone non stop since may of 2011 and i am afraid i wont be able to have any children i went to the ER and they did blood work pap smear and cat scan and everything looked fine just my live is a little swollen i have not taking any medication only for pain cause it causes me stomach pain and back pain im so confuse idk what to ask the doctor any suggestion email pleas
I cried while reading all these stories because now i kno im not alone...2-3 months at a time my period lasts till i lose track. It really puts a damper on my sex life,but my boyfriend is very understanding n loving. He tries to make the best of it...but bleeding all the time-is annoying n gross,i feel so bad alot of the times
it feels soo good to know i'm normal and not alone going through this. This problem of having prolonged bleeding started when i was 17. I would bleed for 7months sometimes 9 and the record high was for a year straight. I even started feeling unsafe when it stopped, thats to show you how normal it felt to bleed very often. I went to the doctor and after 2 more visits and tests, I was on birth control for a while and it only made me fatter, though my menstral cycle was normal. I stated to exercise and watch my diet cos i am alittle overweight on my boobs alone. My weight issue became a "yo-yo" one and i decided to go back to my contraceptives today. im currently on an almost strict diet and multivitamins, omegas, vitamin B and D already. i hope it works out on the  longrun this time. im really sick and tired of this, and hope wen its time for kids i wont have a problem, cos im currently 25.
I'm 16 and I've been on mine for 3 months now without stopping. I've been anaemic for 2 years (no matter what pills I took, it never changed and I never got better). I started when I was 13 and it was severely heavy then, it caused fainting and triggered the anaemia. According to the doctors, I'm severely underweight but honestly I've been eating more than most large adults i know. After reading these posts i'm really worried. Mum says I shouldnt worry about it (she's one of the people that thinks I actually went anorexic when I was fourteen, plus I smoked weed every day for almost 2 years and only quit around October/November), and that I'm still growing and my body's just adjusting. I'm tired all the time, I keep getting nauseous every day sometimes to the point where I throw up, my back hurts constantly and I just don't have the energy anymore. I'm not allowed to take the pill or get anything done about it and I honestly don't think we can afford the doctors right now. Please help me, there's already a very small chance I'll ever be able to have kids due to my size. I need to know what's going on.
Yes It was indeed a somewhere similar to my situation. I am a bit worried now.

Regards
Madhu
They have free clinics in every hospital and planparenthood will help you dont wait it out its seruoius you need to see a dr.
I'm 16 years old. I just started birth control, I've only been on it for about 3 months. Ever since I've started it I've had weird periods. The first month my period was normal. The second month my period lasted 11 days. It started off extremely light. Then on the 7th day I had to use super plus tampons. I had to change it every 30min while wearing pads.(bc of school) But when I got home I put one in. 5min later (Not joking) it was filled and i had to change it. Now this month My period started. i had it for 8 days. then it stopped for 3. then i had it for a week and a half then it stopped for four days. then it came back today. i do have sex by the way. (dont think im a *****, ive been dating this kid for 2 1/2 years.)  my period is sometimes brown and gooey kind of. what do u think is wrong?
Wow, i'm so glad to know i'm not the only one dealing with these issues.  Well, I'm glad but I'm not at the same time because it seems way too many women have these problems.  
I just turned 35 and have whacky periods every so often.  This began roughly 7 years ago when i had a miscarriage.  Ever since then my period has never been regular.  I don't know what is wrong.  I had a female OBGYN tell me it's perfectly normal to have a period for 4 wks, stop for a wk, start up again for 1 wk, disappear for 2 mnths, come for 2 wks and so on and so on.  Not to mention the insanely huge bloodclots that happen to make their daily (sometimes hourly) appearance.  Also, it really ***** to wake up in the morning drenched in blood from the waist down, it ruins my sheets, my mattress (which i now have a plastic bag covering on my side of the bed) my clothes and lets face it, it ruins any sort of sex life you may want to have with your dear hubby.  So, I changed doctors, and still nothing was done.  
Take iron pills, take bc pills, take this, take that, take provera....what else can they pump into our bodies anyway???  A girlfriend of mine suggest i get a D&C but have yet to discuss that with my Gyno.  My biggest concern is that soon after I miscarried, my Mom was diagnosed with uteran cancer and (she passed 5 years after diagnosis) the doctors say it's nothing to be concerned about!!!!  Are you kidding me???  How can i NOT be concerned? It's my Mom!!! Also, last summer my Aunt (Mom's sister) started showing similar symptoms to the ones my Mom had before she was diagnosed so she had a hystorectomy to try to snip the problem in the bud.  Thank God, it seems to have worked.  

Ok, so I'm going to try this Vitex because if it has dual action effect of helping control periods and increase fertility, I'm definetely trying it because my husband and I have been trying to conceive for so many years.  Thank you so much ladies for mentioning Vitex, your positive results are giving me hope.  Oh, just one Q about Vitex, I'm seeing a fertility specialist nxt month for the first time, is Vitex going to be a problem in combination with any fertility drugs?  Should I mention I'm taking it?

And I just want to say to VirtualDad, your daughter is very lucky to have a Dad who is so caring and concerned to come on the internet to try and find answers to help her.  I hope everything works out for your daughter.

Cheers Ladies, and I hope we all get some answers because this is not a good way to live any sort of life.

im 18 yrs old and i have irregular period,i dont have my period sometimes  two or three months ,it normally last one month and a half,sometimes intense tommy and back pain sometimes not.im currently having my period for a month and two weeks now very heavy and lots of clot,im weak , tired and stress.i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well this is bittersweet. I know I am not alone, but yet nobody really knows the reason behind this. I have a doctor’s appt on Friday and she is doing a sono, so I will post and let you know what she says.
Where to begin…I have a baby who is 1 years old as of last month. My periods have been pretty regular since I had him (C-section). They are extremely heavy for the first 4 days or so and taper off. They usually last about 6 days.
My story begins in February: I had my regular period. Then 2 weeks later I had another period. It was a little lighter, but still a full period. Then 3 weeks later into March I had my regular super heavy period. Then low & behold, 2 weeks later (March 31) I started my 2nd period ( as I call it). So 4 periods in 2 months. But…this go round, my period has lasted 11 days. I am still bleeding. Not a lot like I was in the beginning, but the past 4 days it is on my panty liner or when I wipe. I am very worried; I hope this is not anything serious. We shall see on Friday.
I am 24 years old and I have had irregular periods from the start, I started my period when I was 12 and they have always been about 3-5 days long and would only come every 2 months sometimes every 6 months. When I turned 22 my periods started lasting longer but I would still skip a month or 2 inbetween, within the last year and a 1/2 I have had a few periods that would last 2-6 weeks and I would bleed light and heavy off and on throughout that time. Some days I wouldnt bleed and then start again. Now I am on my period again after bleeding for 4 weeks straight and only have 1 week off of my period and I am passing dime size clots periodically. I have been to the OB/GYN and he did blood test to check if I was pregnant or anemic which I was neither. He also did a pap smear to check for cervical cancer and did a intrauterine ultrasound to check if my uterus looked ok. He said I had a normal thickness to my uterine lining. I am confused because from what my doctor is saying I shouldn't be having unnormal issues from what he see's. I am wondering what can cause such irregular periods? Are my hormones just our of whack? I want to have a baby with my husband but can not pinpoint when I ovulate because of the irregularity even if i do ovulate. So I am wanting if possible a natural solution to my problem but it seems like I am losing hope on that. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated
I've had irregular periods for years. Sometimes my period is months long with a lot of blood clotting. Recently I shared my story with one of my friends and she said that she used to have same thing and did a whole lot of research online for some natural herbal help. What she found was Maca root. She has been taking Macafem and it helped her. I didn't want to order macafem online so I did some research on my own and figured out that maca root is the key ingridient. I went to the natural foods store and found that they have maca root powder that a lot of women mix with their coffee and there was also the pill form which is Maca harmony. I bought the maca harmony and taking it. I can't tell if it has helped me yet because I recently started taking it but the energy I get from it is amazing. I have started feeling like myself again. I don't get as depressed and for once I feel like I have energy to get off the couch and do staff. According to my research and from the testimonials I have read online Maca root doesn't have any side effects. It simply helps you to get your hormones imbalance under control. I would definatly suggest you guys ask your doctor about maca. Also my friend told me she knows someone that wasn't able to get pregnant and after taking macafem she got pregnant. Just wanted to share the information I got.
Thanks guys.
you are losing alot of blood...i would suggest u visit the er or doctor...and they should tell you that you should be on some type of iron pill! hope things are better by now
WoW I am soo very sorry to hear this ....I have been having some problems ....In feb of 2012 i learned that i was having an impending miscarriage and they sent me home and they told me to wait it out well 2 weeks later i had a miscarriage and i have been bleeding ever since and it is now April 24th 2012 I have been to the er but they tell me i am fine, i have lower pains my mood swings are out of control and i am scared cause i cant get help my mother had cervical cancer so i am worried.
Hello everyone. I am 20 years old and am having these same problems. I started my period when I was 11, and they were ALWAYS regular. I had my daughter when I was 16, and even after I had her, my periods were still normal. In February 2011, I found out I was pregnant again. Me and the guy I was with had a really bad relationship and he was abusive. We broke up and I got an abortion. Even after that my periods were normal. And in October of 2011, I found I was pregnant again. I was very excited. In November 2011, I had a miscarriage. I had a period in November and December 2011. Then in January 2012, I didn't have a period at all. I went to my ob/gyn and he gave me pills to start my period. I never ended up taking them, and started my perion on February 9, 2012. On february 22, I got Paragard (iud) put in (i was still bleeding at this time). I went back to have him do some tests for PCOS and to do an ultra sound to see if I needed a D&C, he refused and said that he wouldn't be able to tell. So I switched drs, and my new dr put me on bc pills, (3 pills for 3 days, 2 pills for 2 day, and 1 pills until they are gone) my period stopped for 2 days. I went back and she gave me a higher dose of bc, (same amount of pills) and my period stopped from Sunday April 22, 2012 and started again on April 25, 2012. I am still bleeding and getting very stressed out from this. I had an appointment last Wednesday for an ultra sound to see about cysts on my ovaries or needing a D&C or any abnormalities. Also, I am overweight. I weigh 210 pounds and I'm 5'4". I have my follow up appointment for my ultra sound on Thursday May 3, 2012. Hopefully she will give me some answers. I am tired, weak, and drained. I've noticed im very moody and depressed. Also, I think I am going to try the Vitex :) Hopefully it will help!! Thanks everyone for your experiences. Hopefully on Thursday I can give you all some suggestions :))
wow, your case sounds pretty bad.  i'm on my 6th week now and will get an ultrasound this week.  how are you now?
Iam the sane way! About 2 1/2 years ago I started the depo shot! I only have 3 shots and decided I wanted to stop I hated it! I went month's w light light bleeding. Then stopped for about 5 months then got a really heavy period for about 8 days then I stopped about for 2 months now I've been on my period for almozt a month and a halves some light some heavy mostly light. I have a lot if bloating and gas and every once in a while small pains I'm starting to freak out n think I'm dying!!!
I have PCOS and I just had my first and only child 8 months ago.  PCOS doesn't mean you can't have kids.  I always thought that it did but we got pregnant with our first try :) After discovering that I don't ovulate naturally (I had plenty of eggs!) I took Clomid which made an egg mature enough to be fertilised and then we just charted when all that happened and had sex at the right time. I nearly fainted when I realised we were pregnant so soon after starting to try :) :)  We now have a beautiful, healthy little girl.  

Please don't assume your whole life that you can't have kids because of PCOS or other complications (like me) ... go and see a specialist and get them to give you a full check with an internal ultrasound and don't be scared!
HI,
I am having the same problem. Massive bleeding for a month and a half and clotting like I have never seen before. My regular Dr referred me to a gynocologist but they want a minimum of $250 just to get a first visit and consultation. I cant afford that. Did you ever figure out how to handle your problem? If so, how did you do it being on a tight budget?
I think this is sad that you are going through this and not feeling comfortable talking to a doctor. They hear much much worse so don't be embarrassed. They are not here to judge. Otherwise.. I have no professional advise for you I'm affraid but two suggestions that 'may' help. If you've told a friend then maybe you could have that friend ask their doctor for some advise. Other option to ring Nurse on Call on 1300606024. My friend has been bleading for over 3 months now and just been given tablet after tablet with little success. She's always tired and run down now. another friend had the same thing that turned out to be Endometriotus (no idea of spelling).
Please don't get a hysterectomy unless there's no other choice. It can cause you so so many issues and should be a last resort.
I Missed My Period In March, And Then Missed It In April By 16 Days. I Have Now Been Bleeding For 1 Month And I Wish I Knew Why. Somedays I Have Cramps, Most Of The Time Not. Sometimes It's Heavy, Other Days Very Light. I Have Been Very Sleepy, Not Eating Much & Still Gaining Weight. I Don't Have Insurance To See A Doctor So I'm Trying To Figure This Out. Any Help Would Be So Grateful. I Just Turned 21 In January.. & Lost My Job Of 2 1/2 Years In March.
WHEW IM VERY HAPPY IM NOT THE ONLY ONE GOING THROUGH THIS MY NAME IS TIARA IM 19 YEARS OLD I JUST GRADUATED YAY!! BUT IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING AS YOU LADIES RIGHT NOW. MY PERIOD HAS BEEN APRIL 17th 2012(MY PROM) AND ITS STILL ON JUNE 2nd 2012 AND I MEAN IM BLEEDING VERY HEAVY NONE STOP, MY BOOLD CLOTS ARE THE SIZE OF A BABY BIRD WHEN THEIR FIRST HATCHED, YES I KNO SCARY, BUT SO TRUE AND I'VE WENT THROUGH BEFORE A YEAR AGO BUT IT WAS WORSER THAN THIS TIME AROUND.  I COULNT DO ANYTHING FOR MYSELF I WAS HURTING SOOO BAD...I I DIDNT WANT TO DO ANYTHING BUT LAY  UP ALL DAY EVERYDAY AND THE ONLY WAY I COULD SLEEP WAS ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE THE BED CAUSED ME SO MUCH DISCOMFORT SO I FINALLY WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND THEY TOLD ME MY IRON WAS VERY LOW SO THEY GAVE ME SOME IRON PILLS AND DEMANDED ME TO PROP MY FEETS UP AND WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS MY PERIOD WAS OFF...MONDAY JUNE 4TH 2012 IM  GOING TO GO THE DOCTOR AND SEE WANT MY CASE MY MAY BE HOPEFULLY I RECEIVE GOOD NEWS AND NOTHIN TOO DRASTIC
Any change yet?
I have a long history with this. I had 1 depo shot in 2006 and bled for the next 8 months and if you have a period for 8 months, you have little need for birth control! Everything normal for the next 4 years. Even had another baby in 2006.Then last year my house burned down and I went through MUCHO stress and my next period lasted 4 months. I went to a brand new GYN and he told I had 2 options- He could "burn" or "singe" the inside of my uterus or do a hysterectomy and I declined because they were both serious procedures and I didn't know him very will yet.And I have never heard of anyone getting their uterus "singed"! But it stopped on its own literally days later. I have now been on my period for a month and this is all too familiar. Here I go again! I almost wish I had gone with the hysterectomy, but with my luck I'd probably be trading one prob for another. I am going to get some of that Vitex tomorrow. Is it sold at any pharmacy?
I am 14 years old, Is it bad to have periods over 4 weeks? PLEASE REPLY
I can relate.I am looking at this post because I have been bleeding for 5 weeks with no end in sight. My last cycle was 17 days and I am so frustrated with the whole thing. One night I went out to eat for 1 hr and my pad was full. Then I was at work for 7 and by midnight I had gone through 5 pads. I have been having irregular period for the past five years and been trying to get pregnant. I recently found out that I have PCOS polycystic ovaries. This has never happened before and I am starting to worry but as I can see many women have experienced something similar. I have no cramps or pain like normal just endless bleeding. I've been anemic since I was 18 and I'm 29 now and Im starting to worry. I dont want to bottom out. I've been exercising massaging my uterus, using natural remedies and nothing is working. I want to take my iron supplements and then I dont because I want this to stop.
I am 28 years old i was irregular for years last year i was told i had anexity and odd hearts i lost weight my period started every month now feb i began two period month for three month and they last ten days i started taken clomid to help my oulate i dont on my own my period stop i thought i was preg nooooo my period came on may 17 stayed on unital june 10 all i want is a child of own we been tryin for five years tired tired tired
I have the same isssues with the clots as you and i went to the doctor very scared and upset . Did the blood work and a pap and they all got back great . Because of the big scary clots the doctor stared me on (metformin 500) a diabetic med but also used for heavy periods . I stared this med 6 months ago and my period color is a bright red and it passes like water but no clots . I returned to the doctor for another pap and complaint that i was so happy with the way it was going but i am not happy due to always having to have a pad . She up me from taking that pill once a day to twice and it has only been a 3 weeks but i still so far have a pad on always but is lighter watery period and no clots . I am to do this for 3 months and everyday write down my everything (period ,sex, etc ......i have my 3 month ap set up and i have been writting my daily period track down and hope to figure this out in 2 more months . I will post as i find out and hope to help everyone understand what may be that they are going through .......it is so scary not to know what is wrong when you know your body is acting strange ............
I had a light period for light/spotty period for 6 weeks.  This week it has been a gushing type of period with clotting the diameter size approx of a tennis ball.I am going to start a strick plant based vegan diet tomorrow to see if it's all the chemicals in my diet with preservatives and what-not.  I can't deal with this much longer and don't have a regular doctor to go to, so have been putting that off.  Here's hoping the diet makes this stop.
I've been on my period for a month now I'm always tired getting headaches almost regularly. Blurred vision, sometimes cramps.i can't get pregnant I had my tubes tied.I'm going to see the doctor on the 28 th.I'm only 24i guys I'll see what the doctor says so getting checked for anemia is critical?
heavy periods for 6 months on the pill plus inplant still don't help !
I' am 20 and I have had irregular periods, sometimes cycles lasted 30-33 days. And I would have my period for a week straight which was honestly quite normal for me. In May of this year I had spotting (which to me is very light bleeding on some spots of the pad) on May 15 and 16. Then on May 17-19 I got my period but it was not heavy and I did not get major cramps which I normally get. I found it very unusual for my period to last 3 days since it usually last a whole week.I took a pregnancy test just because I was curious. It came out negative therefore I ignored the bleeding that month. And i was also reading that periods can change while you age.Along came the month of June I have been light bleeding a week before my period, I went to the doctor and the gyno said the cervix did not appear to be one from a pregnant woman. She also said it could have been a possibility that i was pregnant but had a miscarriage.  And also the blood work came back negative. It been now two weeks that I'am still bleeding (june 20-july3) somedays the blood is darker than others. And sometimes it shows on the pad and somedays the pad will be clean but blood comes out only when I wipe. I do not take birth control so I' am positive its not the pill. I don't understand what this mean? Could I still be bleeding if I had a miscarriage? Is it possible that I'am pregnant but the blood test was too early to detect HCG Hormones?
Okay, so I posted earlier and some things have changed for me.  I had another month-long period and was subsequently sent by my GP to an OBGYN and told to stop taking my BC pills until I saw her.  My GP thought I may have PCOS. So a battery of tests including an ultrasound and lot's of bloodwork and another new OBGYN (unrelated issues with the first being an unprofessional doctor this doctor also told me often women have month-long periods and that it is perfectly normal) led me to find out that it was extremely unlikely for me to have PCOS (before the new OBGYN looked at my paperwork)because PCOS usually presents with hirsuitism (excessive hair on chest and back specifically).  Then, looking over my files she discovered that I do not have PCOS and that I have a slight abnormality on my right horn of the uterus; which would require a byopsy and since my period had ceased after a brief increase on how many pills I would take for three days it was determined to potentially have been stress and that unless it occured again we wouldn't byopsy it since I'm at "low risk" for ovarian cancer. The original OBGYN said that stress and being overweight will often cause you too miss your period and then make up for it with your next period bleeding for a month (I did not miss any periods) and the new OBGYN seemed to feel that it may have been stress but that month-long periods are not normal.  (Younger doctor [30's] vs. older [mid-late 60's] experienced doctor opinion so maybe this has become such a large-scale problem the younger doctors are being taught this is normal behavior for periods?). After seeing her and working on my weight issue (it's been a month and half since seeing the younger unprofessional doctor) I've lost 8 lbs. and had a normal 6-day period.  My answer? It may have been stress (although I don't think so), it may have to do with my weight (but I don't think so). I think it's possible that there were a number of contributing factors including that my insulin-resistance was nearing the "pre-diabetes" stages, my weight, stress and probably my insomnia which caused it, but we'll see.
My advice to you is this: if you're bleeding for a month go to the doctor (specifically an OBGYN), if the doctor says the month-long bleeding is normal you may want to look into a new OBGYN because until three+ years ago I NEVER had a month-long period no one from descended from my maternal or paternal grandmothers' families had ever had one that long, if you're periods drastically change it probably indicates at the very least a hormone change that could cause your emotions to run wild (and if you're anything like me that means that you'll be super angry, critical and mean). If your doctor ignores you: change doctors.
Hi I'm 14 years old and I've had my period for 2 weeks now! It doesn't seem like it's going to stop. It's heavy still. I don't know why this is happening. I get my period every month and for 7 days. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
I've been on the mini pill 8 months now and have never had a period but this month I had a regular period then I've been having spotting and light bleeding for the last 4 weeks any advice I'm desperate
My daughter suffers from the symptoms many have described here.  Her first period lasted 2 months and only ended because she went on the pill.  No doctor we have seen has ever been interested in finding out why this happens.  Any tests they have run have only happened because I asked for them.  Ultrasound showed no abnormalities but still she skipped for several months and then had an awful flooding period with enormous clots.

The only relief she has had is from a home remedy I found on the web:  Blackstrap  Molasses.  She would try to go off the pill because she desperately wanted to have a normal period and because the pill made her nauseous.  But she would always end up restarting because her period would not stop.  Then we saw the information about the molasses on earthclinic and gave it a go.  It took almost 3 weeks but her period did stop without the aid of birth control for the first time ever!  I can't describe how happy she was- and me too.

The past couple of periods have been kind of bad so we were thinking the molasses was just a fluke but it turns out the brand I switched to had only 2% iron in it.  I went out and bought the kind that is 20% iron and she is finally starting to bleed less with no headache today.  I'm pretty sure it's the iron that is helping.  It is a catch 22 situation.  The more she bleeds, the more anemic she becomes.  The more anemic she becomes, the heavier she bleeds.  She is taking iron pills but they don't do what the molasses does. I was trying to think what it is about the molasses that makes it effective and this is what I figure:  The nutrients in the stuff are better absorbed because it sticks to your insides and is absorbed right away all along the digestive track, instead of just sitting in a tiny part of the stomach waiting to dissolve.

Anyway- sorry for the long post but this has really helped us and has many yays for cramps and heavy bleeding on earthclinic.  The molasses must be Blackstrap- I think organic is suppose to be best- and very important, it must be UNSULPHORED. She takes 2 tablespoonfuls at night before bed.  I want her to take more in the morning but she can't stand the taste.

I do think that anyone with this issue should try to find out why if they can.  Unfortunately it has been our experience and apparently the experience of many others, that doctors don't seem interesting in helping with why.  They will take your money but their only solution is the pill.  Daugher has been on several kinds- all made her sick to her stomach.  So sad that there is never any other solution.  Blackstrap does not help everyone but for us it has been a Godsend.
For all the woman over for! READ AND DON'T WORRY! --------------->  I was feeling the same way! I was bleeding for days one end and it would so bad, I thoght Iwas going to die from bleeding so much! I did not want to go to the doc's because I thought I had cancer. I waited and waided. Then I thought I am just lossing way to much bleed and had to go to the ER. At the end of everything and biopsy/ultrasound. It was not cancer at all! It was just my going through premenopause. Thank God! I did mysefe no good guessingwhat I had, just made me terrified and thinkg the worst. So please just go get checked out, I bet it's nothing bad at all:) Good luck and now go see that doc!
I was feeling the same way! I was bleeding for days on end and it was so bad, I thought I was going to die from bleeding so much! I did not want to go to the doc's because I thought I had cancer. I waited and waited. Then I thought oneday , I am lossing way to much blood and had to go to the ER. At the end of everything, biopsy/ultrasound. It was not cancer at all! It was just my going through premenopause. Thank God! I did mysefl no good guessing was wrong, just made me terrified and thinkg the worst. So please just go get checked out, I bet it's nothing bad at all:) Good luck and now go see that doc!
I started my period when I was 13 and they were never regular. I would get it some months and other months I wouldn't get it. My period back then usually lasted 12-16 days. When I was 15 I went on birth control and it regulated my period so that I got it every month and it lasted 8 days which was normal enough for me. When I was 20 I decided to go off of birth control and I didn't get my period for 6 months. When I got it, it lasted 26 days before I was put back on birth control. I'm not 34 and I would like to have a child. I went off of birth control and again I skipped 6 months of my period. I got my period June 1, 2012 and I still have it. That's 52 days and counting. I've gone to the doctor 3 times now and I've learned that I have PCOS. The doctor has given me 2 different medications that were supposed to stop it and it has only gotten worse. I have large blood clots and I'm bleeding through a super tampon and overnight pad quickly. I also have severe cramps, dizziness and I feel weak. I'm going back on birth control because I can't handle this.
I'm 23 years old with no kids,i had a miscarriage at the age of 16,i was still in school at the time and i never went to see a DR. In late of 2009 i had an irregular period which lasted for about a month with no pain and very light bleeding. After it stopped i went to one of the local clinics for a check up and i found out that i had two ST infections,up to this day i am still surprised and can't quite understand how this happened considering the fact that i use protection more than half the time,anyways i got treated for it went back for a check up after a month and it was all gone,now three years later i have had my period for a bout two weeks now which normally lasts for five days,i have no pain,its not heavy and there is a lot of clotting but its not heavy,i am very much concerned right now and since i have no insurance and can't afford to see a DR i don't really know what to do. I think that i will just wait it out and try my very best to go see a gyno,any advice?
I'm 20 and i have had my period for about a year straight now, not including the two months where I was on the pill. But i got the birth control IMPLANON implanted in my arm two years ago. I have spent so much money on tampons its ridiculous. I'm really worried that I will never be able to have kids, and I havn't had any money to get the thing surgically removed. So I'm stuck having my period constantly. What should I do?
-Sarah
Hi my name is Amanda and Im 21 years old. I have PCOS and i have had an irregular period since I was 16 years old, and for these past 2 months I was on my period for 5 weeks striaght then got off of it for about a week and a half and now Im back on it again. Its heavy the first day then it gets little then sometimes it gets heavier, but Ive had no cramps and usually my cramps hurt so bad I have to go to the doctors to get some meds because midol or pamperin or anything store bought wont work. So does anyone know what could be wrong with me?
i messed up bad on my bc pill amd now i been haven a.period for almost 4 weeks now some days are lite some days heavy.somtime lite blood somti
es dark im really worried that im dyen and takes forever to get into my family whos a quack neways but i really worried .... ne ideas?? please help
I'm 19 now but, I was just about to turn 16 back in 2009 when I had started my period that January and it lasted into July until my doctor put me on birth control saying i have PCOS. Well last June 2011 I formed a blood clot in my leg as a reaction to the birth control so I have been taken off for safety. At first my period was every two months, then every three months only lasting a week. Well I started early this time on August 1st and it has continued until august 29 but has started up again as of today September 2nd. It is concerning that this is happening again and since I can't be on birth control it makes things stressful. I'm also overweight and have tried dealing with the weight issue but with the sudden barrage of head aches since July its hard to get out to do anything plus, I haven't had the money to return to the doctor this month so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I could do as long as it doesn't involve anything with hormones in it.
i have been on my period for the past 2 1/2 months and i dont really know what to do because all my doctor has told me so far is to take birth control but i have taken many different ones from the depo to the nuva ring and various different pills and they just make me very irritable i have also been told being on a birth control for a long period of time can make it so u can never have children. a couple yrs ago i was also on a constent period for about 2 1/2 yrs straight! and my doctors again could not tell me anything besides to take an estrogen pill to stop the bleeding for a month and it started right back up after that. now me and my husband are trying to concieve (conceive) our first child together but it seems nearly impossible when i have been on my period for so long and i never know when it will stop. does ANYONE have any suggestions? i really need some help on this one
I am 13 i know im young but im scared. i have been bleeding for almost a month straight and gaining weight im not sexually active from what ive read im getting a little worried that  there may be something wrong with me im embarrassed  to ask a doctor or tell my mom she knows but dont think nothing of it. i have experienced some heavy bleeding before and still do i get light headed and feel sick. id like to solve this issue becuase its never happend to me before ever!
Hi KiraKoi. I am 31 and my story sounds so much like yours. I was wondering if you have gone to the doctor or had any changes since you last posted in January of this year?

I started my periods when i was 12 and has been irregular from the first year or so. Recently i went 4 months without a period which has become my normal and then started. The only problem with finally starting is that it has been ongoing for the past 6-8 weeks. A friend gave me some birth control pills to try to stop it so i can go to the doctor but they dont seem to be helping at all. This is all so frustrating!

OMG girl, how are you doing?  It's almost a year since you wrote this, and I have just found your entry.  I hope you are well into your recovery, cancer-free:)

You make me want to schedule with a GYN ASAP!

Take care and be strong!

~MishiRN
why post that then you ****** stupid *****?? it's for WOMEN who have period, not GAY *******. stop feeling that you're a girl. you're a man with a ****!
what is sad is i been seen by so many diff pple for this problem.. had problem not having my periods then after took 6 years to have my baby girl since after having her few months latter i started  back the same got the depo and for 8 months now been on my period, cat scan, x-rays blood work, and Constant ER visit random guesses LIKE endomitriosis could be some of your ladys answers can be pain full or not at all and can cause long periods or none at all no cure.. But Now day no insurance no sugary were the best answer relies having LONG periods IS NOT NORMAL EVER... but it will be said to u if ur insurance dont cover a simple exploratory sugary. Witch now a year latter fighting getting it done on the 24th pray all u ladies fined ur answer or a doc. that will take the time to look in to it.. Last person i seen said the Clots is my body fighting off a infection..
I'm 50 and going on a 14 day heavy bleed. I am so sorry that most of you are younger and going through that. Mine = THE CHANGE. Only problem is, I am anemic, and weak and tired of bleeding. No one understands unless they have been through it. IT *****.
Good luck to us all, stay away from drugs and hormones, do as much natural as possible.
i have had my period now for a month and 3 weeks, and when it seems to be going away and i get stressed for any reason i get a heavier flow(but its still light) I've been to the doctor but this was last yr and prescribed me birth control pills, i was suppose to go back within 5 months but never did. i had them test new for anemia but luckily everything came back ok, i was told that maybe it was normal because im little, im 21 yrs old 4"11 and weight 90 lbs. i also had a cyst that caused internal bleeding back when i was 16 due to my irregular period, i was in pain for days couldn't move only from my bed to the restroom. i really want to know what's going on!
I feel your pain, I'm 37 mother of 5 and had a hystro(everything taken out but my right overy) aug 23rd 2012, 3 days after surgery I had internal bleeding, got 10 units of blood 2 units of plazma, 2 blood clots in my lungs, nerve block shot in my skull, and a filter placed in main artery in chest. after 10 days in ICU went home, 2 days after that I began bleeding out like a reg period, been bleeding for 8 weeks now, ER, Blood doc and OB doc have no clue why I'm bleeding and everything they have tried has failed. I want to know why I'm bleeding when I have nothing inside to be haven a period or bleeding from. I wish I could get a straight answer on why I'm bleeding so bad for so long.... Went back into doc today to have blood work AGAIN.. so tired of getting the run around.. What is wrong with me!!!!
pls help me.. i haven't had my period for more than a year now.. does vitex really help?
Iam 32and  have PCOS, my son is 10months old. I tried with all type of meds for almost 5 years to concieve (conceive), but nothing worked. So i stopped all treatments and did my own research which all pointed to my sugar levels. When women have PCOS they dont process their sugar properly which inturn causes hormonal imbalance. I went on a strickt diet, low carb, high healthy protein, nothing fried, no white anything( flour, rice, potato) only brown grains, brown rice, and sweet potatoes, lots of veggies,no sugar or artificial sweeteners (i used agave in everything) no soda and minimal fruit dinks( but only 100% organic juices allowed) and i worked out 5times a week, and three months later, after i lost 30lbs, i was pregnant. i didnt expect it to happen so fast, but i was over joyed.  It is quite possible to do it on your own, but you must be modivated,,, in the beginning it is hard but after about the first week or 2 it gets alot easier.
Good luck! I promise if you are obsesive and follow through it works!
I just turned 32 on the 14th of December my period came on 5 days early and I am still bleeding 15 days later... My period usually lost 3-5 days and this month its been on for two weeks and a day... im scared something might be wrong im not on any birth control and its never done this before... can someone please help me???
I have been abstinent for four years. I am 33. In early Dec. I drank way too much and can not remember what happened. I decided to take the morning after pill to be safe. I also ingested several tablespoons of Lobella, an herb that can be used to induce miscarriages. A couple of weeks later I started spotting, and now over 14 days later, I am still bleeding. It is the strangest period I have ever had. It hasn't been very heavy and has changed colors from very dark to red. I have passed some clots, and continued to spot. I am almost sure it was from the Lobella usage and am contemplating going to the doctor. I just feel embarrassed and think that it will stop on its own, as this has never happened before.
I will pray for you. Hope you are wrong and the doctor will be able to figure out the problem or else please, please go for another opinion. Good lucck
I'm 30 yrs old and have been bleeding on and off for months at a time. I've been to 2 gynos had blood work, thyroid tested, and 2 ultrasounds. Everything came back normal except my 2 standing and free testorone levels were within range but dispproporiate to each other also i was told i had a very thick uterus lining. Ive been put on numerous birth controls but always end up with pyscho mood swings, no sex drive and/or still bleeding. It is really taking a toll on me. Of anyone has any suggestions please help. Ps. I dont have pcos thank you
I know this reply is nearly a year later but I just started to look at the internet for possibilities for my issue. I was 7 nearly 8 when I started. It was 5-9 days long. As I got older, at about 15/16 it had gone down to 4 days. In my teenage years I had epilepsy like symptoms but not diagnosed with anything  and would pass out frequently. I had reglan for severe anxiety attacks. I dont take it now but I, on occasion, I have these episodes. I have taken iron for the anemia I developed. Im also hypoglycemic. At 15 My period was absent for 2 months and came out full swinging the 3rd month out. The doctor said because I had my period for so long it tends to "reset" itself  and to expect the irregularities every 5 to 10 years. Which would kind of make sense considering its been over 10 years and Im all messed up now, I had been bleeding for a year and was prescribed birth control, glucophlage (not diabetic but it treats ovarian disease), and a weeks worth of progesterone 3 times a day. It worked. Then all I had to do was take birth control. That worked for 4 months with regular periods. I started again but I think its because I ran out birth control. In the midst of all this I had gained 25 pounds even though I cut out junk food and eat better)and have had trouble getting rid of it. Im 27 now. I feel as though that I may be depressed and this also a factor for he irregularities. Im still seeking medical attention so I cant say to much beside what I have already gone through.
im having the same problem as you and i dont no what it is im only 19 and i am scard have you heard any thing from your doctor ??
I'm 18 years old and lady year around August I had a mirena implant put it which I had to go into surgery to do as I haven't had a child. The whole reason I had it put in us because my body cannot handle the pill (huge and rapid weight gain, depression etc.). Anyway for the first month and a half I bleed and they said it can last up to 6 months but it stopped and went back to normal. But shortly after I finished exams and had to deal with universities, working more hours, buying a car I really felt stressed and well ever since the 14th of December I have been bleeding but it is strange as it is heavier then normal around my normal cycle times and then extremely light the rest of the time, changing colour from bright to a salmon colour, to a dark red and even brown. Yesterday though I found myself in a lot of pain. I just wonder if maybe the implant has moved or maybe it is stress ? I still havent been back to the doctor since it has been going on, I've just been hoping it will go away but now I'm really getting worried
I am 20 years old and have recently started on a new pill. I started my period a week after taking the pill and have been on for over 7 weeks. One day the blood is fresh the next its old. I am getting a lot of blood clots and have been so tired to the point of nearly falling asleep at work. I get enough sleep however am constantly tired and have no energy. I hope its just the pill but if anyone is experiencing the same it would be great to know what it is. I am waiting for my doctor to call back to discuss changing the pill which i hoping is the root cause of all this.
Thank you so much for this comment. I started worrying that I was going to have to go threw some horrible testes at the hospital but saw this and picked up vitex today! Thank you, Thank you!
I am 33 about to be 34. I've been having irregular periods all my life. but on Nov ' 11. I start to have spotting and it is still going on. i have not been with my husband since. i've been to the doctor he did d&c and ultrasound. But everything came back good. but my body is saying otherwise. i dont know how much i can take this. i would love to become a mom and become physical with my husband again. I would like to get some help and feedback.
I have had my period for over 2 years. Since after having my two year old son who will be 3 in july. I have been to my dr and he has put me on every birth control that's out there and nothing has helped. The only one that came close to helping was the depo shot. Which only helped for about a week and I started back heavier than ever. I continued the shot for 3and mths and after realizing that this wasnt helping either I stopped going to get my shot. Since stopping birth control all together my periods have started being somewhat normal. Problem is im 25 with two kids and don't want anymore right now or anytime soon but im also sexually active. My body just rejects birth control for some reason. Before having kids birth control kept me regular. I have had some ppl tell me that I need to be checked because I stay constipated, u cramp alot, causes horrible headaches, I feel weak nauseated, and sex is painful for me. Even after somewhat regulating my periods after being active I start bleeding again for weeks at a time. So im to the point where I don't even want to have sex just to prevent from bleeding and due to pain and its putting a huge strain on my relationship of six years. What do I do?
My best friend has PCOS and is now  31 weeks pregnant with her 2nd child. So it can happen.
haha loves the curse part! I know how you feel it's awful i have my period for 2 weeks now! i am about to go crazy!
So true JMbaby.. I am suffering from PCOS from over 10 years. I'm 22 years old now. I was put on several external hormones which led to many side-effects like depression, over-weight and all. But as u said, PCOS is sometimes considered as a pre-diabetic state(not to mistake it with the regular diabetes) It has its relation with insulin levels which in turn effect our other hormones. I then worked out, went on a strict diet, and lost about 20 kgs, and I could see the difference. Without any medicines, my periods got normal. But over past 6 months, I'm unable to workout because I had a leg fracture and my irregular menstrual cycle problem has come back to me. I hope I can workout again to keep my insulin levels normal and regularize my periods. Cheers!!
hi am 18 i have been seeing my period for the past five weeks it does not come heavy but have a dark brown colour at times but it brings a lot of pain inside my vagina  a sharp pain am so worried at times i cry because i think of a lot of things that maybe wrong am so afraid to go see a doctor can anyone help me please.
i've had mine for 9 weeks now and counting. :(
I just turned 40 and was diagnosed with anemia 3 years ago. I've been on iron supplements. Finally stopped taking them for a year then was told about 3 months ago I needed to again. I'm overweight. I've had one child by csection 6 years ago.  i've had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago and a dnc a year and a half ago due to my gyn finding polyps on an ultrasound. Funny enough when I went to have the dnc done, He said he couldn't find anything but did it anyway since I already had the injections and was there ready to go. Now my regular doctor say's she's noticed I have elevated white blood cells and sees it's been getting higher and higher on my last three blood tests over the last 3 years and wants me to see a specialist hymotologist/oncologist.   I had a mamogram (mammogram) and a transvaginal ultrasound which revealed nothing but a regular lining and no polyps or anything just several nabothain cysts which I've had since I had my child 6 years ago none bigger than 16mm.  I got my thyroid tested and the antibodies, tsh and t4 was all normal. No diabeties either.
I've had normal periods all my life since the age of 12 lasting 4-5 days. They got heavier and clotter over the years. I started spotting mid cycle back in February and have been spotting daily ever since for 9 weeks now. I've had a total of only 3 days with no spotting. I had a period during the spotting time that was the heaviest it has ever been with tons of clots and lasting 8 days. My new gyn wants me back in for another ultrasound because the first one supposedly the ovaries where blocked from view by gas. I'd like to know what is wrong with me. I'm worried that it might be cancer due to the elevated white blood cells. My doctor also recommended a bone marrow biopsy.
My new gyn said after she does the ultrasound we will know more info. She said I probably need hormone replacement therapy. She said she can burn my uterus lining out, do a dnc, take birth control pills or put an IUD in to help with the bleeding since I am anemic. However I would like to have another child before it's too late now. I'm already 40.  The only other strange symptom I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that I have had severe ankle and feet swelling and was put on a diuretic just 2 weeks ago. The swelling has gone down but now occassionally my knees are cracking sounding like rice krispies and one hurts bad sometimes as well as my shoulder joint hurting today too.
I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a 2 centimeter cyst on my ovary, and the doctor said I have a thick endometrial lining, maybe even Endometriosis.  I am 16 and I have very irregular periods.  I start my period anywhere from every 28 days to every +100 days.  I have currently been on my period for 40 days and it is still going strong. I am experiencing heavy clotting. About the size of a silver dollar. I have been to the emergency room and the Gynecologist. The gynecologist put me on Lo Loestrin Fe. I have no improvements, and I don't see any signs of it stopping. Is there anything else that I can do?
i am 14 and i skip my periods for months and then i get it for a whole month. i think this is not normal. i need some help
Has anyone had a permanent resolution? Mines been going on for over a month...im so tired all the time and feel nausueas but nothing happens...idk what to do...you all went to drs and nothing happebed????
Thank you, it is amazing how reassuring it is to find out your not alone.

in 29 , ive not had any children and I have been experiencing a sort of numbness on the right hand side of my body, in my cheek, down only half of my right arm and down only half of my right leg.

the doctor moved me from the pill i was on to the mini pill, because they think it may be the pill thats causing it, that was 5 weeks ago and it has been 5 weeks of the heaviest period of my life, with like some have describe really large clotting.

Tomorrow morning im going to have an arm implant put in, i must admit i'm some what anxious about it (not good with needles) and I likes the reassurance of feeling like i was doing something every day by taking the pill.

Hopefully this will finally stop this crazey period i've been having, fingers crossed, though reading some of the stories here, i'm not 100% convinced this is going to help /sigh
I'm 31 and have stopped birth control about 6 years ago and have the most irregular period. Will go 6 to 8 months without a period and then when I do get it, it's for a few days. Now, the past few months I get my period for over a month and I do not know what is wrong! I had an ultrasound, thyroid test and nothing is an alarm to the doc! But they always, always suggest birth control! I feel like they mask the real issue by always suggesting birth control, and I want to know what is wrong! So frustrating!
I'm a 23 year old married women and I've had this abnormal bleeding for a month and a half. I had gone to talk to a Doctor, but he couldn't tell me anything. "You're fine." that's all he said, but because at the time i've only bled for 9 days, i was relieved to find out I wasn't pregnant or had a miscarriage. It wasn't until a couple of days ago i've gotten worried because of the bleeding lasting way to long. All of my periods has been regular for a couple months and then irregular the next couple of months. ranging from 30-45 day cycles.

A friend of mine had the same problem last year and her period lasted for 3 months... And from what I know, she's stopped. I can only hope for the same... and soon.
Hi I have a problem where I am bleed non stop It does soak a paid or anything I can where one pad all day and I am fine.  It just doesn't stop now I am always cold, and I took midol to see if it will help and it did a little but now I feel like I want to vomit I felt fine till I took midol now nope.  I have no insurance that a doctor will take so I can't go see a doctor.  I don't want to anyway because they never believe me when I tell them I am a virgin
I know its Been years but did anyone ever find a solution I'm going through this now I've been bleeding for 4mnths n counting smh please help
Dear May

Don't be afraid. Just go and chat to them. Who cares what they think. It's your body.
Dear May

im 19 and I haven't had a period for 10 months. Usually when I do have a period it's very heavy and usually id have to change my tampon every 30-20 mins and it lasts for 2 weeks well yesterday i went to the bathroom and i was hoping to get my period since there was blood... but that only lasted for a minute. I would go to the doctor, but I don't have any insurance. I have took pregnancy tests and 3 of them were negative and the 1 was invalid. What could this be?
I also have the same problem . I am 33 . I missed my periods in Oct. Then on 20 Nov I took 3 flygile pills. Then I started spotting the next day , then on the 27th they became so heavy like my normal periods , lasted five days , then started to be lighter until today 10 dec . Its been 21days now . I dnt feel sick at all. No dizziness, sore breasts, cramps. I need them to stop
I'm 15 and haven't had my period for about 6 months now. Normally, I would just chalk it up to it being irregular. But I didn't have one at all in 2012, and then in the beginning of 2013, I had it for 37 days straight, and it was heavy. I wasn't feeling any cramps or anything, just the bleeding. Then I was off, and didn't have it for a few weeks. Then, all of a sudden, I got it again! 43 days this time!! Since I'm 15 I'm fairly ignorant on if this is regular or not. I've tried researching, but this is the only sight I've found that actually helps. But as I'm reading through, I realize that I am fairly younger than everyone else. I've never had sex, my diet isn't amazing, and I'm not extremely stressed. If anyone can help, that'd be great. Thanks!!
I have had my period for more than one month. I remember cause I saw my doc a month ago to the day and had my period then too. I have always had long heavy periods, and then missing periods at other times. My mother had them like that too. We both have hypothyroidism, among other illness. She has been on a synthetic hormone since age 7, and I just started one. Just thought I would recommend that if some of you ladies are feeling really tired all the time, and depressed, or anything of the sort...if you have dry skin, hair loss, or any reason to think you might have hypothyroidism, get checked! And ladies I stress the importance of going to the gyno cause it is not worth the worry. I haven't gone since my last abnormal testing and now I have to wait a month to find out if there was anything wrong. My mother found out she had cancer by going, had a hysterectomy, and it hasn't been back since. It really can help! GO!
oh and if you think your doctor is sick of seeing you and you "complaining" about it, get help elsewhere. you have every right to be concerned and you know what is normal for you...and if you are concerned your doc should be too.
.i'm 18 years old and since long i am irregular peiods..recently i haven't got my periods for 3 months and then when i got it it continued for 3 weeks..then i decided to see a gynaegologue.the doctor took an ultrasound abdomen..then she told me that my period will continue and she put me on contraceptive pills for 1 month..2 months later again i didn't get my peiods..its irregular and does not have a fixed time to come out..now i have got my periods and it been lasting since 3 weeks and don't know when it will stop..i am fed up with it now..sometimes the blood comes out a bit dark and thick..i got blood clots..recently i have put on weight and now i am on diet and sometimes i excercise..what should I do??can this problem of mine can't make me pregnant later on??can it cause health problems?? how to stop this??HELP PLZZ :(
I've been dealing with the same issues as well. I never had a problem with my periods, even after the birth of my older two but did so after the birth of my twins which were delivered by C-Section and within the past two years I have been dealing with irregular periods, lower back pain, right side hurts, headaches, mood swings, sleep problems and hot flashes.  I've been tested for everything; blood work, pelvic exam, ultrasound and all have come back normal.  In 2013, I kept going back to my OBGYN and they kept trying different birth controls which had at the time made it only worse.  I also had a tubal ligation after my twins and I've doing research on symptoms that could be caused due to the tubal ligation but of course most medical websites claim that there should not be no issues in relation to a tubal ligation and irregular periods which I believe is just a cover up for doctors. Here is a website I've looked at and a lot sums me up. http://tubal.org/symptoms_of_pts.htm.  So,for all of last year I pretty much was bleeding 24/7 whether it was light or heavy, a period is a period and no one should have to deal with these issues.  I've talked about doing a hysterectomy but of course the doctors are completely against this and want to keep trying other forms of a birth control, but I've put a stop to that because as I had said earlier, it only made my symptoms worse. Currently, I am switching jobs and my new one offers insurance so I will be able to try another OBGYN and I'm praying they will take my situation a little more seriously. I did start having regular periods in Jan 2014 and Feb 2014 but I've been bleeding since the beginning of March 2014 till now. I've also done research on perimenopause and a lot of the symptoms I have are what they would consider perimenopausal, here are a few websites to consider looking into.http://www.healthline.com/health-blogs/hold-that-pause/35-symptoms-perimenopause                              http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/perimenopause/basics/symptoms/con-20029473
At times, I get to the point in which I can no longer deal with my situation  but I just keep doing my research and finding alternative approaches in helping to maintain the symptoms.  All I know is I'm glad, I'm not alone.
Try liver. It is an excellent form of iron. It has helped others with the problem of long periods who have anemia. Eat it or another kind of beef for six meals straight. Liver is best. This is particularly important to do if you are anemic. Mothers use to know to feed their children liver regularly. Liver is extremely nutritious. I never use to feed liver to my children until I learned the benefits. I learned how to make it and now they really like it and even ask for it. It is interesting to watch someone who is pale after they eat liver. They pink right up within hours. They feel a lot better too. Liver also has zinc which is great for acne and immunity. However you eat it, just do it. You will feel better, and it has helped women stop bleeding. When a woman is anemic she bleeds easier and when she bleeds it leads to anemia. So iron is crucial. Liver is the best thing I know. I like calf liver the best because it is more tender. A good way to make liver is to cut it up while still frozen, use molasses (a good one from a health food store is another source of iron), brown sugar, soy sauce. You can serve it with rice or between bread as a sandwhich. It might take getting use to, but is fantastic. And now my kids really like it--probably because it makes them feel better. Cook it all at once and then eat some at six consecutive meals. You can find calf liver in the freezer or meat section of some grocery stores. Again, I like to get it frozen. It is nicer to work with that way. If you simply can't eat liver, eat beef. It is high in vitamins, minerals, and iron. Liver is awesome--it's so worth a try. My best to everyone out there who has this going on! PS Chemical birth control today is very unhealthy and can lead to so many problems, including infertility in the future.
thankyou!!!!!!  I am 49 years old.   I had extremely heavy periods for 10 weeks straight. went to the doctor, every test done imaginable and some twice.  They found absolutely nothing wrong , they even said my hormone levels were normal.   They put me on birth control and 10 iron pills a day until I could have surgery.  They did an endometrial oblasion wich helped so much for a while.  I barly had a period and it lasted 2 days.  Its been 3 years.  Once again, my period hasn't stopped for 7 weeks, very tiny blood clots and normal compared to the last time.  Now its just one box of tampons every 5 days instead of everyday plus heavy pad.  Regaurdless, im sick of bleeding and am starting to get weak again, and I refuse to take birth control pills,thats why I had the surgery and that's why I had my tubes tied. I had no Idea so many of us shared the same issues.  Thankyou again.  I will deefinatly try the VITEX
That is really good to know, especially the part about bleeding more easily when were low on iron.  I want to try the liver again.  I used to eat it bbq on the grill and it was so good.  I am also taking vitex .  its been two days and I already see a big difference.  Thankyou!!!
ok  this is for every one!!!!!    VITEX  DOES WORK!!!!!!   After 3 days I completely stopped bleeding.  Probably faster for me because I stay away from soy and I had an endometrial ablaision years ago, so I wasn't literally bleeding to death this time.   wish I knew about this  years ago.
How dare you talk **** about doctors and OB-GYNs! "good-for-nothings"? You're going to say this about helpers and healers? My mother is a doctor and I can assure you, if birth control was really as harmful as you are saying it is, she would not feel comfortable putting me on it. Until you go through the rigorous training and stress of complete medical school, why don't you keep your comments to yourself.
I'm 18 and my periods started when I was 10 but have always been irregular until I got the contraceptive implant at 16, they became regular but lasted 2-3 weeks which I was told was normal. I have now had them for 7 weeks and am quite worried with reading these comments. I have been to the doctors about this before and was given medication which helped but I'm worried that there is something wrong :(
Im 15, ive been on and off my period for almost a month it seems but i dont want to tell my mum. The past few days its been really heavy, is that normal? Im too embarrased to go to the doctors or even tell my mum.
I'm going through the same thing, although I have never been pregnant and I'm 49,,,,many tell me it's the change of life and is also stress related.
Viewing 201-364 comments: