Period lasting for about 6-7 weeks
I'm 25 and I have always had irregular periods, but now I have had one that has lasted about 6-7 weeks and counting. It's sometimes heavy and then most of the time it's light. Sometimes it's like 'period' blood and other times it fresh - like i've just cut myself. I've been to see the nurse and she did a few blood tests and the results are i have to go back for a prolactin test in 3 months. She also did a pregnancy test - but I can't be pregnant. I'm about 3 stone over weight and the nurse said that wasn't the problem. I am not taking any medication and i'm not on any birth control (my fiance had a vasectomy in 1989). I have recently changed my diet for the better - eating fresh, homemade food instead of processed. I also haven't had any major stress in my life recently. When it first started i was tired a lot - but not after 6 odd weeks, i don't seem to have any side effects. Can someone help please.
I'm a 23 year old married women and I've had this abnormal bleeding for a month and a half. I had gone to talk to a Doctor, but he couldn't tell me anything. "You're fine." that's all he said, but because at the time i've only bled for 9 days, i was relieved to find out I wasn't pregnant or had a miscarriage. It wasn't until a couple of days ago i've gotten worried because of the bleeding lasting way to long. All of my periods has been regular for a couple months and then irregular the next couple of months. ranging from 30-45 day cycles.

A friend of mine had the same problem last year and her period lasted for 3 months... And from what I know, she's stopped. I can only hope for the same... and soon.
Hi I have a problem where I am bleed non stop It does soak a paid or anything I can where one pad all day and I am fine.  It just doesn't stop now I am always cold, and I took midol to see if it will help and it did a little but now I feel like I want to vomit I felt fine till I took midol now nope.  I have no insurance that a doctor will take so I can't go see a doctor.  I don't want to anyway because they never believe me when I tell them I am a virgin
I know its Been years but did anyone ever find a solution I'm going through this now I've been bleeding for 4mnths n counting smh please help
Dear May

Don't be afraid. Just go and chat to them. Who cares what they think. It's your body.
Dear May

im 19 and I haven't had a period for 10 months. Usually when I do have a period it's very heavy and usually id have to change my tampon every 30-20 mins and it lasts for 2 weeks well yesterday i went to the bathroom and i was hoping to get my period since there was blood... but that only lasted for a minute. I would go to the doctor, but I don't have any insurance. I have took pregnancy tests and 3 of them were negative and the 1 was invalid. What could this be?
I also have the same problem . I am 33 . I missed my periods in Oct. Then on 20 Nov I took 3 flygile pills. Then I started spotting the next day , then on the 27th they became so heavy like my normal periods , lasted five days , then started to be lighter until today 10 dec . Its been 21days now . I dnt feel sick at all. No dizziness, sore breasts, cramps. I need them to stop
I'm 15 and haven't had my period for about 6 months now. Normally, I would just chalk it up to it being irregular. But I didn't have one at all in 2012, and then in the beginning of 2013, I had it for 37 days straight, and it was heavy. I wasn't feeling any cramps or anything, just the bleeding. Then I was off, and didn't have it for a few weeks. Then, all of a sudden, I got it again! 43 days this time!! Since I'm 15 I'm fairly ignorant on if this is regular or not. I've tried researching, but this is the only sight I've found that actually helps. But as I'm reading through, I realize that I am fairly younger than everyone else. I've never had sex, my diet isn't amazing, and I'm not extremely stressed. If anyone can help, that'd be great. Thanks!!
I have had my period for more than one month. I remember cause I saw my doc a month ago to the day and had my period then too. I have always had long heavy periods, and then missing periods at other times. My mother had them like that too. We both have hypothyroidism, among other illness. She has been on a synthetic hormone since age 7, and I just started one. Just thought I would recommend that if some of you ladies are feeling really tired all the time, and depressed, or anything of the sort...if you have dry skin, hair loss, or any reason to think you might have hypothyroidism, get checked! And ladies I stress the importance of going to the gyno cause it is not worth the worry. I haven't gone since my last abnormal testing and now I have to wait a month to find out if there was anything wrong. My mother found out she had cancer by going, had a hysterectomy, and it hasn't been back since. It really can help! GO!
oh and if you think your doctor is sick of seeing you and you "complaining" about it, get help elsewhere. you have every right to be concerned and you know what is normal for you...and if you are concerned your doc should be too.
.i'm 18 years old and since long i am irregular peiods..recently i haven't got my periods for 3 months and then when i got it it continued for 3 weeks..then i decided to see a gynaegologue.the doctor took an ultrasound abdomen..then she told me that my period will continue and she put me on contraceptive pills for 1 month..2 months later again i didn't get my peiods..its irregular and does not have a fixed time to come out..now i have got my periods and it been lasting since 3 weeks and don't know when it will stop..i am fed up with it now..sometimes the blood comes out a bit dark and thick..i got blood clots..recently i have put on weight and now i am on diet and sometimes i excercise..what should I do??can this problem of mine can't make me pregnant later on??can it cause health problems?? how to stop this??HELP PLZZ :(
I've been dealing with the same issues as well. I never had a problem with my periods, even after the birth of my older two but did so after the birth of my twins which were delivered by C-Section and within the past two years I have been dealing with irregular periods, lower back pain, right side hurts, headaches, mood swings, sleep problems and hot flashes.  I've been tested for everything; blood work, pelvic exam, ultrasound and all have come back normal.  In 2013, I kept going back to my OBGYN and they kept trying different birth controls which had at the time made it only worse.  I also had a tubal ligation after my twins and I've doing research on symptoms that could be caused due to the tubal ligation but of course most medical websites claim that there should not be no issues in relation to a tubal ligation and irregular periods which I believe is just a cover up for doctors. Here is a website I've looked at and a lot sums me up. http://tubal.org/symptoms_of_pts.htm.  So,for all of last year I pretty much was bleeding 24/7 whether it was light or heavy, a period is a period and no one should have to deal with these issues.  I've talked about doing a hysterectomy but of course the doctors are completely against this and want to keep trying other forms of a birth control, but I've put a stop to that because as I had said earlier, it only made my symptoms worse. Currently, I am switching jobs and my new one offers insurance so I will be able to try another OBGYN and I'm praying they will take my situation a little more seriously. I did start having regular periods in Jan 2014 and Feb 2014 but I've been bleeding since the beginning of March 2014 till now. I've also done research on perimenopause and a lot of the symptoms I have are what they would consider perimenopausal, here are a few websites to consider looking into.http://www.healthline.com/health-blogs/hold-that-pause/35-symptoms-perimenopause                              http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/perimenopause/basics/symptoms/con-20029473
At times, I get to the point in which I can no longer deal with my situation  but I just keep doing my research and finding alternative approaches in helping to maintain the symptoms.  All I know is I'm glad, I'm not alone.
Try liver. It is an excellent form of iron. It has helped others with the problem of long periods who have anemia. Eat it or another kind of beef for six meals straight. Liver is best. This is particularly important to do if you are anemic. Mothers use to know to feed their children liver regularly. Liver is extremely nutritious. I never use to feed liver to my children until I learned the benefits. I learned how to make it and now they really like it and even ask for it. It is interesting to watch someone who is pale after they eat liver. They pink right up within hours. They feel a lot better too. Liver also has zinc which is great for acne and immunity. However you eat it, just do it. You will feel better, and it has helped women stop bleeding. When a woman is anemic she bleeds easier and when she bleeds it leads to anemia. So iron is crucial. Liver is the best thing I know. I like calf liver the best because it is more tender. A good way to make liver is to cut it up while still frozen, use molasses (a good one from a health food store is another source of iron), brown sugar, soy sauce. You can serve it with rice or between bread as a sandwhich. It might take getting use to, but is fantastic. And now my kids really like it--probably because it makes them feel better. Cook it all at once and then eat some at six consecutive meals. You can find calf liver in the freezer or meat section of some grocery stores. Again, I like to get it frozen. It is nicer to work with that way. If you simply can't eat liver, eat beef. It is high in vitamins, minerals, and iron. Liver is awesome--it's so worth a try. My best to everyone out there who has this going on! PS Chemical birth control today is very unhealthy and can lead to so many problems, including infertility in the future.
thankyou!!!!!!  I am 49 years old.   I had extremely heavy periods for 10 weeks straight. went to the doctor, every test done imaginable and some twice.  They found absolutely nothing wrong , they even said my hormone levels were normal.   They put me on birth control and 10 iron pills a day until I could have surgery.  They did an endometrial oblasion wich helped so much for a while.  I barly had a period and it lasted 2 days.  Its been 3 years.  Once again, my period hasn't stopped for 7 weeks, very tiny blood clots and normal compared to the last time.  Now its just one box of tampons every 5 days instead of everyday plus heavy pad.  Regaurdless, im sick of bleeding and am starting to get weak again, and I refuse to take birth control pills,thats why I had the surgery and that's why I had my tubes tied. I had no Idea so many of us shared the same issues.  Thankyou again.  I will deefinatly try the VITEX
That is really good to know, especially the part about bleeding more easily when were low on iron.  I want to try the liver again.  I used to eat it bbq on the grill and it was so good.  I am also taking vitex .  its been two days and I already see a big difference.  Thankyou!!!
ok  this is for every one!!!!!    VITEX  DOES WORK!!!!!!   After 3 days I completely stopped bleeding.  Probably faster for me because I stay away from soy and I had an endometrial ablaision years ago, so I wasn't literally bleeding to death this time.   wish I knew about this  years ago.
How dare you talk **** about doctors and OB-GYNs! "good-for-nothings"? You're going to say this about helpers and healers? My mother is a doctor and I can assure you, if birth control was really as harmful as you are saying it is, she would not feel comfortable putting me on it. Until you go through the rigorous training and stress of complete medical school, why don't you keep your comments to yourself.
I'm 18 and my periods started when I was 10 but have always been irregular until I got the contraceptive implant at 16, they became regular but lasted 2-3 weeks which I was told was normal. I have now had them for 7 weeks and am quite worried with reading these comments. I have been to the doctors about this before and was given medication which helped but I'm worried that there is something wrong :(
Im 15, ive been on and off my period for almost a month it seems but i dont want to tell my mum. The past few days its been really heavy, is that normal? Im too embarrased to go to the doctors or even tell my mum.
I'm going through the same thing, although I have never been pregnant and I'm 49,,,,many tell me it's the change of life and is also stress related.
I'm 18 and a new college student. I have never before experienced irregular periods but as of tomorrow I will have had my period for 31 DAYS. All I want to do is lose my virginity! But I can't because I have a HEAVY flow EVERY DAY. I don't know what to do and I'm so frustrated (emotionally and sexually). Someone please help.
I am 17 and today is my 30th day having a period :(  what will I do :( I'm too afraid to tell mom :( and I'm afraid to know what's happening in me :( I'm sure you'll understand. It really ***** knowing that why would this happened. Did I do something wrong? Or do i have a disease or what.  Knowing that I'm not alone is soo much?! Happiness :( I dunno why :( please help me. An article I've just read awhile ago it say that some of the hormones are changing or evolving. But please I do worry a lot I'm ashamed of having this
I am 18 and until last year I had never had regular periods. They were always late, or never came at all. At a point last year I thought they would finally become normal  due to my exercising routine. Now, in 2014, ever since May my period hasn't actually stopped for a long time. It would stop for like a week, and then start all over again. I don't know what to do. I don't have a gynecologist, and I still go to my pediatrician. I am too embarrassed to talk to my pede about it....
Im 13 and my period started January 2014. Its been flowing normally as it started, but I was surprised because nothing hurt! Last September, I had no period at all. All November, i had my period. It only stopped last week. Now, I have my period again and its so heavy. I am healthy in all ways possible. I eat my greens, I exercise regularly, im not over or underweight, I sleep 9 hours a day, and the only stress I get is from school, which is not much. My mom can't let me go to the doctors because she's too busy. Eveyone is. Help please? Any home remedies? I'm really worried...
Hi ladies!
I'm 18, and I have been diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago. My last period, started on 31st October, and lasted till 27th December. It was a moderate flow, but I was extremely worried, and went to multiple doctors, but in vain. After a month of bleeding, inevitably I grew Anemic, and wasn't even able to walk without feeling faint. On 25th December, I was put on XAMIC-MF, and within two days of starting the dosage, the bleeding stopped. After 5 days, I'm back to normal and I feel grateful to my doc.
Since most of you are having similar problems, ask your doc about XAMIC-MF, I'm sure it'll help. It did, for me.
Don't lose hope, girls :)
Have a wonderful new year!
hey i had my periods when i was 12 i had it regular for the first time but then it started coming out irregular it had almost for a month with heavy clamps and then the next month it happened for 12 days then again for a month this continued and now i am 14 years .....but presently i had period started on 2 December 2014 it went all good till 12 days but then stopped for a day and started again but with normal or light blood ...today's 16th January 2015 and i am bleeding very badly with heavy clamps ever ...  I've got checked by at least 4-5 doctors and my whole family knows about it and am missing my school days and have done ultrasound test and a thyroid test all went positive ..... but it is not stopping now it is being continued for a month ...What to do now ? I want to go to school but i am so weak that i cannot even stand for 15 minutes ... somebody please help...... doctor's have said that it will be regular after 2 or 3 years but from 2013 it's 2015 nothing has changed ... PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP !!!!!  
Im 18 years old turning 19 an a few weeks and I have been on my period for at least 5 weeks now. I don't know whats wrong with me. I started my periods when I was 10 and they where all ways calender accurate. Until last year when I went 6 months without a period ( I knew that i was not pregnant because I have never had sex). After then my periods have been really irregular. My last one was 2 weeks and now this one I'm on my 5th week. Its freaking me out! Also today I started having terrible cramps the worst I have ever had in a while. I don't know what to do.
what pills are you taking?
well I am 28years old and started my period when I was 14 I never had a so called normal period the doctors tell me its normal but I don't think bleeding for months then not bleeding for 14 months I am really worried because I have no children and I really want to have a few one day can anyone tell me what to do so I can stop bleeding
I just turned 51 and have always had long periods but this time it has lasted longer than ever - very clotty - I had it for 7 weeks - bleeding and spotting it finally stopped last week and today it started again. I'm a healthy woman - I walk 6 miles a day and eat very healthy so I don't know what could be causing it. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one out there suffering from this annoying problem. I have an appointment scheduled for later on this week. Hope the issue can get resolved and that this will go back to normal periods. Fingers crossed and I will update my post if I don't bleed to death. haha!!
I have pretty much been on my period ever since february now, and not off of a period for more than 5 or 6 days before another starts. At end of march, I went to doctor. She put me on provera for a few days which stopped the period, and referred me to an obgyn who put me on birth control pills. I started my period about 5 days later (as expected when taking/stopping provera) and so began my birthcontrol pills shortly after. Now, in mid June, still having constant periods.

They are much lighter than my periods used to be. I've always had super heavy periods. but now I am barely noticing even just a faint pink streak here or there most of the times.

Sometimes I think then, oh good, it must be ending, yay. I thought that yesterday, then since I decided not to wear a panty liner, to my surprise about half way through the day found I was bleeding heavy again and had to go change.

It goes on and on like this. light 90% of the time, heavy for 2 or 3 days, but constant almost always.

I'm 34, I do have PCOS, but have had that for a long time, and never had this problem before, if anything, most of the time, I would not ovulate and go months without a period.

Doctors did numerous tests. including but not limited to internal and external ultrasounds, bloodwork, papsmear, pregnancy tests, and checking for std. All tests negative. OBGYN said utereus looks normal in thickness etc and doesn't think I have any problems.

I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm so tired every day, it's becoming harder and harder to just even get out of bed in the morning every day. I am emotional and have all the symptoms and pains of a normal menestral cycle except that my pain has been constant since february (sensitive breasts, nausea, diarhea and constipation at the same time, headache, ovary/side pain, thigh pain, tummy pain, back pain.)

I just want it to end already!!

To make matters worse, my doctor referred me to an OBGYN who then, after one appointment called to tell me she's closing her practice. I called another OBGYN last week, but am told that they won't even talk to me or schedule anything until they see my test results, so I had to go in and sign release forms, and now waiting, for who knows how long, meanwhile, every day, including today, I continue to bleed and hurt, and become weaker and more tired each day.
Hi I'm 17 and my period has lasted for 2 weeks now and it's relativly normal/heavy and I've been having minor cramps. My periods on and off a lot cause I only got my first one maybe 2 years ago, but I don't really know what to do. Do I wait for it to stop? See how long it'll last? Go to doctor? I'm just really unsure and getting a little freaked out :(
Drink lemon juice u will bleed less and no cramps my periods is perfect I never had cramps and never heavily blood drink lemon juice 3 times a day
I am 14 years old and started my period on the 5th of June and it didn't end till like the 10th of July. There was heavy blood and what I think you guys are calling clotting? Where there's like a dark kinda slimey looking matter sometimes I found them on my underwear but once there was a large on in the toilet. Kinda worried please reply.
Sometimes this happens the heaviness can be normal
Hey so I just found this forum. I'm 32 and have had irregular periods since i was 13 (when they started). I've gone up to 6 months without a period.Usually it's about 3 months without a period and then i get it for 5 days. Now I've had my period coming up on 8 weeks. It's not heavy at all. I don't need a pad or tampon but I'm clearly bleeding lightly when I urinate and "staining" throughout the day. I'M boated and have cramps, lower back pain and my breasts are sore every day. I'm definitely not pregnant. I went to the gyno a few weeks ago and she recommended birth control. I'm NOT a fan of birth control. I was on it in college and it contributed to major depression. I also don't want crazy chemical hormones in my body. I do know that I have elevated estrogen. I had taken vitex to get my period but stopped after my period wouldn't go away. Does anyone have any information of suggestions? I just got approved for health insurance and I'm thinking of getting a sonogram. Any support would be appreciated. Blessings
I have a similar problem and its been this way ever since I started my period, I wont get them for like six sometimes 8 months and when I do they can last for 1 to 2 months and are very heavy and painful. I've been on two different types of the combined pill but it just made me really ill, so I had to come off them. There could be a changes that you are anemic, so your not clotting probably this might also account for you frequent nose bleeds. The other thing my be polycystic ovary cyst. It might not be that at all but if you got to your GP those are the two things they're probably check first, it is only a blood test and a scan of the bladder. I had the same tests but it came back negative but it is still good to get them done as it means that its something they can cross off the list to check for. I know its embarrassing to go and talk to your GP about it I was terrified myself I even dragged my mum along, but it better being embarrassed for 10min (but once I began talking to them it wasn't that bad, they get this kind things a lot) than having to live with this without have any hope of it changing  ;)
hi! i'm 38, i have never been pregnant or had kids, but this is DEFINITELY pcos. Pcos causes you to grow hair (because your testosterone levels go up) so make an appointment with an endocronoligist (i dont think thats how u spell it but thats how its pronounced) and tell them everything. but i'm sure u already know by now.. i mean, this was in 2012. now it's 2015. good luck
Hi ladies!
Since most of you are having similar problems, ask your doc about XAMIC-MF, I'm sure it'll help. It did, for me!
ive had my periods for a month now the first week was very light blood almost like a stain when that finished i got them all over again but this time a normal flow and its been happening since.i recently discovered my fiance has been cheating,before i started the periods i had a yellow light green discharge for quite some time with a not pleasant smell .im scared and to scared to ho to the doctors please help anyone that has the same thing happening to them
Hello. I am 44 years old; 3 pregnancies, 2 live and 1 miscarriage. I got my tubes tied after my 2nd child almost 18 years ago. I have been to the doctor, again and again and again. I have always had cysts on my ovaries. My mom had cervical cancer, my paternal grandmother had cancer but we don't know from where it started and my half sister had breast cancer. Oh and I quick smoking a year ago. For a year and a half I have been having a pain on my left side and lower back. My periods have been horrific. Three weeks a month I am physically ill but only actually menstruated 5 to 7 days. Up until 10 weeks ago I had not had a period for 5 months but every month I would still have the cramps, nausia, weakness... Then all the sudden, bam I started. The first day I almost went through a whole box of tampons and had to swtich to pads. I have been so physically ill and in such pain I can barely stand it most days.
My new doctor sent me to have an internal sonogram done after running all the usual tests (which all came back normal except my white blood cell counts). The only thing they have found is that I have a cyst on my left ovary (where I have been have the greatest amount of pain), however it is not fluid fild, has a solid mass within it. The OBGYN who I have been referred to didn't seem to concerned after reviewing the sonogram notes.
Very frustrating, confusing, and lord I have mercy I am so tired.
Similar experience did you find out what's going on?
I am 30 year old, no children was experience heavy bleeding with blood clots everyday for a month and half. i went to the herbal store and pick up some turmeric powder,ginger root powder, maca root powder( i just got 1 oz. each to start, they are pretty cheap loose powder by the oz...then i went to vitaminshoppee and pick up All Day Energy greens by IVL.  In my cup of juice or water( the taste is interesting but you will get use to it) I would put a teaspoon of maca and half teaspoon of ginger and drink it. then the next day i will drink with my juice/water a teaspoon of the All day energy greens and a  half of teaspoon of turmeric.some days i would just do the greens and turmeric drink. i was back to normal with my period in about 6 days.i think the greens and turmeric worked the best for me but you can try and see what works better for you. i'm no doctor just telling what helped me.
Aww. Definetely she should get checked for endometriosis. or Poly cystic ovaries. I don't know so much about this but It can't harm investigating these things. I would recommend staying away from hormone injections or the pill. I have a mini copper coil which has been good. I do get quite painful periods for 1- 2 days and then it settles down and my periods usually last 5-6 days. I am on this site because my last period has been 15 days. But this is the first one like it and i have been very ill with flu so it may be related. The merina coil is meant to be really good. But it can stop you from having any periods or make them very light. I preferred the copper coil as it didn't have any hormones. Even though the merina coil only releases hormones locally and they don't go coursing around your body I didn't like the idea of not having a period. Mefanamic acid capsules are good for period pain. You have to get them prescribed. And Tranexamic acid capsules or I think it comes in liquid form too is good for reducing heavy periods. Speak to a doctor about these things too. I hope it gets sorted soon. You are a good partner to be so concerned. Try to relax and breath. It will work itself out. Just get these things checked.
ok please tell me im not alone in this i started my first period
when i was nine and ive had my period  regularly since  but  now im 18 and i started the pill when i was 16 but it ran out and  i started the pill again im been bleeding since march 29th and its like heavy and its been this way the whole time im still bleeding and it doesnt seem to stop i been in alot of stress lately im not pregnant ik know for sure because im saving myself for marriage im just soo scared this has never happened to me before my periods usally last three to four days but this is not going away whats wrong with me please help  
Open on my. For the last 2 going on 3 months now and I do not know why do I have to go to the emergency room what what should I
I'm 13 and I'm on my 3rd period and it's been about a month and I still have it, I'm starting to get worried I haven't even told my mom I got my period and I'm scared if I tell her she'll be mad for not telling her. Some days it heavy some days it's light and other days it's just pinkish discharge I'm starting to get really scared what should I do?
omg! im 13 too and i had a 6 month pause and now i am on my period again and it has lasted for a month and im scared that i will lose too much blood. I actually told my mon about the situation and she called a doctor who said its totally normal but if its heavy and lasts longer then 5 weeks you should go to the doctor. Trust me i was so terrified about telling my mom so i just went in the mittle of night and i told her i couldnt get sleep and then i kindy just bited my lip and said it out. Your mom vill not be mad..... Shes been in a same kind of situation when she was young so shell understand! :)
had 4 week period. What can I do