Period that starts and stops, could I be pregnant?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi, I have been taking antiobiotics (Erythromycin) for over 2 months now for my acne cysts. I am also on birth control. My boyfriend and I havn't been using a backup form of birth control since I've been on the antibiotics and have had unprotected sex multiple times. I have been having a large amount of moodiness (little issues get blown up and make me break down and cry) and nausea. Normally, I get my period really strong and it slowly lightens up and lasts 3-4 days, however this month when I got it, it was brown at first and it has been starting and stopping. I keep thinking my period has ended because the tampon will be completely clean, however a number of hours later or the next day I'll have more blood. I am also extremely bloated. I know that some side effects of the antibiotics cause nausea, but it seems to have just shown up 2 months later. Any ideas? I'm not sure if I'm pregnant since I seem to be on my period, but it has never been like this before.
Avatar n tn
adding on... I have never been this bloated before, and it is not constipation for sure. It's my lower abdomin (abdomen) right under my bellybutton.
Hi! I experienced that exact type of period when I was pregnant with my first child. I dont think that its common to have the start stop thing but I had it and my girl is just fine. I cant tell you much about the cause of it however because I was 16 at the time and didnt visit a doc until several months later. I advise you NOT to do the same! Also if you think there is a chance you should stop taking the perscriptions because they could be harmful but whatever you do you should see your doctor and find out for sure.
I think I experienced a period just like that. BUt mine was bleeding for only 2.5 days. My normal ones usually last 6 days! It was weird. I havn't tested yet though. Take a pregnancy test!
Avatar n tn
I took a pregnancy that afternoon and it was negative, and I seem to not be as nauseous anymore, but I'm still just physically exhausted and drained, and my lower abdomen is still bloated. I lost some weight in the last 4 months, and now my stomach looks exactly like it did 4 months ago when I was 15 pounds heavier, but my arms and legs, even my hips havnt changed at all. I should get my period in a little over a week so I guess I'll wait, I just dont understand why my abdomen, lower especially, is much much larger.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals