Period that starts and stops, could I be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi, I have been taking antiobiotics (Erythromycin) for over 2 months now for my acne cysts. I am also on birth control. My boyfriend and I havn't been using a backup form of birth control since I've been on the antibiotics and have had unprotected sex multiple times. I have been having a large amount of moodiness (little issues get blown up and make me break down and cry) and nausea. Normally, I get my period really strong and it slowly lightens up and lasts 3-4 days, however this month when I got it, it was brown at first and it has been starting and stopping. I keep thinking my period has ended because the tampon will be completely clean, however a number of hours later or the next day I'll have more blood. I am also extremely bloated. I know that some side effects of the antibiotics cause nausea, but it seems to have just shown up 2 months later. Any ideas? I'm not sure if I'm pregnant since I seem to be on my period, but it has never been like this before.
adding on... I have never been this bloated before, and it is not constipation for sure. It's my lower abdomin (abdomen) right under my bellybutton.
Hi! I experienced that exact type of period when I was pregnant with my first child. I dont think that its common to have the start stop thing but I had it and my girl is just fine. I cant tell you much about the cause of it however because I was 16 at the time and didnt visit a doc until several months later. I advise you NOT to do the same! Also if you think there is a chance you should stop taking the perscriptions because they could be harmful but whatever you do you should see your doctor and find out for sure.
I think I experienced a period just like that. BUt mine was bleeding for only 2.5 days. My normal ones usually last 6 days! It was weird. I havn't tested yet though. Take a pregnancy test!
I took a pregnancy that afternoon and it was negative, and I seem to not be as nauseous anymore, but I'm still just physically exhausted and drained, and my lower abdomen is still bloated. I lost some weight in the last 4 months, and now my stomach looks exactly like it did 4 months ago when I was 15 pounds heavier, but my arms and legs, even my hips havnt changed at all. I should get my period in a little over a week so I guess I'll wait, I just dont understand why my abdomen, lower especially, is much much larger.