Period won't stop
I started my period last week. It went on for the normal 5 days,stopped for a day . Now it's back again I have had it for almost 3 weeks now. I am very tired . Has it got something to do with the blood loss.
Hi there
I would definitely go to the doctor about this to be examined.  Yes the fatigue can be from all the blood loss and possibly low iron.
HI HITC HOW OLD ARE YOU?THIS MOST COMMONLY HAPPENS TO WOMEN WHO ARE IN THERE LATE 30's.YOU MIGHT HAVE FIBROIDS IN YOUR UTERUS.YOU NEED TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM IF YOU ARE FEELING WEAK AND FATIGUE,DON'T WAIT FOR A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT.WOMEN CAN BLEED TO DEATH FROM THIS.I SHOULD KNOW MY MOM ALL MOST DID.PLEASE SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION AT ONCE.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
I am only 21.
HI YOU NEED TO BE TREATED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GO SEEK IT NOW!TNT406.
You might want to get worked up for a bleeding disorder.  Von Willebrand's disease is common for females and can cause elongated periods.  Many can be controlled with birth control.
Heather, Thanks for noting the chance of Von Willebrand's Disease. I never heard of it until my teenage daughter started her period and it just didn't stop. She was tested for EVERYTHING under the sun including Ultrasounds, bloodwork etc.. She was also tested for Von Willebrand's and was negative but for it as well. We to this day have NO idea why she has this problem. She has been on a number of different hormone therapies which have to be changes every few months when they stop working. Without the pills she would bleed non stop. This has been the case for almost 3 years now and she is a Junior in High School and thinking ahead to her future which hopefully will include children. She asked me recently if she will even be able to have children considering the fact that stopping the pills means she has a neverending period. I don't know what to tell her. We have been told so many times that her body will work it all out, but after several years, I am doubting their advice. She has an annual in November and I intend to push for more answers and not just a refill. Anyone else have a clue?
Thanks for your advice. My period finally stopped a few days ago.
I am 25 years old and have not been able to get my periods under control either. They just last forever. They used to hurt really bad too, but now they don't. The only thing that has ever made any sence that I have been told is that my hormones are not at the levels that they should be. (Maybe due to a low thyroid). Unfortunately I have been suffering through the periods without medication since October 2004 because I was hoping to get preg. I was told this was a possibility because the bleeding does not always correspond with ovulation. It is emotional to live like this, it is really depressing to wear a pad everyday. Please share any help that you find and I promise to do the same.

Jenny_is_busy***@****
hey i am 17 years old and have been on my period for 3years non-stop it will be 4 years in january.The bleedin is light but i have a heavy week priod at the end of each month with gives me great discomfort n am constantly changin my pad and is hard when u ahve examinations.I have been prescribed many pills , taken the injection, none of which have had any effect.I have taken blood tests which do not show any worries, docotors have said the bleeding is not causing you a problem its jus an unwanted problem. i have had an internal check up and now have been booked in to have a IUS - hormonal intrauterine system. If anyone can help please do thank you x
I AM 19 AND I HAVE RECENTLY GOT THE DEPO SHOT NOVEMBER 8 OF THIS YEAR. NEVER BEEN ON ANY TYPE OF BIRTH CONTROL.WELL I DIDNT GET MY PERIOD UNTIL  THE 14TH OF DECEMBER.IT WAS 5 DAYS LATE BUT I HAVE HAD IT SINCE. IT IS NOW THE 26TH OF DECEMBER.  AND ITS STILL GOING. DOES THIS MAYBE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SHOT?
Yes it is because of the shot, I'm having the same problem.   I also took the shot in November 19 and started bleeding on December 10 haven't stop since then.  I'm not going back for my next shot, I rather go back to the pill or just use condoms. I have contacted my doctor and she told me that this is a side effect of the shot.  I have been going crazy trying to find out how to stop the bleeding myself but there really seems to be no way of controlling this.  I have read if you take Ibuprofen for 10 days or if you get your next shot earlier then you are scheduled, or if you start on the pill.  I have tried the Ibuprofen I have been taking 1000m a day and it has been 6 days now it has not stop, so I'm thinking of just riding it out and let it get out of my system on its own.  
i was on the depo shot for about a year and i had the same promblem for about 6 months. im not off the shot and it started back up again. i have been on my period since sepetember. and it is now january. if anybody noes what to do please let me know.
I WAS ON DEPO FOR 5 YEARS, I HAD BLEEDING THE FIRST YEAR STEADY, THEN 1 DAY IT STOPPED AND I DID NOT HAVE A PERIOD FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS TILL I WENT OFF THE SHOT!
I too have been on the depo shot since December 11, 2008 it is now April and i've been bleeding everyday since then. I think I might have been without this drama for 1 week, and then it started again. I really need to no how to stop it...first it was light bleeding that i could handle but now Im bleeding heavy, Im in hell. Whats the point of this shot if you cant even have a life with it. One thing i have to say is, this is the best birth control ever, cause i refuse to have sex period, now.........Someone help me.
I am 27 and have been on my period sense February, recently it has become very heavy with huge blood clots.  Last night I went through 8 pads in 5 hours.  My period has always been irregular lasting for 3 months then not getting one for 2-3 months.  I had blood test and an ultrasound but everything is normal.  Does anybody have any suggestions?
last year i had my period for 6 months straight. now itd back again and ivve had it for over a month.  heavy constant  bleeding. went to few different doctors tried few different birth controls. I gained over 40 pounds from birth control.  nothing has helped. doctors dont know whats wrong with me. i am tired all the time. all i wanna do is sleep. i am so depressed. i dont wanna talk to anyone anymore. its so frustrating.  i just wanna know whats wrong with me??  
i too was on depo for over 4 and a half years and never had a period! loved it!
i then decided to stop (JAN2008) and let my body clean its self out .........worst mistake ever!!!  
At first it took 3 months (APRIL 2008) before i started having my period, it was bad , lots of clots , pain ect and it went away for less than a week, it came back abnormally faster than usual (previous to depo) so i decided to go back on depo straight away.
i hate my period.
but it seems this time it has had the opposite effect on me and it didn't stop and i still have it.
its going on 3 months now since i first started bleeding, i too am very tired and i have tried 2 lots of medication that hasnt worked and am now at the stage i am going to see a gyno asap!!!
wish me luck ladies xoxo
In November I had the depo provera shot. I didn't have my period for 2 weeks and then it came and has not stopped. It's now 3 days until August. I have a doctor appt. for the 1st and that was the soonest I can be seen. I want it to go away. I'm scared it won't. I think I'm getting anemic and that might explain some of my severe exhaustion etc. But it's been 8monthes almost 9. Know one told me this was a possible side effect.  
about 5 years ago i had my period for 3 months straight- went to the gyno and she didnt see anything wrong, a week later it was gone and my period went back to normal. now im 25 and this march it went back to being crazy. it has gone away several times but only for a couple days and then came back. yesturday i only had it for about an hour of the whole day. i dont feel any pain, just occasional headaches and i get tired faster

i hate going to doctors, i dont have medical insurance, and i am deathly afraid of needles. am i crazy for wanting to let it ride out in hopes it will just go back to normal again?
Phew.  Sounds like depo provera and stuff mess us up.  I was on Depo for 10 years and didn't have a period once.  Stopped a year back and periods started again as normal once a month for 5-7 days and with pain, then I stopped long term oral steriods in April this year, periods were fine then only last 1-2 days, then 10 days, then 1 day and now 3 weeks ahhh.  I have been prescibed 200mg Utrogestan 3 times a day for days.  Anyone else had this treatment?  is it rough?  the pamphet has scared me a little
I have been on my period almost solid for about 8 months and I have siddenly gained lots of weight. To the others in the same situation how did you get it under control?
im 23 years old. i have been on my periuod for 8 weeks. Im so over it!! they switched me from a month period on the patch to a aver 6 weeks a period well bad idea i guess for me. Since the 1st 6 weeks i was on my period for 4 weeks (which i expected it to mess it up at first) but than a few weeks late i started again and this time around its 8 weeks. They put me on the 200mg of estrogen and it was horrible it didnt make me stop it only made me a basket case!! My emotions were out of control i bloated so bad and had horrible cramps and back pain!!! since that didnt work they put me on the 600 mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours (for inflamation of the uturus) it didnt work. On sunday they have me starting the ring (a new birth control) and 1 week of estrogen.... i will update you with how it works at the end of the week.... let me know if you have any thoughts....
I have been on my peroid for the last 4months. it acts like its going to stop one day but the next day i have a very heavy and clotie day. please tell me what i sould do?
you should go doctors and theyll put u on the pill. they should help, same thing use to happen to me!
I've been trough all of this & more.I am 32. I used to get mad at the Dr's b/c they would rush me & thow me on a pill that only made me gain weight. I was tipping the scales at 320+. I got to the point that I didn't care anymore. I gave up. I finally got tired of being obese and not being "normal" w/ my period that I decided to see a nutritionist. Here is what I paid a lot of $ for. So far I have lost 40 pounds in 3 months and my period is NORMAL! Kinda funny that I was told that my weight was the problem. It was the food! I am now on the Glycemic Index Diet and have learned that foods can alter your hormones and cause several problems with your body. The period is usually the 1st thing we notice at a younger age. Then as we get older we notice more problems like Asthma, Type II Diabetis, Edema and several other problems. You don't have to be 300+ pounds to feel the effects of not being healthy. Some people are skinny and look fine (ON THE OUTSIDE). The diet below teaches you how to eat foods that keep your pancreas from spitting out insulin which grabs every little bit of fat, carbs & sugars and stores them which becomes body fat that begins at the stomach. Below is all of the info you need to start on your own and save you some $$! This is so easy it should be called dieting for Dummies! Diabetics can do this diet as well as anyone who wants maximum energy, cardio health, and level hormones.The foods that you will be eating will make you feel full and digest slowly which help your insulin (hormone) to stay at a normal level.

Get the book called THE ZONE (it's not a lot to read or learn)
Read the web about Glycemice Index Dieting
Check these websites once you read the book:
*http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/calories.htm
*http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/nutrient-search
*http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_volume_cooking.htm (enter the weight you want to become if you're trying to lose)

Helpful Hints:
*drink only water with no additives (they change the H2O chemistry) and cause you to dehydrate
*for every 25 pounds you're overweight add 1 8 oz glass to the 8 you're supposed to drink
**cold water, no ice (the colder the water the slower you drink it) Only drink room temperature water when exercising so you dont cool your body back down & have to start the caloric burn over again.
*IF you drink any tea, diet soda or other liquids they do NOT count towards your required water
*buy only foods that were once ALIVE (meat, cheese, eggs, produce)
*do NOT buy fat free! it's not good for you!
*Dont think "I can eat all the meat I want" you still need to watch fat & caloric intake.
*eat breakfast!
*do not eat egg yolks. there is something in them besides cholesterol that makes you gain weight.
*Pumpernickel, Rye, multigrain or whole wheat bread only 1 slice.
*do NOT pressure cook your food. It breaks it down & you digest it fast
*corn off the cob only. cob carries most of the starches.
*watch the salt!
*if you crave for pasta only eat "NO YOLKS" in moderation
*berries of any kind are very good for you!
*max of 3 fruits a day (1/2 of a banana) No melon unly Honeydew.
*don't gorge yourself. watch your intake. eat meat the size of your palm. You can have all the veggies you want. except pumpkin & squash.
**EXERCISE! only do cardio if you're trying to lose pounds & fat. Weights will cause fat to harden & muscle to build which will make you appear bigger & weigh more. Get the pounds off before you tone.

Don't go for cereals or oatmeals. No bars either. Eat egg whites w/ cheese & bacon bits or veggies instead. Hot foods are more satisfying. If you are on the go. take a hard boiled egg, pop out the yolk. For AM snack have some fruit w/ low cal cheese. or cottage cheese. Salad w/ boiled chicken breast for lunch. Apple for PM snack & lean meat with lots of veggies for dinner & for evening snack some hot herbal tea with some fruit. I usually dont eat the evening snack b/c I'm too full. I drink lots of water & go to the gym before bed.

*If you work out before bed your body will continue to burn calories while you're sleeping!

Good luck & best wishes to a healthier you! God Bless!

I forgot to mention a couple of things above...

No potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams or rice. every now & then is ok. Not w/ every meal.
No Juice. you can have an occasional glass of DIET V8 fruit juice.

Cinnamon (in pill form) and Chromium Picolinate (helps to metabolize sugar) B6 & B12 Vitamins. All of these are from the vitamin isle at any store will give you lots of energy! I take Chaste Tree Berry  and **** Qui to help with my periods (research it on the web).
Also, you can take a diet pill with this diet (I don't b/c I want to do this as naturally as I can). Check with your Dr. before taking anything. Check this site for good prices:
http://www.vitacost.com/index.aspx

Weigh yourself & measure everywhere write it down & put it away for a month. Give this a try & I bet you will see the difference to a healthier you & a normal monthly cycle that you can depend on being on time.

Plan your meals!  Brown Bag meals that you need to eat while you are away from home. If you need fast items, boil chicken breasts & put seasoning after or hot sauce or mustard. take boiled eggs & fruit buy the pre packaged lettuce & throw together a salad. Use oil & vinegar for dressing or low calorie dressing. Get some sliced turkey from the deli to munch on. (Stay AWAY from the fried **** they thow out to tempt us with)! Rotesserie chichen is really cheap & quick-remove the skin & fat & toss in a salad.
**Buy your food every three days instead of a whole cart full of stuff you're going to stuff yourself with & blow your $ on. Try to stick to natural choices not boxed or over processed foods. Watch for empty calories (stuff that has calories & doesnt fill you up).

This is the cheapest & healthiest way of doing a "diet". Believe me! I'm on a very tight budget & actually have saved $.
I am 29 years old. Every since I started my period it only lasts for about 7 days. This month, my period started and it has been 3 weeks and I still have my period. I am a big woman, so I don't want to get on birth control just to gain more weight. Is there anyone who has maybe experienced this as well or has some kind of advise. I don't like having a period at all, and today when facing public I came home to find a period spot on the back of my pants. This is driving me crazy.
i have had my period sence halloween and its the 2nd of december at first it was a normal period and then it stoped around the 11th i wasnt scared cause my period usually does that but then on the 15 i got it again very light it stayed that way for a week then it got very heavy to the point where i gotta change my pad like 12 times a day and ive been having some large blood clot can some one please help me
im going to the doctor tomorrow and im really scared of going because my period has been all screwed up fo a long time about a year but the last time i got it it lasted from 10/31-and is still going on december 4 so im kinda nervous cause some one told me that it sounds like cervix cancer and i was just wondering if i had that and didnt know for over a year now and never new could it spread to other areas of my body and would i still be able to have children in the future if it did
    ~just a little nervous
-but if anyone thinks this sounds like cancer to them please let me know
hello all you elongated period folks
i am 24 yrs old right now, but when i was 14, i had my period for about a year.  it was light and spotting all the time in between the real periods.  i was depressed, tired, everything you all are going through.  then i went on the pill, and the first period i got on the pill was like a mad rampage, i thought i was internally bleeding.  i could only wear a tampon for less than an hour without soaking through it, so i wore a tampon and extra extra mondo pads.  after that though, things became more regular.  i'm not saying that you all are going to have the same happy ending, because believe me, i still get elongated periods.  the most recent one was a month long.  the pill helped me a bit, but i still had some spotting.  i am no longer on the pill and i barely get my period anymore.  it all depends on what my body feels like doing.  this seems like such a common thing and nobody knows what the heck is going on!

i spoke with my cousin, she has had the same thing.  my aunt on the same side of the family also used to have it like this.  maybe it is a genetic thing?
i went to the doctors today and he said i dont have cancer but i have large cyst on my ovaries and that my period would just work its self out maybe thats what wrong with a cupple of you he said that i have nothing abnormal in young women im only 20 years old so he said that i was perfectly normal weird that its normal to have a period for over a month and very heavy but i just wanna thatnk everyone who wrote on this because it  made me feel better knowing that im not alone
Hey ladies, I’m 33yrs old. I’ve been on my period for 12days now. I’ve always had an abnormal period. Sometime I have my period three times a month, but it has never stayed on this long. I’m what should I do?  
Hi Nicbar, I suggest you to go and visit your gyn, he or she might ask you to go and do an ultrasound to check if there is some fibroids, cyst or any other condition that causes the long period, I am not sure what you can have but I just recently found out i have large uterine fibroids and due to them I am experiencing heavier periods.
What I have read that is important to check the level of the hemogolobin or iron in your  blood which can become very depleted due the heavy flow and that can lead you to weaken your system.
He or she might put you on an iron rich food or therapy to restore the levels to give a good quality on life while finding out whats the deal with the heavy or longer period issue.
It is not a burden at all to get back your iron either way. the most important thing is to find the reason why you are lving this...and from there take action.
Good health to you! Take good care!
MY PERIOD BEEN ON FOR LIKE 20 DAYS AND AM ONLY 18 YEARS OLD WAHT DO I DO
i been having my period almost a year i will stop for one day every 2 monthes and come back what could i do
hi everyone. Its nice to see that i am not alone in this. I am now 24 years old and have being having trouble with my period since I was 17. At first i missed it for a whole 6 months. As i was not sexually active i wasnt worried but happy i didnt have it to deal with. when it came it went for 4 months. It was heavy, full of clots and quit painful. After going at it alone for 2 years i finially went to the doctor. They place me on the pill which controlled it. I gained 100 pounds on the pill and last year i took myself off it. Bad mistake. My period is out of wack again. It is now going since last November and we cant get it to stop. I went back on the pill but it isnt making a difference. It just keep getting heavier. I am back to the doctor this week, we will see what they say.

It is hard. I am always tired and feeling sick. I have no energy and most the time cant tell if i am up or down. my emotions swings from one extreme to the other. Its not something you can explain to people. I feel as if i am alone in this. My family expect me to be normal, and that is the farthest from what i feel. They thinks its just my period no big deal. they dont get that it affects everything. It takes everything i got and more just to get through the day. All i want to do is just sleep.
My gf is 16 she has a lump on her right breast and her period has been going for about 3 weeks,Any ideas?I'm really scared of losing her
Im 18 years old and have been haveing my period for a month now, Iv been really skeptical of going to the doctor because it feels like its almost going to stop, but the next day I check my pad and it is full, I usually have really irregular periods, like Ill get it really heavy for one month but I wont have it for several months after that, this is the second month that my periods been going for more then 3 weeks, Iv recently started working out so maybe that might have somthing to do with it, can someone please help me.
hello, i'm 15 years old. i started my period when i was about 12. ever since then i have had very heavy periods. this consirned me so i went to the doctor and they said that heavy periods were normal but that my body was loosing so much iron that i needed to start taking iron pills. i have been on them till this day but baout a month ago i started again and i knew it was unusual becasue i had been on my period 2 weeks before. but i thought it was just going to be a short period well it will be 4 weeks this saturday. i'm have been reading all these and i getting really worried. i'm supposed to be going to the gyno sometime this week, but i also am a big girl and i really don'e want to gain 100+ pounds from being on birth control. it really ***** becasue i don't want to have this problem when i'm so young...i'm worried about being able to have kids and everything...if anyone can help me please...i'm listening
I went through the same thing last year. I'm 21. I've had my period since I was 11, but it has always been irregular. I would get it for 3 months and then not get it for 3 and the cycle goes on.

Last year, I had my period on March and I didn't get the next one until September. I thought it would only last a week, like it always did and because the flow was lighter, but it didn't. I had a really heavy flow, way heavier than my usual (1-2 pads per hour), with huge blood clots. It's like the pad would be soaked the moment I put it on, like I was just leaking blood/blood clots. This went on for another 3 weeks until I decided that it was too much. I was tired all the time. I was lethargic. I stayed in bed for days, only getting up when it was time to change the pad. I couldn't even get up without getting dizzy and having blurred vision. I lost too much blood.

I told me my mom about it and she took me to my primary physician. He suggested that we go to the ER to get a CBC and ultrasound stat. The results were normal except for my Hgb which was 6 and the ultrasound showed the I had some extra uterine lining (? - I think that's what it's called - the part you shed when you get you period).

I was diagnosed with PCOS, based on symptoms. I was put on BCP to regulate my period. I know there's a risk for weight gain, but I still weigh under 100 lbs even after almost 1 year on BCP (yes, I eat a lot.) It worked for me. I've been getting my period regularly and with a moderate flow until now. I was suppose to get my period on Monday/Tuesday, but I still haven't gotten it. It's making me worried because ever since the pill, I've always been on target. I get it Monday/Tuesday after I start the placebo. It's already Wednesday and I still haven't gotten it and I'm scared that history would repeat itself.

Rae: I know you posted this a year ago, but I just want to know how yours was managed. I don't want to be on the pill forever. I have plans to have children, although I hear it's quite hard with PCOS.

Beauti5: My gynecologist told me that I would probably only need to take the pill for a year, just to regulate my period. I'm suppose to go see her in a month. You said that everything went back to how it was before the pill when you stopped. Do you know why?Did you find an alternative for it? I don't want to feel the same way I did last year, but at the same time, how long would I have to keep taking the pills. For now, it's okay, but what if I want to start my own family?
    I'm 21 now and have my had my period non stop for ten years, ever since the day I got it.
    The old gynecologist I went to years ago, put me on medroxyprogesterone, apparently I had been prescribed to high a dosage which caused me to faint, and I do not care to try it again.
     Yet this put aside, I know many other people on this medroxyprogesterone prescription and it does works wonders for them.
    I was recently told through a friend that there is a herbal vitamen called "chasteberry" seed extract that can be found in vitamin shoppe, it helps to regulate your hormones. I started taking that along with iron pills and did manage to get my period to stop!  I took  these two pills and did stop my period with no side effects.  And no  fainting occurred!   I continue to take the iron pills daily, however I stop taking the chasteberry when my period stops though continue to take the iron. So now whenever my period wont start or is continuous I will start up the chasteberry again.

Check it out ladies!
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050901/821.html
I am 25 and currently on day 8 or so of a period. Yesterday I did feel fatigue and cramps but today I feel fine. Aside from that I have no pain and the bleeding, while red, is very light. Only one pad a day. There doesn't seem to be any blood clots that pass either. When I started this cycle I did have a very bad cold, I'm not sure that's related though since everyone in my household got the same cold. The blood was a bright red for a while but now seems to be dark again.

I have no history of sexual activity. Will this resolve itself? It may not be a hindrance on my life much but it IS annoying.
I also am having problems with my period! I have had mine for going on 10 weeks! I am 28 and have had my tubes tied two yrs ago. I dont know if I should be worried or what. I have a doct app next week but wonder if I shouldnt wait and go to the hospital
i Started my period the last week of September, Peiod was normal (as I always get very hrtfull cluts of it... and alot of pain..!) but ended after the regular 5 days and came back a couple day later. it has been almost a month now that i have had my period and My boyfriend id begining to worry.. I dont have Medical Ins. so I am sorta hoping it just goes away and goes back to normal. I have been feeling eatreamly tired and have had a headache most of the time to go with the bleeding.... I do feel very weak when I wake up in the morning ( have to be in bed for like an extra 20 min after I wake up just to feel up to Standing..). I am only 24 years old and am begining to get worried... What should I do?
i really think you should go to the doctor and ask them to check your iron levels.
this has happened to me about 1year and a half ago. i had my period for 5 months before i went to the doctor.
You're probally anemic because i was.
i'm 18 and when i was 17 that happened to me. I had my period for the regular 5 days then it came back a week later for 5 months! the tiredness and headaches is from the loss of blood. Most likely you are anemic. you should go to the doctor so they can check your iron leval. you might need a blood transfusion but you might not.
As for the stomach pain, not to worry you, i also had an ovarian cyst growing in my abdomen that could be the case for you but i'm not a doctor. i'd suggest you go get checked out insurance or not because i almost died and that would be terrible to happen to you.
--- UPDATE---

To All that is experiencing absent periods, irregular periods, heavy periods, Non Stop Periods, etc. My daughter has had her period for over 6 months now, straight. She has gone to her regular OBGYN and he has did a pap, and an internal and exteranal ultrasound. Her test came back negative. He said this appears to be a "HORMONAL' matter and recommended her going to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist  Specialist.

Because of her symptoms, she has the following: Long Heavy Periods, Anxiety, Acne, headaches,unusual hair growth, excessive weight gain, and even depression.

We saw the specialist today, and she is going for extensive blood work tomorrow and then a biopsy on her uterus on Tuesday.

I will keep everyone posted.... In the meantime, Please don't wait another minute to find help, ONLY YOUR DOCTOR can help you. If you are experiencing any of these systems make arrangements with your OBGYN or DOCTOR, and let him/her know what is going on.

Take care all!
hello .. I'm 35 years old .it is my first time to be on ORTHO CYCLEN BCP.. 28..  ..I did start them on Nov.2.09 then of course on my inactive pills on the 3rd one started my real flow period  it is alittle bit heavy and also passed on the 3rd day of the PERIOD a large as a ping pong ball blood clot with white fiber or fat or something don't know what it is . today is my 4th day of period and last day of inactive pills.. and NO SIGN AT ALL FOR THE PERIOD TO STOP ..can any one help ?????
I'm almost 16 I've been on my period for 2 months straight. It's been heavy the whole way through... I've also been extremely depressed and tend to get extremely light headed to the point i pass out when i stand up, the doctors say my bloods fine other then the fact im border line anemic, i have to go to a nurologist (dont know if thats spelled right) soon. but something isn't right? is this normal?
Looking through this, it seems that the pill is used to solve this problem. But I'm on the pill and it's happening to me! It's been over a week now and I have NEVER had a period for longer than 5 days before. Any ideas?
Artemis I'm the same as you.

I'm 26, and have been on the pill with perfect short periods that come like clockwork for the past 7 years. However I am now into my 3rd week of my period which is so heavy i must go to the toilet every hour or so and I have huge clots. I'm so tired and just want it to stop and am worried as the pill seems to be the answer for so many but i'm on the pill. The doctor is telling me to just wait it out.
I'm 46 years old and my period has been extremely heavy for about 6 years now but just in the last month i got my period and it never went away. I have no insurance so im not going to the doctor any suggestions.
I am 19 years old and i have been on the birth control pill YAZ for about 2 years now and this month a have a problem i am concerned about! In the middle of my pack i randomly started my period VERY HEAVY!!! It has been going for about 6 days now. The only reason this concerns me is because on YAZ you only have a 4 day period every month and mine have always been very light. I am a little scared! PLEASE HELP.... ST3PH
to: everyone and C0ncernedM0m

you know, i started having a lot these same problems and it started around mid/late october and has gotten worse. i finally went to a doctor and they are doing tests. i have no idea what it could be. i am on the pill. there is a possibility that i might need a higher level of estrogen pill, so we are keeping that open as a possibility. she said that usually when you have continuous bleeding it is just called breakthrough bleeding. even if it is really heavy like a period, if it is between your regular time of the month it is still technically considered breakthrough bleeding. when this is the case, it usually means that you are not producing enough estrogen. it can also sometimes be a sign of an std or infection. there is also the possibility of cysts and fibroids and endometriosis. the reason my doctor believe we should rule out fibroids is because of my age and the fact that i had a normal appearing ultrasound a year and a half ago which would have shown the start of some kind of growth. she felt around and didn't sense any cyst and no visibility of polyps. i am waiting for my pap result to rule out any cancerous growth or infection. i am pretty sure it is not an infection or std because i've been tested regularly and have been with only one partner within the last and a half. my doctor did say that it sounded like a hormonal problem. i have had back pain though the pain seems to be exterior not interior. not sure. i also don't appear to be pregnant because i am getting my periods and according to my examination my uterus is empty. i did miss a couple pills back in october but i followed the directions and doubled up.

I specifically am replying to  C0ncernedM0m's post because her symptoms sounded exactly like some of the weird symptoms i have been having. what stinks is that nobody really accepts this. they pass it off like i'm just going through a phase like pms or something, when acne and stuff aren't just pesky annoyances at my age. they are absolutely crippling to my life. you can't work professionally if your face looks like you are in your first year of high school! not only that, anxiety and excessive facial hair growth. my brows used to be normal and grow normal and all of a sudden they started growing so fast it was crazy. i almost gave up on them and they grew down to my eyelids. then i would go crazy with the tweezers and they would look too thin and i would tell someone about it and they would think i was crazy. they'd be like, "well maybe you are plucking them too much, they look pretty thin now." well of course they are thin NOW but if i let them go they go insane. i can't keep them at a normal thickness because then they grow  in fast and look huge. i have to pluck them thin so i can take at least a week break before have to hassling with them again. i have had weight loss and gain. i've had headaches and gas and all sorts of crap.

it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the hormones being used in these pills or if there is something we are all being exposed to. have any of u guys used tanning beds?
Hi. My periods have always lasted 7 days until I started taking yaz. When I began Yaz my period lasted a month before I went to the doctor. They gave me some extra estragen pills to take with the Yaz. However my period persisted onto 2 months before the doctor took me off of the yaz and estragen. My periods returned to normal but I was never given an answer as to why me period lasted that long.I just recently had to go to the hospital for back pain. I found out the pain was due to a urinary tract infection that turned into a kidney infection. However I had no signs of a urinary tract infection in the previos months. I still have no answer as to whether the Yaz and the infection are connected or as to the cause of either.
yeah my lady has the same problem ,  she is in her late 30s this has never been a issue , till just a couple of months her irregularity started we are worried will go see a gynecologist soon
im only 17 years old. and i have been having the same problem with the birth control shot.ive been nonstop bleeding for a few weeks now. ive read the other stories and problems numerous women have been having on the same topic. thank you for enlightening me about the situation. i am probably not going to take the shot again!
i started my normal period on the 29th january 2010 and it lasted the usual 5-6 days that i expected to and i stopped bleeding. next day i was back on again and have now been on-off for about a week. could this be because of a hormone imbalance or a clot being dislodged through sex thats making come on and off all the time?
My period started to go haywire early 2006, non stop period made me go to the family doc and she put me on some light birth control pills. She said it maybe stress related (was getting married that time). It got back into a normal schedule with those pills.
The next year 2007, it started again and I tried the women to women supplements, it got under control.
2008 was normal and then 2009 August it started up again and would not quit. I tried the women to women supplement again but this time it wasn't working. I booked my appointment and went in to see a gynocologist for the first time last month (at age 34). I got checked out by her, then was scheduled to get the ultrasound done. The results she told me was that they suspect it is Adenomyosis, where lining in the uterus has invaded the wall of uterus. She said it is not cancerous, and I can either wait it out and see, or go on birth control pills. I was told that it was a very common thing in women, and it probably was due to stress.
I really did not want to start the pill thing, but opted for it still, I would try a couple of months with the pill then get off it and switch back to the women to women to regulate estrogen and progesterone. I got Yaz and have been taking it for 4 days now, the period is very light to nothing now, I think it will fully stop soon.
Will try to keep you updated, I know this is not an easy thing to deal with a non stop period.
ps: Doc was sure I would not have normal blood from the blood test, but I did. I took an iron supplement while bleeding constantly.
Me again, I believe yaz is really making my stomach feel ill. The nauseous feeling is too much and I think I am going to stop yaz, there must be something else to help.
i had a baby november 23 and about a week after i got out the bleeding stoped then one day i had 2 blood clots. but after that nothing now i have started my period about 3 weeks ago and it still has not stoped. i have not gone to the doctor yet. should i make a appt. or just go to emargeny room. i am sllepy all the time and i keep geting headach what should i do
I'd say go check with your doctor.
I have been having the same problem. My doctor says its cause of my medicines im on.
i never had period more than a month but now its happen. im only 23. on this february, i got 1 month of period but some heavy n light period. the heavy period is one week. then its happen again in march after 1 week off without period. until now it didnt stop...same (light n heavy period one week)...im going to see a doctor tomorrow & i hope everything ok...
im 22 yrs old...  I started my period on April 4th, i was a few days late... by the 8th day of non stop bleeding, I made an appt with my OB/GYN. I had made the appointment for a week later...once the bleeding got worse and didnt stop i called back, and made an appt for that same day. I wear tampons and the day I went to the doctor a HUGE clot came out stuck on the tampon. it was gross...and kinda freaked me out...i went to the doctor, let her know what had happened hours before and she did her thing with the test and said everything looked ok. Set me up to have some blood work done and I get those results in about 2 weeks, she set me up on a different kind of birth control pill that includes an iron pill the week im suppose to start my period. After the doctor (and the clot) the bleeding stopped...so I thought it was the clot causing the bleeding....This morning I wake up and im bleeding again, but its dark brownish...needless to say im freaking out.... its my 13th day in this situation....
i seem to have the same problem. i'm only 16 years old and my period won't stop. This past summer i had my period through the beginning of july to the middle of august. i dont know how much longer it would of lasted because my doctor put me on the pill to stop it. then they took me off and i was regular for a couple months. but i noticed every month it got longer and longer. its been 4 weeks now and i don't know what to do. the older comments said weight and age was part of it. but im only 4 ft. 10in. and about 100lbs. im not big at all. im a very active person but now im really tired, pale, and i will go a week and not eat anything and then ill be really hungry and cant stop eating. can anyone please help me.
Girls, I have been on birth control for 33 years.  I had my first period at age 11 and it would not stop, huge bleeding and huge clots and I was anemic by the time I went to the doctor.  I am 44 now.  Prayed I would get pregnant fast when I wanted to have children and thankfully I did (because I new it was just a matter of time when I would need the BCP).  I have two boys.  I went off BCP about 8 months ago just to see what would happen, it is doing what it always does.  It starts normal for about 4 months (coming and going) and then it gets further and further apart and that is where I am now.  Just started my period today with cramps (not use to having that with the pill).  I know one of these times it is not going to stop, just like the other times I tried.  I know you probably don't want to hear that, but that is reality.  Birth control for life.  No one has ever told me what is wrong.  Now, they are going to blame it on menopause.  

I'm a 31 year old Australian woman and I've been on the Microgynon Oral Contraceptive pill for nearly 8 years now. I'm also on duloxetine for depression -- which I've only been on for a few months and sodium valproate for epilepsy -- which I've been on for 15 years.
I finished my last strip of the contraceptive pill nearly 2 weeks ago and had my normal period last week, however, earlier this week, I started a new strip of the hormone pills and my period has not stopped. It's quite heavy and it's now the middle of the week. I'm getting a few cramps too. I've never had this before whilst on the pill, but I had it once or twice as a teenager. I've been checked for endometriosis, cysts and PCOS and all of the tests came back normal. I'm a bit worried about this because I've never had this before. I know I'm not pregnant because I split from my husband late last year and haven't had sex for ages now.
Hi, I am 14 and i am having the same problem i think it might be because i didn't have my period for 2 months straight so i think that it is catching up. but it seemed okay the first week because it went for 8 days then stopped but then two days later it came back. What should i do? Is it something i should be worrying about today is the 4 day after the 2 day break.
Hi, im 15 and I have been on my period for 1 year now. I have gotten it everyday nonstop with heavy bleeding and clotting. It got so bad that i was going through 5 pads an hour. I went to the doc and had every blood test they could think of and they couldnt see anything wrong. I am going in soon to have an ultrasound. They put me on the pill about 1-2 months ago but once they lowered my dosage everything went back to the way it was with the bleeding. THey told me its just my body evening out and it will probably last like this. I really dont know what to think because i have been having to stay home from school and ive been getting terrible stomach aches and fatique. I totally feel for all u going through the same thing.
Well I've read all the comments and stories here. I'm overweight and 27 years old. My periods have always been off. Usually last 7 days like clock work. The 3rd day is always terrible and the 6th and 7th day are very light.  This last period I had was BAD. Large clots and heavy heavy bleeding. Terrible cramping. It finally stopped after 8 days. Literally 7 days later I started AGAIN. Light cramping the first day and a light 1 pad a day period since. It's been the same for NINE days. Oh God I just want it to stop now. Everyone at work was on last week too. I was hoping that was it but I've been away from them for 4 days now and there are NO SIGNS of stopping. I'm really sick of this and I DO NOT want to go on bcp or shots. WTH is wrong with me?? I have NEVER had a period over 7 days let alone 2 in a month.  I'm overweight but lost 40 lbs last year and I'm down 10 more in the last month. Oh also my dr. just started me on adderall a month ago for ADHD -- think this might have anything to do with it???
I think I am having a similar problem. Im 19 years old and have been using ortho evra patches since i was 15. I stopped using the patch because of health insurance reasons and my period has been on the haywire since. At first it didnt come for a couple of months but when it did come it lasted for a week and a half. Then it finally went away for a week and then the next week I had light bleeding. This is where I became worried because one day the bleeding would be light like it was ending and then the next day it would be heavy and then clotting would occur. Im starting to think maybe i need to go back on birth control because its starting to scare me alot. What should I do ???
I just read everyone's comments and I feel a little bit better knowing that I'm not alone. I'm 22, I've been on my period for about 3 months now, it's been pretty crazy. During the first nonstop month, I was pretty tired all the time, feeling either very sad or very angry and wanting everyone to go away, and my eating habits were out of control. Now, aside from the nonstop period, I'm back to my normal self. I'm happy and don't really get moody, I have a normal amount of energy and don't get tired easily, and I eat fairly normal. I'm overweight as it is, and I feel that could play a role with this situation, or it could be from my low iron which I've always had, or even an STD, who knows.

I'm going to the doctor next week, and I honestly REFUSE to simply be given birth control pills. Some doctors think that is a quick fix, but what happens when I some day want to have children? I need answers. My friend has suggested I get hormonal tests done, maybe see if there's some sort of imbalance, which I'll most likely do. I'm not getting on birth control without finding out what the problem is first.

I'll for sure keep you all updated. More than anything, I want answers for what we've been experiencing, rather than just constantly being given medication. I feel for you all, I hope we can overcome this.
im 22 also  im having the same problem i started my period last week and today is the 10th day straight!!!! I called my aunt who's an RN and she informed me that I have a family history of fibroid tumors and that could be th cause!!!  I have a dr appointment on monday and i think im also going to refuse the pill!!! because im also overweight
Hi all, I'm 21, 5'7", clinically obese, never been sexually active, no inherited diseases, no birth control or depo or pills.

Mine started June 21st and is still going. The first week went as it should, solid bleeding with minor clots, then the 7th day was like that weird off-colored brownish drainage as usual and it stopped. Then the drainage continued the next day and HAS been continuing for several days but now in the amount of a light period.

HOWEVER

If I use a tampon, it stops entirely within hours going from drainage to a complete halt. As soon as it is removed, within one hour it returns with a fury and is bloody. Use a pad and it becomes brown drainage again.

Now when there IS actual blood, it varies into very bright thin red instead of the usual dark menstrual blood I'm used to. Hardly any clots, no cramps, no pain.

My mom immediately reasoned it was my being overweight, but not just overweight, but the malnutrition. I'll be taking steps in better nutrition to see how that helps. Can't afford to go to a doctor and never had a gyno. so... we'll see what happens.

I'll do what most of you did in the meantime and just cross my fingers and hope it stops.
this is so freaking scary! there are are so many of us and it seems like the doctors are clueless.  i am going to try the diet that someone posted.  in february i cut out processed sugar, and for three months my period came normal(for the first time in my life, while not on medicine) and i lost 30lbs.
I guess i have evened out now and i have had it for three weeks.  so there has got to be something to the food, and the weight.  
i'll post again if this works for me.

good luck ladies
I am 24 and I have the same problem. My period never stops until I take birth control pills. I had every test under the sun but everything seems to be normal. There is no cyst or fibroids, my thyroid is normal, only due to this endless bleeding my blood count has got lower than normal. The doctors has no clue and put me on birth control pills.
I didn't wanted to use birth control pills anymore. So I tried many other options but nothing seem to work. Then I went to an acupuncturist. I am still going for sessions there and I am doing well. After two sessions the bleeding almost stopped. They asked me to try 10 sessions of acupuncture, my 10th will be over this friday. I will keep you posted if this cures me completely.  
help im 12 i just started and i havent stoped since july 19th.
I stopped using Yaz to control period because my stomach felt ill and by the 3rd month of using yaz (not strictly), my period was still winning the battle.
I did some research online and saw that women got result with Chase Berry. I used it and period stopped within 2 days, stopped taking it after three weeks hoping that my period would come as usual.
I was so glad that it came the next week and stopped after 7 days without any pills.
Bought another bottle to keep incase my period went out of whack again, so far haven't had to use it. Have had another period free month and period started after 30 something days yesterday, I am pretty confident it will stop again within a week.
The brand I got is Solaray Vitex chaste berry extract capsules. There is a warning to not use this if pregnant.
Pravi
Have you tried taking the pill and taking antibiotics at the same time to increase likelyhood of getting pregnant?
I've gone through this many times before.  In highschool and in college.  I'd sleep all the time due to the large amount of blood loss. I was anemic and could not stay up while driving or doing desk work. It affected my memory and grades in school (anemia-Low Iron due to blood loss).  

Gyno History:
I went to the gyno when I was 20 and told her about my family history. Based on that she said I had PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome). It normally causes women to not have their periods, but suggested it could cause me not to stop.  signs of PCOS (lots of hair growth everywhere, weight problems, irregular periods).  I am now 23 and I went to another Gyno who told me she'd never think of it being PCOS and it probably Fibrosis and in fact during pelvic examination she did feel a tiny hard bump.  Now I have no clue what any of this means for fibrosis or if I even remembered the name right.

Med History:
I went on Birth control.  The GYNO rebooted my system by telling me to take 3 all at once next day 2 next 1 and so on.  My period ended!!  I was really excited but I gained lots of weight due to a change in diet/excersise and bc.  I thought all was good after a year of taking bc.  I went off of it because I disliked it.  With in 3 months my periods were getting off wack again.  I went back on BC to make it better.  It became normal again.  I lost my medical insurance and could no longer get my Nuva Ring (my fav BC by far).   My periods went irregular again.  I am now on a cheap BC from walmart.  I still have to see if it is working.  Not all BC helps control the situation.  My first BC caused me to hemorrhage and have crazy mood swings.

Suggestion:
Find a BC that will help end your period.  Eat healthier and Exercise!  Fat retains extra hormones that can throw your body out of wack as well.  It will help you with your depression making you feel energized and alive, It will also help your body rid toxins. As much as I hate running around with the pill, it is freeing not to worry about blood levels and periods.  Fixing the bleeding should be the number one concern at this moment.  After that is fixed then focus on why.  I'm still trying to figure that one out, but at least I can remember things, drive safely and graduate from college!!
I am 25 and i have been having abnormal periods for a couple of years now. Each time my period comes on i would have these huge blood clots discharged everytime and afterwhile it was ok because they didn't come everytime i got my cycle. Now that i am sexually active i can't really tell when my period is coming on. Twice this has happened were afterward i have had sex i have had some bleeding like my period is coming. Now it's started and its been on for almost two weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do? I figured i should just wait it out and see what happens but now its starting to scare me because ive never had this happen to me before. Please help!
im 17 and have been on the depo but the whole 3years i was on it i never got my period i have been off it since march and is now november and ive had my period non stop and im always in pain
Hey im 20, almost 21. I started my period Nov 6. And its stilling on as of the Nov 23. My period starts off light but then gets heavy. But thats normal each mouth. When it comes oon it last about 5 days. This week i got really bad cramps. But before i didnt have any cramps. It would get heavy they light then heavy again. I feel weak and tired. I am overwieght. But I was thinking this problem comes from began overwieght. I do have low iron and low blood. What should I do??????
Have any of you ever tried natural progesterone cream (not wild yam)? Had your hormones tested with saliva?
I Am 14 Been On my Period For A Year Now. About 5 Months Ago, I Was On My Period And It Was Really Heavy With Massive Blood Clots, But It Only Lasted 4 Days. Now Am On Again, The Beginning Of My Period Was As Usual. Then I Got A Cold. Now I Have Been On For 11 Days, And 5 Of Them Days I Have Had A Really Heavy Period Going Through 11 Pads A Day Or More. And Its Really Annoying Me Running To The Toilet Almost Every 30 Minuites :/, I Come On Heavier In The Night Sinking Through A Ultra Pad Through My Clothes And On To My Bed. Really Embarrassing. What Should I Do?
I Turned 35 years old in August of 2010. I started my period the last week of July 2010. It never stopped, here it is January of 2011 and Ive been on my period for a straight 5 months, going on 6. Im so sick of tampons and pads. I don't have insurance, therefore I can't afford to see a doctor..... and I am not on the pill, havent been on a pill in over 10 years. I am slightly overweight.......and I am sick and tired of being on my period. I pray sometimes at  night for it to end. It's not really heavy, and I dont have a lot of cramps, but it's here, every single day. I saw some post about taking some chasteberry??? Im going to go to the local vitamin shop and see if I can't find this. Id try a diet but I know I wouldnt stick to it. I'll post back here in a few months let yall know if that berry thing really worked. Wish me luck, and thanks to all who have posted... .I have been scared....and it's nice to know I am not alone.
so mine relates to bits and peices of lots of women on here.

My period was 2 weeks early, I had actually just finished it like a week before. And then it started and I had it for about a week and 3 days (mine normally last for like 4 days) and then my period stopped and I was so excited. But it only stopped for like one day and now its heavier then ever. I'm going on the 3rd  day of the second round and am freaking out. This has never happened to me.

Everyone says that if you go on the pill it will control it but I can't go on the pill because I have epilepsy. The pill cancels out my epilepsy meds and my epilepsy meds cancel out the pill so I'm pretty much just taking weight gain pills and thats stupid.

I am so scared.
I did try progesterone cream together with women to women essential supplements. It did help, but can't say it if was the cream or supplements or the combination. Never had a hormone test done. Did take chasteberry and it helped alot so far.
I tried the chasteberry and got results, did you try it as yet?
I completely understand what you're going through.  For the last couple of years, I have had "periods" that last forever!!  I even had one that lasted 3 MONTHS!!  I seem to bleed more than I don't.  I've had 2 miscarriages in the last couple of years and are wondering if this has anything to do with it. In 2007 I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).  My hormones are completely out of whack (my doctor did blood tests and I have twice as many male hormones in my system than what is normal). I am also very overweight so this may have something to do with it.  Have you had any blood tests to test your hormone levels?  Good Luck with everything.  
i'm only thirteen and my period just won't stop. last week it stopped but there was spotting. i've had mine since like september of 2009 and i'm embarassed to go to the doctor. i can't take it anymore sometimes it stop or fades. it doesn't hurt that much either. it gets really heavy sometimes though. i'm thinking about tellin my mom this week. (i know its rediculous how i didnt tell her) i'm scared about what everyones sayingg. i want to have children in the future andim really scared i just want it to stop. now. what should i do pleaseeeee help.
I have been having really irregular periods since august 2010. I have been traveling a lot, so it might be the time differences, but last fall I had my period for 3 months!!! It wasn't heavy, it was mostly spotting and a little blood here and there, but it was enough to make me have to wear tampons all of the time.
when I went home for christmas, I consulted with my doctor (of course then it had stopped) and he said that it was nothing to worry about. But, that's not what concerns me, I don't want to have my period all of the time!
Now that I've traveled across the world again I have the same problem. I've had my period for two weeks now and I don't want to have it for the next three months. Any suggestions?
I've been on the pill since I was 16, because of menstrual cramps and acne, I'm 20 now. The pills have always worked for me, and I've always been regular. But it's been irregular since August 2010. What should I do?
I have had irregular periods ever since it started when I was 12. I was in Greece back then and of course they put me on the pill when I developed anemia from all the blood loss. It was the only thing that could stop the spotting and sometimes bleeding. Years later we moved to the US. Seven more years in the US I was going from doctor to doctor and all they did was prescribe a different birth control pill. They would say it was something I would grow out of and it was common in teenagers. I started developing cysts and had two surgeries, I found out that the birth control pills could have helped a great deal with that. When I was 24 I went to Bulgaria for vacation and also because I was told of a doctor that only worked with herbs and was known to cure all kinds of illnesses with tea!!!!

I was very precautions in the beginning. I made an appointment he saw me. I was so desperate at the point that I was going to try anything. What I didn't know is that the doctor was very old. The room he took me in was barely lit. He would examine me with energy he said and at that point I already knew there was not going to be any help from him. He didn't touch me once and I was not asked to undress for an examination as it is accustomed here. By the time he was done I was crying. He told everything that was wrong with me by just by running his hands in the air over me. Next thing he said was to throw away the birth control pills and never ever ever take them again. They control your period hormonally and they do not do anything for the main cause. Most of the time the harm you more then help you.

He prescribed me 2 types of teas that he had huge bags of in his office in a little storage room. 1 tea I was for general health of a woman to take everyday for 6 month the other I was to take only when  period exceeded 8 day and stop taking it as soon as the bleeding stops.
I started both immediately since I have had my period/spotting for more then 8 days, it was more like a month. On the fourth day my period stopped. It did not start again until 28 days to the hour later. And this time it came without spotting just blood. Lasted 5 days and ended. PERIOD. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world. I am writing this 3 years later. Ever since that vacation I have not had a single irregular period.

The health tea I don't know what he puts in as he mentioned the herbs but I did not memorize. The second to stop the bleeding has only one herb and it was so common I was furious. Mad that doctors here watched me suffer for all these years. Put me under two surgeries for nothing and sucked out thousands of dollars from me. One surgery ended up costing over $30,000.  

Mix two tablespoons of dried shepherd's purse with one cup of hot water and let steep for five minutes. Drink the shepherd's purse tea if lady's mantle and garden sage have not worked for you. Shepherd's purse is a powerful anti-hemorrhagic herb. It can stop bleeding when other herbs have failed.

Read more: How to Stop Menstrual Bleeding With Herbs | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4420979_stop-menstrual-bleeding-herbs.html#ixzz1EQy5xQmx
i was on depo, im 19. i have been on it for about three years. never really had my period on it i spotted a little but nothing major. i have these weird scars that indent on my stomach from the shot. the doctor thinks there stretch marks but i know there not because it is the same spots where they were giving me the shot plus they indent. i got off the shot early October i want to say and i havent gotten my period. my doctor gave me medicine twice that is supposed to bring your period and both of them havent worked. she checked my hormone levels to see if they were irregular but she said there fine. i took like 8 pregnancy tests to see if i was pregnant they all say im not. any ideas??
hi , im 14 & have been on my period since i was11,i recently stopped my period...about last friday...there was nothing abnormal about it either. well over the weekend i was sexualy active & i felt fine afterwords. Except i was sexually active monday, i just started bleeding this morning...and i am no longer a virgin.i lost my virginity on Oct. 1. so tht type of bleeding is done. but im very confused my periods usually last 4-5 days & since nothing was abnormal about the last one, i have no reason to think it would come back.
this it the first time this has happened& im very confused...help?
-Sabrina
My name is Lea and I have had my period for about 3 months on and off
sometimes it last longer than that! I dont know why. It started about a year ago.
Im only 21 years old and It scares me that this could be something very BAD
I'll be honest, I dont enjoy sex anymore cause it scares me that i'll bleed again. When i get stressed. I bleed again, and when i get aroused, I BLEED AGAIN!!!!
what the hell is happening to me? I scares me. I dont have kids, havent had surgery, and im over weight, type 2 diabetes, with hypo thyroid

I feel fatigued all the time, sometimes i feel like throwing up if i dont eat after a certain ammount of time, and ill i want to do is just sleep, stay in the dark, and feel dizzy sometimes. I NEED HELP!
WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!?
My daughter is 12.  She has had a non stop period now for 5 weeks.  She has taken bc pills for a month.  As soon as she started the bc pills the bleeding became worse.  The doc had her taper them, 4 pills one day, next day 3 and so on.  This was last week.  Nothing changed!  Now she is on a higher dose doing the taper down again.  Still no change and tomorrow she goes to 1 pill.  She has missed 3 weeks of school over this and I am growing very concerned.  We are now waiting to see if her blood test indicate some type of Von Willibrands.  My older daughter has been diagnosed for this so I am almost positive that my 12 year old has it.  I have read all the posts so far and I am wondering if any of you have been tested for it?  It is not a routine test.  Your doctor needs to request it.  
hello . M having da same problm. M having ma periods for a month n it wudnt stop. Its v annoying. Though its nt dat heavy but m realy tired of it. I tired sm pils bt dey didnt wrk. I hv been to DR yestrday. N had ultrasound, she said thre is nthing to worry abt n gv me meds to take for 3 months. M v tensed. Dun knw if it wil stop or wont :( plz help
Can you please tell me whats depo shot?
i don think i am pregnant, i have had light vaginal bleeding for the past 11 days, this is very unusual, my period is not usually heavy, it just flows really heavy on a morning, like when i wake up on a morning its not really blood but like "tissue" basically, every month, i am 21 years old, spoke to my mom about it she said that its anemia she suffered from the same thing, i need to go see my doctor but i need to know if anyone has experienced this before, please let me know
i have recently gotten the Mirena IUD and about a week later i got my period on the date as expected. But its lasted fore 2 weeks and its stil going, I've been having really bad cramping inmy pelvic area and in my lower back. and the bleeding hasnt stopped its been constanly heavy. I've tried to lay down with my feet up so it will slow down but the minute i stand it'll gush alot and more so when i go to the rest room. I went to see tue doctor & got an ultra sound along with blood tests but I wont be able to find out the results until next week. I'm hoping someone could give some kingd of idea of what to expect I'm really worried
i'm fifteen years old and have been on my period for almost five weeks. this happened to me about the same time last year when it became abnormal and then wouldnt stop. I went to the gyno. and they gave me some medicine saying i had a hormone backed up in my system and so i took the pill, it completely stopped my period and then i had a VERY HEAVY one the following week. Things were normal for almost a year until i didnt have my period two months in a row and now have been on it for five weeks straight. It wont stop and is driving me crazy! any suggestions on what might be causing this?
I am 26 and i had a miscarrige three months ago. I have be bleeding off and on the hole time. Now it has been 2 weeks stright. What schould I do?
I am 19. When I was 14 or so I got a period that didn't go away. I didn't think anything of it and didn't tell my parents what was happening. It was really heavy. Before I knew it, I had my period for 6 months. I was pale and fainting. I went to the ER and had to get 3 bags of blood put into me. I nearly died.
Go to your doctor, don't be silly.
I had my period of April the 21st and started depo. My period lasts for 4days. I started the depo when my period came and depo some what stopped like your getting of your period and Now Agin I'm Having my period Again I was better off not doing depo maybe but I hate having my period every month it wouldn't happen if I didn't have them shots. Im 19 years old...and I would like to have Sex with My Man hell... I hope some one have an answer thanks
I'm 21 year's old and i've been on depo since Oct 24th but they said it should stop your period but i've been on my since Oct and the pain is getting worst ..... I can't walk , go out with my friend's and i can't even be held by my boyfriend because the pain is that bad ... It goes to my legs and sometimes the pain gets that bad i can't breath ... What should i do ?
Hi, Im 17 and my period has been going on for 9 days. I began the depo shot in April of 2011 and i get my next one in july. it made my period late but now instead of my usual 5 day period it keeps going.it was heavy at first like normal and then kept getting lighter and now its just a really light flow. im hoping it will get so light it just goes away.is there anything i can do to stop it? i keep seeing people posting i should take iron supplements. WHAT DO I DO??
I'm 14 and my period started a month ago, up until now its still going,  I'm so scared, maybe i wont have kids. I've been so weak lately, could it be lack of iron or something? Cuz i dont drink milk. I'm so scared i dont know what to do, i dont want to go to the doctors though because i dont want them to examine my private part, i didnt know it was this serious until i read about this. Oh please help me......i'm crying
I dont want to grow old without kids.

I am 31 I had my period for three days and it stopped. 6 days later I got it back and now it wont stop. It was heavy for the first couple of days and now it is light but it is still here and it has been a week already. this has never happend to me before. Any advise on what to do
Okay to every girl under 21, chances are nothing is wrong with you. Girl's bodies are still developing until you are 21-25 years old, and until your body is fully developed your hormones may be out of whack. This can cause an elongated cycle. The easiest solution is to do what you can to balance your hormones, watch your diet, many are helped by being on birth control. Just keep in mind that women burn a lot of calories while on their period and lose a lot of iron. so take some vitamins to help your body and be sure you are eating plenty of calories every day. I know it can be stressful, but if it's just a hormone issue it will go away eventually. I suffer from this problem as well, i can also assure you that it has nothing to do with weather or not you can get pregnant. My mom also had this problem until she got pregnant and had my older brother, having a child actually corrected her hormones.I was diagnosed by a doctor and prescribed the pill. some doctors catch it, others don't, but it usually a self-manageable problem!
HI I AM ONLY 14 AND I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM...MY PERIOD WNT STOP! I HAD A NORMAL PERIOD IN MARCH THEN I TRIED TO USE A TAMPON INSTEAD OF A PAD AND IT HURT REALLY BAD! and i wasnt even on my period i just wanted to try it and afterwards i think i had popped my cherry so.....i didnt get my period in april i got it in may and nowit wont stop! what do i do??
What does it mean when a women will not stop bleeding after her period ?
I have been having my period for about 11 days. It is really light, no heavy bleeding, no clots, more like the tail end of a period at all times. I am on ortho tricyclin pills. I know to skip a period, instead of going to the inactive pills, you can start a new pack. Well, I did that. And I skipped my period, but just got it a week later instead, while I was still taking my active pills. But it's really light. I skipped my inactive pills again, so I started a new pack today.
Is my period going to stop? Should I have just stopped the pills? I didn't really want to stop as I have male company coming over this week.
My cycle has also lasted for longer than usual. Almost a month. The amount of bleeding has changed but it has not stoped I'm 22 and don't feel anymore tired than what I usually do. What could be wrong?
Hey I am 24. I have been having similar problems with my period for over 10 years now. Sometimes I won't have a period for a whole year straight and other times I will have it three and four years straight. My bleeding had gotten so bad I had to wear adult diapers. The cramping is so bad that I can't sit up straight at times. I have been on countless birth controls, I have taken so many tests, I have even had a D&C done. None of this helped me and my doctor still has not been able to diagnose me with anything. I have even been treated for PCOS and that did not work. It is a miserable thing for any woman to have to go through. I just want a normal period, some answers, and a solution to the problem! I want to knw if I will ever b able to have children or even find a doctor that cares enough to get to the bottum of what is going on!
ok I am 21 yrs old and my period as well never stops. I can go months with it. Recently I have been taking birth control pills to control it but it does not work anymore it used to but now my period would not stop. 2 weeks ago I had my period for 50 days it went aways with birth control pills that I started taking, now its back on..I really dont know what to do anymore...Does anyone know maybe as to why this happends?? Thanks
im 15 and i started my period when i was 12 .it has never been normal for me i would skip about 6 months and then have a period for 3 weeks but now i am having periods 6-7 weeks straight .
does anyone know what i should do?

I've have a long history of strange periods that never act correctly. I'm 24 now, but when I was around 15-16 my period got really out of control.
I just stopped having them for a couple of weeks, then it would come for a few days. Then stop for a few more weeks and return for a bit. Then it stopped for a month or more. I wasn't sure what was wrong with me. Then one day I remember it just stopped and I didn't have it from 17-20/21. Yeah for about 4 yrs or more I was period free and now my period has recently returned for about a year.
But it hasn't really slowed down or stopped. I mean I always been a heavy bleeder so it ***** to have a constant cycle when you had no cycle. I've been to my doctor about this, but she tells me my hormone levels are out of sync. I have more testosterone then estrogen.
Plus I might need to loose some weight, but even then I still think it might be something else in combinations with these things.
I don't know what do you think?
i am 35 back in June of 08 I started bleeding after years of not having my periods. I bleed for 2 years. In September of last year I had a DNC done. i stopped bleeding then got normal periods. Now since Feb. I have been bleeding nonstop again. They say I have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) but I think there is more to it. I am afraid I will never have the family I want. What should I do? I have no medical coverage. Can someone please help?
I am 30 years old...My first time taking birth control ever was 3 months ago.  For the first two month (2 times when didn't use a condom) I took the morning after...which worked quite fine.  However because of its expense ($40) each time without condom, I decided to take the "shot" in July.  My period came 7 days ago and hasn't stopped.  It is not flowing hard - just light - but it doesn't seem to be changing.  This is the first time I had taken the shot.  The only birth control I had ever used prior to the the past three months was condoms  and my cycle was always on-time lasting the most 5 days.  Now with this "SHOT" it won't stop.  This is causing a prob because my partner wants to be intimate but I can't because of this.  

Do  anyone knows what to do to stop this flow.  I don't think I am going to take the "SHOT" again.  I think it is the reason.
i wish i only had a 3 week period i have been on my period for 7 months and i keep going to the doctors and they just tell me to rest theres nothing they can do because thy have never seen anything like it im only 21 and i have no children
i dont know why it wont stop but i feel like it killing me i almost did when i was 19 from it and they still did nothing until the very last minute when they told me i had a month to live
i hope you find out what wrong with you i would wish this on my worse enemy
Hi there sisters,

I highly advise finding a Chinese Doctor (ideally a woman who specializes in Women's health) Western doctors do not address the underlying cause of why your cycles are abnormal, they only try to put a band aid on them in the form of synthetic hormones. Traditional Chinese Medicine is thousands of years old and a good practitioner can take your pulses, look at your tongue and eyes and see what organs are out of balance and need re-balancing. It won't happen immediately but with ongoing acupuncture and herbs you can come back to normal. You can also try finding a Naturopath who specializes in fertility/endocrinology and can test your hormone levels and get to the cause of the imbalance. If you can afford it, I recommend the both. There are Traditional Chinese doctors in most major cities in the US and Europe so go find one.  And they don't charge as much as a western doctor, they can be affordable especially if you can find a Traditional Chinese Medicine school and be seen by students and the doctor at the same time. I have had the same problem as you and am on my way back to health.
There are also vitamins you can take such as a multi B vitamin, vitamin c, bioflavinoids, and beta-carotene which will help regulate your hormones. Also, Chlorophyll helps with vitamin K deficiencies which can cause bleeding like this.
Eat healthy whole foods, organic veggies, whole grains, fish and organic chicken. Lay off the red meat, dairy, cold foods, sugar and caffeine. Exercise regularly...even just a walk around the block every day. Stay relaxed...take baths, showers, naps, meditate, listen to music, deep breathe, do yoga. Your body is intelligent and will rebalance itself if given supportive conditions. Research "estrogen dominance" and take care of yourself. Without a healthy body, you can't do much. Love yourself and encourage your body to heal and rebalance. Good Luck
Hey with the depo shot it happened to me to, after the secondshot its usually better, but if it keeps persisting ask your doctor about prostigen tablets. my doctor put me on the to i guess dry me up..
But Ive been having the problems, i have had my period for over a month now, first it started out normal, kinda heavy then after a week i noticed something was odd, as it slowed right down and was a really light colour and it changed to a really vibrant red, ive been having really bad cramps to the point where i cant move its excruciating. It also stop for  a day then comes back the next or later in a day.  im a bout to make a doctors apointment but is there anything that i would need to ask them? other then what ive pretty much said?
hiii everyone,
i am 24 years old and i am not having my periods from last 10 months and i have gained lot of weight.i dnt know what did it happened please help me out.i am worried about my health
I have been on my period for two months now....I have been to the doctors and the ER and they ran test and everything came back normal and everything was fine....and its not like my period color is brown...its really RED and is medium heavy...I am overweight too so that might ha e something to do with it but i don't know what to do and I want answer...can anyone help
im 16 and my period has always lasted different legths of time but never longer than about 9 days, but this summer i had a 2 week long period, i thought it was a one off then next time i had it, it was 2 weeks long again.. it stopped for about a week then came back and this time im going on 3 weeks, it just keeps getting longer and heavier.. i am worried i will have bad loss of iron, one of my friends had a bad loss of iron and her hair was falling out, im scared this will happen to me.. im also scared of going on the pill becuase i dont want to put on weight... does anyone know what could be causing my period to do this?
This is kinda strange...I am 32 years old and I have had 9 children.My last baby that I had is 5 months old now,and this period this month is so crazy.I spotted brownish discharge for about a week around the time I was suppose to start my period,then finally my period came,but, its just not right.I can wear the same pad all day(which I dont) but just saying the blood loss is that minimal in the pad,but start bleeding real heavy when i go pee.Ive never had anything like this before in my life,not bleeding in the pad,only mainly when i urinate?Whats that about?Has anybody else ever experienced this? I even questioned myself and thought maybe that I was bleeding from my kidneys so,lol, I actually watched myself pee,kinda just standing over the toilet to watch,but no its not in my urine,coming from vagina.Has anyone ever done this too,or could I be bleeding internally?
I need help, i've been in a depo for some years. Then I stop getting depo, then aftet 3 months got my period last month of August. Tgen the following month I had my period so early for a week, then got my gall bladder surgery removed. While in hospital I still had my period. Its been 2 weeks now my period. I am scared right now, dont know what to do. Because until miw still have my period. I wont be back to OB GYN til the nxt month of the 18th.
Hi, I am 33 & have always had irregular periods. It would come on for 3 or more weeks at a time & stay off for 3 months @ a time. The only time I have been regular is when on bc. However, now I'm trying to get pregnant. The Dr put me on provera. It worked a cupl times but this time I can't get my period to go off; even w the provera. What do I do? I'm always tired & cramping. I can't live like this any longer. HELP!!!