Period won't stop
I started my period last week. It went on for the normal 5 days,stopped for a day . Now it's back again I have had it for almost 3 weeks now. I am very tired . Has it got something to do with the blood loss.
Hi there
I would definitely go to the doctor about this to be examined.  Yes the fatigue can be from all the blood loss and possibly low iron.
HI HITC HOW OLD ARE YOU?THIS MOST COMMONLY HAPPENS TO WOMEN WHO ARE IN THERE LATE 30's.YOU MIGHT HAVE FIBROIDS IN YOUR UTERUS.YOU NEED TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM IF YOU ARE FEELING WEAK AND FATIGUE,DON'T WAIT FOR A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT.WOMEN CAN BLEED TO DEATH FROM THIS.I SHOULD KNOW MY MOM ALL MOST DID.PLEASE SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION AT ONCE.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
HI YOU NEED TO BE TREATED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GO SEEK IT NOW!TNT406.
I am only 21.
You might want to get worked up for a bleeding disorder.  Von Willebrand's disease is common for females and can cause elongated periods.  Many can be controlled with birth control.
Heather, Thanks for noting the chance of Von Willebrand's Disease. I never heard of it until my teenage daughter started her period and it just didn't stop. She was tested for EVERYTHING under the sun including Ultrasounds, bloodwork etc.. She was also tested for Von Willebrand's and was negative but for it as well. We to this day have NO idea why she has this problem. She has been on a number of different hormone therapies which have to be changes every few months when they stop working. Without the pills she would bleed non stop. This has been the case for almost 3 years now and she is a Junior in High School and thinking ahead to her future which hopefully will include children. She asked me recently if she will even be able to have children considering the fact that stopping the pills means she has a neverending period. I don't know what to tell her. We have been told so many times that her body will work it all out, but after several years, I am doubting their advice. She has an annual in November and I intend to push for more answers and not just a refill. Anyone else have a clue?
Thanks for your advice. My period finally stopped a few days ago.
I am 25 years old and have not been able to get my periods under control either. They just last forever. They used to hurt really bad too, but now they don't. The only thing that has ever made any sence that I have been told is that my hormones are not at the levels that they should be. (Maybe due to a low thyroid). Unfortunately I have been suffering through the periods without medication since October 2004 because I was hoping to get preg. I was told this was a possibility because the bleeding does not always correspond with ovulation. It is emotional to live like this, it is really depressing to wear a pad everyday. Please share any help that you find and I promise to do the same.

Jenny_is_busy***@****
hey i am 17 years old and have been on my period for 3years non-stop it will be 4 years in january.The bleedin is light but i have a heavy week priod at the end of each month with gives me great discomfort n am constantly changin my pad and is hard when u ahve examinations.I have been prescribed many pills , taken the injection, none of which have had any effect.I have taken blood tests which do not show any worries, docotors have said the bleeding is not causing you a problem its jus an unwanted problem. i have had an internal check up and now have been booked in to have a IUS - hormonal intrauterine system. If anyone can help please do thank you x
I AM 19 AND I HAVE RECENTLY GOT THE DEPO SHOT NOVEMBER 8 OF THIS YEAR. NEVER BEEN ON ANY TYPE OF BIRTH CONTROL.WELL I DIDNT GET MY PERIOD UNTIL  THE 14TH OF DECEMBER.IT WAS 5 DAYS LATE BUT I HAVE HAD IT SINCE. IT IS NOW THE 26TH OF DECEMBER.  AND ITS STILL GOING. DOES THIS MAYBE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SHOT?
Yes it is because of the shot, I'm having the same problem.   I also took the shot in November 19 and started bleeding on December 10 haven't stop since then.  I'm not going back for my next shot, I rather go back to the pill or just use condoms. I have contacted my doctor and she told me that this is a side effect of the shot.  I have been going crazy trying to find out how to stop the bleeding myself but there really seems to be no way of controlling this.  I have read if you take Ibuprofen for 10 days or if you get your next shot earlier then you are scheduled, or if you start on the pill.  I have tried the Ibuprofen I have been taking 1000m a day and it has been 6 days now it has not stop, so I'm thinking of just riding it out and let it get out of my system on its own.  
i was on the depo shot for about a year and i had the same promblem for about 6 months. im not off the shot and it started back up again. i have been on my period since sepetember. and it is now january. if anybody noes what to do please let me know.
I WAS ON DEPO FOR 5 YEARS, I HAD BLEEDING THE FIRST YEAR STEADY, THEN 1 DAY IT STOPPED AND I DID NOT HAVE A PERIOD FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS TILL I WENT OFF THE SHOT!
I too have been on the depo shot since December 11, 2008 it is now April and i've been bleeding everyday since then. I think I might have been without this drama for 1 week, and then it started again. I really need to no how to stop it...first it was light bleeding that i could handle but now Im bleeding heavy, Im in hell. Whats the point of this shot if you cant even have a life with it. One thing i have to say is, this is the best birth control ever, cause i refuse to have sex period, now.........Someone help me.
I am 27 and have been on my period sense February, recently it has become very heavy with huge blood clots.  Last night I went through 8 pads in 5 hours.  My period has always been irregular lasting for 3 months then not getting one for 2-3 months.  I had blood test and an ultrasound but everything is normal.  Does anybody have any suggestions?
last year i had my period for 6 months straight. now itd back again and ivve had it for over a month.  heavy constant  bleeding. went to few different doctors tried few different birth controls. I gained over 40 pounds from birth control.  nothing has helped. doctors dont know whats wrong with me. i am tired all the time. all i wanna do is sleep. i am so depressed. i dont wanna talk to anyone anymore. its so frustrating.  i just wanna know whats wrong with me??  
i too was on depo for over 4 and a half years and never had a period! loved it!
i then decided to stop (JAN2008) and let my body clean its self out .........worst mistake ever!!!  
At first it took 3 months (APRIL 2008) before i started having my period, it was bad , lots of clots , pain ect and it went away for less than a week, it came back abnormally faster than usual (previous to depo) so i decided to go back on depo straight away.
i hate my period.
but it seems this time it has had the opposite effect on me and it didn't stop and i still have it.
its going on 3 months now since i first started bleeding, i too am very tired and i have tried 2 lots of medication that hasnt worked and am now at the stage i am going to see a gyno asap!!!
wish me luck ladies xoxo
In November I had the depo provera shot. I didn't have my period for 2 weeks and then it came and has not stopped. It's now 3 days until August. I have a doctor appt. for the 1st and that was the soonest I can be seen. I want it to go away. I'm scared it won't. I think I'm getting anemic and that might explain some of my severe exhaustion etc. But it's been 8monthes almost 9. Know one told me this was a possible side effect.  
about 5 years ago i had my period for 3 months straight- went to the gyno and she didnt see anything wrong, a week later it was gone and my period went back to normal. now im 25 and this march it went back to being crazy. it has gone away several times but only for a couple days and then came back. yesturday i only had it for about an hour of the whole day. i dont feel any pain, just occasional headaches and i get tired faster

i hate going to doctors, i dont have medical insurance, and i am deathly afraid of needles. am i crazy for wanting to let it ride out in hopes it will just go back to normal again?
Phew.  Sounds like depo provera and stuff mess us up.  I was on Depo for 10 years and didn't have a period once.  Stopped a year back and periods started again as normal once a month for 5-7 days and with pain, then I stopped long term oral steriods in April this year, periods were fine then only last 1-2 days, then 10 days, then 1 day and now 3 weeks ahhh.  I have been prescibed 200mg Utrogestan 3 times a day for days.  Anyone else had this treatment?  is it rough?  the pamphet has scared me a little