Periods and Depo shot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Periods and Depo shot

I have been on my period for almost four months now, not heavy just spotting, although it does get heavy once a  month. That week that it is heavy it is heavier than I used o get it before I got the shot, where I feel like I'm peeing on myself at times. I have gone to the doctor many many times, I have gotten ibuprofen, a low dosage birth control pill, and even estrogen, but none have worked. I only tried the birth control for a week and its been almost a month on the estrogen pill, but still no result and the doctor was sure it would work. I don't know what to do, any suggestions, advice, anything?
Such spotting can be due to pregnancy, ovarian problems, hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, crashed dieting, use of birth control pills, change in environment, excessive exercise, hormonal imbalance, fibroids and polyps (non cancerous growth) in the uterus, endometriosis (deposits of the inner lining of the uterus in the pelvic cavity) etc. You might have to go for a complete hormone profile and ultrasonography to know the cause of this.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.