Persistant vaginal/labia itching -- not yeast infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For the last 9+ months I have had continuous vaginal and labia (major and minor) itching. I have a constant clear discharge that appears/smells to be the same fluid my body produces when I'm having sex. My vaginal area is ALWAYS moist, creating a constant itch. The I went to the gyno a few months ago and she said it was a yeast infection. I've had yeast infections before, and the discharge from a yeast infection is much different than what I am experiencing. I took the necessary medications to get rid of a yeast infection and there was no change in my symptoms. The only way to relieve itching is by using a detachable shower head to spray the labia and vagina with water. It takes about 4 minutes of water blasting to relieve itching 12 hours.  

The symptoms started around the same time I switched to Yasmin birth control pills. My gyno has my on a system where I only get my period 4 times a year. I've searched for MONTHS for answers but haven't found anything describing my symptoms. Beyond clear discharge, I have no other symptoms.
Im not entirely sure but I would look up vulvadynia and see if any of the symptoms are similar to urs and it does sound like it. Clear discharge is a common symptom of bacterial infections rather than thrush but im sure the gyno knows wat they are talking about. I would def check out vulvadynia tho. good luck.
I did the same thing with spraying water to my vagina and pubic area, and one day-instead of cold water-  I tried using as hot water as I can bear for 1 minute. My vagina  felt numb for a while but surprisingly  the itch totally stopped after that, and then I did it everytime I pee-about  2 days after-  and it never came back until now and it's bee more than 2 weks now. . Before, I had constant itch everyday after I'd recovered with  yeast infection about 3 months ago. . It really surprise me with the hot water.
Forgot to mention something. I'm not using soap nor anything while cleaning vaginal area-just water. Soap only at rectal area.And wipe totally dry after but avoid using kleenex paper.
Wish you the best